Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:35:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: True Goal of Satoshi  (Read 6900 times)
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 04, 2010, 12:02:34 AM

Feel free to offer your suggestions/ideas. ^true^  Perhaps additionally use imagery (worth 1,000 words) or animation/video if you're creative. ^goal^

Note: There are two almost identical emoticons in this post.  Can you spot them?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joe

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2010, 07:30:08 AM

Feel free to offer your suggestions/ideas. ^true^  Perhaps additionally use imagery (worth 1,000 words) or animation/video if you're creative. ^goal^

Note: There are two almost identical emoticons in this post.  Can you spot them?
I think so,

^true^ and ^goal^

Am I right? What do I win?

1MSSyE3zsZUsbfTNrtRb9WvxGvY8fLRXij
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 04, 2010, 09:21:38 AM

True goal of satoshi is to get people to speculate what true goal of satoshi is.

Seriously, some people might find it fun to speculate but it's not relevant to anything. The code is open source and we know that (with one exception) there is nothing in there that treats satoshi differently from anyone else. The one exception is that only satoshi can sign the "update available" message for the standard client, but that's no big deal.

So everyone should just look at whether bitcoin works for them, and not worry about how it works for anyone else.

I don't think satoshi has any kind of evil plan, because evil people have much easier ways to get what they want than to do something that's an intellectual master feat. And even if satoshi was evil personified, it wouldn't make any difference. It's the protocol you need to look at, not the personalities.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
October 04, 2010, 10:20:30 AM

World domination.

And he has promise me Ill be the second in charge. Muhahahahahaaaaa!!!!

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
LZ
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072

P2P Cryptocurrency

View Profile
October 04, 2010, 11:47:20 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2010, 11:59:06 AM by lzsaver

Am I right? What do I win?
You are not right.

Maybe . ^ and . ^?

My OpenPGP fingerprint: 5099EB8C0F2E68C63B4ECBB9A9D0993E04143362
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
October 04, 2010, 03:44:57 PM

The Bitcoin genesis block contains a newspaper headline, which is supposed to anchor the start of the chain in real time. The choice of headline gives some insight into the project's purpose, I think:
The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 04, 2010, 05:05:09 PM

It may sound presomptuous but I think I have quite an accurate idea of what Satoshi's goal is.

I've been thinking about digital money for quite some time now.  At least two years.  First it was because I was curious about the main theoretical problem :  what is the best way to send money through internet ?  Why can't we send money via email ?   Then it was because I was disgusted by the banking oligarchy and the "too big to fail".   While I was imaging the concept, I came to the conclusion that one should use asymetric key pairs to indentify every single monetary unit, and that the knowledge of a private key would equal the ownership of the associated monetary unit.  I couldn't find a way to get out of the centralized server concept, though. 

When I red Satoshi's white paper, it kind of freed my mind from this reflexion theme.  Now I don't have to think about it anymore, since Satoshi has found the solution with his very clever decentralized time server idea.  The fact that Satoshi's idea is exactly what I was looking for, makes me think he had the same initial goal :  creating an efficient and rational way to transfer value on internet.

Is there any political/activist intent from him ?  I don't know.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm a very liberal person and an enthousiast supporter of free market and individual freedom.  I guess Satoshi is too, but I can't speak for him, obviously.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 04, 2010, 07:01:11 PM

Sure...

^true^  and  ^goal^

But why use two different, but otherwise identical, image urls to write an emoticon?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2010, 07:24:33 PM

SATOSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
why don't you comment?
We are soooooooooooooooooooooooo curious!

Anonymous

October 04, 2010, 11:48:09 PM

Governments and bankers want to create a cashless system where all your money goes to them and you use a debit card to spend the little bit they decide to give you after they take tax and fees out. This also means they can track everything you ever buy down to the smallest purchase. It also means control in that if you disobey they can cut you off and you cant participate in the economy. Bitcoin puts the control back in the hands of the people where it belongs. I dont know what Satoshi's purpose is but anything that removes the potential of the first scenario cant be too bad in my books.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 06:07:13 PM

Maybe we should just ask Satoshi why he did it. Wink

grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 06:12:45 PM

I also think he did it in order to rule the world, as any nerd secretly plans to.

nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 06:13:06 PM

I do not know Satoshi or what type or person he is. Heck, I don't even know if he is a person Smiley I do believe that at the very least he has that sarcastic smile (if his physical existence, having on, so allows) every time he reads about how he's out to save the world from the bad guys or rather out to be the baddest of these guys.

In his position, I would milk this to the limit, and would hold back on responding for as long as there were witty remarks. Even better, leave that to be answered on his autobiography, which you will only be able to buy using bitcoins.
The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 08:21:36 PM

The more I think about Satoshi, the more I think his name is an alias.

Someone smart enough to develop Bitcoin wouldn't be stupid enough to put his real name on it. No judgments here. I would probably do the exact same thing. Smiley

For those of you who assume he lives in Japan; he could be anywhere in the world. I'd like to know how this assumption was made. Tongue
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 08:43:29 PM

In his position, I would milk this to the limit, and would hold back on responding for as long as there were witty remarks. Even better, leave that to be answered on his autobiography, which you will only be able to buy using bitcoins.

A Satoshi's biography would certainly be a best seller in the bitcoin community.  And it would be a nice experiment for my model of selling information using bitcoins (see http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344.0)

He could sell his bio for 100BTC a paragraph, for instance Smiley

grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 09:01:20 PM

The more I think about Satoshi, the more I think his name is an alias.

Someone smart enough to develop Bitcoin wouldn't be stupid enough to put his real name on it. No judgments here. I would probably do the exact same thing. Smiley

On the contrary I very much think it's his real name.

However smart you are, it's pretty difficult to immediately realise how smart are the things you make when you make them.  Satoshi used this name "Satoshi Nakamoto", from the very beginning.  I doubt it was an alias.  He wouldn't have picked such a rather boring alias, anyway.  He would have chosen some cultural reference of some sort.  Not a plain common japanese name.

I also think he's japanese, even if he probably lives in US.

S3052
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 09:31:51 PM

on the other hand, unless he has not read any of this thread, he should reply here and say what the truth is.

If he doesn't it's scary.

grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 09:43:04 PM

on the other hand, unless he has not read any of this thread, he should reply here and say what the truth is.

If he doesn't it's scary.

Yeah he's actually the antechrist, coming on earth to bring us the evil numbers.

Isn't there a part in the apocalypse, where humans will use numbers as money and will thus be enslaved by the beast ?

I'm just kidding, don't worry.  I don't believe in those stuffs.
Smiley

The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 09:45:48 PM

I disagree. If you were trying to hide you would choose the most common name available.

I doubt it was an alias.  He wouldn't have picked such a rather boring alias, anyway.  He would have chosen some cultural reference of some sort.  Not a plain common japanese name.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 09:59:00 PM

found Satoshi:
its a she!  Grin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000511382377&ref=search

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: