Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:21:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Threatened Over My Bitcoin Ad  (Read 6050 times)
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 07:34:10 PM

> Sent from my iPad 2

I seriously LOLd

I imagined some guy sitting on his couch browsing craigslist with his iPad 2 looking out for any money laundering scams

I literally returned my iPad to Sam's Club and used the money to buy bitcoins. at $17/BTC. :-D

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 07:37:54 PM

For the hilarity of all of us, I highly suggest you do respond.

Agreed. You shouldn't let people make uncontested claims like that anyway. At least ask him to cite the statute. Post it back here if he replies. I'm really curious to see if there's actually something like that on Kentucky's books.

Hmm.

Sent the following:

Hi!

As I'm not in this to facilitate illegal activities, could you cite the statute illegalizing virtual currencies?

Much appreciated

I am a bit curious as to how he'll respond.

Criminalizing. "criminalizing". not "illegalizing".

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
Scientician!

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 07:42:51 PM

> Sent from my iPad 2

I seriously LOLd

I imagined some guy sitting on his couch browsing craigslist with his iPad 2 looking out for any money laundering scams

I literally returned my iPad to Sam's Club and used the money to buy bitcoins. at $17/BTC. :-D

I bet the Chinese kid who sold his kidney for an iPad2 woulda thought of that. Ancillary question: Going BTCrate for a malnourished Chinese kidney?

/OT

And who the hell reports income to the IRS on things they sell on craigslist anyways?
Said threatener. He's a government duck.

for you, Atlas:

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=13344.0

This bears serious examination. I can easily imagine that CIA/NSA/SS would deploy semi-automated HUMINT agents to troll for exactly these types of scenarios. Hell, BTC offers seem almost tailor made for a manipulation at these vectors.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 07:48:21 PM

I live in Kentucky, and have posted to Craigslist in the past.  I'm very interested in this sad little statist's response.  I'd certainly like to know if any such statute exists, and what it actually says.  I'd doubt seriously that it exists, the KRS (Kentucky Revised Statutes) are not really all that long or complicated for a state code, and I've read most of them.  I've never noticed anything talking about anything digital or currency related, but honestly I haven't looked either.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
mmdough

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:02:26 PM

I'm no lawyer, but I've been combing through the Kentucky Revised Statues for about an hour now, and can find nothing related to the subject-- not in the statutes, not in 2007 legislative reviews, not in the press; nowhere. He may be confusing Kentucky with China, which evidently banned virtual currency for real goods in 2007. It's an easy mistake to make (if you're a jabbering mental patient).

The closest thing I could find was a 2006 law requiring a licence for "persons engaging in money transmission," which seems inapplicable.

It could be a judicial ruling? I think I could find those somewhere.

I haven't completely finished looking through the tax code yet, but unless it's listed in some obscure corner, I ain't finding it.

But yeah, challenge the douche to cite you chapter and verse. He's probably some off-duty cop trying to flex his dick by pushing you around. Don't make assumptions, admit no possibility of wrongdoing, and be as brief and polite as possible.

Your initial message was good; let's see how he responds.
flaxceed

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

>>Note new email flaxceed@tormail.org<<

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:08:51 PM

why are we taking this clown so seriously?  this is kentucky people!  no disrespect to the OP of course

//////////////////////////////////////////////
>>>>>>flaxceed@tormail.org<<<<<<
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

>>>  NOTE:  This is a new email address.  It is now tormail.org, and no longer tormail.net!  <<<

enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:11:26 PM

He may be confusing Kentucky with China, which evidently banned virtual currency for real goods in 2007. It's an easy mistake to make (if you're a jabbering mental patient).
This is probably the case, I know it's what came up when I first googled around on this one.

"Google before you post" really is the new "think before you speak"
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:12:20 PM

why are we taking this clown so seriously?  this is kentucky people!  no disrespect to the OP of course

Of course.  The name of the state is a proper noun, btw; which requires the respect of a capital.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:22:15 PM

found this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Kentucky-Bitcoin-Users/157592440973611?sk=wall

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
flaxceed

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:22:45 PM

i know how to use capital letters but choose not to; i see you don't know the rules for semicolons though!

>>>  NOTE:  This is a new email address.  It is now tormail.org, and no longer tormail.net!  <<<

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:24:23 PM

i know how to use capital letters but choose not to; i see you don't know the rules for semi-colons though!

I see that you don't have the sense not to irritate the mod.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:27:01 PM

Just for giggles, I flagged this ad "Best of Craigslist".  I recommend that others do so as well.

flaxceed

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:41:44 PM

"I see that you don't have the sense not to irritate the mod."

at this point i'm just hoping you're not from Kentucky, Sir!

enmaku

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:46:43 PM

Of course.  The name of the state is a proper noun, btw; which requires the respect of a capital.

"BTW" is an acronym, which should be capitalized. I recognize that it's grown common enough that we imagine it to be an abbreviation, but it is not.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:50:22 PM

Born and raised.

enmaku

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:53:27 PM

Born and raised.

I just find it humorous that a state with stereotypes associated with it toward... a certain kind of behavior... is abbreviated "KY"

(I'm from California currently living in Vegas via St. Petersburg FL. Let the hometown/state criticism wars BEGIN!)
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 09:48:28 PM

Hilarious statist iPad 2 troll.  I can't wait for the response.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
syn

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:27:22 PM

bump for follow up.  OP, did ipad2 luser respond yet?

Also I marked --> http://westky.craigslist.org/sys/2427861692.html <-- for best of craigslist
BotherMeNot

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 08:14:29 PM

LOL.  Thanks for sharing.

Just a recommendation, let it be.  Don't reply or you are just giving him more info on you and you don't know what someone like that would do.
mcdett

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 10:44:47 PM

LOL.  Thanks for sharing.

Just a recommendation, let it be.  Don't reply or you are just giving him more info on you and you don't know what someone like that would do.

He already replied.  We're waiting for a response.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: