Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:12:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it good or bad that Core development is virtually controlled by one company?  (Read 8146 times)
DutchDemon

Activity: 115
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:30:05 PM

But I own a lot of Bitcoin.
How do you define 'lot' ? 10+, 100+, 1k+, 10k+, 100k+ ...what ?
Those definitions are subjective, but definitely not under 100/1000.
It is 22000 to be specific. 14000 can be traced back 3 different addresses.

5000 : https://blockchain.info/address/18mkjbVaHAcMauL6iiy7zm9VjMYCjy4UU1

4600 : https://blockchain.info/address/1LtrEDMGKV81vf8eGYYz4c7u6A8936YgDM

4400 : https://blockchain.info/address/1K5PrGXqH8iSpKX4YsPp5gStLLsYTmnVBh
This is an interesting piece of info.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 05:31:47 PM

I think you two should get a room. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:32:15 PM

Now provide proof of this or be considered to be the complete idiot liar that you are.

your blind loyalty to blockstream, that distracts you from logic.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 05:34:04 PM

Now provide proof of this or be considered to be the complete idiot liar that you are.

your blind loyalty to blockstream, that distracts you from logic.

So - you have no proof at all and just reply with rubbish.

Thanks @franky1 - you have been REKT by me (and I think by others already).

Cheesy

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:34:12 PM

OK, so I'm a newbie who has just been reading a lot and trying to understand things. So here is my opinion.

We may need 2Mb blocks, but it's not urgent, and it may be that in the future we need 4Mb or more.
Most blocks are half empty,

This is false. Here's a chart: https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-block-size (.5 is "half full")
The urgency is pretty obvious: we knew that the number of transactions was growing, infighting about blocksize started over a year ago, and the blocks are hitting the limit, and... And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well. I just don't understand it.

so maybe what we really need are variable length blocks and more efficiency.

Block size is already variable, meaning that blocks with max_block_size of 1MB aren't all 1MB -- that's just the maximum size. In other words, we're not growing the blockchain by 1MB every ten minutes, regardless of the number of transactions.

There is too much "rubbish" in blocks that is not essential to money transfer - people are recording weddings for heaven sake, SigWit doesn't mean that we can't use 2Mb blocks, it just means that if we do, then the storage will be mofre efficient. Please explain to me why we can't implement SegWit in the short term. See what effect that has on transaction processing, and then decide a block size policy for the future.

SegWit won't make the storage more efficient -- it will simply separate it into two warehouses. The amount of stuff to store will be the same.
Like the 2MB blocks, SegWit isn't a permanent solution, it merely kicks the can down the road. In other words, when we hit 1.7 to 2MB blocks, we'll still need a hard fork.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:38:10 PM

ill just leave this here because the blockstream fanboys delete any attempt to propose anything that is not their blind one way street roadmap

if only the (1) roadmap was more like this as the choices:

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 05:39:21 PM

the desire for 2mb is a community need

2mb this year because the community wanted it

the whole community that wants 2mb

the community want 2mb

blunderer

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:44:30 PM

^^ sunnankar: please delete your post. It adds nothing but faggotry to this thread.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 05:45:48 PM

^^ sunnankar: please delete your post. It adds nothing but faggotry to this thread.

I see - so Gavin fans are also anti-gay.

Any other minorities you'd like to attack while you're at it?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

blunderer

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:53:10 PM

No, not really. You, for instance, are [presumably] straight.*
This doesn't mean that you're not a humungous faggot -- you are.
So now you know.

*you've mentioned a "wife" when you were blackmailing this forum, though it may be heterosexist of me to assume female. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:05:06 PM

see how CIYAM presumes anyone not blockstream loyal as being a gavin fanboy..

by the way a faggot is actually a scottish meatball.. but nice to see that you want to accuse non blockstreamers of being prejudice against people of differing sexual orientations..

come on mr brains. we know you and your 5 cohorts(6 total), lauda, carlton, icebreaker, to name just a few are all in the same small box

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 06:10:14 PM

see how CIYAM presumes anyone not blockstream loyal as being a gavin fanboy..

You just make yourself look more and more ridiculous with every post.

Let's see how long your masters will pay you for your unsuccessful trolling attempts (their pockets are not really so deep).

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:14:30 PM

You just make yourself look more and more ridiculous with every post.

Let's see how long your masters will pay you for your unsuccessful trolling attempts (their pockets are not really so deep).

i have no master. but your assumption that someone can't survive and make a living without one, shows that you do have a master and that you get paid and your mind cannot cope with the thought you you being independant.
please think outside of the box you are living in

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 06:17:37 PM

i have no master. but your assumption that someone can't survive and make a living without one, shows that you do have a master and that you get paid and your mind cannot cope with the thought you you being independant.

I am financially independent (which I am pretty sure you are not) so I am going to outlast you whatever happens.

Keep trying with the stupid stuff mate - everyone is seeing you're lack of intelligence.

And in case I'm wrong then why don't we organise a meetup in say Hong Kong (assuming you have funds that shouldn't be a problem for your should it)?

blunderer

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:19:05 PM

... everyone is seeing you're lack of intelligence.

Sad
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:26:09 PM

I am financially independent (which I am pretty sure you are not) so I am going to outlast you whatever happens.

Keep trying with the stupid stuff mate - everyone is seeing you're lack of intelligence.

And in case I'm wrong then why don't we organise a meetup in say Hong Kong (assuming you have funds that shouldn't be a problem for your should it)?

im going europe in the spring america in summer and thailand in autumn. i might decide to make the couple hour flight from thailand to honk kong in autumn. if there is anything more interesting then just meeting you.

hopefully there is a hongkong bitcoin meetup in the autumn which you would attend.(2 birds one stone)

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:30:27 PM

Not like the thoughtful and dignified post you just made.  Roll Eyes

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 06:30:46 PM

hopefully there is a hongkong bitcoin meetup in the autumn which you would attend.(2 birds one stone)

Well I do applaud you for being brave enough to at least state that.

When you are closer to that time let me know.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:32:53 PM

Well I do applaud you for being brave enough to at least state that.

When you are closer to that time let me know.

and i will laugh if it turns out that its a blockstream sponsored event and you have been paid to attend, either as panelist or organiser

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 06:36:48 PM

and i will laugh if it turns out that its a blockstream sponsored event and you have been paid to attend, either as panelist or organiser

@franky1 - no-one has paid me one cent (from any organisation) to do with Bitcoin at all - so that isn't going to be the case.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: