Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:28:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 24688 times)
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:43:43 PM

I can speak for myselves only - (blah, blah, and blah)

If you can actually make a point then please make it in one small sentence less than 20 words (no-one is going to read your wall of text).

Bitcoin Core stopping Bitcoin adoption without working offchain solutions ready.

10 words above for everyone who cant grasp and process more than 20 words / post.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 05:45:43 PM

Bitcoin Core stopping Bitcoin adoption without working offchain solutions ready.

Rubbish - next point?

(or are all your points just personal opinions like this one)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:58:03 PM

Rubbish - next point?

How about you stop being so unpleasant, hmm?

ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:58:45 PM

Rubbish - next point?

I did not see much points from you here or in your history either, as far as I remember.

Im gonna stopping feeding your troll based responses anymore. Good luck catching other victims.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 06:04:58 PM

Im gonna stopping feeding your troll based responses anymore. Good luck catching other victims.

Good - getting trolls like you to stop posting is mostly what I am doing now (and I'm sure I'll catch others just easily as you).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:07:44 PM

Good - getting trolls like you to stop posting is mostly what I am doing now (and I'm sure I'll catch others just easily as you).

If I may: Being an ass only makes it easier. Being trolled is a test of endurance and intellectual integrity. You've failed this test before. Lips sealed

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 06:13:11 PM

If I may: Being an ass only makes it easier. Being trolled is a test of endurance and intellectual integrity. You've failed this test before. Lips sealed

Well - keep on trying - and let's see if you can beat me.

(btw - you just screwed up as everyone else can now see that your entire point is to troll rather than anything else - something that I knew that you would disclose sooner or later simply because you are not very smart)

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:17:28 PM

Well - keep on trying - and let's see if you can beat me.

(btw - you just screwed up as everyone else can now see that your entire point is to troll rather than anything else - something that I knew that you would disclose sooner or later simply because you are not very smart)

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 09:20:36 PM

Greg and the gang rightfully earned their respect in the space, but that also doesn't mean they are immune
from becoming controlling, having their own agenda, or making bad decisions.
I have never claimed this though.
Some feel this way and others do not who continue to support Core. Still others may be undecided or feel that both arguments have merit or that no one can be trusted anymore.
I disagree with some of those(those that solely oppose Core because of Blockstream). The block size debate started out as a technical discussion back when Gavin suggested 20 MB blocks (he was wrong). However, now it has turned mostly into a political game of speculation and accusations.

I really don't know what will happen and I certainly
don't have all the answers.

Despite the chaos, what I love about all this is that its a free market.  No one can force anyone to do anything. Everyone is free to make their own decisions, participate (or not) in whatever
they want, say whatever they want, and run whatever code they want.
This free market that you cherish enables manipulation of the average Joe and thus the possibility of self destruction becomes greater. I'm not saying that the free market is a bad thing, but it has its downsides (what doesn't?). I've seen so much false information in regards to Segwit, LN, sidechains, Blockstream and whatnot.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:03:11 PM

Greg and the gang rightfully earned their respect in the space, but that also doesn't mean they are immune
from becoming controlling, having their own agenda, or making bad decisions.
I have never claimed this though.

never said you did  Smiley

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:23:42 PM

Dear Bitcointalk,

If CIYAM doesn't stop trolling me and you don't intervene I'll be forced to take action in the form of having my wife DDoS you or something.

Look to it!

BMB

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
steeev

Activity: 128
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:46:29 AM

wow intense level of noise coming from the usual suspects ...

having lost the technical argument, increasingly shrill desperation means they're now just trying to force the idea of a needless, rushed, and feebly envisioned hard fork through using character assassination of the very people that are preparing the ground for taking the entire project to the next level...

after all the big block figureheads and their lofty assertions faltered, and their huge numbers being thrown around withered to a rind of 2MB, and err, not much else, what seemed on this forum to have an air of last ditch bargaining has now just become ranting, foaming at the mouth accusation...

none of this noise changes anything though - it can't cover up the fact that their approach - (be it XT, Unlimited, Classic, or whatever the next retread's called) -  is inherently inferior.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 03:15:58 PM

wow intense level of noise coming from the usual suspects ...

having lost the technical argument, increasingly shrill desperation means they're now just trying to force the idea of a needless, rushed, and feebly envisioned hard fork through using character assassination of the very people that are preparing the ground for taking the entire project to the next level...

after all the big block figureheads and their lofty assertions faltered, and their huge numbers being thrown around withered to a rind of 2MB, and err, not much else, what seemed on this forum to have an air of last ditch bargaining has now just become ranting, foaming at the mouth accusation...

none of this noise changes anything though - it can't cover up the fact that their approach - (be it XT, Unlimited, Classic, or whatever the next retread's called) -  is inherently inferior.

"withered to a rind of 2MB"

lmao

+1 for eloquent domination post   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 05:09:18 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2019, 04:41:29 PM by MicroGuy

none of this noise changes anything though - it can't cover up the fact that their approach - (be it XT, Unlimited, Classic, or whatever the next retread's called) -  is inherently inferior.

How exactly is increasing the blocksize to 2MB an inferior 'retread' when it preserves Satoshi's original protocol in pristine virgin form?
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 05:11:44 PM

How exactly is increasing the blocksize to 2MB a 'retread' when it preserves Satoshi's original protocol in pristine virgin form? Cool

Well - the "pristine virgin form" had 32MB - so what exactly are you talking about?

(oh - yes - now that everyone has worked out that it can't work Gavin just keeps on reducing the amount in order to take over the project)

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 05:23:38 PM

Lets just all agree and do it, there really is no negative to kicking it up an extra mb.
No. There are no positives to this aside from a increase in capacity. Segwit does that and so much more. In the battle between Segwit and 2 MB blocks, Segwit is the clear winner by far.
It will give people experience on hard forks and a mutual one is a good place to start, to be honest I am pretty sure we all know there will more hard forks in the future.
That's the only reason that Garzik is supportive of Classic. He wants "us" to have experience with hard forks and I don't mind. If you disregard that, he does not have a real reason to support an implementation with a non existing development team (exclude Garzik and Gavin).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:28:24 PM

lauda thinks its a community vs blockstream.. and anyone in the community wanting 2mb must be deemed a threat and insulted as being a greedy banker or a cryptsy thieving toomin team..

over one million people in the community cannot all be greedy bankers or toomins.. (wake up lauda!! stop staring glazy eyed at your blockstream friends and see the rest of the world)

so how about 2mbsegwit.. 2 birds one stone.. seeing as how fullnodes need to upgrade in april anyway, and how it wont become consensus until 95%.. (imagining 2017-2018) it just sounds logical to have it all done in one upgrade ready for any possibility. rather than just a one way street. dominated by one company

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 05:41:36 PM

over one million people in the community cannot all be greedy bankers or toomins.. (wake up lauda!! stop staring glazy eyed at your blockstream friends and see the rest of the world)

Stop making up stupid figures about "the community" - there are only "paid shills" such as yourself that we are talking about here.

(yes @franky1 - you are *done* and your are going to be stopped paid as soon as your masters can see that you are being "done like a dinner" everywhere that you post)

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:45:01 PM

ill just leave this here because lauda deleted the post in the blockstream road map..

he doesnt want his blockstream disciples from seeing there is another way, that would prolong the buffer to allow more growth without endless upgrades from just one company.

if only the (1) roadmap was more like this as the choices:

[/quote]

Stop making up stupid figures about "the community" -

go on, say the words that there are not 1 million bitcoin users. then ill prove you wrong.. you first though

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 05:48:04 PM

Lets just all agree and do it, there really is no negative to kicking it up an extra mb.

It will give people experience on hard forks and a mutual one is a good place to start, to be honest I am pretty sure we all know there will more hard forks in the future.

The community already does agree but core will never get approval from its corporate Blocksteam™/PWC wage masters.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: