May 09, 2024, 11:31:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Ethereum a bubble?
Yes - 189 (39.3%)
No - 292 (60.7%)
Total Voters: 481

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum a bubble?  (Read 27471 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 02:48:12 PM

Again, people shouldn't keep this at arm's length.  Imagine if it really does become the 'world computer' with a billion users, and billions of smart contracts, the blockchain would be too huge.

There won't be any block chain that scales to the significant global usage where most users (and miners) run full nodes. Simply can't be done.

Centralization is required for scaling. The only solution I thought of is to control the centralized full nodes with decentralized power. Keep the mining power in the hands of the users.

Agreed. You need trust to scale. Mining = creating coins + verification. It would be better to talk about verifiers or auditors rather than miners.

Trust & verify (statistically).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 02:57:10 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2016, 03:13:27 PM by stoat

ethereum is looking more and more like the futureproof safeinterlocking bet.

We passi0nately l0ve smokin' the ether br0. Remember last time in the back seat of y0ur Pint0. Cramped but feels s00 tight s00 g00d. Our futurepr00f reuni0n is appr0aching.

Damn the (PTB) facts. Buy the dips!

Great now i have a butthurt psycho e-stalking me.  

Get a life anonymint.

The only reason I signed up for this forum because I saw all of you idiots ignoring Ethereum (to your own detriment) My work is done. I'm leaving but I'll check back occasionally.  And I'll start opening my letters in a fume cupboard.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:07:17 PM

Looks like a bubble, as apart from a doge gateway and news about some banks thinking on testing it in the future nothing really happened. But this is nothing, we'll see lot bigger pumps when ETH will hit the Chinese exchanges.
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:08:26 PM

If I missed the run up, I wouldn't buy ETH unless there's upside momentum.

I missed it and I am not worried. I maintain the opinion it will come down eventually.

This kind of a pump always happen with new coins that are well hyped and have the innovation to back it up. It happened with Nxt, Bitshares, etc... (list a million coins here) ...

Also, other coins that already exist have similar technology (Crypti, Qora, etc... eventually RootStock)  and a fraction of the market cap... I think equilibrium will eventually be reached.

Neither Ethereum/Crypti/Quora have a killer app as of yet. I think at this point all have an equal chance to thrive if it lands one of the first (or one of the first few) killer apps.

Ethereum does have a better chance at a killer app, but a serious project might be able to make a more successful start up by developing on a less popular chain that is under priced (while investing in it at the same time.)

I think Ethereum is a good cryptocurrency to speculate in, but I think you kind of have to be a bit insane to be buying right now at these prices.

Ethereum is a platform. So many applications can be built on it. So the application is limitless and will increase over time.
myxamop

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:51:07 PM

If top price of $2.5 is considered bubble, than yes. But, for me increase from 1 to 2 dollars is far from a bubble. Its just a pump.

You shouldn't look at price, the market cap tells a better story.

How is it a buy right this moment? Everything resembles a large correction may occur.

That's what everyone was saying about bitcoin when it was $10.  Admittedly times are different, but ethereum is strong in many areas.  When you look down the list of "coins" and you know enough to know, where are you going to park your money? Dogecoin? Monero? Even bitcoin looks dodgy these days.  No,  ethereum is looking more and more like the futureproof safe bet.

+1 totaly agree
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 12:59:09 AM

If top price of $2.5 is considered bubble, than yes. But, for me increase from 1 to 2 dollars is far from a bubble. Its just a pump.

You shouldn't look at price, the market cap tells a better story.

How is it a buy right this moment? Everything resembles a large correction may occur.

That's what everyone was saying about bitcoin when it was $10.  Admittedly times are different, but ethereum is strong in many areas.  When you look down the list of "coins" and you know enough to know, where are you going to park your money? Dogecoin? Monero? Even bitcoin looks dodgy these days.  No,  ethereum is looking more and more like the futureproof safe bet.

+1 totaly agree

But trade accordingly.  We really don't know what the future brings.  That kind of blind thinking is what made people turned here into whiny bagholders.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:37:42 AM

If I missed the run up, I wouldn't buy ETH unless there's upside momentum.

I missed it and I am not worried. I maintain the opinion it will come down eventually.

This kind of a pump always happen with new coins that are well hyped and have the innovation to back it up. It happened with Nxt, Bitshares, etc... (list a million coins here) ...

Also, other coins that already exist have similar technology (Crypti, Qora, etc... eventually RootStock)  and a fraction of the market cap... I think equilibrium will eventually be reached.

Neither Ethereum/Crypti/Quora have a killer app as of yet. I think at this point all have an equal chance to thrive if it lands one of the first (or one of the first few) killer apps.

Ethereum does have a better chance at a killer app, but a serious project might be able to make a more successful start up by developing on a less popular chain that is under priced (while investing in it at the same time.)

I think Ethereum is a good cryptocurrency to speculate in, but I think you kind of have to be a bit insane to be buying right now at these prices.

Ethereum is a platform. So many applications can be built on it. So the application is limitless and will increase over time.
I'm building a time travel App
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:58:21 AM

I have already explained that isn't the case. But any way, nevermind just invest in the slogan not in the truth, since the slogan may be more important than the truth since slogans spread virally amongst n00bs, but truth is impeded by lack of knowledge.

clint25n

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:04:56 AM

You will see the ETH market correct for below a dollar. Buy it then.
Alpinat

Merit: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 02:04:29 PM

You will see the ETH market correct for below a dollar. Buy it then.

I agree it is a bubble. But we do not know how big it will be before it burst. I sold a lot at $1.6, thinking it is a bubble.
Rotator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:34:14 PM

Many whales are bought ETH, long time ago and now they pumping it hard..
It is obviously this one will burst any time from now?
Sudden change in price of bitcoin can trigger dump..
Xsinx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:53:34 PM

The price is steadily rising, it will not bubble at this price. i will hold until $10 each and then sell all... though i only have 1.20ETH Smiley
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 04:27:16 PM

Ether is overvalued at the moment. A fair price would be under $1 where all the other good coins are.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 04:47:11 PM

Eth is insane. Definately a bubble. I've dipped in and out a couple of times with small amounts but think I'll just be satisifed watching from the sidelines now. Who knows how high it will go?

I have worries which would prevent me switching bitcoin into eth. Eg there doesn't seem to be a good wallet. (although maybe there is by now its a little while since i checked), blockchain is huge and looks far too big to remain decentralised. I don't even know the economics of the thing. How many will there ever be in total? How many are there now ? I think there was an IPO then it switches to proof of stake or something ? is that right? Anyway I'm not convinced by it yet, maybe i'll kick myself in the future, maybe not.
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 05:27:12 PM

One characteristics of bubbles is that they have actual liquidity. Ethereum does not have liquidity. If someone decides to sell and cash out $20k worth of Ethereum, price will plummet back to $1.
Sark

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:25:32 PM

One characteristics of bubbles is that they have actual liquidity. Ethereum does not have liquidity. If someone decides to sell and cash out $20k worth of Ethereum, price will plummet back to $1.

FYI, Yesterday the trade volume for ETH/BTC was in the neighborhood of $23 Million.

This could very well be a bubble, but there is certainly liquidity in the market. Just watch the Polo order books on that pair for a while (its actually a little insane how much volume there is)
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:31:53 PM

Looks like a bubble, as apart from a doge gateway and news about some banks thinking on testing it in the future nothing really happened. But this is nothing, we'll see lot bigger pumps when ETH will hit the Chinese exchanges.

I have never thought a second about the Chinese. Now, I think that I'll make sweet dreams for a long time Grin !
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 08:09:48 PM

I have never thought a second about the Chinese. Now, I think that I'll make sweet dreams for a long time Grin !

Wonder what coin the chinese crypto kiddies will be spending their red envelope money on this year?

Ethereum.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
willope

Activity: 366
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 08:34:59 PM

Yes.
It almost has 10% of bitcoin's market cap. And when it bursts, all that money returns into btc.

Earlier I was thinking in buying some eth, but at this moment it would be too risky. At the best I can gain a little but at the worst I can loose a lot.
So, maybe later I'll buy some.

Go get a job instead of wasting ur time with scams
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 08:50:49 PM

Yawn ... another pump&dumper ..... where the noobs trade their bitcoin for soon-to-be worthless shitcoins. Its an endless cycle. Fun if you are on the winning side though.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: