Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:04:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments  (Read 248020 times)
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:02:09 PM

http://myBitWorth.com has added support for Direct Shares.  You can use Havelock as a reference for your direct shares: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318306.msg3481788#msg3481788

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 09:33:40 PM

The Panama Fund, SA has been registered and licensed since 2008 with Superintendencia del Mercado de Valores (English: Superintendency of Securities Market)  as a Sociedades de Inversión Privadas (English: Private Investment Company).
http://www.supervalores.gob.pa/files/Sociedades/Sociedades_Inversion_Privada_DRA.pdf

There will be a FAQ page posted on Havelock later this week addressing further questions and concerns.

...and a slightly more informative, and *much* lulzier link (English: Universal Shell 4 Every Occasion): http://ohuiginn.net/panama/company/id/610201 (English: Click on directors FTW)

Those directors are pretty busy directing something like 20 different companies. Such inveterate entrepreneurs!
lightbox (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:31:36 AM

Question on Canadianbitcoins I only see Cash options, is there still a way to get mailed a cheque?

We should have cheque options re-enabled within a few weeks. Had to re-order new cheques from our bank due to the bank changing a few things on us without notice....

In the meantime, direct deposit is a much faster option! (and free!)

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:52:24 PM

Hey James....couple things. the promo code pricing when selling bitcoins on Canadianbitcoins.com seems to get stripped when i hit "continue", and the contact phone # on the site is out of service...

sent a "help!" email to info@

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:00:23 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2013, 04:41:59 PM by crumbs

The Panama Fund, SA has been registered and licensed since 2008 with Superintendencia del Mercado de Valores (English: Superintendency of Securities Market)  as a Sociedades de Inversión Privadas (English: Private Investment Company).
http://www.supervalores.gob.pa/files/Sociedades/Sociedades_Inversion_Privada_DRA.pdf

There will be a FAQ page posted on Havelock later this week addressing further questions and concerns.

...and a slightly more informative, and *much* lulzier link (English: Universal Shell 4 Every Occasion): http://ohuiginn.net/panama/company/id/610201 (English: Click on directors FTW)

Those directors are pretty busy directing something like 20 different companies. Such inveterate entrepreneurs!

See "Shelf corporation."  20 companies is nothing, that's a baby.
See here how my compats do it (2,000 corps!) Cheesy
Aahzman

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:35:38 PM

Hey James....couple things. the promo code pricing when selling bitcoins on Canadianbitcoins.com seems to get stripped when i hit "continue", and the contact phone # on the site is out of service...

s'all good now. temporary phone fudgery. :-)

Aahzman

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:36:23 PM

Once again, LightBox/Havelock/CanadianBitcoins impresses with fast response, good customer service, and great attitude. :-)

lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 06:59:58 PM

promo codes are no long active
our phone system was down, its fixed now

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:17:32 PM

Question on Canadianbitcoins I only see Cash options, is there still a way to get mailed a cheque?

We should have cheque options re-enabled within a few weeks. Had to re-order new cheques from our bank due to the bank changing a few things on us without notice....

In the meantime, direct deposit is a much faster option! (and free!)

Good to see you Lightbox been a while Smiley
And ya the banks can be a challenge but I'm glad that your still fighting ^_^

I might be tempted finally to convert to direct deposit if the price keeps going up ha-ha been stubborn for a while Cheesy

Thanks for addressing the promo-code question I was wondering about it for a while now, never got a reply back whistle

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:50:57 AM

Guys, don't you want implement some "locked withdrawal wallet" or "linked wallet" option like btct had? Or something like that?

Because now the only thing that ensure connection between me and my shares is email address.

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:25:45 PM

hey guys whats wrong with your API? ive been testing an application that polls your site so that I can track asset movements.

I use an adaptive algorithm that polls the ticker data no less than once every ten seconds.
for inactive stocks it can poll as slowly as once every 10 minutes.

anyways as far as I can remember there were no polling frequency limits when I last read the API doco  (most sites like Gox have a limit of 10 seconds)

my IP address has now been banned by havelock... so I cant check the API documentation, cant report tickers, cant trade stocks..

if I had an S$$$ tonne of money tied up on your exchange I would be majory pissed by now..

no warnings, no details on polling limits, no info on the ban page..

what gives?

Cheers...

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:28:22 PM

hey guys whats wrong with your API? ive been polling it so that I can track asset movements.

I use an adaptive algorithm that polls the ticker data no less than once every ten seconds.

anyways as far as I can remember there were no polling frequency limits when I last read the API doco  (most sites like Gox have a limit of 10 seconds)

my IP address has now been banned by havelock... so I cant check the API documentation, cant report tickers, cant trade stocks..

if I had an S$$$ tonne of money tied up on your exchange I would be majory pissed by now..

what gives?

Cheers...

I know that someone was bombarding HL with API requests a few days ago. Maybe you had a glitch and polled too hard?
Alphi

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:37:12 PM

I know that someone was bombarding HL with API requests a few days ago. Maybe you had a glitch and polled too hard?

that is why I ask the question how hard is too hard...

I'm fairly sure I don't have a glitch.. the polling algorithm is the same for multiple exchanges and this is the only one that locked me out..

anyways I'm more interested in figuring out how I can get off the ban list, or whether it comes off automatically after a period and what the hard limits are so that I can stick within the speed limit..
I thought I'd play safe and use a 10 second hard limit ( as per the GOX) but that obviously didn't work.

also just bringing it to the Havelock devs attention that the way they currently have the system it completely locks a person out from accessing their assets. (unless they change their IP address) rather than just locking them out of the API. kinda makes the whole API thing (ie Trade bots) pointless if a developer can no longer develop for the system nor read the API doco.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:57:22 AM

Guys, don't you want implement some "locked withdrawal wallet" or "linked wallet" option like btct had? Or something like that?

Because now the only thing that ensure connection between me and my shares is email address.

This. HI appears to be lacking core security features which makes me wary of doing any trading there.

E.g. options to require auth to withdraw, buy and sell. Locked btc addres to withdraw to. Btc address to associate shares with. Last I checked I didn't see any of those (correct me if I'm wrong).
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:26:28 PM

Are there currently problems with 2FA? I am trying to log in but I get his:

Code:
Problem with Google 2FA: Invalid characters in the base32 string.

Code's ok, and it's all numbers so no invalid characters.
lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 04:40:56 AM

hey guys whats wrong with your API? ive been testing an application that polls your site so that I can track asset movements.

what gives?

Cheers...

It only firewalls on FAILED LOGIN ATTEMPTS... so... either you failed logging in one too many times, or you somehow pissed cloudflare off and they forced a captcha on you.  The firewall applied on failed logins automatically clears after a short period.

lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 04:45:41 AM

This. HI appears to be lacking core security features which makes me wary of doing any trading there.

E.g. options to require auth to withdraw, buy and sell. Locked btc addres to withdraw to. Btc address to associate shares with. Last I checked I didn't see any of those (correct me if I'm wrong).

These are all planned for the near-future, and were indeed planned many months ago, then everything got put on hold pending the unknown legal situation, which is now resolved.  Now that The Panama Fund has taken over the day-to-day operations and brought in the much needed legal team and is providing all the required licensing, we can get back to moving development forward!

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:16:45 PM

These are all planned for the near-future, and were indeed planned many months ago, then everything got put on hold pending the unknown legal situation, which is now resolved.  Now that The Panama Fund has taken over the day-to-day operations and brought in the much needed legal team and is providing all the required licensing, we can get back to moving development forward!

Awesome.

I admit, I'm intrigued by how you're planning on resolving the SEC issues, not to mention other countries security commissions, without a formal verification process. I appreciate the Panama-USA securities situation to an extent but my knowledge isn't deep enough to appreciate if that's sufficient. I certainly presume issuer requirements will be much more stringent.
Alphi

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:28:54 AM

It only firewalls on FAILED LOGIN ATTEMPTS... so... either you failed logging in one too many times, or you somehow pissed cloudflare off and they forced a captcha on you.  The firewall applied on failed logins automatically clears after a short period.

Thanks for the reply... to be clear I wasn't logging into the Havelock website nor was my application.. it was only collecting public ticker information from the JSON api calls.

The cloud host blocked my IP address without any recourse.. no captcha.. no explanation, no place to send emails queries etc..  nothing.. just a page saying Your IP address has been blocked buy Havelock.

anyways Long story short and for anyone else involved in developing bots for this site. the block was lifted several days (maybe a week) later...

I'll have another look at my code and try to reduce the IP traffic even further.

cheers.

bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:35:14 AM

BIG REQUEST!!!!!

Can you pleeeeeease add a calculator to the trading platform.

It is such a simple necessity, when buying or selling you put in shares and the price and it tells you the total. So Simple.

I don't want to have to click 'Place Buy Order' to see the total first. Then have to cancel and go back and do it again.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Please.

Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: