Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:11:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'll try to pay my dentist with BTC  (Read 4915 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:25:48 AM

If the dentist is open-minded and forward-thinking there should be no reason not to accept bitcoin. You just have to explain to him what is and how bitcoin works.

ehm it's not about being open minded, it's about being good with the fiscal thing, dentist can not accept any form of unregulated money
rio3233

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:47:13 AM

At the end of the month, I'll fly to Budapest for some heavy dental work, and I'm planning to pay with BTC. Has anyone ever paid his/her dentist with BTC? The dentist I'll see mostly has foreign patients traveling to Hungary because it's much cheaper, so BTC would be convenient for many of them. Any argument I could use to convince my dentist?

Well, i never meet a dentist who accept bitcoin in my life. maybe in Budapest you will find one, why not you find it on google, maybe you found 1 haha. if the dentist not accepted bitcoin better not convince him.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:52:09 AM

Well, it's quite difficult convincing some one that most likely doesn't know anything about Bitcoin and its volatility. I would just explain him what the real benefits are and search for information on where in Hungary it's the best place for him to convert his coins into fiat. Also tell him that if he plays it right, he can probably avoid paying a significant amount of tax over that money. Wink
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:40:13 AM

Well, it's quite difficult convincing some one that most likely doesn't know anything about Bitcoin and its volatility. I would just explain him what the real benefits are and search for information on where in Hungary it's the best place for him to convert his coins into fiat. Also tell him that if he plays it right, he can probably avoid paying a significant amount of tax over that money. Wink

That indeed would be really useful fact.
I also hope that I can go back to pay a lot more things with BTC.
But the sad thing is that many people do not even know what Bitcoins.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:39:59 AM

I kind of doubt you can pay with bitcoin, does the dentist know bitcoin?

and then how can they remember their wallet when they are working, and then the last one is that you need to convert the value from fiat to bitcoin and then send it to the dentist, I think that is not really efficient

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Gloober

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:42:17 AM

I have never paid with bitcoin at my dentist. They don't accept it here at the moment.
That's cool though, that you are able to have the option to pay with bitcoin at your dentist.
dupeddonk

Activity: 189
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:42:57 AM

At the end of the month, I'll fly to Budapest for some heavy dental work, and I'm planning to pay with BTC. Has anyone ever paid his/her dentist with BTC? The dentist I'll see mostly has foreign patients traveling to Hungary because it's much cheaper, so BTC would be convenient for many of them. Any argument I could use to convince my dentist?

Just wait till after hes done cleaning your teeth and tell him sorry but you only have bitcoin, does he want it or not?
ConnAlt

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:43:58 AM

I think it won't work. Every doctor, dentist that I've met are greedy people... They won't understand and accept BTC...

I'm thinking the same, the most are greedy.
They just want to make money, they do not care about the bitcoin.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:48:54 AM

If the dentist is open-minded and forward-thinking there should be no reason not to accept bitcoin. You just have to explain to him what is and how bitcoin works.

ehm it's not about being open minded, it's about being good with the fiscal thing, dentist can not accept any form of unregulated money

The dentist won't pay any taxes on the unregulated money by the way. That means he is going to pocket everything and then some. If I were him I surely would accept that gladly.

dupeddonk

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:52:33 AM

The dentist won't pay any taxes on the unregulated money by the way. That means he is going to pocket everything and then some. If I were him I surely would accept that gladly.

You mean if he accepts bitcoin it would be easier for him to get away with committing tax fraud, and if you were him you would surely accept bitcoin so that you could commit tax fraud?
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:58:15 AM

Well this is a good piece of news; and idea. Kindly update us when you reach the place on whether the dentist accept Bitcoin. Smiley.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:10:50 PM

I don't think dentist gonna accept bitcoin for treatment. You can just have a try to make the dentist understand how it works. Even if the likes the tech its difficult that they accept suddenly. They may respond, next time will analyse and can try to accept. This time pay with dollars.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
DimensionZ

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:19:29 PM

You mean if he accepts bitcoin it would be easier for him to get away with committing tax fraud, and if you were him you would surely accept bitcoin so that you could commit tax fraud?

Do you think anyone here on this forum includes their Bitcoin profits in their annual tax form? So by your logic everyone here on this forum is guilty of committing tax fraud? Yeah let's all go to prison you are leading the way.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:23:19 PM

Do you think anyone here on this forum includes their Bitcoin profits in their annual tax form? So by your logic everyone here on this forum is guilty of committing tax fraud? Yeah let's all go to prison you are leading the way.

for a dentist is different he is in the register of physicians, you know this right? so his income is pretty much known by the authority he can not really evade easily
Greenenergy

Activity: 441

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:25:24 PM

Given that most of the countries have a social protection, you can't pay in Bitcoin since you wouldn't be able to give your contribution.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:28:50 PM

When I read "heavy dental work" it shakes me!Hope you don't have to suffer too much.
And the idea too pay your dentist with Bitcoin is at least worth a try.Maybe he will accept if he knows about it or you could explain it to him in a quick and easy way.
But ask him before doing the procedure!
Furthermore Budapest is a pretty cool city.Had been there a few times and always enjoyed it.So if you will have a bit of time and you never had been in that city before, do some sightseeing. Smiley
dupeddonk

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:31:03 PM

I wont be leading the way because I report all of my income, even the cryprocurrency related income I could easily lie about.

Just because you think youll never get caught doesn't make it ok to lie on your tax return.
DimensionZ

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:32:59 PM

for a dentist is different he is in the register of physicians, you know this right? so his income is pretty much known by the authority he can not really evade easily

Every medical professional is in the register of physicians but do you know that private practices can charge whatever they want and if the OP won't use his health insurance he could be charged whatever amount it's agreed upon and the register pf physicians as you mentioned doesn't know what you do in your private practice.

DimensionZ

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:37:02 PM

I wont be leading the way because I report all of my income, even the cryprocurrency related income I could easily lie about.

Just because you think youll never get caught doesn't make it ok to lie on your tax return.

You can say whatever you like over the Internet but I don't believe you for one second that you actually disclose your crypto operations to the authorities.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:38:23 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2016, 01:02:24 PM by Amph

Every medical professional is in the register of physicians but do you know that private practices can charge whatever they want and if the OP won't use his health insurance he could be charged whatever amount it's agreed upon and the register pf physicians as you mentioned doesn't know what you do in your private practice.

yeah they could but you need to find the right doctor that want to do that, many are ethical and avoid possible future trouble, when they need to declare all their income

since they "play" with large amount of money, it is easy for them to evade and they are more controlled than other
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: