Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:32:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Terminator A2MEGA Scrypt Miner (110 Mh/s) [SOLD] [BEWARE]  (Read 2923 times)
emosewa

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 03:36:14 PM

I've been made aware that there are some scam attempts going around via PM for this miner.

I haven't asked anyone to escrow anything for me, and I haven't made any arrangements with anyone to act as an intermediary.

I am purchasing the miner from vilain directly.  Once it gets here I will test it, and then it's for sale from me directly, just as if you were buying anything else from me.  You will deal with me directly and me only if you want to purchase it.  Anyone PMing you claiming to be me or vilian or anyone else and asking for BTC to be sent anywhere is trying to scam you.

If someone PMs you that looks like me, check the trust, username, and member status first!!!

Someone created this account https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=759430 to try to scam using my username. I warn everyone involved this is a scammer. A fake account impersonating me.

I'm not trying to sell the machine for anyone other than quake.

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS.

Whatever you do, for as profitable as it might look, be sure to post it here, publicly, before sending coins to any person.

OP updated to reflect that.

Me and quake are in the final settlements for the transaction, and everything should be concluded by Monday.

If you want this machine, contact him directly. Make sure it's really him. Make sure you are sure.

Emosewa, thank you for sending the alert.

No problem. For forum info I've asked quake to notify me upon receipt  and verification of the machine. He has agreed and I plan to purchase the machine from him once received. I need to go to Texas anyway. Lol
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vilain (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 02:24:31 AM

No problem. For forum info I've asked quake to notify me upon receipt  and verification of the machine. He has agreed and I plan to purchase the machine from him once received. I need to go to Texas anyway. Lol

Update:

Miner was sent to quake today. He'll probably make a post here as well once he gets it.

cheers.
vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:49:09 PM

Another update: according to Fedex tracking info the package has arrived today at quake's home. Let's wait on him to confirm that everything works fine.

Smiley
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:40:24 PM

Another update: according to Fedex tracking info the package has arrived today at quake's home. Let's wait on him to confirm that everything works fine.

Smiley

Confirmed.  Unit is here and powered up, running against litecoinpool.org now.  Only been running for 10 mins or so, but so far so good.  Going to let it run for a while and make sure everything's stable.
vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:16:35 PM

Smiley

Confirmed.  Unit is here and powered up, running against litecoinpool.org now.  Only been running for 10 mins or so, but so far so good.  Going to let it run for a while and make sure everything's stable.

That's so great!  Grin

Thanks a lot for the detailed report and confirmation!

I'll let everyone know of final settlements.

I guess you're not gonna use this thread to re-sell it, right? It's kindda messy here  Tongue

vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:03:11 AM

For the record, I confirm receiving the BTC from quake.

Thank you very much to all involved, specially quake, of course.

Cheers
emosewa

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:52:34 PM

For the record, I confirm receiving the BTC from quake.

Thank you very much to all involved, specially quake, of course.

Cheers

Dang. Where's my props? I rode this out like a champ. Through skepticism and scammers, I'm showing 2 days until this thing graces my farm with it's presence! Lol
emosewa

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:25:07 PM

Received and hashing away! Thanks to Quake, Vilian and everyone else who helped put this together! Goes to show you not every deal that looks like a scam is a scam, but with the right safeguards in place and taking time to pay attention to detail,  those too good to be true deals can be legit!

Thanks again!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: