Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:55:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Taking Offers] 2013 Casascius VOID Coin (MS-65)  (Read 750 times)
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 10:51:53 PM

I have never seen one of these for sale and was lucky enough to grab one. Not really sure I would sell it, but I am curious what people are willing to offer for it...

bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:15:23 PM

Whoa...how did you get this?   Was it one of the ones Eodguy149 was selling a little while back?

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 12:32:18 AM

Whoa...how did you get this?   Was it one of the ones Eodguy149 was selling a little while back?

Nope, not from Eodguy419. They are extremely rare and I really doubt I will ever find another.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 01:06:30 AM

Nope, not from Eodguy419. They are extremely rare and I really doubt I will ever find another.

Now I know I will never come close to the amount needed to purchase something like this, but I remember seeing MonkeyNuts having something like this and everyone was going crazy about it.  I thought there was a general consensus that was reached, saying that MonkeyNuts probably had the only one (in decent condition) left, because news reporters probably misplaced it or really didn't care about it too much since they didn't really see/could predict the value of it later on down the road.

Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 01:25:25 AM

Whoa...how did you get this?   Was it one of the ones Eodguy149 was selling a little while back?

Now I know I will never come close to the amount needed to purchase something like this, but I remember seeing MonkeyNuts having something like this and everyone was going crazy about it.  I thought there was a general consensus that was reached, saying that MonkeyNuts probably had the only one (in decent condition) left, because news reporters probably misplaced it or really didn't care about it too much since they didn't really see/could predict the value of it later on down the road.

Come on now...I can't let those guys 1 up me like that. I think there were something like 12 of them made and most were used. My guess is there are maybe 4-5 out there that have not been peeled and we know where 3 of them are.
bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 02:45:39 AM

Whoa...how did you get this?   Was it one of the ones Eodguy149 was selling a little while back?

Now I know I will never come close to the amount needed to purchase something like this, but I remember seeing MonkeyNuts having something like this and everyone was going crazy about it.  I thought there was a general consensus that was reached, saying that MonkeyNuts probably had the only one (in decent condition) left, because news reporters probably misplaced it or really didn't care about it too much since they didn't really see/could predict the value of it later on down the road.

Come on now...I can't let those guys 1 up me like that. I think there were something like 12 of them made and most were used. My guess is there are maybe 4-5 out there that have not been peeled and we know where 3 of them are.

Yup, we know Eodguy149, Monkeynuts, and you each have one.

You mention peeled.  I was under the impression these didnt have any private key, thus no reason to peel.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 02:50:19 AM

You wouldn't peel it to see what was under the pretty sticker?
Eodguy149

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 05:37:44 AM

There are 6 that I know of including Blazed's and Monkeynuts', and I like to think that I have done a significant amount of leg work and know most of the owners in the bitcointalk community as well as the original owners who received them from Mike.

I highly doubt there are many more than this, I think Blazed's statement that there were around 12 total is fairly accurate, and I would agree that most of them have been abused and forgotten. Definitely a very rare coin, nice grade as well! I'm glad to see I still have the highest grade though  Grin

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 05:42:11 AM

There are 6 that I know of including Blazed's and Monkeynuts', and I like to think that I have done a significant amount of leg work and know most of the owners in the bitcointalk community as well as the original owners who received them from Mike.

I highly doubt there are many more than this, I think Blazed's statement that there were around 12 total is fairly accurate, and I would agree that most of them have been abused and forgotten. Definitely a very rare coin, nice grade as well! I'm glad to see I still have the highest grade though  Grin

Since I'm putting together the specs for elianite's encyclopedia (includes highest grade per coin), what was the grade you received?

Eodguy149

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:52:27 AM

Since I'm putting together the specs for elianite's encyclopedia (includes highest grade per coin), what was the grade you received?

PM'd. Don't want to hijack this for sale thread anymore than I already have.

Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 04:57:19 PM

I highly doubt there are many more than this, I think Blazed's statement that there were around 12 total is fairly accurate, and I would agree that most of them have been abused and forgotten. Definitely a very rare coin, nice grade as well! I'm glad to see I still have the highest grade though  Grin

If we are talking Casascius coins then post whatever you like in my threads. I assume you got MS-66 on yours?
Eodguy149

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:38:59 AM

I highly doubt there are many more than this, I think Blazed's statement that there were around 12 total is fairly accurate, and I would agree that most of them have been abused and forgotten. Definitely a very rare coin, nice grade as well! I'm glad to see I still have the highest grade though  Grin

If we are talking Casascius coins then post whatever you like in my threads. I assume you got MS-66 on yours?

That is correct  Smiley

Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 11:18:00 PM

So far no offers on this coin. I must admit I am pretty surprised by this!
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:24:38 PM

I'll give you 150 ether for it.
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:11:06 AM

I would assume he is looking more towards an offer of 4 BTC at the very least. But I could be wrong.

Reference for other public sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1280372.0

Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 12:40:00 AM

What is that in Bitcoin? I really do not follow alt coins much.
Eodguy149

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:47:00 AM

What is that in Bitcoin? I really do not follow alt coins much.

~1BTC, like $7 short.

I would assume he is looking more towards an offer of 4 BTC at the very least. But I could be wrong.

Reference for other public sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1280372.0

I totally forgot to mark that Sold. Thanks for the reminder!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: