Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:15:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: COIN WARS: And the battle begins...  (Read 3444 times)
keepdoing (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:47:17 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 04:11:29 AM by keepdoing

You think I am talking about Core vs Classic?   Only slightly.  Primarily I just want to discuss Fiat Coin vs Bitcoin seeing as how Fiat coin it seems now has a name (at least one of them does.)

But 1st the Core vs Classic skirmish, for indeed that is all it will be.... a nasty, brief skirmish where one side gets destroyed.  2 things seem clear....  

1) Classic will easily garner 75% and there will be a fork.
2) Core/Blockstream supporters seem deadset on causing as much confusion and destruction as possible.  There have been comments in support of DDOS attacks on Classic Nodes.  The lies are just growing bigger and bigger.  Those in the media willing to sell themselves as whores for some ad revenue are being used in an attempt to drum up outrage in those who don't know better.   But in the end Core passes away, and I for one Will Remember every bad actor, and will not forgive easily.  Most won't.  Blockstream and others should consider this in the days to come.  

End result here is generally going to be that Classic prevails.  At that point, once all the smoke clears, Bitcoin (the Classic Version) will be jumpstarted, and probably see a huge price increase, and development will grow wings, investment monies will again flow like wine etc.   Only thing unknown is how much confusion and damage there will be in the interimn.  If Core/Blockstream doesn't look to go quietly, traders will pull their coins a week or so before "activation" of Classic.  They won't want their trading priniciple to sit idly in the possibility of a protracted period of confusion (I say this because it will be dangerous to be moving coins around in the period that both fork chains are active - before one dies.... and if that looks like a long time - nobody wants their coins to be sitting idly and in jeopardy - and investment will flee to the safety of other coins)[/i].  Bitcoin price will see a dramatic price drop as trading money runs for the doors, and shorts heap on extra pressure (I predict a serious price bloodbath - IF Blockstream/Core supporters make it clear they are going to sabotage a clean fork).  Altcoins will be the immediate recipient of the gains.  One coin in particular.

BUT LETS TALK ABOUT THAT "ONE COIN"..... because it is clear that Ethereum has been chosen to be the primary Fiat Coin - at least for the Western World.   * Ripple may gain traction in Southeast Asia.  China will also do a coin.

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN in the confusion of the short but disruptive fork, is that Ethereum is going to be releasing Homestead, and we'll see a huge jump in price, and in application buildout, and in users, and in nodes.   Its going to hit the Crypto world like a storm, and the Media will fixate on Ethereum positives, and point to the confusion in Bitcoin.  We'll know its temporary - but the masses of humanity will AGAIN see confusion/negativity/risk - while they are drumming up Ethereum Blockchain.  And it will soar!

And after the fork, and Core/Blockstream finally a good riddance memory, SOME of that money/investment will flow back into Bitcoin, but some will remain in Ethereum.   And then the real coin wars will begin......

BE FOREWARNED.... Bitcoin will soar in exaltation once the 75% supermajority is reached...... then crash into the abyss as the activation approaches.  For once I can't tell you how this one ends..... because there is going to be a surprise for you all in the midst of the chaos, and I honestly don't know how it will play out.

But for now, buckle up.... its Fork Time Smiley

* all hands on deck, lock and load your classic node!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:59:51 AM

Hmmm.... where to download the bitcoin classic node?

keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:04:42 AM

https://bitcoinclassic.com/
* coming very very soon. take a deep breath.  get ready.  calm before the storm.  lets all make it a fast and furious one.... over before it starts.
Coaxme

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:12:52 AM

That scares me a little, even i dont undetstand enough bitcoin :/

tobacco123

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:16:26 AM

* coming very very soon. take a deep breath.  get ready.  calm before the storm.  lets all make it a fast and furious one.... over before it starts.

Do you have any insider information when will it be released? So now we will have Bitcoin Core, Classic and XT...

keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:25:36 AM

That scares me a little, even i dont undetstand enough bitcoin :/
Well - no reason to be scared.... if you are informed.  Basically, once Classic is released, people will begin immediately downloading, and miners will start mining blocks voting for Classic.  The support is there, and probably within days we'll see 750 out of 1000 classic blocks mined.  THAT 75% will trigger the fork.  But the fork will have a 30 day grace period before it "Activates".  

Its the "Activation" that you have to be aware of.  The second that deadline (which will be widely announced and pre-determined so it won't shock anyone) occurs..... IF Core/Blockstream supporters fight back, and try and keep the Cor chain running - things could get messy.  people could get "tricked" into spending their coins, or trading their coins, or moving their coins onto the Core Chain (which will be the losing chain).  Those coins will FOREVER be trapped on the Core Chain, and will most likely eventually go to Zero$.

The longer the confusion lasts (could be hours.... could be weeks / a month) the worse things will get.  But there is a solution, 2 actually....

1) Don't move your coins around.  Just get them off any small wierd exchanges that will not publically be on record as supporting the Classic Chain, and just hunker down until it is over.  Your coins will then probably return to normal value, and then start climbing again.  But it will possibly be scary.
2) If you are a trader.... you will move your coins out of Bitcoin before the Activation, and ito altcoins.  I've already moved mine into Fedcoin (Ethereum).  I'm currently 70% Ether / 30% Bitcoin.  If Core/Blockstream doesn't quit the BS.... I'll go to 90%/10%.   BUT after the dust settles, you'll see huge inflows back into Bitcoin.

But people need to be aware of what is about to happen.
tobacco123

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:31:02 AM

.... you will move your coins out of Bitcoin before the Activation, and ito altcoins.[/b]  I've already moved mine into Fedcoin (Ethereum).  I'm currently 70% Ether / 30% Bitcoin.  If Core/Blockstream doesn't quit the BS.... I'll go to 90%/10%.   BUT after the dust settles, you'll see huge inflows back into Bitcoin.

Sorry for the multiple questions... do you foresee the price of ether/ethereum will increase due to the hard fork?

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 04:31:28 AM

A hard fork will not prevail until small sized transactions (1 or 2 inputs and 1 or 2 ouputs) take many hours or days to confirm. Currently the only "My transaction won't confirm" posts are from those that don't understand the relationship to the KB size to the fee of the transaction. These transactions usually have dozens of inputs and/or outputs, creating a very large transaction with a tiny fee(less than 1000 satoshis per KB) so it takes forever to get confirmed.  Once the small transactions get 'stuck' then it will be possible for a blocksize based hard-fork to succeed.

keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:31:59 AM

Do you have any insider information when will it be released? So now we will have Bitcoin Core, Classic and XT...
I think a week +/-, perhaps sooner.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:36:43 AM

.... you will move your coins out of Bitcoin before the Activation, and ito altcoins.[/b]  I've already moved mine into Fedcoin (Ethereum).  I'm currently 70% Ether / 30% Bitcoin.  If Core/Blockstream doesn't quit the BS.... I'll go to 90%/10%.   BUT after the dust settles, you'll see huge inflows back into Bitcoin.

Sorry for the multiple questions... do you foresee the price of ether/ethereum will increase due to the hard fork?
Well..... you can see money moving out now.  Its because people are seeing that Blockstream/Core supporters are making it clear they plan to go to war.   But this war will happen. 

1st Stage of the war is that the Classic Code becomes available.  It will be quickly adapted and will "trigger" the 2nd stage.  It is at this point that I see Bitcoin going up due to the euphoria that at least something is getting done, and hope that bitcoin will soon be rid of Core/Blockstream,a nd development can continue on normal course.

2nd Stage is the "Activation".  That is when the actual Fork occurs.  If it looks like that will get messy, then investment traders will flee like the plague.  Rumours and bad news will spread, and fear and shorts will drive price into the ground.

3rd Stage is Classic Fork emerges victorious after slaughtering Core.  Investment returns, happiness reigns.  The REAL war with Ethereum starts.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:43:47 AM

Well..... you can see money moving out now.  Its because people are seeing that Blockstream/Core supporters are making it clear they plan to go to war.   But this war will happen.  

1st Stage of the war is that the Classic Code becomes available.  It will be quickly adapted and will "trigger" the 2nd stage.  It is at this point that I see Bitcoin going up due to the euphoria that at least something is getting done, and hope that bitcoin will soon be rid of Core/Blockstream,a nd development can continue on normal course.

2nd Stage is the "Activation".  That is when the actual Fork occurs.  If it looks like that will get messy, then investment traders will flee like the plague.  Rumours and bad news will spread, and fear and shorts will drive price into the ground.

3rd Stage is Classic Fork emerges victorious after slaughtering Core.  Investment returns, happiness reigns.  The REAL war with Ethereum starts.

I really don't understand where you are coming from here..  I know that Ethereum has been garnering a lot of attention from the altcoin community, as it was recently pumped because of Microsoft speculations; but I really don't see how it is going to "revolutionize" the bitcoin dynamic because it is a mere form of a type of data storage, rather than a coin (I think).  Plus, I just went on poloniex to check the current price of Ethereum out of curiosity after reading your OP, and it's like down 12% or so... so I don't see what you mean by people hedging a lot of their Bitcoins into Eth.

Edit: The more I think about it, this is just a typical FUD post by a huge Eth supporter.  Maybe you should post this in the altcoin section.

keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:56:42 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 05:10:30 AM by keepdoing

Well..... you can see money moving out now.  Its because people are seeing that Blockstream/Core supporters are making it clear they plan to go to war.   But this war will happen.  

1st Stage of the war is that the Classic Code becomes available.  It will be quickly adapted and will "trigger" the 2nd stage.  It is at this point that I see Bitcoin going up due to the euphoria that at least something is getting done, and hope that bitcoin will soon be rid of Core/Blockstream,a nd development can continue on normal course.

2nd Stage is the "Activation".  That is when the actual Fork occurs.  If it looks like that will get messy, then investment traders will flee like the plague.  Rumours and bad news will spread, and fear and shorts will drive price into the ground.

3rd Stage is Classic Fork emerges victorious after slaughtering Core.  Investment returns, happiness reigns.  The REAL war with Ethereum starts.

I really don't understand where you are coming from here..  I know that Ethereum has been garnering a lot of attention from the altcoin community, as it was recently pumped because of Microsoft speculations; but I really don't see how it is going to "revolutionize" the bitcoin dynamic because it is a mere form of a type of data storage, rather than a coin (I think).  Plus, I just went on poloniex to check the current price of Ethereum out of curiosity after reading your OP, and it's like down 12% or so... so I don't see what you mean by people hedging a lot of their Bitcoins into Eth.

Edit: The more I think about it, this is just a typical FUD post by a huge Eth supporter.  Maybe you should post this in the altcoin section.
Maybe you should read all my posts.  This is the 1st time I have ever mentioned Ethereum.  I have spent the past 2 weeks silently researching.  2 weeks ago I was 100% in Bitcoin.  I have always said I will end up 40/60 or 50/50 or 60/40 in Fedcoin/Bitcoin.  

I am a long time supporter of scaling intelligently.  I m on record as believing Mike Hearn / XT was a moronic, stupid path.  I am on record as thinking Core/Blockstream are filled with conflict of interest that they are ACTIVELY using as guidance in their decisions.  I detest both sides.  Classic is an intelligent, middle of the road path.  I also support Segwit, though not as a scaling solution.  I do NOT support Lightening, although it could be a brilliant part of the eventual scaling solution.  I think sidechains are actually going to ultimately be mandatory to the long term survival of Bitcoin.  But I hope someone else develops it, because right now it is BS vaporware, and I will never trust Blockstream, and never support any project they are involved in.  Although, myself and many would immediately forgive and forget if they IMMEDIATELY CEASED AND DESISTED in this counterproductive scorched earth policy path they have chosen.

But in regard to Ethereum price.  Who gives a crap?  Its up.   Its down.  Same goes for bitcoin.  I am not a trader.  I am a hodler.   But I am wise enough to know when to hodl my little a$$ over to the sidelines.  And that time is approaching.  Might as well make money doing it.   I am upfront as to what I am doig, what I am holding (percentagewise at least).  Hell - if you want a trading tip.... go buy Emercoin.  Second it hits the real exchanges it is going to soar.  I own none because I am not a trader. 

I am sticking to what I have always said.... I will diversify between Fedcoin (Ethereum in Western world) and Bitcoin

chennan
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 05:18:20 AM

Edit: The more I think about it, this is just a typical FUD post by a huge Eth supporter.  Maybe you should post this in the altcoin section.
Maybe you should read all my posts.  This is the 1st time I have ever mentioned Ethereum.  I have spent the past 2 weeks silently researching.  2 weeks ago I was 100% in Bitcoin.  I have always said I will end up 40/60 or 50/50 or 60/40 in Fedcoin/Bitcoin.  

I am a long time supporter of scaling intelligently.  I m on record as believing Mike Hearn / XT was a moronic, stupid path.  I am on record as thinking Core/Blockstream are filled with conflict of interest that they are ACTIVELY using as guidance in their decisions.  I detest both sides.  Classic is an intelligent, middle of the road path.  I also support Segwit, though not as a scaling solution.  I do NOT support Lightening, although it could be a brilliant part of the eventual scaling solution.  I think sidechains are actually going to ultimately be mandatory to the long term survival of Bitcoin.  But I hope someone else develops it, because right now it is BS vaporware, and I will never trust Blockstream, and never support any project they are involved in.  Although, myself and many would immediately forgive and forget if they IMMEDIATELY CEASED AND DESISTED in this counterproductive scorched earth policy path they have chosen.

But in regard to Ethereum price.  Who gives a crap?  Its up.   Its down.  Same goes for bitcoin.  I am not a trader.  I am a hodler.   But I am wise enough to know when to hodl my little a$$ over to the sidelines.  And that time is approaching.  Might as well make money doing it.   I am upfront as to what I am doig, what I am holding (percentagewise at least).  Hell - if you want a tip.... go buy Emercoin.  Second it hits the real exchanges it is going to soar.  I own none.  

I am sticking to what I have always said.... I will diversify between Fedcoin (Ethereum in Western world) and Bitcoin

Well for one, I'm not going to read all your posts, because I don't think it's really that necessary and I wasn't trying to sound all butt hurt or anything.  I'm just saying that generally posts about altcoins will go over better in the altcoin section... Hell, I go there from time to time to read up on the new and upcoming technologies that altcoins create.  I like innovation, and am not a trader.  I think Ethereum is good for whatever purpose Microsoft sees it deemed fit, but if I'm not mistaken I think it's just a database type of platform, and not really an improved version of Bitcoin by any means necessary. It's fine if someone corrects me by shedding some new light on Ethereum, I really don't care... all I've read though, is that it's a database platform that was, I guess, bought out by Microsoft for Azure.

I think you're right though, there will have to be side chains for the longevity of Bitcoin... whether that's with altcoins or not.  In my mind, there has to be a more private side chain (which you could argue that Monero/Dash[instamined]/Zerocoin[not yet created]/Boolberry is it), a fast transaction chain (which you could argue that Litecoin/eMunie[not yet created]/etc... is it], and then the gold standard which would be Bitcoin...

I believe that there will ultimately be three coins, including Bitcoin, will go the distance that fills these niches.  Whether another altcoin comes about that proves it self worthy is one thing, but I really don't think that Ethereum functions in a way that a currency should function.

Edit: Full disclosure, I'm not a trader... just someone who is also interested in altcoins for the same reason as you.

keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 05:28:32 AM

Well for one, I'm not going to read all your posts, because I don't think it's really that necessary and I wasn't trying to sound all butt hurt or anything.  I'm just saying that generally posts about altcoins will go over better in the altcoin section... Hell, I go there from time to time to read up on the new and upcoming technologies that altcoins create.  I like innovation, and am not a trader.  I think Ethereum is good for whatever purpose Microsoft sees it deemed fit, but if I'm not mistaken I think it's just a database type of platform, and not really an improved version of Bitcoin by any means necessary. It's fine if someone corrects me by shedding some new light on Ethereum, I really don't care... all I've read though, is that it's a database platform that was, I guess, bought out by Microsoft for Azure.
LOL - man, you know how that old saying goes.... "I always thought he was an idiot, then he started typing and removed all doubt?"

Yeah.... that.

* Seriously.... you don't even know what ethereum is.  run along and do some research child.
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 05:36:28 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 05:52:29 AM by chennan

LOL - man, you know how that old saying goes.... "I always thought he was an idiot, then he started typing and removed all doubt?"

Yeah.... that.

* Seriously.... you don't even know what ethereum is.  run along and do some research child.

LOL, and yet you still haven't provided me with information that I would want to see what the fuck your talking about.  Look, I know that I don't know anything about Ethereum... I've already told you that.  If you could act your age that you're insinuating, then you would be able to redirect me to somewhere for me to learn more.

Yeah, you really showed me...

Seriously dude, grow the fuck up.

Edit: Oh wow... lookey there... I was right  Kiss

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ethereum-blockchain-as-a-service-now-on-azure/

Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1957

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 05:42:25 AM

Ethereum is more geared towards smart contracts and I think Ripple will be the replacement for fiat in the banking sector in the future. These institutions will want to move forward with a technology they are comfortable with and people they have built a relationship with.

Bitcoin have too much uncertainties and it will stay the currency for the people. We are going to see some nasty competition coming from ETH and Ripple on both fronts.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 05:49:01 AM

Ethereum is more geared towards smart contracts and I think Ripple will be the replacement for fiat in the banking sector in the future. These institutions will want to move forward with a technology they are comfortable with and people they have built a relationship with.

Bitcoin have too much uncertainties and it will stay the currency for the people. We are going to see some nasty competition coming from ETH and Ripple on both fronts.

Yeah, I've seen that both are in the "smart contract" field and didn't really take time to look more into it.  It sounds cool in the sense that it will help web development programs, which would be paid for in "Ether" or "Ripples"... but I don't personally see the uses for it other than that.  I guess I'm not too keen on the potential uses on a mass adoption scale.

Bitcoin is mainly used as a currency though.. as well as other altcoins that use the same generic code too.  Cryptonote coins add the privacy sector of what could be implemented in a bitcoin side chain... and I guess ethereum's code could be used in a side chain too, but I really don't think that Bitcoin's devs will ever try and do something like that.  So that's why I can see different alt coins being used as a type of "side chain" in a sense.

keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 11:41:54 AM

LOL, and yet you still haven't provided me with information that I would want to see what the fuck your talking about.  Look, I know that I don't know anything about Ethereum... I've already told you that.  If you could act your age that you're insinuating, then you would be able to redirect me to somewhere for me to learn more.
...and yet he keeps on talking.  Fascinating.  He knows as little about Ethereum, as most average humans know about Bitcoin.  Basically nothing.  Less than nothing actually, since what he does know is mostly wrong. 
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 11:55:26 AM

Ethereum AND Ripple are geared towards smart contracts, AND they are currnecy.  Ethereum will be chosen by the fiat banking sector in Western World primarily.  Ripple primarily in Southeastern Asia bank chains.  China will go it alone.  Bitcoin will indeed for a time hold onto its emotional attachment as the "People's Coin" (after it goes through a severe beating in the upcoming fork).

But you won't have 4 winners in the long run.  You'll have coin wars.  And the simplistic thought put out here don't begin to scratch the surface of what aspects of warfare you'll see.  I find this talk of "Bitcoin is the People's Coin" to be amusing.  The huge masses of uninformed sheep on thi planet that make up the overwhelming bulk of "The People" will use whatever their damn bank tells them to use.  An those are the coins that will get favored regulation, and those are the coins that will have enormous investment backing to develop out financial, shopping, commerce, App infrastructure.  And the Coin(s) that win that battle will be the "People's Coin".

Bitcoin is beloved by the 1 or 2% of humanity currently using it, because it is their first love.  Its an emotional thing.  But as time goes by, the relationship will mature, and practicality will prevail.  

This upcoming fork is going to have a lot to do with how Bitcoin ends up.  Not because of any inherent dangers of the fork..... but because the Fiat Coin(s) will be rolled out to the masses then - and thats when the real wars wil begin.   This little battle with Core is merely an annoying distraction.  Its getting ready to be a busy time.  The cleaner and shorter the Fork, the less damage to Bitcoin reputation amongst the masses.  And yes this is going to be VERY important.... because very very soon, ALL THE EYES OF HUMANITY are going to be focused on cryptocurrency.

Get ready.  Lock and load...... your classic node!  Lets get this over with fast once it starts.
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 11:56:55 AM

2) Core/Blockstream supporters seem deadset on causing as much confusion and destruction as possible.  There have been comments in support of DDOS attacks on Classic Nodes.
Care to back up your defamation with hyperlinks?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: