Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:07:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: hero status account sold, PSA to any old trade partners  (Read 2828 times)
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:15:15 AM

people buy those accounts because they are trusted to scam others. thats a well known fact.
Do you have any examples of this happening? Since it is such a well known fact you should have no problems in finding many examples of this
Not gonna bother with more, might find them in my trust page(when I negged them). Nevertheless, here's one(positive trust was from master-p, in his DT days, and cyclops , both of whom removed it when I PMed them regarding the account sale): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=196264
Edit: Here's another one- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=161609 whose pos. trust was later removed
If we wanna keep to recent cases: areebmajeed -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=73702
He had trust aged to 10 before starting to advertise his ponzi.
Only one of those three accounts actually scammed anyone, and that was the person who scammed a bunch of times via PayPal. The other two were (most likely) scam attempts and I believe will strengthen my argument. The two accounts that attempted to run a ponzi with a purchased account with trust should be considered a scam attempt (from my brief review of the two accounts, they were not able to actually steal anything) and since their attempt was not successful, whoever purchased the account lost out on however much they paid for it.

mate, we all know scammers like to use established accounts to run their shit. we all know this, we see it nearly daily. yes i cant call out a name without digging it up but we know (and you better than a lot of people around here) it happens. i would love to say it isnt the case, but it is.
I think I gave a number of reasons why this doesn't happen, and if it did happen on a regular basis then no digging would be necessary.

PS- aren't you the person who was permabanned recently? What exactly are you doing posting outside of meta?

I dont watch all sales of accounts. But the next i am bored i will sit down and have a look. Until then i will change my words to:

Scamers try to buy trusted accounts to scam others.

I might be back to proof it happens more than people think.

Yupp, thats me. I talked to staff and solved the problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:25:32 PM

what the fuck ? remove -ve feedback, NOW ! i'm not a scammer  Angry.
Krumauge

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:30:53 PM

Neutral trust to warn users about this account was sold is enough he not deserve red feedback!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4612

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:44:08 PM

Certainly.

No problem at all.

I will absolutely remove the negative feedback that I left just as soon as haploid23 and Tomatocage remove the positive feedback from 2014-10-16 and 2014-09-23.
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:30:16 PM

The account doesnt deserve any feedback at all. You didnt do any of the trades.

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 06:14:11 PM

Yes of course, I don't deserve any feedback 'cause it's a fault of the original owner.

He hasn't paid back the loan before the deadline.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 06:21:39 PM

what the fuck ? remove -ve feedback, NOW ! i'm not a scammer  Angry.
Yes of course, I don't deserve any feedback 'cause it's a fault of the original owner.
You neither deserve any positive feedback (at least not yet).
And the negative from Danny Hamilton is only to counter the current 2 positive feedbacks from DT your account has.
You also don't deserve the position on DT3 your account currently still has.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 06:25:49 PM

And the negative from Danny Hamilton is only to counter the current 2 positive feedbacks from DT your account has.
I don't think negatives are suppose to be used to counter positive feedbacks.

A negative feedback means that you believe someone is a scammer, and I have not seen any evidence of this.

edit: haploid has not been online for nearly a year now, and I would doubt that he will log back into his account to remove a positive trust rating on a sold account. TC has not been very active for several months now, and he may or may not remove the rating.

The appropriate response to someone having a positive feedback that you do not believe is appropriate is to let the person who left the feedback know your feelings regarding the rating, and if nothing is done to exclude the person who left such rating from your trust network (if the erroneous rating outweighs reasons for him to otherwise be in your trust network)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 07:22:33 PM

A negative feedback means that you believe someone is a scammer, and I have not seen any evidence of this.

Ratings are used as counter since the last change to the system. They have been used in that fashion several times now. Danny also clearly states that the negative rating is just a counter and will be removed as soon as the positive ratings are gone. The account has no overal negative rating either.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:24:18 PM

Ratings are used as counter since the last change to the system. They have been used in that fashion several times now. Danny also clearly states that the negative rating is just a counter and will be removed as soon as the positive ratings are gone. The account has no overal negative rating either.

I am drawing a blank as to when a negative rating was used to counter a positive rating....I know that positive ratings have been used to counter an unjustified negative, and the trust system was setup in a way to support this, but not the other way around.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 07:32:39 PM

I am drawing a blank as to when a negative rating was used to counter a positive rating....I know that positive ratings have been used to counter an unjustified negative, and the trust system was setup in a way to support this, but not the other way around.

potayto, potahto; ratings are used as counter. Does it matter which way around? The intention is the same, nullify the existing rating or at the very least make others aware of a trust dispute.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:38:46 PM

potayto, potahto; ratings are used as counter. Does it matter which way around? The intention is the same, nullify the existing rating or at the very least make others aware of a trust dispute.
Well a negative rating can wipe out someone's entire trust score, and the ?'?? signifies that they might have been a long con. A single negative rating will wipe out someone's entire positive trust score, while it takes two people to counter one negative trust rating.

A positive rating signifies that you think someone is trustworthy and a negative rating signifies that someone is a scammer. Just because someone is not actively trustworthy does not mean they are a scammer. 
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:48:44 PM

It was done fairly recently (4-6 months?) and even Theymos (IIR) stated it was allowable. I believe it was a Positive to null a Negative.
I can't remember the thread or I would link it.
I have no issues with a rating being given for this reason.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4612

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:53:55 PM

I don't think negatives are suppose to be used to
- snip -

The system is designed to work like this:

Anyone can leave any feed back (positive, negative, or neutral) for anyone they want, for any reason they want.

If you feel that someone uses good judgement when leaving feedback, then you add them to your trust network and their feedback will effect the rating you see next to the "trust" link on their profile.

If you feel that someone uses bad judgement when leaving feedback, then you remove them from your trust network and their feedback won't effect the rating you see next to the "trust" on their profile.

By adjusting the "trust depth", you can also choose to include in your trust network the users that are trusted by the people that you trust, if you feel they all use good judgement about who they add to their trust network.  And if you feel that all of those users also use good judgement about who they add to their trust network, you can choose to include them as well.

There is a "default trust" list that is assigned to new users when they first create an account, since it would be difficult from someone brand new to know who to trust. The intention is for them to update their trust lists as they figure out who they feel is trustworthy, and who isn't.  Unfortuantely, very few users ever bother changing their trust list from the default.

If you feel that an individual on the default trust list has been using poor judgement in choosing who they trust, and/or using poor judgement in the feedback that they leave, then you can request that the forum operator removes that individual from the default trust list.  The forum operator can consider your concerns and then make whatever decision they prefer.

You can also contact users that have left trust or modified their trust lists and ask them to make changes that you think would be appropriate.  They can consider your concerns and then make whatever decision they prefer.

Personally, I feel that purchasing a forum account and representing yourself as having received feedback that was not created for you is an "untrustworthy" behavior. I am entitled to this belief, and I have chosen to act on this by leaving negative feedback for this particular user.  

I have explained this reasoning in the feedback that I left.  If the user stops representing themselves as having received that positive feedback, then I will no longer consider their actions to be untrustworthy, and I'll remove the feedback.

Anyone else can read the feedback that I've left and decide for themselves if they consider that feedback valid or not.  They can then make their own decision about how much to trust the user when engaging in transactions with him.

Well a negative rating can wipe out someone's entire trust score

Yes, it can.  So it is important not to engage in untrustworthy behavior.  Just like in the real world, a reputation is a slow and fragile thing to build, and a single untrustworthy action can be very difficult to recover from.

and the ?'?? signifies that they might have been a long con.

The acquiring of a longstanding account IS a long con.  The account has been represented for a long time by an individual with a particular set of morals and ethics.  Then suddenly, unexpectedly, and without any indication the account is represented by an individual with a different set of morals and ethics.  Isn't that what happens in a long con?

A single negative rating will wipe out someone's entire positive trust score, while it takes two people to counter one negative trust rating.

Then I suppose it's a good idea to avoid behaviors that would cause someone not to trust you.

A positive rating signifies that you think someone is trustworthy and a negative rating signifies that someone is a scammer.

No.

A positive rating signifies that you think someone is trustworthy, and a negative rating signifies that you think someone is not trustworthy.

Just because someone is not actively trustworthy does not mean they are a scammer. 

No, but it does mean that they shouldn't be trusted.
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:48:32 PM

if you are unhappy, how about selling it to the previous owner?

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:24:07 PM

if you are unhappy, how about selling it to the previous owner?

yes i'm unhappy , if the original owner wants his account back please contact me asap.
Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:34:00 PM

Really ugly to sell a account at a higher price based on the green comments and then turn around and stab the buyer in the back in this manner. If anything the seller has manipulated the buyer into thinking they where paying more because of the comments. Extra dubious acting innocent and then pointing out this aspect after the sale.
Think if the seller did not state that he planned to do this before transaction it should be reversed. Otherwise its a scam.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778

#Free market

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:43:07 PM

Really ugly to sell a account at a higher price based on the green comments and then turn around and stab the buyer in the back in this manner. If anything the seller has manipulated the buyer into thinking they where paying more because of the comments. Extra dubious acting innocent and then pointing out this aspect after the sale.
Think if the seller did not state that he planned to do this before transaction it should be reversed. Otherwise its a scam.

Nah I have not sold the account at a higher price based on the green 'comments', If you don't know what is happened it is better to not spread BS. I've liquidated the collateral to recover the amount plus a little % and of course I will not tell you the exact amount.

If the buyer is feeling comfortable to reveal all the information of the privacy negotiation, he is free (but I don't think he will do it).
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:31:19 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2016, 10:49:25 PM by xetsr

So, did the account sell for above market price? If it did, that account deserves negative trust as I'm almost certain it was bought for the positive trust.

BTW, maybe someone should ask for haploid23 to be removed from DT until he comes back as it's been almost a year since he's last logged in.
Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:59:29 PM

Nah I have not sold the account at a higher price based on the green 'comments', If you don't know what is happened it is better to not spread BS. I've liquidated the collateral to recover the amount plus a little % and of course I will not tell you the exact amount.

If the buyer is feeling comfortable to reveal all the information of the privacy negotiation, he is free (but I don't think he will do it).

All the same, if you do not disclose that you are going to cause negative rep once sold, by posting in this manner, you are being dishonest.
Not attacking the profit angle, just the current thread.
Fact account had earned trust and now has negative can directly be corralated to this thread.
So strategy to angle is in play.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: