Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:19:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [help needed] "no block source available"  (Read 1143 times)
spooderman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 04:02:43 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2016, 04:19:04 PM by spooderman

sorry if this has been done to death, but my core client (v0.11.2) has zero active connections and no block source available.

i'm running osx 10.8.5.

have rebooted, my internet connection is active. no vpn/tor.

i am at block 362048 (it's been a long time since i ran a node!)

help appreciated.

thanks

edit: i turned my VPN on and now it works. i am confuse :S

edit2 : the best i seem to be able to get is one active connection. is this anything to do with how much data i don't have? i.e people not connecting to my very out of date node?

Society doesn't scale.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6587

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 04:35:29 PM

Check your firewalls that they allow port 8333 both in and outbound connections.

ca333

Activity: 520
Merit: 522

Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:27:03 PM

sorry if this has been done to death, but my core client (v0.11.2) has zero active connections and no block source available.

i'm running osx 10.8.5.

have rebooted, my internet connection is active. no vpn/tor.

i am at block 362048 (it's been a long time since i ran a node!)

help appreciated.

thanks

edit: i turned my VPN on and now it works. i am confuse :S

edit2 : the best i seem to be able to get is one active connection. is this anything to do with how much data i don't have? i.e people not connecting to my very out of date node?

have you configured your netconn to only work with VPN? i had nodes on dedicated machine needed some time to get some connections. and i also still run a 0.11.2 node. so i think has nothing to do with the "outdated" node-version. (is only one version bump)

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: