Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:47:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NOW AVAILABLE] BTChip / Ledger HW1 : Bitcoin Hardware Wallet in a USB smartcard  (Read 62446 times)
nomnomnom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:18:57 AM

There shouldn't be an issue to use those funds, so I'm afraid the answer lies probably in the middle with a BTChip Python bug dealing with long input scripts (around here) . I'll test that, might take a few days due to long trips.

Ok sounds good. No hurry, take your time  Cool

This should have been addressed in my latest updates. Can you pull btchip-python and retest ?

Sorry have just seen your post now, can confirm, seems to work fine! Thank you very much Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 01:57:26 PM

I'd need to retest on Windows at some point, there are a lot of reasons why accessing the dongle from Python could fail.

I am in no hurry. Take your time. Smiley

Is there any way to import an address? Any developer options to do it?

P.S. I tried BTChip with Greenaddress wallet but there is no option to send BTC to many address at a time. Sad

~~MZ~~

btchip (OP)

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 12:34:22 PM

I'd need to retest on Windows at some point, there are a lot of reasons why accessing the dongle from Python could fail.

I am in no hurry. Take your time. Smiley

Is there any way to import an address? Any developer options to do it?

you can import an arbitrary key in developer mode, but then you have to do everything in developer mode (i.e. you are actually signing arbitrary data, without checking anything about the transaction)

P.S. I tried BTChip with Greenaddress wallet but there is no option to send BTC to many address at a time. Sad

~~MZ~~

I don't think there's support for that - also the dongle only supports verifying one payment output (+ one change output) when using the internal second factor (this is not an issue for GreenAddress considering its very specific use case)

(edit : there's no support for it in the app, but it's supported in the API or through a BIP 70 request)

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 12:44:07 PM

you can import an arbitrary key in developer mode, but then you have to do everything in developer mode (i.e. you are actually signing arbitrary data, without checking anything about the transaction)

Sorry for asking a dump question : Which wallet should I use to do this? Or should I have to use BTChip-python/C/java - I am not used to this but I can give it a try? Any documentation?

I don't think there's support for that - also the dongle only supports verifying one payment output (+ one change output) when using the internal second factor (this is not an issue for GreenAddress considering its very specific use case)

Why can't it verify the outputs/inputs one by one? Will it be supported in future?

~~MZ~~

btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 06:34:57 PM

Sorry for asking a dump question : Which wallet should I use to do this? Or should I have to use BTChip-python/C/java - I am not used to this but I can give it a try? Any documentation?

You're basically on your own with that - the C API @ https://github.com/LedgerHQ/btchip-c-api is the most documented one with all developer mode functions implemented (btchip_importPrivateKey, btchip_deriveBip32Key, btchip_getPublicKey, btchip_signImmediate). All those functions are well described in the API documentation @ https://ledgerhq.github.io/btchip-doc/bitcoin-technical.html#_developer_mode_apdus

Why can't it verify the outputs/inputs one by one? Will it be supported in future?

~~MZ~~

it doesn't verify outputs (not important for inputs as they're cumulated) one by one because then you'd have to remove / insert the dongle for each output, which is kind of annoying. It's not a technical limitation, more a design limitation. I plan to add this in a future firmware version, maybe not for this product though.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 01:39:40 PM

You're basically on your own with that - the C API @ https://github.com/LedgerHQ/btchip-c-api is the most documented one with all developer mode functions implemented (btchip_importPrivateKey, btchip_deriveBip32Key, btchip_getPublicKey, btchip_signImmediate). All those functions are well described in the API documentation @ https://ledgerhq.github.io/btchip-doc/bitcoin-technical.html#_developer_mode_apdus

Thanks! I used it. I could create a wallet in normal mode to test but now I want to change it to Developer mode and I am getting some errors. How can I wipe the dongle? I entered 3 invalid pins in a row but I didn't see anything about 'wipe'. What is developer key?

P.S. I think 'wipe pin' can be used to create a new seed and what is the pin? Is wipe pin and user pin same but in different places when typing? I think btchip_setOperationMode can be used to change the mode, so this will suffice my need. I found this on the guide:

The dongle must be physically reset following this command if switching to a different mode than the current mode.

How to reset the dongle physically? Huh

Additional description of setup parameters : When enabled, RFC 6979 deterministic signatures will be used for all operations in wallet, relaxed wallet and server modes.
RFC 6979 deterministic signatures are always available in developer mode.

Note : Using deterministic signatures will make the signing process slower and could possibly create a larger
side channel attack surface due to the way private keys are handled during the computation of the
random value. We suggest to only enable this mode if you don’t trust the chip hardware Random
Number Generator or are sure of understanding the risks.

Can you explain please? Smiley

it doesn't verify outputs (not important for inputs as they're cumulated) one by one because then you'd have to remove / insert the dongle for each output, which is kind of annoying. It's not a technical limitation, more a design limitation. I plan to add this in a future firmware version, maybe not for this product though.

Hmm... Sad Noob : Can I create a TX from online wallet and then sign the raw TX using BTChip?

~~MZ~~

btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 12:16:55 AM

Thanks! I used it. I could create a wallet in normal mode to test but now I want to change it to Developer mode and I am getting some errors. How can I wipe the dongle? I entered 3 invalid pins in a row but I didn't see anything about 'wipe'. What is developer key?

Entering 3 invalid PINs in a row will wipe it (i.e. reset the seed and you start with a fresh dongle). The developer key is the Triple DES key used to encrypt private keys that go out of the dongle in developer mode.

P.S. I think 'wipe pin' can be used to create a new seed and what is the pin? Is wipe pin and user pin same but in different places when typing? I think btchip_setOperationMode can be used to change the mode, so this will suffice my need. I found this on the guide:

You can ignore the wipe PIN as it'll be changed soon - for the time being, when entered, it changes the seed to a random value permanently.

in order to use the developer mode, you need to setup the dongle with this mode authorized (i.e. WALLET+DEVELOPER if using the C API if you want to use both). Then you can switch modes with btchip_setOperationMode

The dongle must be physically reset following this command if switching to a different mode than the current mode.

How to reset the dongle physically? Huh

That's the entering-3-wrong-PINs-thing

Additional description of setup parameters : When enabled, RFC 6979 deterministic signatures will be used for all operations in wallet, relaxed wallet and server modes.
RFC 6979 deterministic signatures are always available in developer mode.

Note : Using deterministic signatures will make the signing process slower and could possibly create a larger
side channel attack surface due to the way private keys are handled during the computation of the
random value. We suggest to only enable this mode if you don’t trust the chip hardware Random
Number Generator or are sure of understanding the risks.

Can you explain please? Smiley

RFC6979 uses an ECC private key as a message component passed to a HMAC, which is not something you usually do - it'll break the "balanced" algorithms, trying to mask the values of private keys as they go from flash to RAM to the cryptoprocessor on a smartcard. So it might open more subtle attacks, but it's too popular to be ignored in Bitcoin space, so it's always used Smiley

Hmm... Sad Noob : Can I create a TX from online wallet and then sign the raw TX using BTChip?

~~MZ~~

Depending how the wallet is implemented, you can. This is what's done with Coinkite co-signing solution for example (sample over there https://github.com/BitMEX/btchip-signing-tools)

viking02

Activity: 770

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:55:28 AM

how is this compared to trezor?

how fast does it ship to east coast usa?

is it very easy for someone that is not computer savy?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 07:48:52 AM

how is this compared to trezor?

it's cheaper, based on a smartcard, but doesn't have a screen or buttons. Functionally speaking it does the same thing differently.

how fast does it ship to east coast usa?

between one and two weeks

is it very easy for someone that is not computer savy?

it's reasonably easy (especially with GreenAddress) but for the easiest experience we offer the Ledger Wallet, based on the same technology with significantly more polish.

viking02

Activity: 770

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:52:36 AM

whats the usd cost for ledger hw1 vs ledgerwallet?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 03:20:11 PM

Please help me! BTChip is working with electrum now and I imported 2 private keys. After that, I tried to sign messages but I am getting errors. Any solution?

~~MZ~~

btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 07:30:07 PM

whats the usd cost for ledger hw1 vs ledgerwallet?

around half of it

Please help me! BTChip is working with electrum now and I imported 2 private keys. After that, I tried to sign messages but I am getting errors. Any solution?

~~MZ~~

that's weird, it shouldn't be using the chip to sign that as the keys are not in it. It should deny key imports for this wallet.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 07:30:39 PM

Kryptokit not working! Know why? You can concentrate on electrum now, reply when you are free. Smiley

Image : http://gyazo.com/4f65e857958bd7c55add1d8d06cbb4cd

~~MZ~~

btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 03:38:19 PM

Kryptokit not working! Know why? You can concentrate on electrum now, reply when you are free. Smiley

Image : http://gyazo.com/4f65e857958bd7c55add1d8d06cbb4cd

~~MZ~~

still working here, what's your OS and Chrome version ?

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 03:52:05 PM

still working here, what's your OS and Chrome version ?

I'm on Windows 7 using Chrome latest version. I will check whether it is working with Chrome Canary.

~~MZ~~

btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 06:21:44 PM

Did you try to remove it and reinstall it ? It looks like a filesystem corruption.

ddepker

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:18:36 AM

There is an option for using security keys when trying to log in to Google.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6103523?hl=en

Is it possible to use the HW.1 key to secure my Google account while also using it to secure my Bitcoin wallet?
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 07:35:01 AM

For your information :

FYI it'll be possible to use the Ledger Wallet interface with HW.1 and the next firmware release with some additional setup. It'll also be possible to buy our next hardware wallets with a discount if you own a HW.1 or a Ledger Wallet.

~~MZ~~

Voltarius

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Mercurial

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:55:32 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2015, 07:25:00 PM by Voltarius

Seems like a good project, keep it up and I hope these smart cards can get made!
btchip (OP)

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 03:47:23 AM

There is an option for using security keys when trying to log in to Google.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6103523?hl=en

Is it possible to use the HW.1 key to secure my Google account while also using it to secure my Bitcoin wallet?

no, it's unfortunately not possible. The U2F implementation is done on a different firmware version requiring attestation keys that are installed at factory personalization time

Seems like a good project, keep it up and I hope these smart cards can get made! Smiley

well the cards are made and actually quite popular at TNABC Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: