Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:56:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is booming in Israel  (Read 13551 times)
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 06:30:51 AM

Isreal is kind of the finance capital of the world, Its no surprise its taking off there as much as it has.

NY, London and HK. Tel Aviv is far behind.

Yeah. Where did you get that Israel capital?
Israel is "the startup nation", but that's something else entirely.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Fool

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 07:27:38 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2013, 07:41:15 AM by The Fool

Isreal is kind of the finance capital of the world, Its no surprise its taking off there as much as it has.

NY, London and HK. Tel Aviv is far behind.

Yeah. Where did you get that Israel capital?
Israel is "the startup nation", but that's something else entirely.
70% of the land in Israel is owned by the Rothschild banking dynasty whom founded central banking as we know it by making loans to governments. IIRC, the Rothschild family was part of the founding of the current Israeli state.

Knowing that, it makes sense to associate Israel with banking.

"After the death of James Jacob de Rothschild in 1868, Alphonse Rothschild, his eldest son, who took over the management of the family bank, was the most active in support for Eretz Israel.[30] The Rothschild family archives show that during the 1870s the family contributed nearly 500,000 francs per year on behalf of Eastern Jewry to the Alliance Israélite Universelle.[31] Baron Edmond James de Rothschild, James Jacob de Rothschild's youngest son was a patron of the first settlement in Palestine at Rishon-LeZion, and bought from Ottoman landlords parts of the land which now makes up present-day Israel. In 1924, he established the Palestine Jewish Colonization Association (PICA), which acquired more than 125,000 acres (22,36 km²) of land and set up business ventures.[32] In Tel Aviv, he has a road, Rothschild Boulevard, named after him as well as various localities throughout Israel which he assisted in founding including Metulla, Zikhron Ya'akov, Rishon Lezion, and Rosh Pina. A park in Boulogne-Billancourt, Paris, the Parc Edmond de Rothschild (Edmond de Rothschild Park) is also named after its founder.[33] The Rothschilds also played a significant part in the funding of Israel's governmental infrastructure. James A. de Rothschild financed the Knesset building as a gift to the State of Israel[34] and the Supreme Court of Israel building was donated to Israel by Dorothy de Rothschild.[35] Outside the President's Chamber is displayed the letter Mrs. Rothschild wrote to the then current Prime Minister Shimon Peres expressing her intention to donate a new building for the Supreme Court."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschild_family#Jewish_identity_and_positions_on_Zionism

Yep, they weren't only part of it, they pretty much launched it out-of-pocket.
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 10:41:30 PM

BTW, the boom is continuing full force ... more and more people and shops convert every week.

On March 21 we're having the largest Israeil meetup yet, the lecture hall can hold up to 364 people ... I think we'll have at least 200 people show up, probably more (last meetup was 120, before that we were at 30 ppl).

There are currently about six different exchanges competing in Israel, where a month ago there was only one.

Business people, bankers, startup founders, regulators and politicians ... all kinds of people are learning about Bitcoin for the first time.
Can't wait for the next meetup.

redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 11:41:09 PM

BTW, the boom is continuing full force ... more and more people and shops convert every week.

On March 21 we're having the largest Israeil meetup yet, the lecture hall can hold up to 364 people ... I think we'll have at least 200 people show up, probably more (last meetup was 120, before that we were at 30 ppl).

There are currently about six different exchanges competing in Israel, where a month ago there was only one.

Business people, bankers, startup founders, regulators and politicians ... all kinds of people are learning about Bitcoin for the first time.
Can't wait for the next meetup.

Good job man!
Evolvo

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 04:12:48 AM

This is great news to hear!

Кpиптoвaлютный фoнд "Pyбyc" - https://rubus.fund/partner/273
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 04:48:26 AM

According to optimistic libertarian predictions it is possible that Bitcoin will end zionist world domination and world population will be set free from jewish banksters. Are jews are adopting Bitcoin just in case it becomes the new gold of computer era or they are unknowingly helping to dig the graves of old system?

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 01:36:26 PM

" Are jews are adopting Bitcoin just in case it becomes the new gold of computer era or they are unknowingly helping to dig the graves of old system?"

The more things want to evolve the more things want to devolve into the same old same old...

Very happy to have a lot of people into bitcoin from all over the world.
gilgil

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 02:54:05 PM

There is even a bar in south Tel-Aviv that started accepting Bitcoin a couple of weeks ago. If you can buy beer in Bitcoin, it's THE sign this currency's gonna work  Wink

Bitrated user: gil.
Seth Otterstad

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 04:51:04 PM

Do these all trade just in local currency there?

This makes me want to move to Israel.  Could I get along there just speaking English for a few months?

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 04:57:57 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2013, 07:39:13 PM by Meni Rosenfeld

Do these all trade just in local currency there?

This makes me want to move to Israel.  Could I get along there just speaking English for a few months?
Yes, we're talking about ILS-BTC exchange services.

You should be able to get along with English.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:33:06 PM

Great news, thanks for the update Smiley
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:37:45 PM

Interesting to see it exploding in Israel. Thanks for the update!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Mr. Coinman

Activity: 277

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:58:17 AM

I have a cousin up in Israel. I might just send her a coin and have her go spend it somewhere there that accepts it. Any recommendations? Smiley

ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 05:25:15 AM

I have a cousin up in Israel. I might just send her a coin and have her go spend it somewhere there that accepts it. Any recommendations? Smiley

http://barkayma.co.il/

A vegan bar/restaurant with great food - I will come back there.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:23:31 AM

http://barkayma.co.il/

A vegan bar/restaurant with great food - I will come back there.
Vegan restaurant in Israel. The most unlikely place to get pork steak with potatoes and german lager beer.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Tesla71

Activity: 302
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:56:44 AM

Could that be the next step for more countries? http://forexmagnates.com/israel-banks-limiting-bitcoin-buying-waiting-for-regulatory-decisions/
Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:04:33 AM

There is even a bar in south Tel-Aviv that started accepting Bitcoin a couple of weeks ago. If you can buy beer in Bitcoin, it's THE sign this currency's gonna work  Wink

Which bar? I'm going to be in Tel_aviv soin and would like to stop by.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 07:50:42 AM

Which bar? I'm going to be in Tel_aviv soin and would like to stop by.
http://barkayma.co.il/english/

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:52:57 AM

how are things booming in gaza?
Chucksta

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:04:02 AM

Boom in Israel!

What are they doing, buying bombs with BTC, lol

How much is a self propelled rocket kit in BTC ?

Sniper kit + training, 10000 LTC

IED's: 4 for 20000 NMC

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: