Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:06:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum volume in exchange is made of ?  (Read 1117 times)
sandiman (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:08:09 PM

Hello lads,

I was wondering what is the most important counterpart in exchange for Ethereum. To be clear, concerning all the biggest market where ethereum is traded, I was asking myself in the total volume of these, how much does represent BTC/ETH, USD/ETH and EUR/ETH.

Indeed, if the biggest part of the global volume is BTC/ETH, it means that if BTC was meant to go up (which I trully believe), it would potentially reduce the value of the ETH.

I was also wondering when and at which frequency are ETH created by Ethereum, since it could also have consequences on the price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sandiman (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:06:44 PM

up Huh Huh Huh Huh
coinyard

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:17:30 PM

5 Ethereum is created every 15 seconds, that is 28,800 per day. At the price of $6, it needs $1.5 million fresh money to support the price.

GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:17:48 PM

Ethereum has no hard limit, so the marketcap is waaaaaayy tooooooooo overpriced. Will be funny when noobs get slaughtered
Sark

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:27:42 PM

BTC/ETH is by far the biggest volume pair
thms

Activity: 427

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:47:08 PM

Ethereum has no hard limit, so the marketcap is waaaaaayy tooooooooo overpriced. Will be funny when noobs get slaughtered

I think this was changed, it's now limited to ~100M ETH + small inflation, which will be about the same as the ETH lost.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1345668.msg13750830#msg13750830
sandiman (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:59:24 PM

I think this was changed, it's now limited to ~100M ETH + small inflation, which will be about the same as the ETH lost.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1345668.msg13750830#msg13750830

If this is true, this is a good new. The issue of the total volume of ETH traded against Bitcoin could lower ETH value if BTC goes up in the short term. Nonetheless, I think this issue will quickly be solved when more and more exchange will accept Fiat in counterparty of ETH (as already do Kraken).
Nybbas

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:42:36 PM

BTC/ETH is by far the biggest volume pair
Many times i saw this! And many of those coins are not listed or very low on Bittrex.
coinyard

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:06:37 PM

If this is true, this is a good new. The issue of the total volume of ETH traded against Bitcoin could lower ETH value if BTC goes up in the short term. Nonetheless, I think this issue will quickly be solved when more and more exchange will accept Fiat in counterparty of ETH (as already do Kraken).

The price of Bitcoin rose 5% today, the Ethereum price dropped against Bitcoin for about 15%. The volume also reduced.

sandiman (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:00:52 PM

The price of Bitcoin rose 5% today, the Ethereum price dropped against Bitcoin for about 15%. The volume also reduced.

I will continue to hold my Ethereum, I personnaly think the value can increase because this issue can easely be solved. I am also happy that bitcoin is going up  Grin
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:44:10 PM

this is something that I was expecting. although a small version of it.

I was expecting that after a while that ethereum rise slowed down and stopped all those investors who had put their money in ETH are cashing out after the rise and putting their money back into bitcoin so that would cause a price rise for bitcoin.

Only Bitcoin
coinyard

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:53:08 PM

I will continue to hold my Ethereum, I personnaly think the value can increase because this issue can easely be solved. I am also happy that bitcoin is going up  Grin

I will keep on buying to achieve 1500 Ethereum coins so that I can earn interest from staking. But I think 1500 is too high value.

sandiman (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:52:36 PM

I will keep on buying to achieve 1500 Ethereum coins so that I can earn interest from staking. But I think 1500 is too high value.

Right now to reach 1500 eth seems hard, at least for me. From where did you get that information?
coinyard

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:29:30 PM

Right now to reach 1500 eth seems hard, at least for me. From where did you get that information?

I do not know how authentic it is !

https://www.reddit.com/r/ETHSTAKERS/comments/3w3kye/minimum_bond_size/

"Interestingly I stumbled upon this : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xf_iHGI51Lp6nVHPZo0SdUw60-NA6YJUvk2s-eYaxLE/mobilebasic#
minDeposit - the minimum deposit required to become a proof of stake validator. Set to 1500.
maxDeposit - the maximum deposit allowed to become a proof of stake validator. If you want to deposit more, you must purchase multiple slots. Set to 50000.
scoringRewardDivisor - an inverse multiplier that affects the size of the rewards/penalties of users from the scoring rule. Set to 4294967296.
withdrawalDuration - the time needed to get your money out after withdrawing. Set to 10 000 000 seconds (~4 months).
maxIncentivizationDepth - the maximum depth to which the incentivization mechanism works. Set to 1000 blocks.
This might obviously change (this is for Casper 0.1), but this should give you an idea!"

americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:39:36 PM

Can you elaborate?  This is fascinating.  What do you think a fair market price would be?

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
coinyard

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:00:37 PM

Can you elaborate?  This is fascinating.  What do you think a fair market price would be?

The Ethereum number will increase about 20 million each year. The initial inflation is high, but in 100 years, the inflation is just 1% per year. In 1000 year, the inflation is just 0.1%

JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:59:28 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 04:51:26 PM by JosNekoKopa

Are you suggesting newbies should switch to Monero instead?
I mean now when SDC is slaughtered also?
americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:13:00 PM

Can you elaborate?  This is fascinating.  What do you think a fair market price would be?

The Ethereum number will increase about 20 million each year. The initial inflation is high, but in 100 years, the inflation is just 1% per year. In 1000 year, the inflation is just 0.1%

Dude are you serious?Huh?  In 100 years?  

By then we all may mobile consciousnesses in an AI nano swarm or some shit.  You are trying to set up a cryptocurrency for 100 years from now!??  

That's like trying to design a crossbow in 1500 that will be upgradable and relevant until the year 2000.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 05:35:33 PM

Ether is still PoW, has not changed to PoS yet. From reddit:

In about a year, when the next version of Ethereum is released, the network will switch from a Proof of Work system to a Proof of Stake system, called CASPER.
In CASPER, there will no longer be any miners. Rather, any entity (an individual or a group (such as a pool)) willing to put up at least 1500 ETH may become a validator. Validators are randomly selected to produce new blocks, and the other validators bet using their deposits on whether that block will be the final block. For this, validators receive both transaction fees and, possibly, a small subsidy of new ETH.

In the current, PoW, system, you can believe a block won't be reverted if more miners do calculations on that block's chain than any other. In the future CASPER system, you can believe a block won't be reverted if enough of the validators would lose their deposits if they turned out to bet wrongly.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: