Ive started a new project at BitcoinMedia
The idea with this is to gather all our promotion ideas together and organise campaigns to advertise and market bitcoin. In this thread I will collect ideas as they come in to the forum in one spot to focus the support of the community. BitcoinMedia will also find and promote content producers who accept bitcoin payments or donations for their work. Think of it as a clearing house for online bitcoin media. I will feature people on the site who accept bitcoin for their content so get those artistic juices flowing !
There are accounts you can follow at twitter,a facebook page,digg and a mailing list to sign up to. I also started a blog and in future will allow anyone to contribute content related to bitcoin which will be blasted out to all the social media accounts. (send me a pm or post in the google group if you wish to be added as a contributor!) Follow all these accounts,invite all your friends and promote them in your own circle of friends.
To take things to the next level I have donated to the bounty to get the bitcoin animated movie made and soon the total on offer will be $1000Update:http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697.80 I donated to the movie bounty and am waiting to see if the thread gets updated.
If anyone can poke bytemaster and get him to update the bounty it would be appreciated.
To help fund future campaigns and promotions you can donate bitcoins or subscribe to a monthly BAMP program (Bitcoin advertise,market and promote.) The idea is that rather than just one person funding the effort a small monthly contribution from everyone who uses bitcoin will add up to a money bomb!. I borrowed the donation model from free talk live
I hope this becomes an open source collaborative effort where the best people for each idea or promotion contributes to their area of expertise.Links-YoutubeBlogDiggTwitterFacebookMailing List Delicious Five Grinder Get Satisfaction Some examples to start discussion-
* Keep hammering your social media sites first thing with a #bitcoin related post, plus a link to the BitcoinMedia or bitcoin.org site.
* A bitcoin merchandise shop.You might get some stickers and post them where people use coins such as tollbooths or slap them on vending machines! Or grab some bookmarks and "enhance" reading materials wherever people gather- economic books at the public library,at rest stops on the highway,doctors surgeries.
* When you sign up for a hosting plan for your Web site, you're often given $50 of free AdWords ads; use those ads to send traffic to the bitcoin.org or bitcoinmedia sites.
* Link to the bitcoin.org or bitcoinmedia site in your blogroll.
* Change the name of your public wireless network to "Bitcoin"
* Write up a press release about bitcoin and distribute it to some of the bazillion free PR services eghttp://www.free-press-release.com/http://www.prlog.org/http://www.pr.com/press-releases
Here is a list of 50 such siteshttp://www.avangate.com/articles/press-release-distribution_69.htmIdeas from the forum-The Niche ListLetter to the EFFSending physical letters to businessesBitcoin animated movieT-shirts Bitcoin conferenceBitcoin Reddit The bitcoin bloggerLetter to? Bitcoin article Ideas for growing bitcoin Letter to Chaos Computer Club Bitcoin Mutual Aid Society Bitcoin Kiva Team Earn Bitcoins with BitcoinMedia!
50 bitcoins for each bitcoin or digital currency related video.
25 bitcoins for each bitcoin or digital currency related article published on the bitcoinmedia blog.
5 bitcoins for funny or interesting photoshops. ie the cookie monster eating a bitcoin lol
Videos will be uploaded to the bitcoinmedia youtube channel and also through tubemogul which will syndicate to all the top video and social networking sites.Articles should be 500 words or more. Photoshops should be SFW.Donate to the effort
1NogJcFNwNwNzmp3XV8pisWdq14qR2UEDf Currently running PromotionsNoAgendaWallVote for bitcoin at FS Daily Edit:Success! Bitcoin still on front page!
If you see something you could help with on the list please contact me ala seo,sitedesign,promotion and content.