Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:31:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 [878] 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073025 times)
anders lokka

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:23:23 PM

I talked with many experienced guys about DAO, but they told me that DAO is maybe to complex, only a few people understand it and it is difficult to work with DAO in the mainstream.

That is the reason why i am choose LISK for the long run!!!
Lisk can also have his own DAO, if DAO is not too sophisticated!

In my opinion LISK is a win win situation!
If DAO will be involved in futer, then LISK will add DAO!
IF not, then LISK will not waste money in DAO

I talked with many professional programmer,they gave me the advice, that i shoould buy more Lisk!
that is the truth and i will do this Smiley

DAO is the biggets crowdfunding ICO ever done in world history. Ever.
So, maybe you're professional programmer friends are not so professional.....
130 millions usd talk.

Maybe lisk could be considered as dogecoin, and DAO as btc
Maybe lisk is more easy to program, but with many limitation.
DAO is for business and big projects.

I have performed the most faster yobit ico sold out in 29 Minutes.
NEW PROJECT SOON!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vidale

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:28:25 PM

I talked with many experienced guys about DAO, but they told me that DAO is maybe to complex, only a few people understand it and it is difficult to work with DAO in the mainstream.

I talked with many professional programmer,they gave me the advice, that i shoould buy more Lisk!

To any newcomers, this right here basically sums up the entire LISK topic.

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:29:34 PM

Hope bittrex so i could sell all and buy DAO ico(130 millions).
I think 90% of lisk holder will dump to buy DAO.

Maybe i will buy later lisk, but priority is DAO now.

It won't make too much sense to dump Lisk to buy DAO. DAO is very expensive now and will become more expensive every day. The marketcap is very high ($162 Mio) and even if it's a very interesting and innovative idea, it's safe to say: There will be problems. Why? There is a conflict of interest in the concept.

Imagine you have a lot of DAO and most DAO-holders also have a lot of ETH. There is a proposal you believe would be a good decision, but you know: If you a majority would vote for it, DAO will invest and that means: sell. DAO will sell ETH or will give ETH to a project to invest in it. That means it will lose Marketcap until there is a return. ETH will most likely also go down because ppl will anticipate sell pressure if a proposal goes through. How many will vote for a longterm-decision that still involves a lot of risk and take the loss in short-term because DAO needs to sell?

And why should DAO be worth more on the exchange than the money it has? Because they will make a lot of money?

Let's say they start with $180 Mio and DAO invests in a project, like slock.it or whatever. And let's say DAO invests $10 Mio. How much time will it take to make profit? And will there be profit? And even if, will it be that much profit to justify prices above a current marketcap?

The question in DAO is: Who will definitely benefit? Those who will get money from DAO. That's safe. Nothing else is safe.

Plus: Why should I give my money to an "institution" in which a majority will decide - or those with the biggest voting power? I like it more to make my own research, my own analysis and my own decisions. I don't trust a majority and I don't trust groups with a lot of power. And like I said above: The majority will always have to face a conflict of interest between short-term-loss and possible long-term-profit - which will always involve the risk that there won't be any profit but a loss.

Conclusion: In my opinion DAO is very interesting and will be interesting to watch. There will be much to learn out of it. But out of investor-perspective... I don't understand why so many believe it's a good buy.
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 01:30:45 PM

It won't make too much sense to dump Lisk to buy DAO. DAO is very expensive now and will become more expensive every day. The marketcap is very high ($162 Mio) and even if it's a very interesting and innovative idea, it's safe to say: There will be problems. Why? There is a conflict of interest in the concept.

Imagine you have a lot of DAO and most DAO-holders also have a lot of ETH. There is a proposal you believe would be a good decision, but you know: If you a majority would vote for it, DAO will invest and that means: sell. DAO will sell ETH or will give ETH to a project to invest in it. That means it will lose Marketcap until there is a return. ETH will most likely also go down because ppl will anticipate sell pressure if a proposal goes through. How many will vote for a longterm-decision that still involves a lot of risk and take the loss in short-term because DAO needs to sell?

And why should DAO be worth more on the exchange than the money it has? Because they will make a lot of money?

Let's say they start with $180 Mio and DAO invests in a project, like slock.it or whatever. And let's say DAO invests $10 Mio. How much time will it take to make profit? And will there be profit? And even if, will it be that much profit to justify prices above a current marketcap?

The question in DAO is: Who will definitely benefit? Those who will get money from DAO. That's safe. Nothing else is safe.

Plus: Why should I give my money to an "institution" in which a majority will decide - or those with the biggest voting power? I like it more to make my own research, my own analysis and my own decisions. I don't trust a majority and I don't trust groups with a lot of power. And like I said above: The majority will always have to face a conflict of interest between short-term-loss and possible long-term-profit - which will always involve the risk that there won't be any profit but a loss.

Conclusion: In my opinion DAO is very interesting and will be interesting to watch. There will be much to learn out of it. But out of investor-perspective... I don't understand why so many believe it's a good buy.
Thanks for this quality post. Only a few of them in this thread Wink

_@/'
LegendaryMiner

Activity: 407

DAG, Built-in Chat and Conditional Payments

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:32:39 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2016, 01:43:26 PM by LegendaryMiner

130 millions usd talk.

Maybe lisk could be considered as dogecoin, and DAO as btc
Maybe lisk is more easy to program, but with many limitation.
DAO is for business and big projects.

DAO is overbought. How much space there is to multiply a 130 millions marketcap in crypto? (Consider that a lot of investors in  crypto already bought it.) The question is, how many will buy it next?

Romanknickl

Activity: 539
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:33:15 PM

130 millions usd talk.

Seriously...
Do you understand DAO? very sophisticated...
"The crowdfunding ICO", please collect more informations, all the ETH coins finny in DAO, that was the reason for the hard dump on ETH.
LISK will have his onw DAO if it will work.
I love the the Idea behind dao, and It's worth it LISK will add DAO Smiley
but my friends are doubt the DAO project
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:35:54 PM

I really doubt that this price will stay. At the moment this is just a pure bubble. With 100 000 000 coins, well maybe a bit less, do you think that the market will be able to absorb all the sell stress that will be put on it ?

Number of coins doesnt matter. Ethereum proved that. At current price (prob inflated by small market) Lisk is still at $120 million marker cap. Ethereum hit $1.6 BILLION a few weeks ago. I make no assumptions that this price is a bubble that will deflate.

I expect intro at around $2, and hard swings between $1.50-$5 for a few weeks. No reason we won't stabilize around $3-$5 considering ETH at $10+

lets convert this bullshit into reality

bullshit translation

inrto at $2 = $200,MILLION Market cap
swings between $1.50-$5 = $150 MILLION - $500,000,000 MILLION Market Cap

no reason it can't stablize around $3-$5 = $300 MILLION - $500 MILLION

now its written in plain english not bullshit you decide

I have seen you around here, always being nothing but negative towards this project.

I too am a bit skeptical about the possibility of even $2 at launch. However, here is a reason why this might turn into reality.

ETH launched with code which barely worked, at all. A platform on which people were afraid to transfer their tokens because it was so unstable. Having said this, the ETH cap sat around $50million for quite some time, with nothing more than a flimsy frame network, whilst Vitalik spent millions and millions of ICO money to build (still minimal) ETH to where it is today. As we all know, ETH now has a cap of $1.1Billion. Crazy seeing as it still doesn't do anything.

LISK, on the other hand, has been developed for the past 2 years in the form of Crypti. It has a working platform for blockchain applications (hopefully) and has had relevant stress testing performed to make sure that it is ready for launch. This is why people think that the price could rise quite a bit from where they bought in, in the ICO.

Marketing is going to be the key to LISKs success.

Pinkman

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:37:41 PM

Plus: Why should I give my money to an "institution" in which a majority will decide - or those with the biggest voting power? I like it more to make my own research, my own analysis and my own decisions. I don't trust a majority and I don't trust groups with a lot of power.
While I agree with a lot of what you said, it is conceivable that the DAO will have opportunities to invest in projects that you as an individual do not - people may go direct to the DAO to raise money rather than on bitcointalk, for example.

If this becomes a trend then you may have no choice but to have some funds in the DAO in order to access certain opportunities.  
p75formula

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:39:24 PM

He's just concerned.
YoBit
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1010

★YoBit.Net★

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 01:39:33 PM

YoBit is 100% ready for Lisk.

Free lisk coins (0.01 lisk) on our FreeCoins page: https://yobit.net/en/freecoins/

Lisk Trade: https://yobit.net/en/trade/LISK/BTC

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pietpiraat

Activity: 326

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:40:09 PM

Just create a DAO for lisk, let Lisk holders invest in it and use it to get apps running, a good app starts with the need of money.
With the DAO we can invest in those apps which will gain value and lisk price will rise.
Romanknickl

Activity: 539
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:40:39 PM

Thanks for this quality post. Only a few of them in this thread Wink

very high quality text!
i agree with your opinion!
my englisch in not as good as yours, and it is difficult to write what i know in a professional way
cryptonikus

Activity: 595

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:45:05 PM

DAO has nowhere to grow, it will never ROI so high as smaller projects with huge potential. Stick with LISK for longterm, and you may get lifestyle changing returns.  Cool

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
CryptoMrM

Activity: 722

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:45:12 PM

You can put all your caffeinated drinks away. There won't be a midnight launch.
Pietpiraat

Activity: 326

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:49:55 PM

You can put all your caffeinated drinks away. There won't be a midnight launch.

I can sleep well now  Shocked
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:52:10 PM

Free lisk coins (0.01 lisk) on our FreeCoins page: https://yobit.net/en/freecoins/

Wow, a whole BTC5.9 support down to 1sats! Lets hope a big exchange gets involved.

bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:52:35 PM

Plus: Why should I give my money to an "institution" in which a majority will decide - or those with the biggest voting power? I like it more to make my own research, my own analysis and my own decisions. I don't trust a majority and I don't trust groups with a lot of power.
While I agree with a lot of what you said, it is conceivable that the DAO will have opportunities to invest in projects that you as an individual do not - people may go direct to the DAO to raise money rather than on bitcointalk, for example.

If this becomes a trend then you may have no choice but to have some funds in the DAO in order to access certain opportunities.  

i find that difficult to imagine. the greatest opportunity for maximum funding will still be the public crypto market and not the 'private' DAO market. not knowing the identities of the major DAO whales is going to be a major issue when projects are proposed. there's going to be just so much opportunity for manipulation and, yes, fraud.
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:53:42 PM

DAO has nowhere to grow, it will never ROI so high as smaller projects with huge potential. Stick with LISK for longterm, and you may get lifestyle changing returns.  Cool

"lifestyle changing returns"  Grin
atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:54:29 PM

Wow, a whole BTC5.9 support down to 1sats! Lets hope a big exchange gets involved.

What is the max of btc that we can withdrawal on yobit ?

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:55:32 PM

Yes, right. DAO will be able to invest in projects I couldn't do alone. But I wouldn't buy DAO now because of this possibility. I would only buy it if I believe that there is a proposal that could work out in Longterm.

But the problem is more: DAO has a huge marketcap. The marketcap is also the money DAO will "work" with, try to make more. And if we just think about quantities for now:

If they should start with about $180 Mio...

1. If DAO invests a lot of money, let's say $50 Mio in the first 6 months....

...it's not safe that there will be profit, but it's safe that it will give away this money and lose marketcap. It's also safe that there will be sell-pressure on ETH. It's also safe that people will anticipate that sell-pressure. That means: It would also lose marketcap because of a decreasing ETH-price. And how long will it take to make profit out of $50 Mio? Why should the price of the DAO-token rise in such a scenario?

(btw.: DAO is a great risk for ETH itself on the market!)

2. If DAO invests only little amounts, let's say about $5 Mio in the first 6 months.....

...it's also not safe that there will be profit, but even if, it wouldn't add much to the marketcap and I don't know why that should lead to higher prices of the token.

What we know is: Crypto-Investors are not patient. The majority doesn't make much research and analysis but makes impulsive bets and aims for short-term-profits. A couple of months is already "long-term" in Crypto. And DAO will give away money for a long time and there will be a lot of uncertainty if there will be any return or even profit.

And what I believe is most likely: A lot of proposals will be blocked, won't even reach the minimum of participation. But, if I should see that DAO will invest in a project I really believe in, it will be enough time to invest in it... but not before there is a decision and not right after. It will be about longterm and in the meantime I don't see much reason to believe that the price will stay up or even rise.
Pages: « 1 ... 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 [878] 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: