Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:09:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Bitcoins have Tax??  (Read 40149 times)
BicolIsarog

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:59:27 PM

Generally be taxed as ordinary income, and be ineligible for capital gain treatment. If you get paid in dollars it doesn’t matter that the price of dollars against euros changes before you spend it. The value of the dollar may be rising internationally, but you are not taxed on that return like a normal investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 02:07:48 PM

Taxation entirely depends on the country of your residence. Even if your country don't have taxes on bitcoin, you can always declare your income as foreign asset in your income declaration form. The taxing authority will put the taxes accordingly.

I heard Canada is planning to impose tax on bitcoin but I see that most countries simply don't bother about bitcoin.

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 02:29:55 PM

Though we don't have and are not even close anything we could call standardization of cryptocurrency taxes, we can observe some moves toward regulating and taxing Bitcoin.
We should be happy, because this indicates that cryptocurrencies are definitely moving toward mainstream and financial industry acceptance.

If we want bitcoin to become a major currency taxation is inevitable.
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 02:43:37 PM

In most of the countries bitcoin is not legal, so there won't any taxes, but once it is legal then surely they will deduct the taxes, i hope in some countries bitcoin are accepted in stores so there may be taxes.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 02:45:39 PM

Taxation entirely depends on the country of your residence. Even if your country don't have taxes on bitcoin, you can always declare your income as foreign asset in your income declaration form. The taxing authority will put the taxes accordingly.

I heard Canada is planning to impose tax on bitcoin but I see that most countries simply don't bother about bitcoin.

yeah you can never give a general answer to this because each country has a different set of rules about bitcoin and some countries are not even aware of bitcoin existence.

for example where i live nobody knows what bitcoin is and i searched about laws about bitcoin and its usage, there were a couple of proposals but no laws were made so far.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 03:16:45 PM

There is no tax yet here in Pakistan as of yet on BTC, because it is not as popular to masses yet. I think once our government has a sniff about it, they'll surely tax it quite heavily.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:17:42 PM

Bitcoins have a "tax" on transactions, which are fees, because it helps the miners to have a bit more Bitcoin in their pocket, while prioritizing your transactions and helping everything to move along smoothly.

As for tax on income with Bitcoin, the only tax that exists is one that is imposed by the government on any capital gains you might get from Bitcoin, and anything else that's similar to that.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:18:05 PM

Short answer: YES

Bitcoin has no authority to demand taxes, its a math program.
Governments have the authority however. In the U.S., ALL MONEY YOU MAKE IS SUBJECT TO TAX LAW. Sometimes your tax rate may be zero, but the laws still apply. In the case of bitcoin you owe capitol gains on the appreciation in value. The rate varies depending on your tax bracket and other factors, but 10% is a normal amount.

Don't kid yourself into thinking that you don't have to pay taxes. All your transactions have been recorded on the blockchain forever and one day the IRS may hand you a bill that also includes penalties and interest. You might even have to do a little jail time.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:28:43 PM

Governments have the authority however. In the U.S., ALL MONEY YOU MAKE IS SUBJECT TO TAX LAW. Sometimes your tax rate may be zero, but the laws still apply. In the case of bitcoin you owe capitol gains on the appreciation in value. The rate varies depending on your tax bracket and other factors, but 10% is a normal amount.

Don't kid yourself into thinking that you don't have to pay taxes. All your transactions have been recorded on the blockchain forever and one day the IRS may hand you a bill that also includes penalties and interest. You might even have to do a little jail time......

......if you live in the USA. It's impossible to give tax advise on an international forum.

crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:30:41 PM

Same here never heard that bitcoin has a tax.. and we don't love it to happen in the future.. and i hope it will not happen this following years..
Bitcoins they are just asking for miners fee for every transaction thats it.
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:02:28 PM

i never heard about this that either there is any tax on bitcoin any where in the world or not. but i think bitcoin is still tax free. and those countries who have accepted bitcoin as a currency they may be thinking about bitcoin to have tax on it.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:08:30 PM

i never heard about this that either there is any tax on bitcoin any where in the world or not. but i think bitcoin is still tax free. and those countries who have accepted bitcoin as a currency they may be thinking about bitcoin to have tax on it.
There are taxes everywhere, they may be disguised as fees or whatever but it's always a tax for using a service or doing a thing or living in an area. A fee is just a nice word for a tax.

Miner's fees are a tax for using the network, withdrawal fees are a tax by companies, everything has some sort of a tax attached to it.

It's like Benjamin Franklin said, "In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes".
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:53:01 PM

Its impossible that bitcoin will be have a tax by a government for the future. but we dont know what will happen in the future and maybe it will happen..
And i hope they can only get low tax if it will happen..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
DlakavaKobasica

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 04:26:28 PM

In mx country tgere is not any tax for bitcoin do i am really happy becaude of that.Omg abiut 30% tax in sweden omg wtf why so big fees omg are they crazy or what.In EU every country can choose if she will have bitcoin tax.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 04:44:00 PM

Don't kid yourself into thinking that you don't have to pay taxes. All your transactions have been recorded on the blockchain forever and one day the IRS may hand you a bill that also includes penalties and interest. You might even have to do a little jail time......

......if you live in the USA. It's impossible to give tax advise on an international forum.
True. In some places perhaps there is no tax on BTC at all.  Huh

Also, can we stop confusing taxation and fees. Bitcoin HAS NO TAX. A lot of posters are calling the Tx fee a tax. The VOLUNTARY fee is payment for service. Routing your transactions costs money and bitcoin is not a free service. If you want something delivered you have to pay for it. It could be a postcard or a package from Amazon, or a bitcoin. You are simply paying for the work and expense involved in moving your BTC, and it is no more a tax than a UPS shipping charge.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 04:47:41 PM

True. In some places perhaps there is no tax on BTC at all.  Huh

Also, can we stop confusing taxation and fees. Bitcoin HAS NO TAX. A lot of posters are calling the Tx fee a tax. The VOLUNTARY fee is payment for service. Routing your transactions costs money and bitcoin is not a free service. If you want something delivered you have to pay for it. It could be a postcard or a package from Amazon, or a bitcoin. You are simply paying for the work and expense involved in moving your BTC, and it is no more a tax than a UPS shipping charge.

Very true or as MingLee above said, depending on how you define tax every thing everywhere in the world is taxed.

20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 04:53:02 PM

As far as I know, there's no tax. I never read the laws of other countries though, but I never heard of paying taxes for BTC either. The only 'tax' you can have is the commission when you exchange BTC into any other currency and vice versa.
PsursV

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:17:51 PM

Bitcoins have a "tax" on transactions, which are fees, because it helps the miners to have a bit more Bitcoin in their pocket, while prioritizing your transactions and helping everything to move along smoothly.

As for tax on income with Bitcoin, the only tax that exists is one that is imposed by the government on any capital gains you might get from Bitcoin, and anything else that's similar to that.
but it might only be present in those countries who have legalize it. other wise as it is not legalized not regularize by any state therefore they have not yet impose tax on bitcoin. so in most of the area bitcoin is still tax free.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:29:16 PM

As far as I know, there's no tax. I never read the laws of other countries though, but I never heard of paying taxes for BTC either. The only 'tax' you can have is the commission when you exchange BTC into any other currency and vice versa.
For now your right there is no country that has a laws for taxes for bitcoin.. but i think if we are use bitcoin just like pokemon how pokemon go trends right now maybe government will take action about this to add a laws about the taxes for bitcoin..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
data1

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:38:50 PM

no we dont have to pay any tax to use this free currency it is our currency which is not related anywhere with government .we van use it anyhow and anywhere

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: