Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:27:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lost transaction  (Read 778 times)
chitrader (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:19:50 AM

Hi, I am a new Armory user. I have sent a small transaction to my wallet from another location but my wallet has been unable to find this transaction. I believe this is because the engine was never able to fully initialize. It seems that Armory wants to download the block chain history and process it. However, I installed Armory on to a drive that has very little hard drive space and  it is unable to finish initializing. Unfortunately Armory was offline when I did the transaction.

Is there anything I can do to either have Armory use another drive to use for initialization or to get the transaction into my wallet some other way? I have my wallet and a backup of it still.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 05:35:52 AM

Armory requires the full sync, but even when your are not synched, the coins you sent to yourself are safe and aren't going anywhere. You can change the directories used by using the command line arguments --satoshi-datadir and --datadir to set the data directories of Bitcoin Core (for the blockchain) and armory (for it's local databases) respectively.

chitrader (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 04:54:00 AM

Thanks knightdk. I am trying that and its in the middle of downloading as I write this.

I have another question... if I click off "let armory run bitcoind in the background" and run Bitcoin Core myself, does that also need to finish its download / sync with the network before I am able to see my transaction?

Thanks.
kevinjulio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:01:33 AM

Thanks knightdk. I am trying that and its in the middle of downloading as I write this.

I have another question... if I click off "let armory run bitcoind in the background" and run Bitcoin Core myself, does that also need to finish its download / sync with the network before I am able to see my transaction?

Thanks.
May I know Armory what you use as a wallet or give me a link ?

T 
TRENDING.me
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
      ⓉⓉⓉ  ICO - 15th Sept to 20th Oct   ⓉⓉⓉ                              ⊵⊵⊵⊵⊵ TRENDING.me ⊴⊴⊴⊴⊴
  ⓉⓉ  Reducing weekly bonus during ICO  ⓉⓉ               ✔ Earn Trends with your fashion style and attire.
       ⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉ  TRENDS ICO  ⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉ                   ►  ANN ThreadWhitepaperWebsiteBounty
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 05:28:02 AM

Thanks.
Yes, the only difference is that you will need to start bitcoin core yourself when you start armory otherwise it won't work. Armory relies on bitcoin core, it doesn't matter how it is started, the stuff it uses and needs are still the same.

chitrader (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:27:17 PM

Kevinjulio, I am not sure what you mean? I am just using Armory's wallet.

The sync finished (it took more than 2 days!), but I am still not seeing the bitcoins in my wallet. My wallet still has the address that I sent the coins to but its still not finding it. :/

The number of blocks shown in the bottom right corner of armory is smaller than the number of blocks of transaction history that bitcoin core has retrieved. ive tried hitting rescan on armory and it did not increase the count at all. Any more ideas?

Thanks
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:00:36 PM

Kevinjulio, I am not sure what you mean? I am just using Armory's wallet.

The sync finished (it took more than 2 days!), but I am still not seeing the bitcoins in my wallet. My wallet still has the address that I sent the coins to but its still not finding it. :/

The number of blocks shown in the bottom right corner of armory is smaller than the number of blocks of transaction history that bitcoin core has retrieved. ive tried hitting rescan on armory and it did not increase the count at all. Any more ideas?

Thanks

Your blockchain data is corrupt.

chitrader (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:23:47 PM

Does that mean I have to delete it and redownload it?
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:26:40 PM

Yes. I suggest once you get a functional one to back it up somewhere, so that you can pick up from that state if the issue happens later. I have some extra changes in the upcoming version that could get around those issues (no guarantees though).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: