Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:07:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: hero status account sold, PSA to any old trade partners  (Read 2828 times)
ultimo_dragon (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:53:10 PM

Hey everyone. I used to own the bitcointalk account ruggedman_dan. I took out a loan on it and did not repay on time so I do not own it anymore. For the record, I did in fact try to buy the account back from the lender at a later time, but after disagreeing on the repayment amount and some time passing, he eventually sold it. That was fully his right to do...no problems with that. But I informed him that I would be letting people know the account was sold due to all of the trade history built up on the ruggedman_dan account. I just do not want anyone who dealt with me in the currency exchange forum in the past to come across any trouble.

Anyway that's it. I hope the right people see this and are alerted. Finally, I can indeed sign a message with old posted addresses to prove that account was mine.

Regards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 06:02:31 PM

Finally, I can indeed sign a message with old posted addresses to prove that account was mine.
Mind providing that message now? If this story is true, I'll be leaving a neutral rating on the account to warn new potential traders that they're not trading with the original account owner.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:05:39 PM

Hey everyone. I used to own the bitcointalk account ruggedman_dan. I took out a loan on it and did not repay on time so I do not own it anymore. For the record, I did in fact try to buy the account back from the lender at a later time, but after disagreeing on the repayment amount and some time passing, he eventually sold it. That was fully his right to do...no problems with that. But I informed him that I would be letting people know the account was sold due to all of the trade history built up on the ruggedman_dan account. I just do not want anyone who dealt with me in the currency exchange forum in the past to come across any trouble.

Anyway that's it. I hope the right people see this and are alerted. Finally, I can indeed sign a message with old posted addresses to prove that account was mine.

Regards.
Who was the lender? Looking back several pages of your post history, it looks like no loan requests remain posted going back all the way to late November, although it does look like that someone is a really big fan of BIBINKA.

The latest loan request I could find in the lending section was from redsn0w that was due in early November and appears to have been extended once.
ultimo_dragon (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:19:09 PM

address: 1D21VbzEakD5sdTPajcXDBkj9Ev3Uqxnic

---begin signed message---
hey bitcointalk.org users this is ultimo_dragon aka the cruiserweight champ. this is an address that i have used all over the forums.
---end signed message---

Signature: Gx9zFvK80TBzpImJW865TUy7gIQ236iCXFu4uIUEaVeNZJ3BY9AkvrrbXbIAJ5sxPV7JNzrc+gaNV5IxduzIwtw=
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:20:06 PM

I confirm everything and I'm not in possess of the ruggedman_dan's account, I've sold it because he defaulted the loan. I don't remember how much PMs I've sent and how much time I waited him, but definitely long time.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:25:56 PM

Regards.
Who was the lender? Looking back several pages of your post history, it looks like no loan requests remain posted going back all the way to late November, although it does look like that someone is a really big fan of BIBINKA.

The latest loan request I could find in the lending section was from redsn0w that was due in early November and appears to have been extended once.

Exactly, the loan was extended but after the second deadline he didn't repay me and I've sold/liquidated the collateral.

It is better to add also a date Wink.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 06:32:42 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 06:50:55 PM by Lutpin

---begin signed message---
hey bitcointalk.org users this is ultimo_dragon aka the cruiserweight champ. this is an address that i have used all over the forums.
---end signed message---
 Signature: Gx9zFvK80TBzpImJW865TUy7gIQ236iCXFu4uIUEaVeNZJ3BY9AkvrrbXbIAJ5sxPV7JNzrc+gaNV5IxduzIwtw=

Address is used by ruggedman_dan several times, e.g. here:

--START SIGNED MESSAGE--
Loan amount: 0.5 BTC
Repayment: 0.54 in 1 week or 0.57 in 2 weeks
Collateral: Forum account
Address: 1D21VbzEakD5sdTPajcXDBkj9Ev3Uqxnic
--END SIGNED MESSAGE--
HF9I53NmqRfkuUm5fMCaWpGcHxcgs9UM3rQHNHnNSluSZ1IfpBYZkMxIl5nRASj9RH16UNJYgnBwZjA Z83NxBH8=

The account is also currently on DT3 in haploid23's downlist.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:58:59 PM

Regards.

Exactly, the loan was extended but after the second deadline he didn't repay me and I've sold/liquidated the collateral.
Unfortunately that is the reality of making/taking loans with collateral. If the loan does not get repaid then at the end of the day, the borrower will likely not see such collateral in the future.

I am not sure that a negative feedback is warranted, or even that removing the previous positive feedbacks is warranted. The positive feedbacks allowed the previous owner to receive a larger loan, and allowed the lender to make a larger loan because the lender knew he could sell the account for a greater amount. If the above was not a true statement, and the original owner still needs the same, large amount of money, then the chances of him outright scamming to get this money would be greater. If the buyer knows that his new account will have the positive feedback removed/receive negative feedback when it is found out that he purchased the account, then he will not give the large premium for the account.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 07:10:26 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 07:22:13 PM by Lutpin

I am not sure that a negative feedback is warranted, or even that removing the previous positive feedbacks is warranted.
-snip-
Taking the loan part aside, a green trusted account is being sold, you think everyone should act as if the trust status the previous owner reached also simply applies to the new owner, just beause he paid a bigger price for it due to the positive trust?

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 07:53:16 PM

Regards.

what does the OP wanted to do now by posting this message and also accepting that he has defaulted the loan and the collateral account which he has given is sold and now he is informing about that account. Whether the OP wanted back his account or he wanted the collateral account to be get negative trust so that the purchaser should suffer as he will get negative trust now from all DT. Like this then everyone one will start doing this then no one will accept the account as collateral for loan. It is really insane if that collateral account gets negative trust then this is also a way of scam after defaulting the loan and then with new account come and accept the default he has done and declare the account details which he gave for loan collateral.

This is the new way of scam by first getting loan on collateral then you go defaulted that loan , and then open a new account and tell about that collateral account details and get that account in negative trust so the loan giver and the account purchaser get scam or cheated.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:01:54 PM

This is the new way of scam by first getting loan on collateral then you go defaulted that loan , and then open a new account and tell about that collateral account details and get that account in negative trust so the loan giver and the account purchaser get scam or cheated.

I don't consider myself 'scammed'.

I think a neutral trust (to ruggedman_dan) is more appropriate in this case, the new owner/buyer knew it was a risk buy a collateral like this (from a defaulted loan) but he did.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:07:41 PM

I am not sure that a negative feedback is warranted, or even that removing the previous positive feedbacks is warranted.
-snip-
Taking the loan part aside, a green trusted account is being sold, you think everyone should act as if the trust status the previous owner reached also simply applies to the new owner, just because he paid a bigger price for it due to the positive trust?
An alternate way to explain it is that the previous owner needed money, so he sold his trusted account in order to raise money, and was able to raise more money because his account was trusted. If he cannot raise this money then he may resort to scamming.

Just because someone has a trusted account does not mean they are able to scam with that account. If they try to scam with their trusted account and are unsuccessful then the money they just spent on his trusted account as he would likely receive a lot of negative trust after a failed scam attempt. I would say that over the long run trying to scam with a trusted account is going to be NPV negative.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:10:03 PM

Regards.

what does the OP wanted to do now by posting this message and also accepting that he has defaulted the loan and the collateral account which he has given is sold and now he is informing about that account. Whether the OP wanted back his account or he wanted the collateral account to be get negative trust so that the purchaser should suffer as he will get negative trust now from all DT. Like this then everyone one will start doing this then no one will accept the account as collateral for loan. It is really insane if that collateral account gets negative trust then this is also a way of scam after defaulting the loan and then with new account come and accept the default he has done and declare the account details which he gave for loan collateral.

people buy those accounts because they are trusted to scam others. thats a well known fact.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:20:15 PM

people buy those accounts because they are trusted to scam others. thats a well known fact.
Do you have any examples of this happening? Since it is such a well known fact you should have no problems in finding many examples of this
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:22:36 PM

Do you have any examples of this happening? Since it is such a well known fact you should have no problems in finding many examples of this

you really want me to dig up people that bought trusted accounts to scam others? come on, you should know better than me...

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:32:56 PM

Not gonna bother with more, might find them in my trust page(when I negged them). Nevertheless, here's one(positive trust was from master-p, in his DT days, and cyclops , both of whom removed it when I PMed them regarding the account sale): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=196264

Edit: Here's another one- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=161609 whose pos. trust was later removed
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 09:37:45 PM

Not gonna bother with more, might find them in my trust page(when I negged them). Nevertheless, here's one(positive trust was from master-p, in his DT days, and cyclops , both of whom removed it when I PMed them regarding the account sale): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=196264
Edit: Here's another one- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=161609 whose pos. trust was later removed
If we wanna keep to recent cases: areebmajeed -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=73702
He had trust aged to 10 before starting to advertise his ponzi.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:51:23 AM

If we wanna keep to recent cases: areebmajeed -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=73702
Only one of those three accounts actually scammed anyone, and that was the person who scammed a bunch of times via PayPal. The other two were (most likely) scam attempts and I believe will strengthen my argument. The two accounts that attempted to run a ponzi with a purchased account with trust should be considered a scam attempt (from my brief review of the two accounts, they were not able to actually steal anything) and since their attempt was not successful, whoever purchased the account lost out on however much they paid for it.
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 04:48:06 AM

Only one of those three accounts actually scammed anyone, and that was the person who scammed a bunch of times via PayPal. The other two were (most likely) scam attempts and I believe will strengthen my argument. The two accounts that attempted to run a ponzi with a purchased account with trust should be considered a scam attempt (from my brief review of the two accounts, they were not able to actually steal anything) and since their attempt was not successful, whoever purchased the account lost out on however much they paid for it.

mate, we all know scammers like to use established accounts to run their shit. we all know this, we see it nearly daily. yes i cant call out a name without digging it up but we know (and you better than a lot of people around here) it happens. i would love to say it isnt the case, but it is.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:10:56 AM

mate, we all know scammers like to use established accounts to run their shit. we all know this, we see it nearly daily. yes i cant call out a name without digging it up but we know (and you better than a lot of people around here) it happens. i would love to say it isnt the case, but it is.
I think I gave a number of reasons why this doesn't happen, and if it did happen on a regular basis then no digging would be necessary.

PS- aren't you the person who was permabanned recently? What exactly are you doing posting outside of meta?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: