Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:50:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 24695 times)
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:47:55 PM

The main problem is "Bitcoin core" is a centrally controlled development group with Blockstream/PWC running command and control.

I can't even see how this is debatable? The developers with git keys and alert keys are on their payroll. Gavin Andresen might be bitcoin's last hope.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:49:55 PM

The main problem is "Bitcoin core" is a centrally controlled development group with Blockstream/PWC running command and control.

I can't even see how this is debatable? The developers with git keys and alert keys are on their payroll. Gavin Andresen might be bitcoin's last hope.

Seriously you are either paid to troll or are just plain stupid.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:52:28 PM

I love the way your only reaction is to name call instead of making intelligent points.

Then why don't you make one?

You just make false accusations and pretend that they are intelligent points - who do you think you are fooling?

It is pretty clear to me that you are simply being paid for this - so what I am going to do with you (like all the others) is just wear you down until you give up or your masters decide that your posts are not worth paying for.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 02:59:24 PM

I love the way your only reaction is to name call instead of making intelligent points.

You just make false accusations and pretend that they are intelligent points - who do you think you are fooling?

It is pretty clear to me that you are simply being paid for this - so what I am going to do with you (like all the others) is just wear you down until you give up or your masters decide that your posts are not worth paying for.

That's called trolling, Friend.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:00:10 PM

You must have missed the memo. These companies direct core now, if you can't understand that, there's nothing I can do to help.

http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2016/01/29/pwc-becomes-first-big-four-accounting-firm-to.html

~~
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:02:54 PM

Matt C, Greg M, Pieter W.  

why make me state the obvious..they are not just another company.
They are to me. No idea why anyone should be obsessed by their payroll at Blockstream when there is no evidence of anything wrong happening (right now).

FUD and possibly paid as CIYAM said. This has to be some sort of twisted joke. How could you even imply something like that a few days after their partnership announcement?

You must have missed the memo. These companies direct core now, if you can't understand that, there's nothing I can do to help.
So partnering up implies controlling the other company? Go back to the troll cave please. This is exactly the kind of toxicity that Antonopoulos has talked about in the past.
It is interesting how people are only playing one side of the game and making things obvious. Did anyone forget Gavin's visit to the CIA? This must imply that he is also controlled by them and that they're running the show, right?  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
blunderer

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:11:21 PM

FUD and possibly paid as CIYAM said. This has to be some sort of twisted joke. ...

Suggesting that those who disagree with you are being paid is sleazebaggery. Hilarious sleazebaggerry, coming from theymos' [paid] white knight.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:12:16 PM

Let me spell this out for you guys. Do you honestly think there is zero conflict of interest here?

http://www.americanbanker.com/news/bank-technology/pwc-partners-with-bitcoin-startup-for-blockchain-push-1079122-1.html

Read the above article very very carefully and ask yourself who controls development of the "parent chain."  Kiss

~~
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:15:10 PM

Read the above article very very carefully and ask yourself who controls development of the "parent chain."  Kiss

Who pays Gavin to try and take over Bitcoin?

Or do you think he is some sort of "white knight" coming to save the project for nothing?

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:18:48 PM

Matt C, Greg M, Pieter W.  

why make me state the obvious..they are not just another company.
They are to me. No idea why anyone should be obsessed by their payroll at Blockstream when there is no evidence of anything wrong happening (right now).

It's not about "evidence of doing wrong", the point is Blockstream has huge influence
on Core due to the names I just mentioned.

Saying that blockstream is 'just another company' is so obviously incorrect, its ridiculous.
To me it just shows how deep your bias is and that you'll argue even the dumbest points
to try to support your position.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:20:14 PM

Saying that blockstream is 'just another company' is so obviously incorrect, its ridiculous.
To me it just shows how deep your bias is and that you'll argue even the dumbest points

But that is *exactly* what you are doing as Gavin is being backed by companies as well (he just doesn't disclose as honestly as the core devs do which is apparently something that you think he should get away with and that they should be punished for).

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:21:04 PM

Finally a solution most of them will agree about. It s time to end this saga.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:21:24 PM

Every time he opens his mouth, the price goes down, what the fuck? He is very negative to bitcoin's stability.

bitlost

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:23:39 PM

http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2016/01/29/pwc-becomes-first-big-four-accounting-firm-to.html

~~

uow, that's pretty serious. Is that all FUD or should we be concerned bitcoin has been co-opted by corporate interests?
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:26:24 PM

Is that all FUD or should we be concerned bitcoin has been co-opted by corporate interests?

It is FUD and he is being paid to post it.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:26:46 PM

It's not about "evidence of doing wrong", the point is Blockstream has huge influence
So 3 people have more influence that then remaining contributors (~40 I believe)? How would this be possible? I thought Wladimir was running the show? He does not seem biased at all (right now).

Here we go again, direct attacks without proper arguments. Does it ever stop from your side ('your' as in the group that you support)?

uow, that's pretty serious. Is that all FUD or should we be concerned bitcoin has been co-opted by corporate interests?
There's nothing wrong with a partnership between companies. The "FUD" claims are those that the other company is controlling Bitcoin right now even though there is zero evidence of this.

Every time he opens his mouth, the price goes down, what the fuck? He is very negative to bitcoin's stability.
Quite the coincidence right?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
blunderer

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:31:19 PM

So 3 people have more influence that then remaining contributors (~40 I believe)? How would this be possible? Wladimir is running the show and he does not seem biased at the moment.
How many of the 40 have commit privileges?
Here we go again, direct attacks without proper arguments. Does it ever stop from your side ('your' as in the group that you support)?
Lol, you & CIYAM are saying everyone disagreeing with you two is being paid. Can't stoop much lower.
Quite the coincidence right?

Terse, logically sound and topically pertinent comment from Lauda. Cool
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:33:32 PM

So 3 people have more influence that then remaining contributors (~40 I believe)? How would this be possible? Wladimir is running the show and he does not seem biased at the moment.

I think Blockstream is down to just one with Pieter.

Edit:

Here's a list of devs with commit access and their evil allegiances:

GAVIN: MIT, COINBASE (Probably USG)
WLADIMIR: MIT (ibid.)
JEFF: BITPAY (I think)
PIETER: BLOCKSTREAM (Probably evil)

And maybe GREG.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:36:37 PM

So 3 people have more influence that then remaining contributors (~40 I believe)? How would this be possible?

Pretty much, yes.  If not "more", then a huge chunk of the influence.

How is this possible?   It's simple:

Most things in life, nature, business, whatever do not have an even distribution.
The alpha lion gets to eat first (hence the term lion's share).  The others get scraps.
That's how the world works.  Greg and Pieter have much more public recognition
(and rightfully so) due to better skills, more lines of code written, more publicity, etc.
And also they are on the top tier as far as having been 2 of the 5 with commit access
to the repo.

As a side note, I heard that Greg recently gave up his commit access. If that
is true and he did it to reduce conflict of interest, I applaud that but I think
it doesn't reduce his influence much.  

Also, if you're thinking "oh good he's admitting how skilled they are", well I never
disagreed with that.

blunderer

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:43:09 PM

I think Blockstream is down to just one with Pieter.

Meant "How many of the 40 have commit privileges," not "how many Blockstream employees."
If I wanted to rob a house, how many people with house_keys do I need to corrupt, given that there is a total of ~40 people who have access to the keys?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: