Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin security  (Read 1195 times)
adibe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:00:24 AM

Download anti spyware, antivirus to prevent hacker. and also becareful before you download something. make your password hard, like combination words and numbers.
BitcoinSupremo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:02:13 AM

Thank you all, I have done everything in my power to prevent loss of it.
shawnhcorey

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 12:34:27 PM

you don't need the tech capacity to do it offline you just need to do a copy(backup) of your wallet data and put it in a usb , that's it, then only plug it in a secure environment

i would not recommend using any online wallet, minus maybe coinbase

Sorry but that would leave your private passwords online where malware might steal them. Sad

what you mean? coinbase have insurance against thief, so even if they are hacked they will cover all your funds, not like other excahnge that they will try to bring up any excuse to justify the hacking

Insured against outside theft. You will find that insurance companies do not cover embezzlement, which is how most theft of online wallets occur.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:26:56 PM

you don't need the tech capacity to do it offline you just need to do a copy(backup) of your wallet data and put it in a usb , that's it, then only plug it in a secure environment

i would not recommend using any online wallet, minus maybe coinbase

Sorry but that would leave your private passwords online where malware might steal them. Sad

what you mean? coinbase have insurance against thief, so even if they are hacked they will cover all your funds, not like other excahnge that they will try to bring up any excuse to justify the hacking

Insured against outside theft. You will find that insurance companies do not cover embezzlement, which is how most theft of online wallets occur.

i'm not defending online wallet, because i actually believe that bitcoin should remain decentralized, and bitcoin wallet can only promote centralization

but they at least offer some kind of protection against hacking, if you lose the money
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:11:08 AM

I have done research on the net, and by doing it, I ended up in this forum. Hi to everyone as this is my first post and I didn't see a section for just introducing ourselves in here.
I have some BTC not that really high amount but I have earned it online. The problem is I have read so many stories of people being robbed of their BTC so I would like to know , what you guys do to keep your BTC secure online. Don't have the tech capacity to do it offline for now.  Huh

One practice Ive been doing , and anyone else doing this, is by not putting all your eggs in one basket.

I don't have any offline wallet available and Im using online wallet most of the time.

Im using multiple wallets and exchanges to save my coins.

Most of the online wallets today now has lots of security measures before you opened it like email confirmation, mobile confirmation and 2fa authentication.

Your method of having the bitcoins is good. I prefer online wallets than offline,
but while going through the above posts found its secure to use a offline wallet.
Still your idea sounds good saving in various wallets so that if someone tries to
hack, it won't affect much as only little Btc will be there in each wallet.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████