Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:08:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay and Bitcoin  (Read 1318 times)
xempew (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 10:28:22 PM

Does anyone know if eBay frowns upon sellers offering to accept Bitcoin in exchange for the listed item?

In Satoshi We Trust.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 12:25:08 AM

If you make it a test listing, no:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230905051121

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
NicS

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 01:29:11 AM

They really don't care. There is nothing in their ToS that suggests or even mentions bitcoins, and the only thing on currencies states that they may convert payment from one currency to another. They don't have a setup for bitcoin payment like with USD, if that's what you mean.
Karasugoi

Activity: 113
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:32:44 AM

They have a vested interest in sellers processing all transactions through Paypal.

If you figure out a way please let us know.

For now the only option I know of is to use BITMIT site.

| S U P E R N E T 's BarterDEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
BTC4Amazon

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:54:04 AM

My service BTC4Amazon.com Lets you do this.
What you do is give Us the URL of the item and we figure out its BTC price (+ a small fee), and the BTC price for your maximum bid and you deposit that amount into a personalized Wallet in our armory.
Then upon the time that the bid is raised we will bid higher up to your maximum bid and if you win your shipping info will be used.
If there is any extra BTC in our Wallet for you it will be refunded.

Website hasn't been updated with this new info yet as we have not put it into effect but I thought this would be a good time to bring it up.
If you have any questions:
Visit the site
Post here
PM me

Thanks and have a nice day
BTC4Amazon

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:08:45 AM

a few months back a shitload of auctions had Bitcoin as a form of payment. I haven't done a search lately to know. I know a ton of people still sell coins on there like fools.
Alot of idiots buy BTC on there for like 20+ a piece
That's pretty steep if you ask me
Karasugoi

Activity: 113
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 11:42:00 PM

a few months back a shitload of auctions had Bitcoin as a form of payment. I haven't done a search lately to know. I know a ton of people still sell coins on there like fools.

Most of the people I have sold to have been great so far.  If they want to buy on Ebay, more power to them.
I will let you know if I feel foolish in a few weeks.  I have read other sellers have had too many scammers.

| S U P E R N E T 's BarterDEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
Darktongue

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 03:30:26 AM

I believe a very small percent of individual buyers of coin on eBay are legitimately looking to buy. I believe those few are the ones that haven't ventured out and looked for alternate gateways.

They pay the inflation because really they feel It's easier. I usually tell those honest souls to secure a paypal card and use the card to buy coin directly. or build some serious trust.
LTC555

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 09:35:20 PM

Does anyone know if eBay frowns upon sellers offering to accept Bitcoin in exchange for the listed item?

Be very careful.  They WILL NOT protect you against chargebacks for virtual items.  It is in their vast ToA somewhere.
Darktongue

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 11:31:06 PM

I don't think the op wants to sell coin. I think he's asking if It's against eBays rules to accept coin. The awnser is no It's not. they might throw a paypal button up but you cab lost in the body of the listing Bitcoin is accepted by you.

This is what I was talking about when I was speaking of my searches a few months ago. But the safest way to avoid someone paying with paypal rather then coin is the above-mentioned test auction trick.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 12:22:19 AM

Paying $100/coin doesn't matter if it's not your paypal account that is paying for it... keep that in mind.
Seth Otterstad

Activity: 328

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 12:53:33 AM

I am curious if you can sell bitcoins on ebay by shipping a private key to the buyer on a piece of paper or a physical bitcoin and be protected by paypal.

BTC4Amazon, that is a nice site.  I was not aware of that one.

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
BTC4Amazon

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 03:03:33 AM

I am curious if you can sell bitcoins on ebay by shipping a private key to the buyer on a piece of paper or a physical bitcoin and be protected by paypal.

BTC4Amazon, that is a nice site.  I was not aware of that one.

No there is no way to protect it, people have tried multiple methods. And thanks It would be nice to do business with you.

have a nice day
LTC555

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 03:52:13 AM

If you make it a test listing, no:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230905051121

"Unless you want to pay with Bitcoin or other irreversible payment methods, but absolutely no PayPal - the #1 choice of financial criminals worldwide."

LMAO!!!  nice  Cheesy
paranorman

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 04:53:45 AM

Why bother giving them traffic, most people only found out about bitcoins when they got tired of dealing with ebay/paypal.
Darktongue

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 05:58:10 AM

I would think a physical coin might work. Atleast.Yoy would think so. I mean people sell new DVD/Blu-Ray media that anymore contains an UV digital download. Lots of record labels are starting that as well. And most of the time a tracking number is used for proof of actually shipping eBay side.

Perhaps if physical coins take off and have a market presence one might be able to argue this more. I think however it boils down to what everyone else has said. paypal/ebay doesn't want you useing Bitcoin. It deflects from the bunk service that is that basket case.
paranorman

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 12:59:51 PM

They have a vested interest in you not being able to use bitcoin on their site.
MagicBit15

Activity: 294

Let's Start a Cryptolution!!

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:07:11 PM

I bought one off ebay back a while ago when I made my first order with MtGox and I was impatient. (Wanted too fool around with satoshi dice). Only bought one though til my order came in. Guy had cool protocol.

Had to have 50+ feedback, had to have a facebook page that matches your paypal name, and like his bitcoin page (had like 150 likes) Then sent a three part receipt. One with ur FB name matching ur paypal address, and issuing the blockchain confirm. He said He had only had 2 chargebacks and won both. Again this is his word of mouth, but seemed legit?

Tips for Tips: 1Jy8ZycPNjnwNLevNwoRRqPAKkZ8Fqnukc
I won the poetry contest!! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219714.40 Thank You, Sir Lambert!!
+5 Rep: Successful Forum Transactions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176117.0  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209024.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233052 Check My Rep!!
Doomer

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Rider of comets, and brother to the nebulae

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 10:38:39 PM

Very complicated my friend, God knows if I understood. But, anyway, the huge Paypal and Credit card fees etc etc are a basic reason to adopt Bitcoin in the first place. We'll see...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: