Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:10:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CIYAM Safe - offline tx's using QR codes for comms  (Read 6076 times)
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 09:58:16 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2013, 02:38:05 AM by CIYAM Pty. Ltd.
Merited by ABCbits (8)

Another milestone towards CIYAM Open's 2013 mission has been achieved with the publication of the CIYAM Safe LiveOS on SUSE Studio: http://susestudio.com/a/kp8B3G/ciyam-safe

Using the distro as the LiveOS and after installing ZBar on your online computer you can create addresses and sign transactions in a manner that does not require USB (other than the live distro itself) as long as both your online and offline computers have webcams.

All source code is included - several various scripts and utilities are included from https://github.com/ciyam/safe and a slightly modified (just command line args not algo) version of "scrypt" from https://github.com/ciyam/scrypt.

If anyone would like to help test this it would be greatly appreciated (please consider it to be a "beta" at this stage and only test with very small amounts of BTC).

It should be noted that this is *not* trying to be an offline "wallet" in the same vein as Armory (although I guess it could be used for that purpose) and is not suitable for the technically non-savvy (you need to construct raw tx's) or for performing large numbers of tx's quickly. It's a bit more of a "nuts and bolts" type solution that was put together for the purpose of being able to create "paranoid" levels of security (as CIYAM Open intends to make sure its donations do not go anywhere apart from where they are meant to).

It has been tested with real transactions and testing also included re-installing the LiveOS (i.e. as if you'd lost it). The documentation is serviceable but far from "great" and the whole package could certainly be improved with some polish (if others are interested in using this and would be prepared to donate some funds towards adding more functionality then I will consider opening a project for it on CIYAM Open for it).

Of course others are welcome to copy this (or add QR comms to their own offline wallet projects).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 12:09:24 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2013, 06:01:05 AM by CIYAM Pty. Ltd.

As an incentive for others to test this out I will be sending 1 BTC2 BTC to the first 5 members who:

Install the LiveOS, generate an address with it and send a small amount of BTC to it (say 0.0015 with a 0.0005 fee) then create and sign a raw tx to send it somewhere else (i.e. back to yourself) and publish in this thread as proof:

1) the GPG public key for "local"

2) both the GPG public key and encrypted private key for "tux"

3) the User Key and Password that were used (neither must be *blank* and be sure not to use anything you would ever normally use elsewhere), and finally

4) the GPG encrypted private key for the "offline signed" tx

so that I can then verify that the GPG passphrase can be re-created in order to recover the private key of the "offline" address generated.

I managed to do this (whilst testing) in only a matter of minutes so it should be fairly easy money (if needed then assistance will be given via this thread only).

Smiley

(see next post for update)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 05:57:51 AM

Okay - perhaps I will take a different approach to this (as I really do want to get the testing done).

The first five people who reply to this thread will be entitled to the (let's raise it to) 2 BTC reward provided that they have posted the required information (and it is proven to be correct) within 48 hours of posting here (once posted I will quote it to ensure that edits aren't done later) and using the same User Key and Password as another poster will not be accepted.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:35:02 AM

I could do this with a spare computer. Is it bootable with a pendrive as I don't have a spare HDD at the moment?
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 07:00:01 AM

Is it bootable with a pendrive as I don't have a spare HDD at the moment?

Absolutely as it's a LiveOS (and exactly how I have used it)!

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 07:02:42 AM

Is it bootable with a pendrive as I don't have a spare HDD at the moment?

Absolutely as it's a LiveOS (and exactly how I have used it)!

Okay, I'm halfway through the download. I should be installing this tonight and giving it a run.

(PS: China/Malaysian time  Wink )
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 07:07:09 AM

Okay, I'm halfway through the download. I should be installing this tonight and giving it a run.

(PS: China/Malaysian time  Wink )

Great - am in the same timezone and most likely will be online until at least 11pm. Smiley

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 08:26:37 AM

Downloading right now

Australian time zone :3
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 09:11:12 AM

Australian time zone :3

No wukkas!

Wink

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 09:31:27 AM

Be sure to install ZBar on your online computer (http://zbar.sourceforge.net/) and from https://github.com/ciyam/safe the batch/script files check(.bat) and scan(.bat).

jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 09:51:03 AM

I'm downloading. My timezone is UTC+8.

Does it requires webcams? I don't have it

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 11:37:00 AM

Does it requires webcams? I don't have it

Hmm... a big part of the test is really the whole "gapped by air" comms - if you have a smartphone then you could still work it out by sending the image on the offline computer's screen via email and then scanning using zbarimg (rather than zbarcam).

This approach is a little more clumsy I'm afraid - but it is definitely doable (as I originally was testing things using a Galaxy Tab as a "go between" before I remembered that I had an old webcam lying around that I could use with my offline computer).

BTW - timezone is not an issue (you just need to post a solution within 48 hours of your *own* initial post to this topic) - if you end up with a little more time to "edit your result" because no-one quoted your "result" then that will not be a problem (I have to sleep at sometime and am not trying to be too anal about the rules).

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 01:36:06 PM

Okay, I'm now trying to install.
I'm using unetbootin to install it to my pendrive, and boot from a spare laptop. Do I need to extract it down to the .raw file to install?
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 01:45:08 PM

I'm using unetbootin to install it to my pendrive, and boot from a spare laptop. Do I need to extract it down to the .raw file to install?

I would recommend using ImageWriter from SUSE Studio http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Live_USB_stick#Install_ImageWriter instead (as I tried to use unetbootin and had no luck) but yes it is the .raw file you need to use (if it does work with unebootin please let us know).

uuidman

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 01:46:51 PM

This seems interesting, I will try to test the project.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 01:50:21 PM

I would recommend using ImageWriter from SUSE Studio http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Live_USB_stick#Install_ImageWriter instead (as I tried to use unetbootin and had no luck) but yes it is the .raw file you need to use (if it does work with unebootin please let us know).

I renamed the .raw file to .iso and extracted it successfully. The 0.img file within crashes unetbootin, however, so I'm taking your route with imagewriter now.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 01:51:20 PM

This seems interesting, I will try to test the project.

Great - much appreciated (and I think a very good chance that you'll get 2 BTC for your efforts).

Any problems just post questions here and I will answer them (this is not a competition but instead an example of exactly how CIYAM Open will be doing its work).

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 01:52:29 PM

I renamed the .raw file to .iso and extracted it successfully. The 0.img file within crashes unetbootin, however, so I'm taking your route with imagewriter now.

Yup - exactly what I had tried. Cheesy

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 01:59:39 PM

BTW - feedback about anything not well documented, etc. would be greatly appreciated (although making the UI nicer is not a priority for me unless others are interested to work on this).

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:01:26 PM

BTW - feedback about anything not well documented, etc. would be greatly appreciated (although making the UI nicer is not a priority for me unless others are interested to work on this).

Do document the use of ImageWriter, especially for persons like me who've never touched SUSE.  Cheesy
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:03:20 PM

Do document the use of ImageWriter, especially for persons like me who've never touched SUSE.  Cheesy

Good point - will be adding that to the distro description then.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:04:42 PM

It's loading up, albeit fairly slow on my HP netbook. I'm looking at the penguin pic with flying white particles on the screen for over 5 minutes now.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:06:29 PM

It's loading up, albeit fairly slow on my HP netbook. I'm looking at the penguin pic with flying white particles on the screen for over 5 minutes now.

Yup - the *first* boot can take quite a while (subsequent boots are much faster) - am pretty sure as long as it doesn't "freeze" altogether it should be working.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:07:12 PM

Yup - the *first* boot can take quite a while (subsequent boots are much faster).

Done, and I'm looking at a white console, logged in as 'tux'. Where should I proceed now?  Grin
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:08:12 PM

Done, and I'm looking at a white console, logged in as 'tux'. Where should I proceed now?  Grin

Okay - the instructions are in "usage.html" (use Firefox to read them).

The first thing you need to do in the "console" is:

./install
and then

./init

(also don't stress about what User Key and Password you use - just make sure they are not empty and you write them down so I can check that they will let me unlock the "tux master" GPG private key to verify your work)

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:14:12 PM

Done, and I'm looking at a white console, logged in as 'tux'. Where should I proceed now?  Grin

Okay - the instructions are in "usage.html" (use Firefox to read them).

The first thing you need to do in the "console" is:

./install
and then

./init

(also don't stress about what User Key and Password you use - just make sure they are not empty and you write them down so I can check that they will let me unlock the "tux master" GPG private key to verify your work)

Nope, can't find the usage.html file in the home directory though. Running init now..So is this netbook meant as the 'airgapped' computer?

PS: the init script is throwing some warnings, but I think it's still going strong. Cheesy

PPS: Found the usage.html after running init. Plowing through the information now...
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:20:49 PM

Nope, can't find the usage.html file in the home directory though. Running init now..So is this netbook meant as the 'airgapped' computer?

Hmm... usage.html should be in /home/tux (file:///home/tux/usage.html - just checked on my offline computer and it is there - you did run "./install" and you got the right directory?) and *yes* the whole idea is that the offline computer only communicates to the online one via QR codes.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:24:08 PM

There's no viewer for PNG files installed unfortunately. I'll go grab a viewer first...
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:25:19 PM

There's no viewer for PNG files installed unfortunately. I'll go grab a viewer first...

Just use Firefox (File Open and select Images from the File Type) and Ctrl-+ to enlarge the size (and F11 for "full-screen" to make it even easier for the online computer's webcam).

jl2012
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:33:33 PM

The system fail to boot on both MSI WindPad 110w and ASUS EEEPC 900

On WindPad, no matter I choose "failsafe" or not, it crashed with a messed screen

On EEEPC, no matter I choose "failsafe" or not, after the penguin screen, it stopped at "[sdd] No Caching mode pange present" and "[sdd] Assuming drive cache: write through". About 2 minute later, the system reboot autometically

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:35:02 PM

On WindPad, no matter I choose "failsafe" or not, it crashed with a messed screen

On EEEPC, no matter I choose "failsafe" or not, after the penguin screen, it stopped at "[sdd] No Caching mode pange present" and "[sdd] Assuming drive cache: write through". About 2 minute later, the system reboot autometically

Okay - you did use ImageWriter to create the USB image from the .raw file (also note that this is a 32 bit image)?

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:40:30 PM

Okay, I'm done up to the generate new address stage, and all QR codes have been imported to my 'online' computer. I'm downloading kleopatra to verify the keys work. What should I do afterwards?
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:42:40 PM

What should I do afterwards?

The next step is to send a small amount of BTC to the generated address and then create an unsigned tx (on your online computer) to send it back to yourself and then send this via a QR code to the offline computer - the "usage.html" details this (got that to appear yet?).

If you are still having troubles with usage.html then use: https://github.com/ciyam/safe/blob/master/usage.html (was designed as a <pre>...</pre> anyway so just as readable from there).

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:46:28 PM

What should I do afterwards?

The next step is to create an unsigned tx (on your online computer) and then send this via a QR code to the offline computer - the "usage.html" details this (got that to appear yet?).

I'm actually reading the usage.html via github directly on my desktop.  Tongue

I'm having problems comprehending this part:

After bitcoins have been sent to the offline generated address to move the "unspent outputs" you will need to
construct one or more "raw transactions".

Do I first send some change to the address generated via a regular transaction? Then use the offline computer to send the change back again?
jl2012
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:49:00 PM

Okay - you did use ImageWriter to create the USB image from the .raw file (also note that this is a 32 bit image)?

Yes, I use the ImageWriter for windows.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:49:56 PM

Do I first send some change to the address generated via a regular transaction? Then use the offline computer to send the change back again?

Yup - send say 0.0095 to the address and let the client add the 0.0005 tx fee (then the offline tx should be written to send back 0.009 to pay another 0.0005 tx fee).

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:50:42 PM

Your "offline" computer is 32 bit?

jl2012
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:56:30 PM

Your "offline" computer is 32 bit?

The windpad is 64bit but it has no problem in loading 32bit systems like android-x86 and windows

EEEPC is certainly 32bit only system

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:01:27 PM

The windpad is 64bit but it has no problem in loading 32bit systems like android-x86 and windows

EEEPC is certainly 32bit only system

Hmm... am not sure why this would occur then (am not a "hardware" guy really at all) and am not sure how you could proceed from here but if the 10 BTC isn't dispersed within the next week then I will send you 1 BTC for your attempt anyway (sorry I can't be of more help but hope you understand that others could just follow up with the same thing).

Smiley

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:07:49 PM

John - please note that the "vout" is almost certainly #1 (not #0) if you are using the "reference client" (due to a bug with the way that change addresses are *not* randomly allocated in the [usual] case of their being 2 "unspent outputs").

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:09:56 PM

Hmm I'm wondering on how to decrypt the PGP message (the address's privkeys) generated when the address is generated. It requires a different key from what I've generated earlier.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:13:20 PM

Hmm I'm wondering on how to decrypt the PGP message (the address's privkeys) generated when the address is generated. It requires a different key from what I've generated earlier.

The usage.html explains exactly how (you will need to enter the Password again but not the User Key as the GPG password has been "scypt" encrypted).

I have done this at least 5 or 6 times in the last few days so don't worry it *really should* work (and in the event you really can't recover 0.01 BTC then I will gladly refund it).

(in my own testing I have lost only around 0.005 Bitcoin due to a stupid mistake)

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:16:54 PM

PS: Is the install 'persistent'? I'm restarting the offline computer due to a crash when loading ./bitcoin.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:17:56 PM

PS: Is the install 'persistent'? I'm restarting the offline computer due to a crash when loading ./bitcoin.

Yes it is (thus only the need to use the Password once you've got it set up).

Am interested in the "crash" - any reason you think (perhaps it hadn't finished building)?

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:23:01 PM

Yes it is (thus only the need to use the Password once you've got it set up).

Am interested in the "crash" - any reason you think?

Yep, confirmed that the persistence is working fine. I would attribute it to the ./bitcoin script and the sluggish performance of my old netbook. The cursor and keyboard locked up, and I had to pull the plug for a cold reboot.

I'm sending the initial coins to the address generated at 17QgF3oJCLAvzGg2hxPX6rMhS5tKebWsiz now.

PS: have to catch up my blockchain ...  Lips sealed
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:30:24 PM

Yep, confirmed that the persistence is working fine. I would attribute it to the ./bitcoin script and the sluggish performance of my old netbook. The cursor and keyboard locked up, and I had to pull the plug for a cold reboot.

I'm sending the initial coins to the address generated at 17QgF3oJCLAvzGg2hxPX6rMhS5tKebWsiz now.

Okay - I should have documented that you need to wait until it says "Finished building 'bitcoind'..." (notes taken) - if the build was not completed then you will need to run the script "./build-bitcoin" (haven't seen the tx though yet - sure you sent it?).

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:40:16 PM

Okay - I should have documented that you need to wait until it says "Finished building 'bitcoind'..." (notes taken) - if the build was not completed then you will need to run the script "./build-bitcoin" (haven't seen the tx though yet - sure you sent it?).

I'm working through the last 100+- blocks or so before sending the tx - had to download the blockchain for my other cold wallet.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:41:18 PM

I'm working through the last 100+- blocks or so before sending the tx - had to download the blockchain for my other cold wallet.

You can send it now (no need to wait but entirely up to you of course - your client doesn't need to be "up to date" to do that provided that it can see it has enough funds).

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:50:51 PM

You can send it now (no need to wait but entirely up to you of course - your client doesn't need to be "up to date" to do that).

Oh, okay - just sent the tx in at 33437f32b09cea85639718ef5041a3d537b52032cdd39f1a3985e601b3e8182e . It wasn't successfully broadcasted yet strangely.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:53:24 PM

Oh, okay - just sent the tx in at 33437f32b09cea85639718ef5041a3d537b52032cdd39f1a3985e601b3e8182e . It wasn't successfully broadcasted yet strangely.

Hmm... I can't see it either - perhaps not enough funds had arrived on your client yet (perhaps a "safety" measure imposed to stop you attempting to spend funds not yet seen)?

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:54:21 PM

Can I run this on a windows xp machine?
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:56:51 PM

For the "online" computer - absolutely (that's what I am using) - for the "offline" one you need to use the LiveOS (which is Linux).

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:58:03 PM

Hmm... I can't see it either - perhaps not enough funds had arrived on your client yet (perhaps a "safety" measure imposed to stop you attempting to spend funds not yet seen)?

There's more than enough preconfirmed coins in the system. I would wager a guess that bitcoin-qt needs to catch up with all blocks before sending out a tx to thwart potential double spends.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:58:59 PM

For the "online" computer - absolutely (that's what I am using) - for the "offline" one you need to use the LiveOS (which is Linux).

Thx.

What size is required for the USB drive?
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 04:00:36 PM

There's more than enough preconfirmed coins in the system. I would wager a guess that bitcoin-qt needs to catch up with all blocks before sending out a tx to thwart potential double spends.

I have sent coins many times when being more than 100 blocks "behind" so I don't think it could be that.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 04:01:41 PM

I think that 16 GB is required (although maybe this could be changed).

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 04:02:37 PM

You coins just hit the blockchain!
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 04:02:58 PM

Can see John's tx now (he's half-way there).

Smiley

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 04:03:41 PM

I have sent coins many times when being more than 100 blocks "behind" so I don't think it could be that.

Yep - It has finally went through moments ago: http://blockchain.info/address/17QgF3oJCLAvzGg2hxPX6rMhS5tKebWsiz
Whew.

I think that 16 GB is required (although maybe this could be changed).

I'm running the system on a 4GB drive so I think 4 and above is okay. The raw is approx 2.7GB.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 04:05:28 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2013, 04:16:53 PM by CIYAM Pty. Ltd.

I'm running the system on a 4GB drive so I think 4 and above is okay. The raw is approx 2.7GB.

Thanks for the info John - will also add that to the doco!

Am tired now and need to sleep - will continue this in another 8 hours or so.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 04:19:57 PM

Okay. I'll try to poke around with it at the meantime.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 04:22:52 PM

PS: Do I need to issue this command in the online PC or offline PC?

createrawtransaction "[{\"txid\":\"62f04f8ee14567ef9a052a56cbda2f7489ccdf17177658a728108c50d4f5c250\",\"vout\
":1}]" "{\"1PutTheAddressToSendToInHerexxxxx\":0.099}]"

I'm guessing on the online PC though...
jl2012
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 04:41:32 PM

It works after I reflash the USB key

However, the webcam on my netbook (the offline computer) is not working. How can I move the raw transaction back to the offline computer?

jl2012
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 05:04:25 PM

Finally I copied the rawtx to the offline computer by an USB drive

Here you can see the transaction record: http://blockchain.info/address/1ELPYyJKLfeQHPu3FCSSKfFHjhCkEbapct

For the reward please send to 1CiZPrEJdN4FJcqdLdgVLzT8tgCXxT5ion

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.19 (GNU/Linux)
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=Wc7N
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
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=eQOL

-----BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----
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W2HjpojkLS3mHj0lCjHqLufH
QAQA9unHd32GJ3b6vsRE9EBW3rXDYnnvXgtaz5H7xYsvAAQLA/4rUhEKjVVx+9/k
F/Cbzn4SQ5Lroe9G1pOxHn68qF5vPgGItrO3kHM9cpLE/OO7s/3jM3XeQ1EyeI5r
om35md8m43biSB2qmOvtMEueVTntVqrfhmky+N9CG6YK2jKwP/kMp+kEt/CCFOBY
KXdwSjLAccfL4ScumghccpYRmjYaj/4DAwIsn8J6ft4FqrKg0zacZhOh/SetqdSE
4aywkN091wkm5Svqd9m/Blk3Sy0CIooAcG7Nlk4fu+ks2Z0/E9tqiDMkh+742iyX
TohJBBgRAgAJBQJQ6ZosAhsMAAoJECrgchhuTqBog6YAnReo03ya140ys/NgTEsT
ozt9HOV0AJ47vYxgLNJX4jqhD6YKhvZeOtSVDw==
=/U/N
-----END PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----

3) the User Key and Password that were used (neither must be *blank* and be sure not to use anything you would ever normally use elsewhere), and finally

User Key: aaa
Password: bbb

(no space before or after)

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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==
=f01G
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 05:49:02 PM

Well, I'm giving up for the night before I break more stuff. The ./signtx script does not return anything now after I mistyped the password the first time. I've restarted everything to no avail.  Undecided
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 05:59:29 PM

Well, I'm giving up for the night before I break more stuff. The ./signtx script does not return anything now after I mistyped the password the first time. I've restarted everything to no avail.  Undecided
Damn, I found the problem.  The signtx script was corrupted.  Undecided Now how should I go around to fix this ?
 No text editor, no internet connection for apt-get commands....
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 12:58:56 AM

Here you can see the transaction record: http://blockchain.info/address/1ELPYyJKLfeQHPu3FCSSKfFHjhCkEbapct

Thank you - and have sent 2 BTC (txid: 966e4ecc3c40828e63cd012c98f947494fd6aa907e0a993bf9926538aed6cd94) - good to know that the system is working (and yes you could always use USB rather than webcams - just depends upon your level of paranoia).

Proof that jl2012's answer was correct is that the private key for the 1ELPYyJKLfeQHPu3FCSSKfFHjhCkEbapct that was generated "offline" is 5Jo14o6CAYQin8WgqR59s1CQ4Hh4VirsnBSEizfE7sFb5r75i8g (so don't ever send BTC to that address again).

Damn, I found the problem.  The signtx script was corrupted.  Undecided Now how should I go around to fix this ?

Okay - if you want to keep the private and two public keys you originally created then check the instructions about "restoring" at the end of "usage.html" otherwise you can just start from scratch ... or ... you could always "scan" the signtx script and send it across via QR. Smiley

jl2012
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 01:38:53 AM

Well, I'm giving up for the night before I break more stuff. The ./signtx script does not return anything now after I mistyped the password the first time. I've restarted everything to no avail.  Undecided

Use vi for editing

jl2012
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 02:06:25 AM

Thank you - and have sent 2 BTC (txid: 966e4ecc3c40828e63cd012c98f947494fd6aa907e0a993bf9926538aed6cd94) - good to know that the system is working (and yes you could always use USB rather than webcams - just depends upon your level of paranoia).

Proof that jl2012's answer was correct is that the private key for the 1ELPYyJKLfeQHPu3FCSSKfFHjhCkEbapct that was generated "offline" is 5Jo14o6CAYQin8WgqR59s1CQ4Hh4VirsnBSEizfE7sFb5r75i8g (so don't ever send BTC to that address again).

It's well received. Thank you!

tehace

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 03:12:40 AM

Is there still a spot open for the reward?

DOGE: DChHzYffNDrMsM9L1GtG14cmp1NUXrEe9Z
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 03:19:15 AM

Is there still a spot open for the reward?

Yup - still 8 BTC remaining (in the title of the OP) and only one other member working on it at the moment. Smiley

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 03:24:53 AM

BTW - I will not be accepting attempts from members that were registered *after* the OP was posted.

(as it would be rather too easy money if I were to let someone who's already done this to just repeat the work to get the rest of the pot with new accounts)

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 03:47:38 AM

Okay - if you want to keep the private and two public keys you originally created then check the instructions about "restoring" at the end of "usage.html" otherwise you can just start from scratch ... or ... you could always "scan" the signtx script and send it across via QR. Smiley

Use vi for editing
Thanks for the suggestions!

Well, I managed to do a salvage of sorts and I'm currently setting up a new install in another pendrive. Changing the setup to a new system to speed things up now.

PS: I was wondering if the txid used in createrawtransaction command is the same for everyone, right? I should only change the address and the amount?

Code:
createrawtransaction "[{\"txid\":\"62f04f8ee14567ef9a052a56cbda2f7489ccdf17177658a728108c50d4f5c250\",\"vout\
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 03:57:15 AM

PS: I was wondering if the txid used in createrawtransaction command is the same for everyone, right? I should only change the address and the amount?

Code:

The txid must be the one for the tx that you issued to *send* the 0.0015 to the address that you generated offline (so it's different for everyone).

You can find the txid either through your Bitcoin client or on blockchain.info (search for the address you generated) and the tx should be there.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 04:04:29 AM

Code:

The txid must be the one for the tx that you issued to *send* the 0.0015 to the address that you generated offline (so it's different for everyone).

Oh, okay. Whew - I think I got it working. I'll use blockchain.info's pushtx to send the transaction then.
Why is the appending and pre-pending needed for this stage? I feel as if I've learnt more today. Grin

Code:
76a914[scriptPubKey]88ac

Also, for '4) the GPG encrypted private key for the "offline signed" tx', is it this?:

Code:
Address: 17QgF3oJCLAvzGg2hxPX6rMhS5tKebWsiz

hQEOA0GpefyvkxvfEAP/W+NvxYsY4gYrqG1nRX5cZR1mGfsgEzu1Oz/B0+pEIlt1
wuHfKWRq7u/O2ky+H9DxY+QxaOMTWU/ZrG6tnrGBBGUr14pE+9I7PxXNXEbznTeI
qSum3JqoVH1l4zw5AYxKZkZAvi/h4SP88SzsdduUudJUQjEJ9TnaV2pFn9xd1SYD
...edited out due to incomplete...
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 04:07:30 AM

Did a search, and realized that:
76a914 is OP_DUP OP_HASH160 PUSH_20BYTES and 88ac is OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 04:11:21 AM

Did a search, and realized that:
76a914 is OP_DUP OP_HASH160 PUSH_20BYTES and 88ac is OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG.

Yup - I will add that as a comment in usage.html.

Also, for '4) the GPG encrypted private key for the "offline signed" tx', is it this?:

Code:

...edited out due to incomplete...

Yup - that's it - you must be getting close now. Smiley

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 04:17:45 AM

Okay, I think I've nailed it.
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=U2Uc
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=Zska
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=TdQj

User: john1314

Pass: kkl551

/38WYSkejIv4sKmk6DDFqw63+WmrjExOqqY/9o21Rqg+pR+e6EHA1TZdMo+toGhx
FX7wrllgmUMSapjUKmrkFisl2Iiy6D3NTPC3LtwfwY843A1oMS6p7r25NiqZfejF
zV/PWpP3eYCs0CQk/yJ0ziz0RVJtKxKoPACbpE37Vp2h0sAKAWyLYlY9KltUlNx/
hyePOsC3HQgBKbkp8lDYpwtdAUJ7M6ge0du4oS1UvOrsQkvgg2H4kl81e9VbGZYa
G6fQBbLJkGd1IcWx+x3pmh4Py1OajCSoaKiBTRkfrI68xErzEt31D0YbJZMXln7I
Rk6ddeQPKufdKW1YC8lu2Wgva1kYHrcHooyWVhiLYeI1AArRVyzwdagP5cSy/kKP
wxypbCHuUFudXY3kpiOD0jv/HEFIyI10YLe3xj5lapamvAAe48Kv6GJHGr/+pQ==
=YXVc

The transaction is sent at: 161e819681abdf58d682b1243e5561aa9352ffed21654249dc3a405747fa920b
(just pushed, dunnoe if it's up yet or not)

Whew. I'll resetup a fresh installation and play with it later too.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 04:43:35 AM

Okay, I think I've nailed it.

Indeed you have!

Private key for 17QgF3oJCLAvzGg2hxPX6rMhS5tKebWsiz is 5JmDdyq8QKDf2mtTWxpWcsfVrWPQSj4fkH8HeUBahCtHuP9ov6x.

2 BTC sent to your tip jar (txid 7c8d9f94b616282413519e05627579d8acee37c3bb7372d27de1886fc0624ecd).

Your help has been much appreciated.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 04:45:42 AM

PS:The documentation section needs a better reworking - I find parts of it confusing and convoluted, especially at the signing stage.

Edit: Thanks!
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 04:55:47 AM

PS:The documentation section needs a better reworking - I find parts of it confusing and convoluted, especially at the signing stage.

Yup - I will be making some changes as per notes I've taken already but if you have other suggestions as to how to make it less confusing they would be appreciated (initially I only really wrote it for myself to use so no doubt I have left out some things that seem obvious to myself but not to someone new to raw tx's).

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 05:14:43 AM

Yup - I will be making some changes as per notes I've taken already but if you have other suggestions as to how to make it less confusing they would be appreciated (initially I only really wrote it for myself to use so no doubt I have left out some things that seem obvious to myself but not to someone new to raw tx's).

Okay.
In the signing stage, this command:
Code:
tells me to use the same txid as above as there's no mention to me to change the txid.

There's also other changes you should consider:
For one, you should include kWrite or some other text processing software to simplify stuff  during the making of small changes to the scripts or so. Also, you could use some other stripped down distro's to keep the space down - 2.7 GB for a couple of tools is a tad too big, and it's inefficient for older machines. (I experienced lagging on my netbook , had to switch to a new laptop to get this done).
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 05:27:13 AM

Okay.
In the signing stage, this command:
Code:
tells me to use the same txid as above as there's no mention to me to change the txid.

Okay - have made a note about that one.

There's also other changes you should consider:
For one, you should include kWrite or some other text processing software to simplify stuff  during the making of small changes to the scripts or so. Also, you could use some other stripped down distro's to keep the space down - 2.7 GB for a couple of tools is a tad too big, and it's inefficient for older machines. (I experienced lagging on my netbook , had to switch to a new laptop to get this done).

Yup - when I start using this regularly for paying CIYAM Open devs I will most likely be whipping up another script or two to simplify the "text work".

The distro was really a question of how easily I could put it together and for me SUSE Studio wins hands down for simplicity (am not really a Linux guru and unfortunately I just don't have any spare time to be playing around with other distros so unless they have their own online SUSE Studio equivalent that I can get working in an hour or so then this is not likely to change).

I'm sure it would be possible, however, to "trim" the distro that I have created although I think it would be hard to shrink it down to say half the size it is now.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 10:10:29 AM

Well it is interesting that there is still 6 BTC available (2 BTC reserved for the 3rd poster who hasn't posted again yet and 4 BTC in the "pot") but seemingly no takers.

I will still keep the offer open for the 3rd poster until 48 hours after their post but if there are no other takers for this within 24 hours then I will use the funds left over to fund some other tasks on CIYAM Open (which may be more interesting to members who are programmers).

Also if John has any interest in furthering the CIYAM Safe project (such as changing the distro as he had mentioned) then I would also be happy to donate the remaining funds from this testing task towards that cause (as another project on CIYAM Open which he could manage as he sees fit).

jl2012
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 10:22:38 AM

Well it is interesting that there is still 6 BTC available (2 BTC reserved for the 3rd poster who hasn't posted again yet and 4 BTC in the "pot") but seemingly no takers.

I will still keep the offer open for the 3rd poster until 48 hours after their post but if there are no other takers for this within 24 hours then I will use the funds left over to fund some other tasks on CIYAM Open (which may be more interesting to members who are programmers).

Also if John has any interest in furthering the CIYAM Safe project (such as changing the distro as he had mentioned) then I would also be happy to donate the remaining funds from this testing task towards that cause (as another project on CIYAM Open which he could manage as he sees fit).

I'm quite surprised. It's quite a simple task for the tech-savvys here

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 10:42:19 AM

I'm quite surprised. It's quite a simple task for the tech-savvys here

I think it's probably the fact that it is "testing" (which is why if no other takers I will tunnel the funds into some "programming" tasks that might have wider appeal).

BTW - if any of the posters here are interested in joining CIYAM Open then let me know (currently membership is limited to "invitation only") - basically this task is an example of how it will be run (i.e. a non-competing chance to demonstrate a provable result in a limited time-frame for a guaranteed BTC reward if successful and I will be personally investing at least 100 BTC to get the ball rolling).

OpenYourEyes

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 09:11:03 PM

I'll give this a shot.

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
PGP key | Bitmessage: BM-GuCA7CkQ8ojXSFGrREpMDuWgv495FUX7
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 12:30:08 AM

I'll give this a shot.

Okay - I think if you have followed the thread you should see it's fairly straight forward.

OpenYourEyes

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 02:03:59 AM

Ok, I'm not too sure if I've got this right (My BTC address is in my sig):
The transaction http://blockchain.info/address/1DTtB3FgCsnEfjfBsivg2JNAYyzhxsgdxa
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=xfIM
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=8pei

lQHhBFDrS/URBADI41sYHKULKRV1mEyNQcs96d1NXyKq6Yhqv4f2AGmEVD1ESfne
c8XfIeqrqKUhtZUioxQIqIktKyOKAw+451AcXIJLUfngJVRc8BgsYqDMyGGyCVY9
tJCLiooSP4nCe9GUw1+/Jfr3gNMHh/XHI3LVrMcvMBa9eu0VrvYpnUIH8wCgyfW6
eYK6a+UuzqGGb5cbKL3A5mEEAKj/aEdZeoYwuiaPirO9eo2nW76ZHax/03CBFL7u
91y6Wh9gioCaHW2qIc+I+8ROeeiisrg8FnOovlhxaJOJ5b8BSjYfQf+NiBRPxvxA
Ppy8lwUcVW7eCa+GBaAsZdG4IXfhPYZWLDv3yv/79vg/wMcfa2EGOe43C152ItQo
bZr4BACN1zfg/hlIfqHqkeFzcMD91TxvKj7cU6QzKu4Ey/7+C98tCSsNpZ7yeBIM
ArhwoiiUyYiQ/q4ZEmdMRmmAMVE1HKGFlzt5IdpMBCq+QGcK9fC7eIleej1mgcex
vpiW69OTMcdQdJcRYR0HYHnfl+sjMCwtdGn9EoK7mI3Nq7jTgv4DAwIPa7gbPOXC
YMc1hXbCHBB48Kl3YT4j0ImTfLtjcWte74T5LCX/d+lJ5atU8/3bgHTJWKWhfC9U
VN6hDbQbdHV4IG1hc3RlciA8dHV4QGRvbWFpbi5uZXQ+iGMEExECACMFAlDrS/UC
GyMHCwkIBwMCAQYVCAIJCgsEFgIDAQIeAQIXgAAKCRAGOERACf+wf4YMAJ4lAjGq
pHqpm7UEklJ80SXUYcuOyQCgrtleKZHgI4b2EjKnf9r+JkW0wG2dAVgEUOtL9RAE
AKEk4c4LDnbB1rIe8M0yfNB3urv6G00NHaoHV37enAA3Ud7UMOtW2D92V3Zl7GvV
XpEK6R5+aYhSbkdAqQGrQL7McMYTA60VV/cWhN/FAUXMVn+yrOi2jappVFcEFJ7+
5j24aux/vR8SVzt2hoVF3Wlf1EU+AaWUZ73rXgpGxN3DAAMFA/9sOYN+zf51fxvt
7WHB3EOsIoKjfunOeV2qHi1W6lNxtWKPw+FUu3ZOwrgh3ABQIdFqC41iI1s2yCy5
lvIsror4ejH/r80e451M6MTkTyNIizwHz98ymZwJpcGDsK2dukgd8SzMaBKRPnwq
bl/bQOxIFA5Eh9V+dIyHgdng7tyAzf4DAwIPa7gbPOXCYMcHIwysoI6GoLv2twM4
P3lzsiORODb9GykUq61uLdKMZDb/JuXq0Sw40pcchg+EU44i4fAOt2wCWp+17Vl9
V4hJBBgRAgAJBQJQ60v1AhsMAAoJEAY4REAJ/7B/VOUAni6N2M/DsaQ3kfdIcsct
onaqqy80AKCoX3HAG0fxX2cJSrNJ5JOyMrsHHw==
=TWg9

3) the User Key and Password that were used
User key: seventyoneseventytwo
Password: triad
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==
=3hdX

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 02:37:16 AM

The transaction http://blockchain.info/address/1DTtB3FgCsnEfjfBsivg2JNAYyzhxsgdxa

Private key for 1DTtB3FgCsnEfjfBsivg2JNAYyzhxsgdxa is 5JtayZzciFXqPcjLGsBxSTs6iQcneTDr6n3KMuVkmPwTBKsv53D.

2 BTC should be on its way to 1GEEKqKUf4WwdsQuRd3wjHVYHA8NxUg1rU (txid c1a7964c7016536e4c9e6f61ad31e2b7b34f53a867874a02c755ac1601fde3a0).

OpenYourEyes

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 02:49:30 AM

Private key for 1DTtB3FgCsnEfjfBsivg2JNAYyzhxsgdxa is 5JtayZzciFXqPcjLGsBxSTs6iQcneTDr6n3KMuVkmPwTBKsv53D.

2 BTC should be on its way to 1GEEKqKUf4WwdsQuRd3wjHVYHA8NxUg1rU (txid c1a7964c7016536e4c9e6f61ad31e2b7b34f53a867874a02c755ac1601fde3a0).

Got it, thanks. Smiley

It's a nice project, one thing though, why is the size of the distro. so large considering there are so few packages in it?
I've created a few custom Linux distros. in the past and, if using a lightweight desktop environment, something like this would normally come in at around 250-300MB.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 02:51:45 AM

Got it, thanks. Smiley

It's a nice project, one thing though, why is the size of the distro. so large considering there are so few packages in it?
I've created a few custom Linux distros. in the past and, if using a lightweight desktop environment, something like this would normally come in at around 250-300MB.
+1. If you model it off Puppy Linux, it'll be really tiny.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 03:06:22 AM

Actually I did start with Puppy but it all just got too hard trying to work out how to set it up (not being familiar with creating distros and having SSH only "online" access to Linux) so I went the SUSE Studio path for the convenience.

As stated I am willing to create a project on CIYAM Open for further work on this and to even donate some BTC towards it but I am far too busy with other things to spend more time on this "side project" (although the disto is bloated and the UI is clumsy it gets the job done which is all I need for CIYAM Open to safely handle its BTC).

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 03:13:02 AM

I'm copying http://susestudio.com/a/kp8B3G/ciyam-safe to a 4GB drive using Image Writer and I'm not able to get it to boot??

Am I missing a step?

Thx.
OpenYourEyes

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 03:19:29 AM

[quoteCIYAM Pty. Ltd.]

Actually I did start with Puppy but it all just got too hard trying to work out how to set it up (not being familiar with creating distros and having SSH only "online" access to Linux) so I went the SUSE Studio path for the convenience.

As stated I am willing to create a project on CIYAM Open for further work on this and to even donate some BTC towards it but I am far too busy with other things to spend more time on this "side project" (although the disto is bloated and the UI is clumsy it gets the job done which is all I need for CIYAM Open to safely handle its BTC).

If you ever need a hand, let me know.
I could set you up with a smooth running Arch Linux based version in a couple of hours.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 03:38:04 AM

I'm copying http://susestudio.com/a/kp8B3G/ciyam-safe to a 4GB drive using Image Writer and I'm not able to get it to boot??

Am I missing a step?

Nope - that should work fine - corrupted image perhaps?

I could set you up with a smooth running Arch Linux based version in a couple of hours.

That would be much appreciated as I would be happy to keep a much smaller distro as a download from ciyam.org - if possible I would also want instructions on how to go about rebuilding the distro myself if I wanted to make changes to the CIYAM Safe tools - would that be very difficult?

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 03:42:11 AM

Also any latecomers please realise that as BCB was the 5th other member to post in this topic there is no further BTC up for grabs now (sorry but xmas is over now). Smiley

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 03:44:34 AM

Trying it for the third time!

Hey I'll pass on the bounty!   

Just want to see if I can get this working

Thanks!

OpenYourEyes

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 03:50:12 AM

Am I missing a step?

Nope - that should work fine - corrupted image perhaps?

That would be much appreciated as I would be happy to keep a much smaller distro as a download from ciyam.org - if possible I would also want instructions on how to go about rebuilding the distro myself if I wanted to make changes to the CIYAM Safe tools - would that be very difficult?

I've got nothing to do right now, so I'll start work on working on a quick set up so you can get a taster to decide if it's some thing you want.
It wouldn't be difficult at all; it just requires 'unpacking' the squash filesytem, updating your tools, and re-squashing, I'll give you a full write up on it if need be.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 03:51:13 AM

Wish I could be of more help - did you check the MD5 checksum (I think SUSE Studio can show you that)?

That's very kind - and I am happy to have that 2 BTC put towards the Arch Linux version. Smiley

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 03:54:41 AM

I've got nothing to do right now, so I'll start work on working on a quick set up so you can get a taster to decide if it's some thing you want.
It wouldn't be difficult at all; it just requires 'unpacking' the squash filesytem, updating your tools, and re-squashing, I'll give you a full write up on it if need be.

Great - as BCB has graciously decided to pass on the 2 BTC it will be awarded to this task.

And again thanks to all who have helped out - this topic itself has been a test of the "work model" that CIYAM has been developing and I think it's turned out pretty well.

Smiley

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 04:02:36 AM

Wish I could be of more help - did you check the MD5 checksum (I think SUSE Studio can show you that)?

That's very kind - and I am happy to have that 2 BTC put towards the Arch Linux version. Smiley

No problem!

Maybe I'll wait and try that. 

Thanks for the effort!
uuidman

Activity: 121

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 04:27:11 AM

Thanks!

If on linux you can use the command dd after you unpacked it:

dd if=CIYAM_Safe.i686-0.0.85.raw of=/dev/sdb

Here if means input file and of output file, but DONT copy paste a dd command, its very important that the of part is correct. In this case this is my usbdrive. ALWAYS check before so that it wont overwrite your harddrive or SSD.

I usually test dd first, I took a new 8GB drive and it worked.

Check md5
md5sum (linux command) at the file gave me, 78a0a13cb48b29cb6ccdc22a425b6e44  CIYAM_Safe.i686-0.0.85.raw

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 05:23:15 AM

I have updated the CIYAM Safe "appliance" with some improvements to the scripts (you can now use either the camera or an image file as the unsigned transaction source) and the docco per suggestions made in this thread.

http://susestudio.com/a/kp8B3G/ciyam-safe

And for those who might have noticed another thread that I started a bit earlier - be warned that working with raw transactions can be an expensive excercise if you screw up.

blackhatzw

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:28:40 AM

What's CIYAM and what issue it will solve?
blackhatzw

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:36:19 AM

Is there IPO of this project, just like altcoins.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 10:04:49 AM

Are you talking about the CIYAM Safe or did you just post in the wrong topic?

blackhatzw

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:37:11 AM

Are you talking about the CIYAM Safe or did you just post in the wrong topic?

I am talking about CIYAM Safe, if I want to get involved into this project, how can I achieve it.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 07:30:59 AM

I am talking about CIYAM Safe, if I want to get involved into this project, how can I achieve it.

I guess that depends upon what your skills are and what you have in mind for the project.

It is open source and on github (check http://ciyam.org for the link) and it is fully functional already but is not "user friendly" (as I am the kind of person that loves using a console rather than playing with GUI).

So I would guess finding a coder to improve the "user experience" would probably be the main priority.

blackhatzw

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:02:58 AM

I guess that depends upon what your skills are and what you have in mind for the project.

It is open source and on github (check http://ciyam.org for the link) and it is fully functional already but is not "user friendly" (as I am the kind of person that loves using a console rather than playing with GUI).

So I would guess finding a coder to improve the "user experience" would probably be the main priority.

Hi, CIYAM
I think you can raise some BTC via IPO as alt coins and use these coins to hire some guys to do this, this is an amazing project, if more guys involve in this project, it will be great.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 08:15:04 AM

I think you can raise some BTC via IPO as alt coins and use these coins to hire some guys to do this, this is an amazing project, if more guys involve in this project, it will be great.

I am not interested in being involved with IPOs (far too many issues with doing those).

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: