Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:18:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Community Action Flowchart  (Read 1432 times)
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 08:46:48 PM

Wanted to share this here on Bitcointalk:

Enjoy and Feel free to Share

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:52:26 PM

I don't know about everyone else but I can't see the pic. proxy error.
and the link have nothing but pdf download (which I'm allergic of).

edit:
ah it works now. never mind I'll just download it.
fair_player

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:52:55 PM

Uow! That's very interesting and didatic! Thanks for sharing!

edit: I can't view it properly! Image is freaking out in my screen!
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 08:55:14 PM

edit:
ah it works now.

Noted...Yea (I couldn't think of an easier portable format for the data) There's a ton of embedded links to reference materials that I would have needed to render a data points map over so the links would work - was just easier to keep it as a pdf and embed it on my site. 

frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 08:56:09 PM

Uow! That's very interesting and didatic! Thanks for sharing!

edit: I can't view it properly! Image is freaking out in my screen!

What kind of device are you using?  (browser?)

edit: its a pdf that's embedded onto the linked page there (to keep the reference material links)  could you describe what's happening so I can potentially troubleshoot it?

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:04:45 PM

Can't really see the pic properly on my laptop either.It keeps zooming-in and out.Though after trying for 10 minutes I could make how effective this chart is.I do want to read the flowchart in full.Do you mind posting the imgur Link as well ? The original source is the PDF file with some active links.I think its better if the chart is viewed from the source only.Very informative.I tried reducing the size of fit in one page but doesn't seem to be working out.The best way to go through it,is through the source page since it provides Zoom buttons or download the pdf locally to your computer.
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 09:07:34 PM

Can't really see the pic properly on my laptop either.It keeps zooming-in and out.Though after trying for 10 minutes I could make how effective this chart is.I do want to read the flowchart in full.Do you mind posting the imgur Link as well ? The original source is the PDF file with some active links.I think its better if the chart is viewed from the source only.

Alright...I'll do as you request here if it helps mitigate problems (change it to a png and share the png on the live site w/ a link to the pdf)

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:09:51 PM

this is a pretty good work. there's lots of suggestion on how and where people can use their skills to contribute on or earn bitcoin, or learn more about it. +1
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 09:14:57 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 09:34:08 PM by frankenmint

this is a pretty good work. there's lots of suggestion on how and where people can use their skills to contribute on or earn bitcoin, or learn more about it. +1

Thank you...be sure to pass it on if you think it can help others.

Okay I loaded it to IMGUR (its waaaay bigger as a png jpeg then as a pdf but I digress):  

Ya-ing

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:22:46 PM

Wow this has a lot of work for sure! needs a closer look

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:23:32 PM

that is what it was needed to help newbie being more familiar with bitcoin, now you need to put it in an easy accessible place not only bitcointalk
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 09:28:12 PM

that is what it was needed to help newbie being more familiar with bitcoin, now you need to put it in an easy accessible place not only bitcointalk

I'm hoping that this will just catch on organically - I saved it as a permanent page so its always there to point people to it on honeybadgerofmoney.com

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:01:00 PM

Well didn't expect this to be any good but it's actually quite informative and also funny Smiley
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 01:12:31 AM

Well didn't expect this to be any good but it's actually quite informative and also funny Smiley

Thanks...I tried to make this an easy-ish readthrough. 

kevin go

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 01:31:40 AM

nice work dude..hard for me to see the picture quite small.can you explain a bit the flow chart to us? Grin
thanks for sharing
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 01:36:42 AM

nice work dude..hard for me to see the picture quite small.can you explain a bit the flow chart to us? Grin
thanks for sharing

Sure... There's a huge cube that says start - you simply go from there and each path is color coded by what 'interests you' in bitcoin at that moment.  It goes from complete newbie to someone who wants to work on bitcoin projects.  I'm guessing you're on mobile?  The pic should be able to zoom in still and there is a source pdf version that has the actual links to the resources such as the guides and video tutorials - basically it will get you oriented with programming languages or TA or it will show you many of the various bitcoin libraries and their supporting documentation or it will give you good resources to find work or perhaps to keep up on different things bitcoin depending on your interest level (whether you only check during big price movements or perhaps if you're a daily BTC news junkie). 

It's definitely a lot to take in and is really meant to be kept/bookmarked/downloaded for so you can refer to that for other new users or perhaps for advice on where to find btc information.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3429

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 02:11:49 AM

Well done for this image (PDF you made). It covers pretty much the important stuff right there and in great details. Just saved it to my bookmark (the uploaded one to imgur) but is there more pages on the PDF or it's still the same page?
Note: To those who can't seem to see well, try to remove the tags from the start and end of the link frankenmint posted and you should be able to zoom in the picture when you click it as direct link into your browsers, here it is: https://i.imgur.com/2c7Rumw.jpg

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 03:46:39 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2016, 12:47:08 AM by frankenmint

Well done for this image (PDF you made). It covers pretty much the important stuff right there and in great details. Just saved it to my bookmark (the uploaded one to imgur) but is there more pages on the PDF or it's still the same page?
Note: To those who can't seem to see well, try to remove the tags from the start and end of the link frankenmint posted and you should be able to zoom in the picture when you click it as direct link into your browsers, here it is: https://i.imgur.com/2c7Rumw.jpg

Nope its the same data, BUT, the pdf links work, here's the link for that: http://honeybadgerofmoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/BTC-ActionTree.pdf

edit:
ah it works now. never mind I'll just download it.

I totally get where you're coming from not wanting to download any sort of file - Maybe I'll look around for a tool to automagically overlay my image with map (I think I've got maybe 20-30 links I don't feel like mapping them manually)

edit:  aaannd that's what I've learned - I could map one by hand or even could use a tool to map one (by hand) but there are no tools to convert an image map from a pdf (and I guess why would there be? I've got an edge-case here, its easier and simple to distribute a pdf with links)

labwork

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:53:34 PM

Thank you...be sure to pass it on if you think it can help others.

Okay I loaded it to IMGUR (its waaaay bigger as a png jpeg then as a pdf but I digress):  

Nice! Now I can see it properly!

I found it to be very well explained for newbies, very didactic! thanks
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 12:59:23 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2016, 08:16:46 AM by frankenmint

I have updated the chart just slightly so its now this:

Pages: [1] 2 »  All