Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:25:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [warning] bitmit.net was sold secret without telling the community.  (Read 8557 times)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 10:57:38 PM

Another reason to switch to coinpost.com - since you put in your own BTC address for payment, no funds are ever held in a wallet outside your control.

Hmmm … don't know if I would buy there … don't need women shoes size 7 and that's basically all for sale right now.

Ok, joking aside Smiley
I checked it out and while I'm really not up for buying and have no clue yet, I'm about to add some coins for sale. Physical coins. Old coins. Older than 2009.
Which category would that be?

https://www.coinpost.com/categories/collectibles-art

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 12:44:53 AM

Another reason to switch to coinpost.com - since you put in your own BTC address for payment, no funds are ever held in a wallet outside your control.

Hmmm … don't know if I would buy there … don't need women shoes size 7 and that's basically all for sale right now.

Ok, joking aside Smiley
I checked it out and while I'm really not up for buying and have no clue yet, I'm about to add some coins for sale. Physical coins. Old coins. Older than 2009.
Which category would that be?

https://www.coinpost.com/categories/collectibles-art

I assume you are running coinpost.com or how come you know about it while nobody else here ever posted about it?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 02:25:54 AM

I'm not, and I'm not the first:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119334.msg1284874#msg1284874
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114749.msg1237324#msg1237324

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 07:43:13 AM

That means some unknown guy is holding OUR money right now and we dont know Who he is. And in fact  some UNKNOWN guy got all our email adress and account information.
So what? Decoupling of [real] identity and reputation is very bitcoin-y in my opinion Wink

The point is that we all assumed it would be that one german guy. I talked to this guy before in german and have come to trust him (maybe a mistake, don't know). I don't know wether the original owner (german guy) was obliged to tell us of the sale, but surely the new owner was. He failed to do that. Transferring a forum account to another person imo is questionable in itself.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 08:56:45 AM

Nobody seems to know who owns compost.com
Is it a good bitmit alternative? Is there a support?

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 02:19:51 PM

Nobody seems to know who owns compost.com
Is it a good bitmit alternative? Is there a support?
I had one question as I tried the site out yesterday, in over 24h my message has not been replied, also there is virtually no information available on the site.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
eb3full
VIP

Activity: 198
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 10:33:13 PM

My order was fixed.

"With four parameters I can fit an elephant, and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk." John von Neumann
buy me beer: 1HG9cBBYME4HUVhfAqQvW9Vqwh3PLioHcU
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 10:45:43 PM

Why would a guy from Germany name himself tosaki and then sell everything to another guy from China?
Binford 6100

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 11:59:25 PM

& what happened to the user verification data?
hope the original owner did not wipe his as* with personal data protection regulations.

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 01:05:10 AM

Why would a guy from Germany name himself tosaki and then sell everything to another guy from China?

Good question

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 06:54:48 AM

Good question

I don't know. But I can tell you he spoke german very well (like a native).

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
shade

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 07:31:47 AM

asia fan? Cheesy
Isokivi

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 07:33:22 AM

Why does anyone pick a particular nick, I wouldnt think too much of it.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 08:59:09 AM

Why would a guy from Canada name himself usagi and pretend to be a girl called Serena?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:22:04 AM

Why would a guy from Canada name himself usagi and pretend to be a girl called Serena?

So usagi acquired Bitmit?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:30:58 AM

Oh, god. What if THE ASIANS acquiring bAsic are usagi and his multiple personalities?  Shocked
Third Way

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 01:13:54 AM

Oh, god. What if THE ASIANS acquiring bAsic are usagi and his multiple personalities?  Shocked

You just blew my mind man.

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
EcmSeer

Activity: 45
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 01:15:50 AM

well I don´t understand everything, because my english knowns are shit and because I not read all the post.

But I want to buy something in bitmit, its secure?
Second, I accurately wanted to buy a object of the creator of the post, but this guy have prices very very lows, no shipping tax, and he dont have ID verification and don´t do scrow. Its all very suspect, he has seven comments all in two days one month ago and nothing more, alls of selling similar objects(gold and silver).

I think that he is the one who should apply the phrase "some unknown guy is holding OUR money right now" because all his acc smells scam or fraud or however it's said..

There’s only room for one God in this Lab. And it’s not yours…
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 07:02:16 AM

well I don´t understand everything, because my english knowns are shit and because I not read all the post.

But I want to buy something in bitmit, its secure?
Second, I accurately wanted to buy a object of the creator of the post, but this guy have prices very very lows, no shipping tax, and he dont have ID verification and don´t do scrow. Its all very suspect, he has seven comments all in two days one month ago and nothing more, alls of selling similar objects(gold and silver).

I think that he is the one who should apply the phrase "some unknown guy is holding OUR money right now" because all his acc smells scam or fraud or however it's said..

Not checking your facts I agree you should be cautious. If you want to buy silver at almost no risk, buy my silver. It's auctions starting at 1€ for stuff that has metal worth of far more. I was forced to use escrow so youI might loose your 1€ to the site owner but at least then we know he's the scammer Wink

… links below.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Isokivi

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 03:08:33 PM

I'd like to publicly state that I have had no trouble accessing escrowed coins once released after the recent revelations. I would however like to state it again: Whoever is running bitmit needs to release information about himself publicly, you are undoutably seeing less escrow revenue by now. Since afterall whats the point of an anonymous escrow ?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: