Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:00:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 [1517] 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073036 times)
realm

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:00:19 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2016, 11:13:37 AM by realm

While there is competition to become a delegate for the main chain, there will be plenty of demand to run delegates for the sidechains.
Thank you for your answer; however it is earning Lisk I am interested in, and since it's almost impossible to become a delegate of the main Lisk blockchain, can you point me to a sidechain which will allow me to earn Lisk for securing it?

Wrong.  We currently do not have anywhere near 101 people running testnet nodes.  

https://testnet-explorer.lisk.io/delegateMonitor

Just click on "Status" to do a sort and look at the block of red dots.  You can start a testnet node tonight and turn one of those red dots into a green dot with your name beside it.  You wanna become a Lisk Mainnet Active Delegate when forging rewards eventually get turned on?  Do your testnet homework now.  Go to lisk.chat, start hanging out at #testnet, and direct message joel that you want to run a testnet node.  The people running testnet nodes now are the only Liskers who are going to have sufficient experience to run mainnet nodes soon.
I was wondering , except the experience and every manual that lisk devs have provided us, should the delegates also have some serious programming skills?

Not at all. I don't code but I managed to become a delegate and run a full node on the testnet in less then 5hrs with the help of others Lisk minded members on Lisk.chat and with the numerous manuals available. Join us! For me personally it's a learning process that I enjoy particularly and the community is fantastic.
Ok you convinced me, as a true lisker I will give it a try by the next month. When will forging be enabled?

Forging is already enabled - on testnet.

For mainnet it is envisioned that Forging starts with version 0.4.0.

yes that's what I meant. Is there a time prediction for when version 0.4.0. will be released?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 11:20:37 AM

While there is competition to become a delegate for the main chain, there will be plenty of demand to run delegates for the sidechains.
Thank you for your answer; however it is earning Lisk I am interested in, and since it's almost impossible to become a delegate of the main Lisk blockchain, can you point me to a sidechain which will allow me to earn Lisk for securing it?

Wrong.  We currently do not have anywhere near 101 people running testnet nodes.  

Just click on "Status" to do a sort and look at the block of red dots.  You can start a testnet node tonight and turn one of those red dots into a green dot with your name beside it.  You wanna become a Lisk Mainnet Active Delegate when forging rewards eventually get turned on?  Do your testnet homework now.  Go to lisk.chat, start hanging out at #testnet, and direct message joel that you want to run a testnet node.  The people running testnet nodes now are the only Liskers who are going to have sufficient experience to run mainnet nodes soon.
I was wondering , except the experience and every manual that lisk devs have provided us, should the delegates also have some serious programming skills?

Not at all. I don't code but I managed to become a delegate and run a full node on the testnet in less then 5hrs with the help of others Lisk minded members on Lisk.chat and with the numerous manuals available. Join us! For me personally it's a learning process that I enjoy particularly and the community is fantastic.
Ok you convinced me, as a true lisker I will give it a try by the next month. When will forging be enabled?

According to the last technical meeting we are moving away from the fact that it becomes available with 0.4.0, because we are now using a semantic versioning scheme. (http://semver.org)

Soon there will be a milestone which will work as an activator for community delegates. That means at the end of the day nothing changes, but the numbers might be a bit higher, because we "have to" follow the semantic versioning rules.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
thandie
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1360

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:25:41 AM

According to the last technical meeting we are moving away from the fact that it becomes available with 0.4.0, because we are now using a semantic versioning scheme. (http://semver.org)

Soon there will be a milestone which will work as an activator for community delegates. That means at the end of the day nothing changes, but the numbers might be a bit higher, because we "have to" follow the semantic versioning rules.

Ah OK. I have overlooked this point in the summary.

So sorry for my wrong information.  Wink

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:36:18 AM

Thanks, I think more delegates (= more decentralisation / more security) is a good thing. I also think it is good you are re-evaluating the innitial approach, which ofcourse takes time. I am running a testnode + mainnode from the beginning. It is a great way to get a grasp on how thing work.

If people are thinking about supporting the network and perhaps be a delegate now is your chance, since numbers will likely be increased.  Smiley
oOxenonOo

Activity: 362

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:49:17 AM

I think we will still have to wait some time for the price to rise. There is currently nothing special happening on the Lisk. 0.3.2 release will make it more stable but this is not gonna pump the price. Neither will the new office when it's rented.

I think the price will come with media and the media attention will come when things start to get developed on the Lisk blockchain.

I think there is your last chance to get in lisk on this prices, buy book almost doubled there need to be a reason for it.

Lisk is on low trading volume, if there is no whale who buys and sells every few hours, there would be no trades at all. You need to get market alive before nice pump, i think that is whats happening now

I love when im right!  Roll Eyes     Polo volume never lower 220BTC/24H  Grin

Also when i start to think i was wrong and make first move, my original thought come truth. My universe playing same old song to me, prepare for da storm!   Wink

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK! Lisk Site
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:57:44 AM

I won't get paid for running testnet, right? from what I see I'll be stuck there forever:

I am looking at the delegate monitor - there is just no way I can get in: already 632 delegates on standby! Almost all current delegates are the same guy (or seems like it): some guy called genesis - seems this one guy whale takes up everything.

my first impression of DPOS is not positive. No room for the little gal I am.

It is actually possible (although difficult) for a delegate to gather 14M votes right now, and take a spot of one of the genesis delegates.

This would be easier if people withdraw their Lisk from poloniex and vote.

Withdrawing your Lisk to a local wallet and voting, is not only good for decentralization of the network, but also much safer for your funds.

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
metropolit

Activity: 308

Lisk will be #1 alt in 2019.

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 12:08:38 PM

The amount of Lisk 1 delegate can forge in 1 month depends only on the server that he has, meaning specs and uptime?
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 12:09:45 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2016, 05:08:35 PM by ttookk

I won't get paid for running testnet, right? from what I see I'll be stuck there forever:

I am looking at the delegate monitor - there is just no way I can get in: already 632 delegates on standby! Almost all current delegates are the same guy (or seems like it): some guy called genesis - seems this one guy whale takes up everything.

my first impression of DPOS is not positive. No room for the little gal I am.

It is actually possible (although difficult) for a delegate to gather 14M votes right now, and take a spot of one of the genesis delegates.

This would be easier if people withdraw their Lisk from poloniex and vote.

Withdrawing your Lisk to a local wallet and voting, is not only good for decentralization of the network, but also much safer for your funds.

Yeah, especially since nearly 38% of all Lisk is on Poloniex atm. That's fucking dangerous to the health of the coin as a whole…

Btw, can someone clear somethign up for me? I've read a bit about delegates and you mostly read about renting a VPS and using that. But doesn't that mean that you rent the hardware of some serverfarm? Isn't that pretty… well, centralized? Or am I missing something? Are there people out there who run delegates on their own hardware?
On a different note, I have a RaspPi 2 laying around. Any chance that this thing can be used as a delegate (maybe for sidechains?)?

The amount of Lisk 1 delegate can forge in 1 month depends only on the server that he has, meaning specs and uptime?

More or less. As a delegate, you get 5 LSK(at least that's the last number I remember) every 17 minutes, plus transaction/other fees. So it's pretty much fixed. Specs don't really play a role(as long as the server is capable of fulfilling the task), uptime obviously does.

Edit: Amount of Lisk corrected
metropolit

Activity: 308

Lisk will be #1 alt in 2019.

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:05:32 PM

More or less. As a delegate, you get 15 LSK(at least that's the last number I remember) every 17 minutes, plus transaction/other fees. So it's pretty much fixed. Specs don't really play a role(as long as the server is capable of fulfilling the task), uptime obviously does.

Thnx for the info! So basicly this would mean that daily around 128k of Lisk will be forged? It would be 46 million Lisk a year so i guess i made some math mistake?

What is the benefit of having more servers? Is it just to be sure that you have 100% uptime as a delegate or it can bring you more Lisk?
realm

Activity: 351

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:35:55 PM

The blog post (https://blog.lisk.io/explaining-lisk-forging-rewards-53d295066be2#.mi6je14uj) claims:

"On the 60,480th block the first forging reward will trickle onto the network, starting with 5 LISK in every block. After one forging round (i.e. after 101 blocks) all transaction fees are equally distributed between participating delegates, and for every block individually forged, a reward is then issued."

"Within each forging round, delegates forge blocks one after another in a random order.In this situation, it takes 20 seconds for a new block to appear on the network."

This means that each round lasts 20(sec)*101(blk)=2020 sec=0.56 hours. In this round if you are active you forge at least 1 block and you get the reward of 5 lsk + your share of the transaction fees.

After a certain number of blocks , as the blog says, the reward will start to drop. That's all I understood, hope it's accurate.

LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 01:58:42 PM

Announcing Lisk Nano

We believe our users should be able to access their Lisk accounts anywhere, anytime, and from any device in the world. This kind of untethered accessibility is an important factor for the Lisk team but until now there were some obstacles in that regard. Installing the Lisk client on Windows and macOS computers is still quite the complicated task and we still need conduct feasibility research in order to provide native one-click clients.

Today we are introducing Lisk Nano, a light-weight, simple, and fully responsive client which allows users to access the very basic Lisk features.

Read the announcement

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:10:46 PM

More or less. As a delegate, you get 15 LSK(at least that's the last number I remember) every 17 minutes, plus transaction/other fees. So it's pretty much fixed. Specs don't really play a role(as long as the server is capable of fulfilling the task), uptime obviously does.

Thnx for the info! So basicly this would mean that daily around 128k of Lisk will be forged? It would be 46 million Lisk a year so i guess i made some math mistake?

What is the benefit of having more servers? Is it just to be sure that you have 100% uptime as a delegate or it can bring you more Lisk?

5 LSK each block forged, 4-5 blocks per hour ...it means ~480 LSK every day.
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 02:50:51 PM

5 LSK per block. Every 17 minutes you forge a block (3/h). About 400 LSK a day or 12,000 LSK a month.

Calabi–Yau Manifold

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:58:01 PM

Announcing Lisk Nano

We believe our users should be able to access their Lisk accounts anywhere, anytime, and from any device in the world. This kind of untethered accessibility is an important factor for the Lisk team but until now there were some obstacles in that regard. Installing the Lisk client on Windows and macOS computers is still quite the complicated task and we still need conduct feasibility research in order to provide native one-click clients.

Today we are introducing Lisk Nano, a light-weight, simple, and fully responsive client which allows users to access the very basic Lisk features.

Read the announcement

WOW
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:09:38 PM

5 LSK per block. Every 17 minutes you forge a block (3/h). About 400 LSK a day or 12,000 LSK a month.

Sometimes I forge 4-5 blocks (testnet) but I don't know if in the main-net the things will be different.
BTCdoaA

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:11:04 PM

Announcing Lisk Nano

Read the announcement

Congratulation for the baby lisk NANO . i wish this will increase the demand of lisk markets in the coming days .

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:25:59 PM

I stand and applaud all the fantastic work being done here, Max, is a rare beast in a very small minority of Devs who actually work hard for the investors.  Something else is cooking here, something big, i can sense it... i'm in!

Keep up the great work,

Max for the WIN !

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
rezilient

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:28:37 PM

Announcing Lisk Nano

Read the announcement

Congratulation for the baby lisk NANO . i wish this will increase the demand of lisk markets in the coming days .

I hope not, I've not got as much LISK as I want before the pop which will be upon us before we know it. But lets wait awhile yet, maybe after XMAS will be good.  Cheesy

You don't pay enough.
cointrader83

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:32:54 PM

Announcing Lisk Nano

Read the announcement

Very nice! Good to see that Ricardo is working too  Cheesy
oOxenonOo

Activity: 362

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:34:25 PM

Announcing Lisk Nano

Read the announcement

I hope not, I've not got as much LISK as I want before the pop which will be upon us before we know it. But lets wait awhile yet, maybe after XMAS will be good.  Cheesy

yeah sure we will dump for you  Wink

from now Lisk is going to be more and more expensive if you have vision about your stack better pay some more for it now then regret later..

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK! Lisk Site
Pages: « 1 ... 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 [1517] 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: