Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:09:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 [856] 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073029 times)
CryptoMaik

Activity: 594
Merit: 500

Blockchain entrepreneur✔

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:45:54 AM

The LISK delegate system is a little bit unfair..

What do you think?

Lisk delegate owners can continue to vote on own delegate servers (with different wallets Wink), and because they get forging reward they can use some of it for votes. As a result, they are at a given time no more to beat.

So the rich become richer...a
nd about a few years they control the 101 delegates. am honest, what are 101 server now worldwide, that means nothing, which is not even one per country!

Like always... this is how a DPoS algo/system works, if someone will buy a lot of lisk they can setup his own 101 delegates and start to forging.

You can't block him Wink.

And 101 delegate servers is not decentralized, we own a hosting company and with almost 0 costs we can start 300 independent delegates in 6 hours...

We do not have sufficient Lisk to vote and start our own delegate server, but otherwise we were able to control the 101 network from the early beginning.

and if we technically can do this  ... others with enough LISK ico, will surely run this scenario.

You certainly don't understand the system. You can't "continue to vote on own delegate servers". 1 LSK is 1 vote, you can also only give a vote once to the same delegate. The normal PoS is a "rich get a little bit richer" system, DPoS is a "popular people who provide a great node and have great initiatives get the chance to use their funds" system.

Read this: https://lisk.io/documentation?i=lisk-handbooks/DelegateHandbook

Thanks. Smiley

I understand that i cannot vote 10 times from one wallet.

Okay, and what for example i own 100 wallets, each balance of 1 LSK (different IP address is no problem)? Than i can vote 100x on the same delegate?

CryptoMaik ✔
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ParabolicMaster

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:46:52 AM

For another view on the price.

The following is a list of fees for different types of transactions:

0.1 LISK of amount sent for a spend transaction
5 LISK for registering a second passphrase
100 LISK for registering a username
100 LISK for registering as a delegate
1 LISK to add a contact
500 LISK to register a dapp
5 LISK per member for registering a multi-signature group.

That means, if lisk hit 5usd/1 lisk Then it would cost 2500 to register a dapp on the blockchain.
That means, if lisk hit 10usd/1 lisk Then it would cost 5000usd to register a dapp on the blockchain.
That means, if lisk hit 25usd/1 lisk Then it would cost 12500usd to register a dapp on the blockchain.

How many developers of dapps are willing to pay those prices?

If lisk should fly, and get big over time, either these prices should be adjusted, or the price of lisk should be low.
I hope the developers will lower these prices though. Because it would give better value for the developers to get into lisk. And will get the price to go up for the investors.

Im an investor my self, and want all the best for lisk. But we need to have a realistic view on these things

LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 11:49:57 AM

What do you think?

Lisk delegate owners can continue to vote on own delegate servers (with different wallets Wink), and because they get forging reward they can use some of it for votes. As a result, they are at a given time no more to beat.

nd about a few years they control the 101 delegates. am honest, what are 101 server now worldwide, that means nothing, which is not even one per country!

Like always... this is how a DPoS algo/system works, if someone will buy a lot of lisk they can setup his own 101 delegates and start to forging.

And 101 delegate servers is not decentralized, we own a hosting company and with almost 0 costs we can start 300 independent delegates in 6 hours...

We do not have sufficient Lisk to vote and start our own delegate server, but otherwise we were able to control the 101 network from the early beginning.

and if we technically can do this  ... others with enough LISK ico, will surely run this scenario.

You certainly don't understand the system. You can't "continue to vote on own delegate servers". 1 LSK is 1 vote, you can also only give a vote once to the same delegate. The normal PoS is a "rich get a little bit richer" system, DPoS is a "popular people who provide a great node and have great initiatives get the chance to use their funds" system.

Thanks. Smiley

Okay, and what for example i own 100 wallets, each balance of 1 LSK (different IP address is no problem)? Than i can vote 100x on the same delegate?

100 wallets with 1 LSK each: You have 100 votes

1 wallet with 100 LSK each: You have 100 votes

Exactly the same. But in the case of 100 different wallets you will have to pay the vote fee 100x. Wink

1 LISK to add a contact

That means, if lisk hit 5usd/1 lisk Then it would cost 2500 to register a dapp on the blockchain.
That means, if lisk hit 10usd/1 lisk Then it would cost 5000usd to register a dapp on the blockchain.
That means, if lisk hit 25usd/1 lisk Then it would cost 12500usd to register a dapp on the blockchain.

If lisk should fly, and get big over time, either these prices should be adjusted, or the price of lisk should be low.
I hope the developers will lower these prices though. Because it would give better value for the developers to get into lisk. And will get the price to go up for the investors.

Im an investor my self, and want all the best for lisk. But we need to have a realistic view on these things

Fees can and will be changed down the road. They will also be lowered at launch.

is it true max kordek is planning a new project with the DOA ?

I just stated that there is a big possibility we will work on a DAO (or something similar/better) down the road. Right now it's all Lisk core. Wink

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:50:43 AM

1 LISK to add a contact

that is true. there will be a maximum price in the future because of this. eth has the same problem. if the price per eth is over 10$ then it is too expensive to use it.

@devs: what do you think about that?

Fees can and will be changed down the road. They will also be lowered at launch.

the answer was posted while i was writing.
ParabolicMaster

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:58:02 AM

1 LISK to add a contact

Thanks for the answer, thatsNICE! That would give the lisk projcet much more value!

You have an idea of the prices on launch?

Nefritox

Activity: 358
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:00:31 PM

What do you think?

Thanks. Smiley

an other question.

i voted for delegate A. a few weeks later i think delegate A is rubbish. what can i do?
can i make a vote disappear? and give it to delegate B afterwards?

of course ! You always can take one vote from delegate A and give it to B. Only problem is that you need to pay transaction fee i guess.

▀ ▀ ▀▀▀
                 ▄█▄
         ▄▄      ███
         ▀██▄    ███
      ▄▄▄▄▄███▄  ███
   ▄███████████▀ ███
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀   ███
▄███     ██▀     ███
███              ███
███              ███
███▄            ▄███
 ███▄          ▄███
  ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
    ▀▀████████▀

██                            ██               ▄▄
          ██                            ██               ▀▀
          ██                            ██     ▄▄
  ▄██████▄██    ▄██████▄      ▄██████▄  ██   ▄██▀        ██    ▄██████▄
▄██▀    ▀███  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▄██▀    ▀▀  ██ ▄██▀          ██  ▄██▀    ▀██▄
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          █████▄           ██  ██        ██
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          ██▀▀██▄          ██  ██        ██
▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄▄  ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄▄  ██  ▀██▄    ▄██▀
  ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀  ██     ▀██  ███  ██    ▀██████▀

▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        TWITTER        TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬

maxiat

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:03:29 PM

Lisk will fluctuate in the range of 0,003 to 0,020 btc.

Exactly !!!  Shocked
Batmanvsduecare

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:07:44 PM

Until now you people are only being manipulated by the Yobit prices. Yobit doesn't have a single Lisk and on the launch day they will try to by the lisks they sold at a cheaper price, so they will drive the prices down not up for their own benefit.
Yobit had no business trading Lisk when it was not launched, what if there is a problem and the delay is for another 2-3 months ? WHat if the developpers have a big fight and put everything on hold ? what if there is a hack attack ? Yobit took a big risk and they are hurting Lisk more than you think.

fuze0000

Activity: 518

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:13:22 PM

What do you think?

and if we technically can do this  ... others with enough LISK ico, will surely run this scenario.

Thanks. Smiley

100 wallets with 1 LSK each: You have 100 votes

1 wallet with 100 LSK each: You have 100 votes

Exactly the same. But in the case of 100 different wallets you will have to pay the vote fee 100x. Wink

1 LISK to add a contact

is it true max kordek is planning a new project with the DOA ?

I just stated that there is a big possibility we will work on a DAO (or something similar/better) down the road. Right now it's all Lisk core. Wink

I would be willing to sponsor anyone that would need the 500 LSK to register a Blockchain application aka (baap)/decentralized application aka (dapp) in return to own a percentage of the bapp/dapp they have created.

I will be an investor waiting to register bapps / dapps for a consistent percentage from the developer.

This is just how business works.
The lisk team did the ico to raise fund in return we will receive LSK.
I will be a Lisk bapp/dapps investor to any that can't afford to register them in the future!  Send me a PM if you need funding to register you bapp/dapp.
ParabolicMaster

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:14:48 PM

Until now you people are only being manipulated by the Yobit prices. Yobit doesn't have a single Lisk and on the launch day they will try to by the lisks they sold at a cheaper price, so they will drive the prices down not up for their own benefit.
Yobit had no business trading Lisk when it was not launched, what if there is a problem and the delay is for another 2-3 months ? WHat if the developpers have a big fight and put everything on hold ? what if there is a hack attack ? Yobit took a big risk and they are hurting Lisk more than you think.

I do think they bought lisk at presale, and have them. They will transfer as soon as lisk are launched.

So i dont see this a problem. But i agree on the price on yobit is way overprices. But we will see in two days Smiley

ParabolicMaster

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:35:47 PM

When LISK "launches", how do you get yor LISK? Can you send it directly from LISK homepage to whatever adress you want? Do you first have to dl a wallet and access your LISK there?

There is a description on their webpage. lisk.io

You will need to download a wallet, and transfer the lisk from there to the exchange. If that is what you want to do.

LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 12:36:10 PM

When LISK "launches", how do you get yor LISK? Can you send it directly from LISK homepage to whatever adress you want? Do you first have to dl a wallet and access your LISK there?

There is a description on their webpage. lisk.io

You will need to download a wallet, and transfer the lisk from there to the exchange. If that is what you want to do.

We will also release a guide tomorrow.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
fuze0000

Activity: 518

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:38:42 PM

I would be willing to sponsor anyone that would need the 500 LSK to register a Blockchain application aka (baap)/decentralized application aka (dapp) in return to own a percentage of the bapp/dapp they have created.

I will be an investor waiting to register bapps / dapps for a consistent percentage from the developer.

I will be a Lisk bapp/dapps investor to any that can't afford to register them in the future!  Send me a PM if you need funding to register you bapp/dapp.

Go LSK Go!

The future will be exciting from here on out!
ParabolicMaster

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:49:44 PM

Yeah i think many would be helpfull that way.
But if they dont know where to find the investors or they think its an idea they will just try off, many would back off if the price gets to high.
In java, we have MANY developers. And we need as many as possible to do Bapps, thats why the price shouldnt be too high.

We might see the next facebook on a bapp, if we dont shut them out by charging to high fees

mr angry

Activity: 298
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:58:29 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 01:09:07 PM by mr angry

What other exchanges besides yobit and c-cex have said they will have Lisk markets on launch day?

If there are no others yobit could manipulate the price, but if better exchanges also have Lisk markets there's not much yobit could do to manipulate the price.
$dakini

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:13:01 PM

What other exchanges besides yobit and c-cex have said they will have Lisk markets on launch day?

If there are no others yobit could manipulate the price, but if better exchanges also have Lisk markets there's not much yobit could do to manipulate the price.
I am sure bittrex and polo wouldnt want to lose out on the opportunity to make some nice amount.  Cheesy
LiskYork

Activity: 132

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:23:17 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/lisk-to-move-developers-from-blockchain-to-sidechain
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:26:47 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 02:54:28 PM by ImI

Hi folks,

i am selling some of my LISK for $1.11

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1481209.0

Contact me if interested!

Cheers!

ImI
pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:29:51 PM

go lisk gooo !!!  Smiley
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:33:46 PM

Very Nice Article about Lisk and Sidechains!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 [856] 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: