Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:58:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you change your social media network if you could actually earn money by simply using another network?
YES! - 31 (63.3%)
No, I don't like money. - 18 (36.7%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Synereo - Earn Money Using Social Media  (Read 7729 times)
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:21:24 AM

So the Synereo team is what exactly? Snakeoil Salesmen? Hypester? Pumpers?
And what has the "US Society" "decided" about libel?

Oh and how exactly does one compare an ICO to murder and rape?
I am confused, because at the ICO you can say "no" and not be harmed, while the point in murder and rape is that you can`t.
BTW, for the records, I am a Synereo ICO "victim" myself. Must be stockholm syndrome, that I feel fine so far and I would even if Synereo turned out to be a total failure, because...well, that`s the risk one takes when investing and I could not find a single hint a fraudulent behavior by the team so far.

I am no native english speaker, so I am in no way able to compete with your rhetorical skills, it`s just that I can`t stand unfairness and libel.
You will as usual have the last (many many) words, but maybe you should spend more time proving the world what a genius you are with a real finished project/product, instead of spending your time pretending to protect people from what your competition does (and to call you a "competitor" is actually pretty generous, as you haven`t delivered ANYTHING as far as I can tell).
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:37:05 AM

So the Synereo team is what exactly? Snakeoil Salesmen? Hypester? Pumpers?

Are you alleging that they are? What are the legal definitions of those terms?

I was talking about the general legal matter and informally summarizing my IANAL understanding of the securities law and the purpose for the existence of the law.

Do I think Synereo's ICO violated the law? Yes probably in my IANAL personal opinion. But that is just my opinion and I am free to express my opinion on a forum that exists to share opinions on matters such as these.

And what has the "US Society" "decided" about libel?

Why don't you explain precisely by citing the case law the relevance of your question. It appears to be irrelevant to what I wrote in the prior post and appears to be an attempt to scare me into not expressing my opinions.

Oh and how exactly does one compare an ICO to murder and rape?

On the abstraction notion of freedom. Society doesn't think we should be free to murder and rape. Society has also decided we should not be free to issue unregistered investment securities to "unsophisticated, non-accredited" USA investors. That is the law. Go complain to society if you disagree. It is not my opinion that matters.

I am confused

Obviously.

, because at the ICO you can say "no" and not be harmed, while the point in murder and rape is that you can`t.

I didn't make the law. Society did. Society ostensibly feels that you can purchase a gun to defend yourself if you don't want to be murdered or raped. And society ostensibly feels that n00bs lack the information to make informed investment decisions and are easily suckered into being victims and thus in effect are actually psychologically powerless because they were salivating over getting rich quickly and lost their objectivity.

BTW, for the records, I am a Synereo ICO "victim" myself. Must be stockholm syndrome, that I feel fine so far

The initial pump of Synereo was ostensibly very lucrative for the ICO investors. I am not surprised you are not crying. You are only angry now because punchbowl might be taken away.

and I would even if Synereo turned out to be a total failure, because...well, that`s the risk one takes when investing and I could not find a single hint a fraudulent behavior by the team so far.

Thanks for being an example how n00bs are fooled. You didn't even conceive of the fact that selling an illegal security is already a fraud. And also you didn't know the facts I have been explaining about how slim the chances of Synereo's adoption really are. You were only fed the hype "Attention Model" will revolutionize...

I am no native english speaker, so I am in no way able to compete with your rhetorical skills, it`s just that I can`t stand unfairness and libel.

Then you aren't going to respect USA securities law. I have noticed this that so many non-USA citizens here think they can give a middle finger to the SEC.

You will as usual have the last (many many) words, but maybe you should spend more time proving the world what a genius you are with a real finished project/product, instead of spending your time pretending to protect people from what your competition does (and to call you a "competitor" is actually pretty generous, as you haven`t delivered ANYTHING as far as I can tell).

Competition? How is selling ICO vaporware competition? Is the Dash scam competition? Is the Bitshares scam competition? I already showed the statistics that these altcoins have no adoption (not even 1/1000th of Bitcoin's measily adoption).

This is all mining the speculators. That is all it is. And you are fooled.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:57:31 AM

As for "scaring people etc": that`s what YOU keep doing by alleging "scam" and SEC prosecution all over the place.

Correct. I am trying to stop the scams. Is that bad? I am also helping the ICO issuers minimize their future problems by making sure investors were informed and thus "sophisticated". I am actually helping to reduce their potential future liability, because they can argue I was informing all the n00bs. Also by reducing the popularity of their ICOs, that is less money involved and so I presume less likely the SEC will bother.

So you tried to scare me with libel because you don't want the illegal scams to stop. Careful. Be careful what you are promoting.

Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 10:20:02 AM

You are not being told to do anything, at least not by me, as you insinuate. It`s just an advice I very well know you are not going to take.
As for "scaring people etc": that`s what YOU keep doing by alleging "scam" and SEC prosecution all over the place.
GO CALL THE COPS if what you say is true! Go to the SEC! Isn`t it your duty after all? You are soooo worried about the poor "n00bs" here, so please, go the the SEC/CIA/NSA/US Army and please protect the shit out of everybody!

He won't, because he can't, our little friend here can't afford an interaction with said agencies..........

But between you and I, let's let him continue to the be the BIG MAN on bitcointalk.

He is at least our little muse, a DASH court jester if you will.  

Well, in that case he was kindly protecting me from another alleged scam (Synereo/AMP), but yes, he is also protecting me in the DASH case.
It`s just that I am appaled by his hypocrisy. I would not waste my time on internet forums if I was witnessing alleged crimes comparable to rape and murder (his words) but go straight to the authorities.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:40:29 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 08:23:49 AM by TPTB_need_war

Btw, Synereo is releasing its beta any day now.  Take a look at these guys -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iALtgkpIDRU  They're going to dominate this space.

Lol, yes these dorks are going to dominate by requiring bloggers to learn Github.  Roll Eyes

Then @ 26mins we have Greg Meredith raving about recruiting an economist and hiring a former Ethereum developer who talks about Oleg's monad blogs. As if this focus on eggheads has anything to do with wide-scale adoption of a social network.

At @30min, Greg admits that the "Lively Gig" team has stated, "Synereo doesn't know what they are doing".

At @38min, Greg points out that there is an insoluble problem in that the value of AMPs will be siphoned off to ETH or BTC units. And he admits Synereo can't scale for 18 months, because current block chain model won't scale and will need to be replaced.

GailSan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:51:12 AM

Next month, Synereo is releasing their beta social media application.  If you don't know, Synereo is, at its core, a decentralized, monetized content delivery network.  By allowing users to directly own their data, thus cutting out the middleman (aka Mark Zuckerberg), Synereo passes on the profits to its userbase.  This is referred to as the "attention economy".  As users view and refer ("like") content coming into their personalized streams, they generate a reputation score and earn money.  The attention economy is powered by AMPs on a Casper blockchain.  All settlement is done in AMPs, but the user will have the option of earning any currency they wish.

My question to you is, "Would you change your social media network if you could actually earn money by simply using another network?"

Personally, I think this model has a great, widespread appeal to both the privacy oriented crypto crowd and the general market populace.  Who wouldn't want to earn money by doing something they already spend time doing?

Yes Yes Yes. Decentralized social networking. I dislike Facebook strongly, and its owner whom I believe is anti freedom of speech. Synero has much promise, I look forward to it.  Smiley
DecentralizeEconomics (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:58:19 AM

Btw, Synereo is releasing its beta any day now.  Take a look at these guys -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iALtgkpIDRU  They're going to dominate this space.

these dorks

Be careful... those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
thenewelf

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 05:20:47 PM

Another critically important question is whether Synereo attention model will work well.

I have very strong doubts about whether people will want to get paid from a social network, because I think the earnings will be so small that they will be offended. They join social networks for greater reasons, such as sharing, interacting, etc.. Instead I think you need to give them a better experience of what they really joined for.

I agree that the problem with Steem it and Synero is the attention model economy. The attention economy should change. I believe that people are going to post and valorize meaningful content if they feel their actions produce the network to connect them with more like-minded people .

I thought for years thoroughly about an mathematic, algorithmic idea of categorizing posts and publishing through colours that represent the "meaning" and the "social value" of the information.

Here is a briefly manifesto:

Content and peoples profile in the network are colorized. You could initially choose for your profile a colour that represents you. Also you can choose an initial tagged colour for your posted content. The colour represent the meaning, the feeling, the information and the intention of your post ("Post" mean content, music, art, "anything". For now on im going to say only the word "post"). People can like your post and put a colour into it if they feel that the content represent the colour. This network intelligence is going to change your initial colour or confirm it.

For example, you can post an ecological proposition and tag it with green. People like it (amp it) and maybe they colorize it to green if they feel that your content has a green feeling or maybe some of them chose green as a an initial colour avatar/profile and they empatize with you. So through voting your profile avatar turns more greener. Profiles who are in a colour near the green pattern will be more connected to your influence and receive in their top news more material that you post. Advertising can follow the same pattern. For example here in Argentina, were I leave, there is a fair trade brand of mate called "Titrayju" ("mate" its a drink similar to tea) that doesnt explotes the producers and collectors of the herb. If people like the brand they could upvote the advert and colurize it green if they feel that your brand represent feelings like natural,ecological or whatever they thought that green represent. A green advert means that its going to show more often and promoted in this type of contents helping them to reach their public targets.

So basically the colour of the profiles of peoples and enterprises will change through posting, upvoting, downvoting and rewards with Amps.

All this behaviour could be hold in the network and mathematically represented through algorithms. Your beheaviour on the network its going to change your colour and your influence. In the network there is going to be changes in trending topics, colour population, perception of information, etc.

Its long to explain but the network should interpret also tagged words through the psicology of colours so there its not going to be guetto colours. For example red and green people will be connected through other feelings and contents and everything (I recommend the reading of "Psychology of Colours" by Eva Heller as a bibliografic resource).

After some months of running of the network trending and correlation through different colours should appear so people in real life is going to promote Synereo asking to someone: "What colour are you?"

I do not want to extend me in other topics but with this type of network I know that its possible to make a social impact with a lot of benefits for the world.

Well what do you think?
I think this is the missed social and spiritual component of all social networks. I think that through colours its easy to understand and especially is easy to "feel" for the users

BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:41:20 AM

I will definitely be trying it.  I love the concept of decentralized social media and people being rewarded for their content rather than making someone else rich. 

Does anyone know when in September it will be released and we can actually use it?

I have been following Synereo for a year and this is great to see it become something that can be used rather than speculated.

I love Bitcoin
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 11:50:00 AM

How much of synereo's price rise is attributable to Steemit's travails at the moment vs actual substantive decentralised tech build-out at Synereo itself?

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 01:40:00 PM

Thanks to social media I've been updated to what's going on with my family, friends and acquaintances. If I am paid for being a member of that platform then I would definitely join. I've been a member of this forum also because I can earn from here and I can benefit from it. I will shift to Synereo then if the site is already up and then encourage people to join and if they know that they will earn from it then I'm sure they will join also. Getting paid doing what you like is the best.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Anapple

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 06:31:46 PM

How much of synereo's price rise is attributable to Steemit's travails at the moment vs actual substantive decentralised tech build-out at Synereo itself?

Synereos alpha has not been published yet, but the potential synereo is showing is great. Some of the current price rise may come from investors switching from steem to synereo, but I think it is mostly due to people showing interest towards the platform. After a usable version of the social network has been released, we will see how many former steemit users will start using synereo instead.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:53:35 AM

When will Synereo have an official release? They must hurry up before the market for decentralized social media becomes saturated. Sometimes it would be better to launch early than waiting for a stable version and for the right time. There is a saying in the start up world that says if you released a perfect version of your software, it means you have released it too late.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:37:15 AM

Thanks, that's helpful.
Has anyone looked at the Yours Network project, which is built on the BTC blockchain. How would this compare to Synereo or indeed Steemit?

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:27:18 AM

When will Synereo have an official release? They must hurry up before the market for decentralized social media becomes saturated. Sometimes it would be better to launch early than waiting for a stable version and for the right time. There is a saying in the start up world that says if you released a perfect version of your software, it means you have released it too late.

September 9th is the official release.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:45:36 AM

@DecentralizeEconomics. Good, I did not realize that it is already close. I am very excited and I hope it will live with all our expectations. Is this release complete with full nodes and all the client side stuff too?

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1123

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:07:50 AM

Next month, Synereo is releasing their beta social media application.  If you don't know, Synereo is, at its core, a decentralized, monetized content delivery network.  By allowing users to directly own their data, thus cutting out the middleman (aka Mark Zuckerberg), Synereo passes on the profits to its userbase.  This is referred to as the "attention economy".  As users view and refer ("like") content coming into their personalized streams, they generate a reputation score and earn money.  The attention economy is powered by AMPs on a Casper blockchain.  All settlement is done in AMPs, but the user will have the option of earning any currency they wish.

My question to you is, "Would you change your social media network if you could actually earn money by simply using another network?"

Personally, I think this model has a great, widespread appeal to both the privacy oriented crypto crowd and the general market populace.  Who wouldn't want to earn money by doing something they already spend time doing?

To answer you question. Yes I will change my social media network. All posts in facebook are some BS and it gets weary everyday seeing just the same all over again. If there is profit in this then that is a PLUS for me.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 09:16:54 AM

@DecentralizeEconomics. Good, I did not realize that it is already close. I am very excited and I hope it will live with all our expectations. Is this release complete with full nodes and all the client side stuff too?

It's an alpha release.  You will be able to start up your own full node to support the network.  They'll have a hangout session this Wednesday, the 31st, and next Wednesday, the 7th, where I assume they'll go over what will and won't be functional.  The AMP blockchain won't be functional during this release, but instead test AMPs will be utilized.  Users who own test AMPs will be able to convert them to real AMPs.

raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:56:30 PM

It's an alpha release.  You will be able to start up your own full node to support the network.  They'll have a hangout session this Wednesday, the 31st, and next Wednesday, the 7th, where I assume they'll go over what will and won't be functional.  The AMP blockchain won't be functional during this release, but instead test AMPs will be utilized.  Users who own test AMPs will be able to convert them to real AMPs.
any bounty or something like to node owners? i was willing to make a AMP node but reading the page i didnt saw any good reason(beside support the network  Roll Eyes).
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:50:02 AM

Ok. So when will the beta release be? Will it be out by year end?