Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] $15 Visa Debit Gift Card - 1 BTC  (Read 1181 times)
notaek (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2013, 06:08:56 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2013, 06:30:38 AM by notaek

As title states, I am selling a $15 Visa debit gift card for 1 bitcoin.  I got it as a mail in rebate.  PM me and once you give me 1 BTC I can give you the card information so you can use it on any website that accepts debit cards.  Also, you have to use it within 6 months or else they start fining you monthly.

Edit:  Yeah I'm totally fine with escrow (there's no reason for me not to be).  I just want to get this thing sold.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 06:20:56 AM

PS: Please use escrow on unrepped deals to be safe.
notaek (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 01:41:30 AM

bump

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 04:26:00 AM

I'd buy it, but I don't send BTC first if the exchange item is reversible.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
BTC4Amazon

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 04:40:59 AM

I sell BTC for these  BTC4Amazon.com

PM sent

Feedback from other users here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133935.0

Check your messages.

Thanks and have a nice day
mylove942006

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 09:14:17 AM

debit card data is safe with the new members?
SodColin

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:51:49 PM

I'll buy it. Would you allow me to purchase something with it first before allowing the escrow holder to release the BTC to you?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 03:53:43 PM

I'll buy it. Would you allow me to purchase something with it first before allowing the escrow holder to release the BTC to you?

^that sounds like the best method, as bitcon transfer is permentant, but both of you will know the card's account numbers until it is spent

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
debianlinux

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 03:59:07 PM

Why is this in the newbie forum instead of the marketplace forums?

It's a philosophical question with many possible answers few of which would prove wrong.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 04:13:04 PM

It's a philosophical question with many possible answers few of which would prove wrong.

noobies cant post in any other section until they spend the required time + posts on this site

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
debianlinux

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 04:18:41 PM

noobies cant post in any other section until they spend the required time + posts on this site

That only scratches the philosophical surface. A resulting question to be asked is why one might wish to create this thread for newbie consumption when they only have 2 posts at this forum. A more self-relevant question might be why I might trust such a person initiating a a transaction in such a manner.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 05:13:55 PM

valid points, but perhaps the OP did not feel that a $15 card was worth waiting 4hrs in forums to advertise?

notaek (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 07:06:24 PM

I've been mining bitcoins for a while now and I've been lurking on the forums for a while now too.  I made an account to start selling stuff, but I found out I could only post on the newbies forum (makes sense).  Then I saw a few other people with WTS ads here so I thought it would be fine if I posted one here as well.  Of course, from now on I will post my ads in the marketplace.

SodColin

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 10:54:49 PM

The seller has contacted me. Where can we find someone to provide escrow?
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 11:05:06 PM

I can do it if you like.  Tons of reputable trades here on the forums. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 12:06:43 AM

You have an escrow list in here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0

Hope it helps

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Nolo

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 01:21:12 AM

Ok, I was contacted about acting as an escrow agent.  

The buyer (SodColin) should send the BTC to this address:  1335dqds7yUuhX8TE39THcM8kmxLaoi3KF  

I'll post back in this thread once I receive the BTC.  

Then the seller (notaek) can transfer the Visa Debit Gift Card information to the buyer.  

Once I have received confirmation that the Visa Debit Gift Card has been received and satisfies the buyer's needs, I will release the BTC to the seller. 

If there is a dispute, I'll act as the mediator between the two parties, and my decision will be binding.  (It's only 1 BTC, I certainly hope we can do this without a dispute lol)

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
Nolo

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 04:59:42 AM

Notaek, SodColin has given me consent to release the BTC to you.  Please send me a bitcoin address to do so. 

Nolo

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:19:37 AM

Escrow funds sent to:

13gvCXP83f5MFyqchKNdJPzZBTJys7JyPP

My service as escrow agent is now complete.  Enjoy guys. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: