Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:24:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CAREFUL WITH BITSTAMP!  (Read 530 times)
zakalwe (OP)

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 02:40:51 PM

Guys, I post it here also be very careful with bitstamp. I made a fiat deposit yesterday and they are asking me questions, screenshot fro the exchanges I use to buy alt coins.
I am bitstamp customer since several years! The did AML, KYC several times!
They should warn customers if they have issue or problems with banks. They got my money and even if I buy BTC that won't allow me to withdraw them!

About to contact my lawyer, I am really tired of all these amateurs!

Amazing.

Yet another exchange in trouble. And this is NOT GOOD for all the crypto ecosystem!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zakalwe (OP)

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 09:31:12 AM

And furthermore, still no answer from support!!!

Very very careful with them. Something weird is happening.
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:41:19 AM

Have you recently done frequent withdrawals, or done high volume trades? They have limits on volume and frequency of trading that trigger a series of standard questions that they ask you. Sometimes they also ask for proof of where your Bitcoins came from in addition to the questions.

These quotes are from a two year old thread about their questions (KYC questionnaire).

Did anyone else receive such a message from support when they tried to withdraw money recently?

We received your withdrawal request. As your withdrawal request met some of our volume and frequency thresholds, we will have to kindly ask you to help us better understand the nature of your relationship with Bitstamp. In order to do so, we require that an additional KYC (know your customer) procedure is completed before we can proceed with the processing of your transfer.

We kindly ask you to answer the following KYC questionnaire:

1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. The purpose of trading on Bitstamp?
3. What is the origin of the deposited Bitcoins? If mining, please specify your hardware specifications and submit a receipt or an invoice for your mining equipment.
4. When and how did you obtain your Bitcoins?
5. What is the reason for your activity - depositing BTC, selling, withdrawing?
6. What are your future plans and activities planned on our exchange?
7. Do you plan more of such withdrawals in the future? If yes, how many and why?
8. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.

We kindly ask you to submit your answers and documents in a reply to this ticket.

First of all, I exchanged money on Bitstamp exclusively since last spring. Withdrawals were less frequent during these last few months, but I had withdrawals both larger and smaller than the one I tried making now. I'm a verified customer with them.

Second, while some questions kinda sorta make sense, others are rather useless, redundant or impossible to address accurately. And some of their requests are downright audacious, not to mention grossly lacking respect to personal security. If I mine it's none of their goddamn business what the hell I mine with, what are the hardware specs and sure as hell they don't need to get invoices to every  piece of hardware I mine with.

So, anyone else?

It's even worse than that: after I answered all those questions, they asked for records relating to the purchase of those bitcoins. MtGox doesn't have records from 2011, and BitInstant isn't even operating anymore!!

I'm not sure what kind of records they'd want for in-person trades with people I haven't spoken to since.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 02:48:40 PM

Not try to take their side as I don't even use them but shouldn't you give them a little time before jumping to conclusions? You said you only deposited FIAT yesterday and maybe they're trying to make sure that you sent the money from your own bank.

And since you're stuck, I'd say its best to provide them with what they need, get your money out and don't use them again.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
meadefreling

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:17:52 PM

There have not been any bad news about this exchange of recent but if i may ask what type of deposit method did you use?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: