Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:39:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which attention economy crypto will attain the first mover advantage?
Synereo - 10 (32.3%)
STEEM - 21 (67.7%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll - Which social media platform will launch a MVP sooner Synereo or STEEM ?  (Read 2291 times)
tombstone2

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:07:32 PM

sounds like scam justification to me...

They said no premine no instamine then instamined it all themselves. When someone else got some they reset the blockchain to start again.

sounds like xcoin release but they had to do it that way.

soon it seems devs will have to take 80% of the minting it's the only fair and legal way to get some funds Sad

I'd take transparent ICO over this.

Let's go back to POW fair release protocols from wave 2 of alt releases.

So it's not ok to premine (mine before the ann thread is created)

But it is okay to instamine it whilst stopping majority of others mining it. Whilst claiming no instamine and no premine.

It's kind of hard to believe what an idiot you are.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:24:09 PM

sounds like scam justification to me...

They said no premine no instamine then instamined it all themselves. When someone else got some they reset the blockchain to start again.

sounds like xcoin release but they had to do it that way.

soon it seems devs will have to take 80% of the minting it's the only fair and legal way to get some funds Sad

I'd take transparent ICO over this.

Let's go back to POW fair release protocols from wave 2 of alt releases.

So it's not ok to premine (mine before the ann thread is created)

But it is okay to instamine it whilst stopping majority of others mining it. Whilst claiming no instamine and no premine.

It's kind of hard to believe what an idiot you are.

shhhh I've seen you in the steem scam thread. You grabbed a few steeming scam coins good for you.

I like this bit
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps the Bitcoin Communities cultural regulations are a blessing in disguise. By intentionally violating every one of their expectations you can minimize your token’s value at launch while still legally mining a token for minimal cost.

Those in the Bitcoin community who are forward-thinking enough to recognize the value of alternative allocation strategies can mine these pariah coins and profit along with their creators.

================================================================

haha what a joker. Under the guise of doing it all to remain legal and above board.

You heard it right here. Only a handful of miners (because if everyone can mine his idea does not work) should be able to mine and profit. Everyone else should be scammed into paying high prices for the coins they got for nothing if they can get it to take off. Which hopefully they wont if we all brand it a scam and spread the word to others its a scam. Then clone their ideas and release them in a fair manner.

I mean it is that simple. It will be deliberately unfair in every possible way to ensure only the devs and handful of others can mine it. Then the profit goes to them and only them and the creators.

You don't call scam on steem and let them get away with this you can kiss goodbye to any sort of fair distribution in the future.
This is darkcoin/xcoin all over again. This time it has to be done like that for their own good and the good of the few miners that may be allowed to grab up all the coins with them.

Pariah coins? = scam coins.

You see this STEEM scam is basically exactly like xcoin/dash coin. It may not be quite so bad because they are saying that a lot of the coins they grabbed all up for themselves are not really all for themselves because they will be given out to people using the social media site. Used for development etc etc...

However, let's get some exactly numbers put down so we can see just how much they grabbed up , how much is vested, how much retained for giving out to social media users, how much for development.

That's not the main issue. The main issue now is all the future releases of pariah coins that wont give shit out for free and we have to rely on them even doing so.

what about all the other devs looking at this justication for grabbing up all the coins with a few pals...they may not be social media and will just keep all the coins and "profit like the creators"?

Alternative allocation strategy hey.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:29:43 PM

I mean it is that simple. It will be deliberately unfair in every possible way to ensure only the devs and handful of others can mine it. Then the profit goes to them and only them and the creators.

That is not the only possible outcome of Daniel Larimer's astute logic. That is one possible way to do it, which I agree is not going to result in a viable ecosystem.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 08:25:13 PM

That is not the only possible outcome of Daniel Larimer's astute logic. That is one possible way to do it, which I agree is not going to result in a viable ecosystem.

Do you mean the profiting part?

But he says that only those whom mine pariah coins and the devs will profit? that is what he is saying? is it or is he just pretending to be super unfair to put everyone off even more and you are seeing something there that I am not seeing?

They won't be pariah coins if everyone can mine and if they were not considered grossly unfair and unacceptable?

This idea is only mildly acceptable to the majority if

1. you can 100% trust the devs
2. they actually do give a very reasonable amount away like for social media activity
3. they do not create a handful of whales (pals tipped off early and given easy guide to mining) who are just used to protect and enable. I mean these few whales that are in on it too will be getting a ton of vests too to keep them going. So somehow they have to make it so so unfair that only they the devs can grab the coins. There should be no other mining whales. But somehow there be some tiny possibility others can mine if they are super talents in this field and happen upon the coin before it's all mined away.

there is no harm in creating a dev fund and a pot to pay out of for social media tipping but the number should be set out before. Which I guess is hard to do because you don't know the market value of your tokens at the start.

Also hoping to turn everyone off from the idea

1, by making it impossible to mine by the majority
2. by making it look grossly unfair in every single way

Is only going to make for a bad start and lots of hostility from miners so they better be able to market very well outside of the mining community.

Also who wants to be first to buy these tokens on exchange when you know that you were deliberately held off mining them for next to nothing like the devs and a few pals. You would want a very good chance them increasing in value and not dropping else you have been totally suckered,

I am not refuting his other logical points regarding remaining compliant with regulations. Although they appear like work arounds and loopholes rather than clearly staying within the intended guidelines. I would not be suprised even after doing it like this they could later come back and spank you with huge fines if it suited them and there was enough money involved to make it worth it for them.

I know laws don't abide essentially by logic but

premine is illegal but captive instamine (which somehow isnt instamine) is okay? I mean even if you deliberately make it so the vast vast majority are unable to mine at all?

I just think if anyone should accept this new alternative mining method so many things need to be set in stone and no way to wriggle out. Also it is open to abuse until you find a way to captive instamine after release with only the dev wallet/s getting 95% of the non instamine instamine tokens. Who knows what select few pals could be getting the special mining/compiling instructions.

So i see it open to abuse and will start with negative vibes.

I'm may be missing something very important here that is going to change my entire opinion on it but as yet I have not located it. I see this alternative distribution method being open to huge abuse though if they can ever convince the board not to brand it as a very bad idea.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:37:33 PM

Do you mean the profiting part?

I mean a lead developer(s) can use a variant of his strategy to attain some fair percentage of the tokens, say 1 - 5% as Satoshi is alleged to have done, and still not destroy the adoption of the currency.

If you were wise, you'd spend 4% of that 5% developing the ecosystem. And end up with a non-troubling 1% for your excellent and noble efforts. While also being compliant with the law.

I don't think it is necessary to have an instamine in order to achieve the apparently legal strategy Daniel Larimer explained.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:01:25 AM

Daniel Larimer, creator of BitShares, is a dev behind steem. 

SO, WE MEET AGAIN LARIMER GANG...  NOW WILL BE THE FINAL SHOWDOWN!

No way would Dan try and scam people.

LOL

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:51:46 AM

LOL

Wow! DecentralizeEconomics still with us! Do you have some new pictures?  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:56:13 AM

LOL

Wow! DecentralizeEconomics still with us! Do you have some new pictures?  Smiley

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
testz
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:19:03 AM

Good, but I already seen similar picture  Sad
Do you have something fresh?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:20:59 AM

Good, but I already seen similar picture  Sad
Do you have something fresh?

All in good time.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:31:34 AM

Btw, Synereo is releasing its beta any day now.  Take a look at these guys -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iALtgkpIDRU  They're going to dominate this space.

testz
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:42:24 AM

Btw, Synereo is releasing its beta any day now.  Take a look at these guys -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iALtgkpIDRU  They're going to dominate this space.

Excellent, definitely I will take a look when it's released.
BTW: When Synereo will be released you can post about it at Steem.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:31:29 AM

Excellent, definitely I will take a look when it's released.
BTW: When Synereo will be released you can post about it at Steem.

No, I can't, because the Larimer Gang and anyone associated with them are thieves.  Just like they copied NXT's GUI and innovative PoS algo for Bitshares to line their wallets, they are undoubtedly doing the same thing to Synereo with their ill-fated, scam of a project called "Steem".  They even had to choose a name that started with an "S" in a pathetic attempt to cause confusion between the two projects and hopefully con some people.  If the lying Larimers want to find out about Synereo, they'll have to do their own research.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:37:35 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 08:23:39 AM by TPTB_need_war

Btw, Synereo is releasing its beta any day now.  Take a look at these guys -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iALtgkpIDRU  They're going to dominate this space.

Lol, yes these dorks are going to dominate by requiring bloggers to learn Github.  Roll Eyes

Then @ 26mins we have Greg Meredith raving about recruiting an economist and hiring a former Ethereum developer who talks about Oleg's monad blogs. As if this focus on eggheads has anything to do with wide-scale adoption of a social network.

At @30min, Greg admits that the "Lively Gig" team has stated, "Synereo doesn't know what they are doing".

At @38min, Greg points out that there is an insoluble problem in that the value of AMPs will be siphoned off to ETH or BTC units. And he admits Synereo can't scale for 18 months, because current block chain model won't scale and will need to be replaced.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:49:14 AM

Lol, yes these dorks are going to dominate by requiring bloggers to learn Github.  Roll Eyes

Well, they're certainly beating you, but that's not saying much is it?

testz
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:28:22 AM

...like they copied NXT's GUI and innovative PoS algo for Bitshares to line their wallets...

I can agree only that they copied poloniex GUI into BitShares, but Nxt GUI and Nxt POS completely different from BitShares. As I remember year ago you have huge discussion about BitShares DPOS where you says that Nxt has much better POS than BitShares, so in that time you think that BitShares has different POS?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
testz
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:31:21 AM

They even had to choose a name that started with an "S" in a pathetic attempt to cause confusion between the two projects and hopefully con some people.

They also copied double "e":
Synereo and Steem

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:37:18 AM

...like they copied NXT's GUI and innovative PoS algo for Bitshares to line their wallets...

I can agree only that they copied poloniex GUI into BitShares, but Nxt GUI and Nxt POS completely different from BitShares. As I remember year ago you have huge discussion about BitShares DPOS where you says that Nxt has much better POS than BitShares, so in that time you think that BitShares has different POS?

Of course they had to change NXT's PoS into something that was easily controlled by them aka DPoS.

They even had to choose a name that started with an "S" in a pathetic attempt to cause confusion between the two projects and hopefully con some people.

They also copied double "e":
Synereo and Steem

Good catch.

Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:20:39 PM

Btw, Synereo is releasing its beta any day now.  Take a look at these guys -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iALtgkpIDRU  They're going to dominate this space.

Lol, yes these dorks are going to dominate by requiring bloggers to learn Github.  Roll Eyes

Then @ 26mins we have Greg Meredith raving about recruiting an economist and hiring a former Ethereum developer who talks about Oleg's monad blogs. As if this focus on eggheads has anything to do with wide-scale adoption of a social network.

At @30min, Greg admits that the "Lively Gig" team has stated, "Synereo doesn't know what they are doing".

At @38min, Greg points out that there is an insoluble problem in that the value of AMPs will be siphoned off to ETH or BTC units. And he admits Synereo can't scale for 18 months, because current block chain model won't scale and will need to be replaced.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
useless eater (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:09:01 PM

OK, so STEEM will soon have the first mover advantage.  Thank you all for participating in my prediction market.  I will invest according to the wisdom of the crowd, because mass adoption is the greatest prize.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: