Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:19:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info Development Bounties  (Read 18992 times)
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 11:06:38 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2013, 11:51:44 AM by CIYAM Pty. Ltd.

Point taken, I'll try and coordinate it so two people are not working on claiming the same bounty. For the Android App redesign, which is much more involved, one person will be chosen and provided with a design brief / project specification. If nobody is interested I will probably post the job on elance or something.

I would be happy to create a project for you on CIYAM Open which will help you to manage the funding (you can fund individual tasks as well as have an address for Project Areas [which are nestable] and an overall Project address) and *no* bitcoins are stored on ciyam.org nor will you be charged any costs for this service (I am allowing the first 10 projects that are started on it to be fee free for life).

It already has a sophisticated bidding system (not bidding on price but on deliverable date) to let you decide upon which dev to "assign" the task to and each task can have "skills" attached (special tags) to which "points" get added to the user if the task is "completed" (and deducted if "rejected").

This stops the whole "multiple people competing for a bounty" problem and provides a clear and easy to follow approach to managing software projects (I managed a team of 6 devs for several years using a similar approach but with *hours* rather than *bitcoins*) and lets you make better informed decisions about which bid to accept by comparing the skills of the bidder.

It's a complete workflow system for funding and managing software development (and has had years of work put into it) so please at least take a look (http://ciyam.org/open).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 11:46:48 AM

PS: The string arrangements do not matter, right? The auto_(language).json and the original English JSON file are not arranged similarly in structure.

John,

and this is another pain in... Smiley because it makes it more difficult to see what was the original text.

spiccioli

Yep - I've been having to CTRL-F every new 'category' I'm presented with, and that's adding a lot of trouble.

By the way, can I just simply edit everything in the auto_(language).json, and replace the (language).json with the results afterwards? It seems that almost every line has a minor mistake here...

John,

I've copied auto_italian.json over italian.json, since italian.json was just a few KBs, and now I'm moving each section I translate following the order they have inside language.json.

I hope this does not destroy everything. Smiley

spiccioli.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 12:04:23 PM

It was a partial italian translation that I did few weeks ago.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378

nec sine labore

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 05:13:07 PM

It was a partial italian translation that I did few weeks ago.

Ok,

in the meantime I've found out that it takes a lot of time to correct the auto_italian.json file because string sections don't have the same order they have inside language.json.

I've done 300 strings in a little more than three hours.

So, it is probably faster to simply copy language.json to italian.json (or your_language.json) and start over from scratch.

This way you don't spend time reading the auto translation and trying to reconcile it with Italian on one side and the original on the other.

spiccioli.

minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 10:21:43 PM

Slovenian translation is not on the list...

User "mazi" and I could work on Slovenian translation.

PM Sent
piuk (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 12:39:43 AM

this string from language.json makes little sense in english

I believe it should be be "A chart showing the total number of unique bitcoin transactions per day excluding those which involve any of the top 100 most popular addresses"

The order of strings in the json files does not matter (as long as the nesting hierarchy is maintained). Sorry that the file formats are a bit of a pain.

It's a complete workflow system for funding and managing software development (and has had years of work put into it) so please at least take a look (http://ciyam.org/open).

Looks good however for the moment I would like to stick with bounties since the the response has been great so far. If a some tasks split into full projects which require proposals, bidding etc I will certainly consider CIYAM.

User "mazi" and I could work on Slovenian translation.

Added Slovenian & Turkish. I am open to accepting new languages not on the initial list if a translator is available.

piuk (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 12:41:16 AM

You can see my Github pull request here (including details and my BTC address): https://github.com/blockchain/My-Wallet-iPhone/pull/5

Perfect, thank you. Bounty paid.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 01:02:34 AM

I would do the Polish translation but I see it is marked as ''partially completed''. To be honest this looks like a Google translator's work:

https://github.com/blockchain/Blockchain-Translations/blob/master/auto_polish.json

Would I be paid 15 BTC for translating & correcting current translation?

I also can do the French one, it is also marked as ''partially completed'' and again my eyes hurt from the mistakes they see.

I can translate French & Polish for 30 BTC.

Signature space available for rent.
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 02:21:25 AM

I'll claim the Simplified Chinese Translation bounty.   https://github.com/blockchain/Blockchain-Translations/pull/19

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 02:43:53 AM

I'll claim the Simplified Chinese Translation bounty.   https://github.com/blockchain/Blockchain-Translations/pull/19

*facepalm* I thought I was the only one working at it, as piuk said?
Now I'm 70% through and wasted the time on it... Undecided
piuk (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 03:04:14 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2013, 04:10:15 AM by piuk

Agh It's happening as mike predicted. As I had already given John the go ahead, he will get the bounty if he still wishes to finish, Sorry finway. Please contact me before starting any work to avoid conflicts like this, its not a race to finish first.

finway

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:12:56 AM

never mind.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:00:48 AM

I'll finish the remaining 30% then. Sorry, finway.
finway

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:11:37 AM

I'll finish the remaining 30% then. Sorry, finway.

Never mind, i've present free translation service for blockchain.info before, and i do Bitcoin-qt translation too.
Can't wait to see blockchina.info in refined Chinese, both on the web and in the app:)
Use if you like, piuk.

agita

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 05:03:35 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2013, 09:37:11 PM by agita

Does "Partially Completed" mean that there is somebody working at the moment?
If not, I would like to do the german translation

Perhaps its not a real bug, but:
It would be nice, if you could show the "label dialog" not only on the top of the page (a mix of the twitter scrollspy and a few lines of js should fix this). This just happens when you generate a new adress
Also I´m getting "Uncaught Error: INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11 wallet.min.js:1
(anonymous function)" everytime I create a new adress.

For tipping 175R5UQbTvVawgK1izFu1wSZAjfDCn3Jus
Tacticat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 12:35:21 AM

Hello, Tacticat here!

I don't know if Piuk is the same person that I have been speaking with over email for the last couple of days but I wanted to say that the new spanish translation we provided is not yet online.

I don't know how long it usually takes for such a translation to get online, but I just wanted to notify you that it still isn't (in case this is some sort of error). When it is, it should say "INICIO" on the homepage instead of "CASA".

Cheers!

Tips and donations:

15nqQGfkgoxrBnsshD6vCuMWuz71MK51Ug
timmolter

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 06:40:12 PM

Hi,

I'd be happy to do the Exchange Bot, if no one else claimed it yet, or if whoever is attempting it fails. I'm the lead dev of the XChange OSS project: https://github.com/timmolter/XChange

Cheers, Tim
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 12:01:41 AM

FYI, I did a code review on WalletServlet.java a month ago, didn't get any replies.

No bounties needed, just please fix the issues.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 07:12:29 AM

Package the wallet service as a Chrome Extension. 25 BTC

All javascript and html must be included with the extension. May require modifications to how the wallet is stored to use localstorage rather than being embedded in the html page. https://github.com/blockchain/My-Wallet should contain all js needed.

Claimed, also I sent you a PM but do you want it as a popup or as a tab?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:02:24 PM

Sent a pull request and PM'ed, thanks!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: