Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:56:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gaming industry is moving to bitcoin, Wargames the first  (Read 1664 times)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:16:03 PM

Mmhh the WarGaming community seems not to be that excited when you read their forums.
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/483239-buy-tanks-ships-or-planes-with-bitcoin/

Maybe they need a bit more of information to take Bitcoin serious and don't confuse it with Bacon! Cheesy

This illustrates that many people either don't know what Bitcoin is or think it's just a scam.
Awareness campaign needed!
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 04:20:21 PM

Very very cool, I'm actually shocked that more of these online games haven't already done this. It would be so easy for them to do and would increase profits. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:42:37 PM

so since this place is becoming a war of ignoring button and deleting comment, i'm creating my own thread on this, without the self moderated crap, because this news actually interest me

this is the news https://blog.bitpay.com/bitcoin-comes-to-online-multiplayer-gaming-giant-wargaming/, they have also acquired the total annihilation IP, which means that TA 2 is on the way with Chris taylor

wow, this is a very huge news in my opinion.

because the games like the ones Wargaming has created (online multiplayer), usually have a very huge number of players who spend hundreds of dollar each on these games.

if a small percentage of them use bitcoin it mean that much money is coming in bitcoin. and not to mention the popularity it is creating which will move towards the mass adoption goal.

p.s. i pray day and night for steam to use bitcoin...

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:46:26 PM

Yeah Bitcoin!

I hope later on, steam will accept bitcoin payments tho Cheesy , So that i doesn't have to buy wallets on the internet

That would be very helpful! Can't wait to have this thing implemented in the steam store! Though I am already benefiting on buying discounted steam game with the aid of bitcoin. Smiley
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 04:53:26 PM

wow, this is a big one.  Smiley

EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 06:35:33 PM

Indeed Grin

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:21:52 PM

lauda is ulta sensitive on his version of the same topic. so i posted it here

Bitcoin was never and will never be suited for micropayments.

so why the 8 decimals??.. if not for smaller amounts to be sent

However, I don't understand how you consider e.g. 30$, 50$ and 60$ to be micro payments (WoT packages)?

you can buy things for under $3 on WoT, (500gold)
tanks for under $7

so $1 not ok for bitcoin,
I don't see a valid reason for this; your $1 purchase doesn't need the security of a 1 Exa-hash network.

but $3 is now? because you love that WoT customers may use bitcoin
as it was only a couple weeks ago that a $3 coffee wasnt good enough for bitcoin
Bloating the blockchain (with coffee purchases)
where is your acceptable threshold. ?

.. wait.. there is no bloat. afterall you dont think that bitcoin needs expanding just yet.

.. wait. a community of 70million gamers just becoming bitcoin friendly.. isnt that extra need.. SOON

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
tangleNinja

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:26:34 PM

.. wait. a community of 70million gamers just becoming bitcoin friendly.. isnt that extra need.. SOON

And if 10% of them start sending one transaction per week bitcoin is fucked.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:30:09 PM

yep, bitcoin needs 2mb+segwit to allow alot of buffer to expand. not 1mbsegwit plus bait and switch to altcoins.

after all coinbase quotes having 2million customers. so 2mb+segwit would comfortably handle 8million people.
though i think the WoT crowd would be more like a 5% max projection, which is even more comfort for 2mb+segwit.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 07:35:39 PM

It is a very good news that now gaming industry is also taking bitcoin as payment to their industry, first the gambling industry has tried and i think most of the sites are in huge success after accepting bitcoin as their payment industry, like this same gaming industry will also boom with that Bitcoin will also get some more mass users acceptance. Now any one dont will have problem in playing or purchasing games from online.

Amph (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:36:34 PM

i have created this thread for this reason, to show how pointless self moderated is, it's only promote more post for nothing

yep, bitcoin needs 2mb+segwit to allow alot of buffer to expand. not 1mbsegwit plus bait ans switch to altcoins.

after all coinbase quotes having 2million customers. so 2mb+segwit would comfortably handle 8million people.
though i think the WoT crowd would be more like a 5% max projection, which is even more comfort for 2mb+segwit.

like i've said in another thread of the matter, i think that segwit is somethign that you add in the last step of the capacity increase, not as initial resort
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:37:59 PM

I have been playing World of Tanks Blitz on my Android tablet and I would love to buy some stuff for it with bitcoins instead of buying Playstore cards with bitcoins.

Amph (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:38:48 PM

maybe this is the reason why major company are not embracing bitcoin...

i mean the dev behind those games are intelligent enough to understand easily what bitcoin is and how it work
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:39:25 PM

i have created this thread for this reason, to show how pointless self moderated is, it's only promote more post for nothing

yep and thanks. its strange how the blockstreamers want to hide differing opinions.

but anyways.
70million people now asking "whats this 'pay with bitcoin' about?" can only be good even if only 1% actually decide to use bitcoin

Amph (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:43:50 PM

yep and thanks. its strange how the blockstreamers want to hide differing opinions.

but anyways.
70million people now asking "whats this 'pay with bitcoin' about?" can only be good even if only 1% actually decide to use bitcoin

steam has over 125M users, probably some are clone, but many are genuine i believe, and i still think that only a small portion know about bitcoin

thinking about it, the gaming industry alone could make bitcoin skyrocket, seen that go well together

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:47:26 PM

steam has over 125M users, probably some are clone, but many are genuine i believe, and i still think that only a small portion know about bitcoin

thinking about it, the gaming industry alone could make bitcoin skyrocket, seen that go well together

yep, i done some PR stuff in 2013 and got some businesses onboard. but i backed off for a while as i thought i done my part. i was gonna get back into it again recently but bitcoin really needs to expand to have a buffer to cope with new people wanting to use bitcoin, without ofcourse the corporate background manipulative crap

DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:51:25 PM

Valve won't let Steam have bitcoin purchases because their policy for returning money back will make them incur losses dealing with fees and payment processing companies. The Arkham Knight debacle called for so many refunds that I am not sure Steam could handle bitcoins refunds like ever lol.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:58:10 PM

Valve won't let Steam have bitcoin purchases because their policy for returning money back will make them incur losses dealing with fees and payment processing companies. The Arkham Knight debacle called for so many refunds that I am not sure Steam could handle bitcoins refunds like ever lol.

well if they didnt use bitcoin for pre-orders and game deliveries (where issues could occur) but instead for ingame 'fancies' like gold, bullets, vehicles.. where once they are bought the customer has to keep. there would be no issue

partysaurus

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:04:32 PM

this is very good news Smiley glad that a big game with a big player base took the step. and the gaming crowed seems like the perfect market for new adopters of bitcoins.
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:06:57 PM

Awesome news, I really think Bitcoin would work really well within the games industry with micro transactions etc...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: