Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:01:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VIRCUREX  (Read 64671 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:54:55 PM

BTC, NMC and LTC service back online again.

We hope to fix Soldcoin in the coming hours too.

confirmed withdrawl seemed to work for BTC

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:55:46 PM

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you lose?
Kumala (OP)

Activity: 525

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 11:08:08 PM

We'll post all the infos after we have done our investigation, the TRX IDs, IPs, Bitcoin address, etc. May it be of help to the other service providers out there.

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.
DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 11:19:38 PM

See if anyone notices if you don't.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 01:00:54 AM

See if anyone notices if you don't.

Lol werd.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 07:47:26 AM

I had hundreds of satoshis there I think.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Kumala (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 07:56:07 AM

Also Solidcoin is up and running again.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 04:58:50 PM

Kumala, hope you do everything fine.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
marketersales

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 07:40:44 PM

Any clue how this happened?
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 07:55:25 PM

Any clue how this happened?
Read the beginning of the thread ?

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 03:50:17 PM

Ouch, good luck with it. Bitcoin central's down too, looks like someone's being a pain in the ass.
That's just scheduled maintenance Smiley

The 80's called. They want their sysadmin back.

Who still does "scheduled maintenance" in 2013 ?

Every major scientific database provider.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 11:30:33 PM

Ltc withdrawels are 5 Ltc per withdrawel now, really? I have 10 Ltc on the site, and will have to pay 50% of it as a fee? You will lose a lot of business if this is for real.

Also, while you are at it, please take a look at other exchanges and improve your exchange. It's very confusing, you allow way too many scammy alt coins to be exchanged, which had premining going on like Solid Coin for example. Next, apart from the terrible page design, trading isn't convenient at all, I have to calculate and type dozens of digits whenever I want to change dvc or ixc to btc, then back to ltc. Why do I have to change for ltc, you might ask, other than the fact that I like ltc? Because the withdraw fee for Btc is at a ridiculous 0.1 btc per withdrawel. What a rip-off.

So, while I only use vicurex to profit from some merge mined fractions of coins (way too little volume for actual trading) some real competition for btc, nmc, ltc markets would be very muchly needed. It would be desirable if vircurex presented a a real alternative to btc-e. However, unfortunately you are lightyears away from it.
ThaddeusB

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 12:41:20 AM

Ltc withdrawels are 5 Ltc per withdrawel now, really? I have 10 Ltc on the site, and will have to pay 50% of it as a fee? You will lose a lot of business if this is for real.

Also, while you are at it, please take a look at other exchanges and improve your exchange. It's very confusing, you allow way too many scammy alt coins to be exchanged, which had premining going on like Solid Coin for example. Next, apart from the terrible page design, trading isn't convenient at all, I have to calculate and type dozens of digits whenever I want to change dvc or ixc to btc, then back to ltc. Why do I have to change for ltc, you might ask, other than the fact that I like ltc? Because the withdraw fee for Btc is at a ridiculous 0.1 btc per withdrawel. What a rip-off.

So, while I only use vicurex to profit from some merge mined fractions of coins (way too little volume for actual trading) some real competition for btc, nmc, ltc markets would be very muchly needed. It would be desirable if vircurex presented a a real alternative to btc-e. However, unfortunately you are lightyears away from it.

While I agree the 5 coin fee for LTC (and NMC) is ridiculous, the inclusion of many altcoins is what gives Vircurex its market niche.  So, please put the fee back to what it was, but leave the alt coins.  An easier way to spend "all funds" at once (on a buy) would be nice as well.
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 09:16:21 AM

While I agree the 5 coin fee for LTC (and NMC) is ridiculous, the inclusion of many altcoins is what gives Vircurex its market niche.  So, please put the fee back to what it was, but leave the alt coins.  An easier way to spend "all funds" at once (on a buy) would be nice as well.

You can spend all of whatever currency you are trading by clicking that balance and and then clicking a low enough sell price to cover all of those coins. If you mean out all of every currency into one buy, I'm not sure they can do that.

Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 09:23:28 AM

I'd just like to throw out some serious props to Kumala for how quickly and thoroughly he took care of this. I started trading again on Vircurex soon after they re-enabled deposits, and everything has been incredibly smooth.

Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 03:38:41 PM

Don't even think about changing the site... if people find it confusing, it says more about their own intelligence than it does about the site.

All the info I would need without a bunch of eye candy prettying up a pig like a few other sites I could name.

(reversible USD and EUR pairs would be nice tho Smiley )

Also, do we have to get new deposit addresses? The welcome messages (announcements) when we log in didn't say that at all. It wasn't until someone pointed me at this thread that I knew what was going on and what the announcements were referring to. (I'm not concerned about the few deposits I made to my old addys... total, they only amounted to a few IXC, so, no big deal)

-- Smoov
Kumala (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 03:43:16 PM

Fees reduced down to 1 NMC / 1 LTC respectively.

I had raised the fees due to the considerable amount of extra efforts required to repeatedly maintain those NMC and LTC wallets. People are depositing tons of little amounts (often smaller than 0.0001 LTC or NMC). This leads to the problem that the wallet often needs manual follow up because the wallet is too defragmented and cannot generate the withdrawal.

Kumala (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 03:46:04 PM

Also, do we have to get new deposit addresses? The welcome messages (announcements) when we log in didn't say that at all. It wasn't until someone pointed me at this thread that I knew what was going on and what the announcements were referring to. (I'm not concerned about the few deposits I made to my old addys... total, they only amounted to a few IXC, so, no big deal)

All your old addresses still work. Thus those "auto" deposits you might have running are all credited correctly.

The initial thought was to put in a new wallet due to the security breach, but looking through the system files/logs we believe the wallets have not been touched, that unfortunately only become after we had reset the addresses. I'll be uploading the "old" addresses to those of you who haven't regenerated them yet  in the coming days.

Kumala (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 03:54:16 PM

It would be desirable if vircurex presented a a real alternative to btc-e. However, unfortunately you are lightyears away from it.

I very much appreciate users feedback/wishes or recommendation on how further to improve the website. Feel free to send me ideas.

Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 04:03:10 PM

All your old addresses still work. Thus those "auto" deposits you might have running are all credited correctly.

The initial thought was to put in a new wallet due to the security breach, but looking through the system files/logs we believe the wallets have not been touched, that unfortunately only become after we had reset the addresses. I'll be uploading the "old" addresses to those of you who haven't regenerated them yet  in the coming days.
Thnxy... and I just got a deposit notification of one of the IXC deposits in question, so I can confirm that much is working.

-- Smoov
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: