Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:12:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [topic topiary] Trolling thread topologically tossed from the terrane  (Read 6178 times)
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:15:27 AM

I hope this clock is true:
http://www.avalon-asics.com/
I believe it will be.
Hmm, Yeah possibly in mid-Feb.

It will be kind of funny[as in sad] to see them delay once again. RG @ BFL forums was thinking the same thing.

I really want to see how long the hardcore supports at BFL can keep waiting for their deliveries. At least Avalon has the decency to make their planning and stated delays ahead of time.

BFL just waits until the very end to announce the next one. "ha ha"

Did you know your posts are boring?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:34:33 AM

Did you know your posts are boring?

The BFL pre-mature ejaculation image which you saw fit to edit out was one of the more amusing (and 'apropos') ones to have graced bitcointalk.org in a while.  And the production quality exceeded that of many.

---

On roughly the same topic, it would be interesting to see a plot of the months past initial ASIC delivery estimates vs. the number of pre-order 'customers' who sense they have likely been swindled.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 08:49:47 AM

On roughly the same topic, it would be interesting to see a plot of the months past initial ASIC delivery estimates vs. the number of pre-order 'customers' who sense they have likely been swindled.

"Swindled" in what way?  I haven't seen a lot of customers of any of the companies express the belief that they'll never receive their ASICs.  I have seen plenty of people say that if they'd known delivery times would slip this much they would not have pre-ordered, though (because they could have bought more conventional hardware and been mining with it until ASICs were delivered as there's not going to be any massive advantage to having the first ASICs now like there would have been before the block reward halved - BFL, in particular, should be able to fill it's existing pre-orders and go to shipping on order very quickly).  I think that people who weren't relying on ASICs to give them a significant, albeit limited term, advantage are less likely to feel "swindled".

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 08:53:26 AM

The BFL pre-mature ejaculation image which you saw fit to edit out was one of the more amusing (and 'apropos') ones to have graced bitcointalk.org in a while.  And the production quality exceeded that of many.

PuertoLibre forgot to mention that he borrowed it from Butterflylabs Forums: Contest: Ad Week 2 Little Single SC Giveaway

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/dbtgallery.php?do=view_image&id=29&gal=usergallery

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 09:50:21 AM

PuertoLibre forgot to mention that he borrowed it from Butterflylabs Forums: Contest: Ad Week 2 Little Single SC Giveaway

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/dbtgallery.php?do=view_image&id=29&gal=usergallery
Your right! I forgot to get the link to the original poster. It wasn't mine. It was probably made by a BFL customer.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 10:58:11 AM

Your right! I forgot to get the link to the original poster. It wasn't mine. It was probably made by a BFL customer.

Well .. I am a BFL customer ... hint hint  Wink

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 01:06:34 PM

Funny to see how the Avalon ASIC Development status thread is fully taken over by BFL-haters-lovers

Go figure
aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 01:22:04 PM

Funny to see how the Avalon ASIC Development status thread is fully taken over by BFL-haters-lovers

Go figure

This is like the plague, began filling the themes subforum, but now invade other issues that are not yours. All forum full of shit BFL.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 01:29:28 PM

Go figure

Allow me to figure it then.

Time takes place in a sequence, and it's a necessity of this logical construct that each individual partition of these arbitrarily divided moments can only ever be sensibly referenced such that the placement of one event in the sequence is permanent and unchanging. You seem to be implying a subversion of this logic, in that the loving of the BFL haters took place before the haters of the Avalon project began their hostilities. Attempting to re-write historical sequences just to support a bullshit argument makes you a bullshitter. Shut up, or think before you speak. Or look foolish. The choice is yours.

Vires in numeris
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 03:25:06 PM

Time takes place in a sequence, and it's a necessity of this logical construct that each individual partition of these arbitrarily divided moments can only ever be sensibly referenced such that the placement of one event in the sequence is permanent and unchanging.

So causes happen before effects...

Let me guess, you're first in your junior college?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 04:18:30 PM

Time takes place in a sequence, and it's a necessity of this logical construct that each individual partition of these arbitrarily divided moments can only ever be sensibly referenced such that the placement of one event in the sequence is permanent and unchanging.

Hmmm, your reading comprehension appears to be a little challenged here. A simplified summation of my (intentionally sarcastic) over-elaborate description is, in fact, thus:  you can't change the order that events take place once they've already happened (particularly to support bullying cowards who are not even very talented at it). Causal relationships were not even hinted at.

It's helpful to us all if you've actually understood what you're reading before you comment on it. Thank you for your interest, however.

Vires in numeris
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:01:59 PM

Hmmm, your reading comprehension appears to be a little challenged here. A simplified summation of my (intentionally sarcastic) over-elaborate description is, in fact, thus:  you can't change the order that events take place once they've already happened (particularly to support bullying cowards who are not even very talented at it). Causal relationships were not even hinted at.

It's helpful to us all if you've actually understood what you're reading before you comment on it. Thank you for your interest, however.

Note to self: No ever make an mistaken to git into a wit of words wit dis guy. Him good!!! Seriously, I love how you write.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:31:07 PM

You went from racial profiling to calling a customer a "fucking idiot" twice in less than 5 posts. (I am guessing it is five, might be less than that).

To be fair, talking about something being a problem in a particular country is more referring to the laws and culture of that country, and really does have very little to do with race. It has not yet been shown that he specifically targeted a race. It is a simple fact that a person's views of "right" and "wrong" are shaped heavily by the environment they grow up in, which indeed varies between countries, but he didn't even say that people raised in China may be more likely to violate the GPL (which may very well be true), he just made the point about it being difficult to (legally) do anything about such violations.

If you want a recent example: http://www.forum.lepanlife.com/showthread.php?tid=774

So really no diff then the usa 100-200 years ago. We used to copy books and resell them here in the usa with no profits going to england. Many other examples. Eventually you have to change your behavior if you do not want the same things to happen to you by the next up and coming poor country with laws going unenforced or no laws at all.

Eventually it irons itself out.

Even Hollywood was created by IP outlaws:

http://www.cobbles.com/simpp_archive/edison_trust.htm

And look at them now.

"The slave becomes the oppressor when the master dies."

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:43:23 PM

Note to self: No ever make an mistaken to git into a wit of words wit dis guy. Him good!!! Seriously, I love how you write.

Pffff, I would normally reserve this level of ire and indignation for genocidal despots, but the way that Butterfly Labs and their supporters are treating their business competition is nothing short of disgusting. In fact, disgusting doesn't even cover it. Although, as I've said, it's only through pathetic fear of their own inability to deliver the goods.

I really don't understand why it has to fall to me to counter-troll these sperm-donation experiments that call themselves humans. The mods should have banned Josh and his coterie long ago, they're really bad for the atmosphere, it's not anti-democratic or whatever to remove people that just plain stink. I've resisted the temptation to tear into him and his finger puppets for a while, but it's gone beyond disgraceful now. Moderators, please do something.

The only "people" supporting this tool with any enthusiasm are either himself under a whole plethora of poorly individuated accounts, or just very small in numbers. I'd be pretty embarrassed to be waiting on a pre-order from BFL right now, with their main member of staff behaving like a 14 year-old internet troll. Where are you, BFL customers with a half way presentable conscience? What's wrong, are you afraid that this sociopathic moron will turn his vindictive streak against you and your precious investment?

And Josh, bring the fight to me. I dare you. You've not bothered to so far, and it's a wise tactic, as you'd get eaten. Now go and crawl back under your stone, you repulsive excuse for a man.

Vires in numeris
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:21:45 PM

So the historical order of events doesn't change...  Wow...  How profound.

And I took, or mistook, your other statements regarding BFL and Avalon zealots to be a statement on one being caused by the other, a slight change from the stated story, the other causing the one, which was the point of your critique.  The only thing I'm really telling you is, your writing style is as distasteful as battery acid.
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:35:31 PM

So the historical order of events doesn't change...  Wow...  How profound.

Yeah, I was blown away by this astounding revelation.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 12:02:33 AM

And I took, or mistook, your other statements regarding BFL and Avalon zealots to be a statement on one being caused by the other, a slight change from the stated story, the other causing the one, which was the point of your critique.  

Um, pardon? You've still failed to understand a paragraph written in what I'm hoping isn't your native language, and you're still attempting to make a meaningful comment about it, which is so unnecessarily convoluted that it actually appears to be a tacit commendation of my "battery-acid writing" (straight out of the Monkey Island crappy insults pile there, nice). Why bother aping my style if it's so unworthy? And just to set you totally straight: it only functions as an effective denigration technique if there's actually meaningful content as well as smart-assed meandering. Fuck off.

Vires in numeris
oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 12:13:36 AM

@Carlton Banks: Can you try not so hard to prove your intelligence ? If you're really smart you'd refrain from comparing your intelligence with others. That being said I think Josh has every right to comment on this forum like he did so, initially in reference to the Avalon product, so I'm glad you're not a moderator, otherwise you'd erase posts just like Josh does on the BFL forums(or so I read around here..)

I'm not an Avalon customer, but I'm interested in the progress of their product, therefore I'd like to ask everyone to keep this thread clean of non-necessary information as its getting pretty hard to go through all pages for a useful post, please take it in your PM's or open new thread. Thank you!
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 12:30:26 AM

I'm not an Avalon customer, but I'm interested in the progress of their product, therefore I'd like to ask everyone to keep this thread clean of non-necessary information as its getting pretty hard to go through all pages for a useful post, please take it in your PM's or open new thread. Thank you!
+ about 1,000,000 for this thread

Seriously can people stop posting non Avalon crap in here so that others don't have to reply to the crap.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 12:43:14 AM

@Carlton Banks: Can you try not so hard to prove your intelligence ?

And what is it that makes you think I'm putting in an abnormal effort?

If you're really smart you'd refrain from comparing your intelligence with others.

Qualify this assertion. Oh, and check out this bit of (fairly smart) self deprecation:

...actually meaningful content as well as smart-assed meandering

Really? You're talking to the wrong person/multiple personality disorder sufferer then. This bad loser known as Josh/Inaba/too-many-more-to-mention has been littering these pages with his crass bullying for months now, and he seems to be doing it just for the sake of it as there is no realistic prospect of affecting anyone's business this late in the game. I suspect his sense of helplessness to make an actual contribution to his company's project is probably behind this (pathetic, isn't it). As soon as he stops treating this like a wall pissing contest, I will leave him and his shill accounts alone. Oh, and see my previous post about how events take place in the same order they happened, no matter what distortion suits your argument, you'd do well to gain some appreciation of the fact

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: