Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:59:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NOW AVAILABLE] BTChip / Ledger HW1 : Bitcoin Hardware Wallet in a USB smartcard  (Read 62446 times)
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 08:32:34 PM

I think that unless we find an awesome deal with DHL, UPS, Fedex and the like (which is somewhat unlikely) we'll stick with national post, which means that from my previous experience it's best to stick to the smallest possible package to maximize the chances of quick delivery (or delivery at all - although I'm eagerly waiting for the initial US delivery reports regarding our next decisions) - also it's quite hard to damage the cards, if you're stuck by lightning they'll probably outlive you  Grin
Well, you make a legitimate point there. Shipping can be really expensive and the cards survived the trip to here, so it should be all good. Anyway, do as you think is best and keep it up. You are doing a great job! Grin

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:24:42 PM

great review bitcoininformation!

it would be great that the hw1 had its own enviroment like trezor with mytrezor
btchip (OP)

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 11:33:26 PM

it would be great that the hw1 had its own enviroment like trezor with mytrezor

that's not planned - as it, not in a production environment, rather as an integration test. It's good enough to get additional third party wallets support, in my opinion.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 02:09:34 AM

Will you ever make an NFC version?

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:12:26 AM

If not, there is always Helioscard too.
btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 05:17:56 AM

it's very likely. We already have picked a vendor that can do USB + NFC in one single package (our trademark  Cool), and might even have a test form factor. Let's see how popular this can be and how it works (NFC might also not prove to be reliable enough, power stability wise)

If not, there is always Helioscard too.

that might be right when they have a specification, an HD Wallet, deterministic signatures and proof that the card understands what it's signing, at least to be able to use some hard limits such as maximum amount / maximum fees / maximum change if not using a second factor to display the full transaction information (which is totally doable with NFC only if you check the 'open source' link in my signature).

sorry, I have huge respect for Trezor and what they built from the ground up only with community roots, but I'm going to go back to my old trolling self on Helioscard as we obviously come from the same world  Grin

gabridome

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:26:16 AM

If you guys are interested I also hve made a personal review of the product here.
btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 09:27:20 AM

yes, already in first post, thanks Smiley

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 06:29:40 PM

It is telling that order is expired even after sending BTC. Embarrassed Huh Can you tell me why it is showing like that? Is it because of the confirmation? Will it be okay after it get some confirmations? Order reference : 06e84be6-4dfc-454f-8f8f-6be1f368f521 . TX : 0fa9d42f3704b22796cd7c494d0dfa4de236f401de5b9fbc1cb26049ba0e2013. Thanks!

~~MZ~~

mmeijeri

Activity: 714

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:27:36 PM

The firmware update for the 64 bit Windows drivers doesn't work, the zip file appears to be an HTML page saved under the wrong name. I also noticed that the FAQ is out of date, it says that the firmware cannot be updated.

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 10:05:30 PM

It is telling that order is expired even after sending BTC. Embarrassed Huh Can you tell me why it is showing like that? Is it because of the confirmation? Will it be okay after it get some confirmations? Order reference : 06e84be6-4dfc-454f-8f8f-6be1f368f521 . TX : 0fa9d42f3704b22796cd7c494d0dfa4de236f401de5b9fbc1cb26049ba0e2013. Thanks!

~~MZ~~

yes, that transaction seems weird. Was it "pushed" by blockchain.info ? It seems that's the only reference seeing it.

The firmware update for the 64 bit Windows drivers doesn't work, the zip file appears to be an HTML page saved under the wrong name. I also noticed that the FAQ is out of date, it says that the firmware cannot be updated.

the driver part should be fixed, thanks

mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:16:09 PM

the driver part should be fixed, thanks

Thanks! I've installed the new driver, but I'm not sure how to upgrade the firmware with it.

btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 10:27:24 PM

This topic exclusive  Grin https://firmwareupdate.hardwarewallet.com - let me know how it goes.

If you have an old firmware, you'll probably need to retry a few times before it works.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 10:45:09 PM

This topic exclusive  Grin https://firmwareupdate.hardwarewallet.com - let me know how it goes.

If you have an old firmware, you'll probably need to retry a few times before it works.
Firmware update 1.4.10 successful
So, it worked, for me at least, but I could have the latest firmware already, no idea (and I didn't check before updating). What did firmware update include by the way?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 10:47:23 PM

Nothing if you received a fresh card - it's a way to update previously distributed test cards (after the San Jose 2013 conference - I still don't have a clean way to update those) to the latest firmware.

mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:18:57 PM

This topic exclusive  Grin https://firmwareupdate.hardwarewallet.com - let me know how it goes.

It works!!! I had to try it a couple of times, and reset my PC a couple of times, but it did work eventually. I also had to install the modified KryptoKit first in order to be able to block the device by entering an incorrect PIN three times in a row.

zefir
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:43:23 AM

@btchip: do you intend to use this thread also for support, or prefer to be bothered at your dedicated support email address?

I'll start here, since it might be interesting for others - will delete if you prefer it done over other channels.

Received my 2 HW.1 wallets and started playing with them using your btchip-c-api. As a first use case I want to test the recovery of the wallet (e.g. after entering wrong pin 3 times), but fail with interpreting the generated seed. The setup step for a wallet initiated by command
Code:
./btchip_setup "WALLET" "RFC6979" "" "" "31323334" "" "QWERTY" "" "" ""
returns as second factor a 129 digit key, which seems to be a 64 byte hex string followed by a capital X.

Obviously this is not the seed parameter that is expected by the btchip_setup command to restore a wallet.

Not sure if the c-api is kept up-to-date or there is some additional information for developers available (beside the API documentation).

Thanks for feedback.

btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:46:09 AM

No problem, you can use this thread, especially for information that's useful for everybody.

The second factor is indeed the 64 bytes seed that you can provide in the setup command.

The documentation might not be up to date regarding the final X, I'll have a look - this was added recently

SikoSoft

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:54:49 PM

Sadly, I have not been able to get my BTChip to work. Sad

The setup says everything went fine and that it's ready to use, but when I restart the GreenAddress and try to log in via hardware wallet, it always rejects my pin code. I first tried with a 32 digit number, then a 4 digit; no luck with either. I've reset it various times but no matter what I do, I just cannot log in with it.

I feel caught in a endless cycle of resetting it by pulling it out 3 times, setting it up again and hoping it works. So far no luck.

Anyone else have this issue?
SikoSoft

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:13:54 PM

Thought I'd post an update to clarify that I resolved the issue I was having.

I was under the impression when it said the setup was complete... that it was... well, complete. I didn't realize that I had to also continue farther in the process by ticking a box and clicking a button to continue once the hardware was setup. If you abort at the point of only configuring the chip it *will not work*, you need to finish the whole process. This was my goof.

However, I did seem to run into a different snag. In Green Address there is another icon (not pictured in the screen shots posted here) which allows you to use a hardware seed instead of the string of words. The process for configuring the hardware goes smooth, but then it tells you to unplug the chip (so you can backup the seed on another device). At this point, when you put the chip back in and click the button to continue, the process will hang on the logging-you-in part, where it says something about 2FA but just remains frozen saying it is logging you in. I was able to reproduce this each and every time I tried. I suspect there is a problem during this process after it needs you to remove the chip (this is when I suspect the process breaks, when the chip is inserted back in, the app presumably is back to the phase where the hardware is configured but the process wasn't finished so the login fails). It seems to be a catch 22 here.

Has anyone managed to use the hardware seed with success in Green Address?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: