Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:27:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bank of Italy turns off Vatican credit cards and cash machines  (Read 2507 times)
fancy_pants (OP)

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 02:56:15 AM

Here's an article explaining that the Vatican is having problems complying with the legacy banking system.  No mention of bitcoin:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/03/business/italy-vatican/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 03:37:19 AM

maybe they'll switch to using BTC ...

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
fancy_pants (OP)

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 03:51:05 AM

Yeah maybe.  I hope the bitinstant guys write an open letter to the pope about this one. That Mitt Romney thing still brings a tear of joy to my eye.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 05:18:50 AM

So during the collection one scans a QR code with one's phone.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 06:32:21 AM

Well, that would be a strange ally.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 10:03:09 AM

I'm not so sure.  I guess it would be kind-of apt should a currency that has attracted so many scams and scammers in its short life be adopted by the biggest scammer in the human history!
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 10:54:13 AM

I'm not so sure.  I guess it would be kind-of apt should a currency that has attracted so many scams and scammers in its short life be adopted by the biggest scammer in the human history!

Forgiveness for a bitcoin!
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 04:00:36 PM

We should make the Pope a bitcointalk account with the scammer tag

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 05:12:26 PM

We should make the Pope a bitcointalk account with the scammer tag

No. Bitcoin needs to be sold to the Catholic Church as a means to save a fortune in currency conversion and banking fees.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 05:36:04 PM

Yeah maybe.  I hope the bitinstant guys write an open letter to the pope about this one. That Mitt Romney thing still brings a tear of joy to my eye.

Thats a great idea!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
The Pope

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 05:53:11 PM

Someone called?
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 06:03:15 PM

Someone called?

Cheesy  awesome
like Lurch's "YOU RANG?"  haha.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 06:07:31 PM

Someone called?

Holy crap, it's the freaking pope!

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 06:16:27 PM

This thread is delivering

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
The Pope

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 06:24:13 PM

Brothers, don't forget to donate to The Pope Bitcoin Fund: 136J1tsWHZou288J6iiAmxEgVgzYAqWcDG
Know your coins will be blessed with the grace of God. No Tom Williams here.

Yankee, I'm eagerly awaiting Erik's open letter to me.
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 06:35:34 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2013, 06:49:56 PM by wtfvanity

Brothers, don't forget to donate to The Pope Bitcoin Fund: 136J1tsWHZou288J6iiAmxEgVgzYAqWcDG

That's not the pope's bitcoin address. His address has 1PopeB in it, case sensitive!

I found it, here: 1PopeBq2nUPzkSdRwDR1TF1KLn2eKroVv4

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Luno

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 06:48:40 PM

Hi Joseph or Bennedict 16'th. Ask yourself what your RL father would say to not complying with the law. He was a cop you know.

Maybe instead of demanding a 100.000.000 EUR minimum deposit to have an account in the Banco de Vaticano, You could make it a bitcoin only bank. Plenty of Chatholics around to give it a flying start. Berlusconi and other of you big unnamed customers would like it much better too.

You could make "The Holy Mary Bitcoin tumbler" for those of your customers that need that kind of service.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 06:58:32 PM

Didn't they turned off those options due to money laundering problems?  And you guys want to propose Bitcoin to them??   Cheesy
The Pope

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 07:05:33 PM

I already have God's programmers working on JesusDice.com
Now people can donate while having fun and who knows, maybe get rich, with God's help.

Luke-jr, your Lord commands you not to attack JesusDice.com on the Bitcoin wiki.

That's not the pope's bitcoin address. His address has 1PopeB in it, case sensitive!

The Pope has no vanity address, because vanity is a sin.

The correct address is the one on my signature: 136J1tsWHZou288J6iiAmxEgVgzYAqWcDG
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 07:16:33 PM

I already have God's programmers working on JesusDice.com
Now people can donate while having fun and who knows, maybe get rich, with God's help.

Luke-jr, your Lord commands you not to attack JesusDice.com on the Bitcoin wiki.

The Pope has no vanity address, because vanity is a sin.

The correct address is the one on my signature: 136J1tsWHZou288J6iiAmxEgVgzYAqWcDG

Oh my goodness... this was posted under a different username with the top half ending at luke-jr and I didn't get it, ignored it. Checked again and the pope posted it... I wish I would have taken notice who it was... lol. too funny. Bad management of multiple user accounts.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: