Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:10:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perpetual motion device - Free Energy - Do you believe in it?  (Read 13951 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 04:22:37 PM

Money is maybe a good example of where that has gone wrong, as far as I know schools still introduce the concept of money to children using the gold and asset backed systems and later expand the story into the basics of fractional reserve banking. Maybe I was a dumb kid but at that stage it started looking like Greek so the gold backed system stuck in my head as the foundation of money.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly to plan.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 06:32:01 PM

I think the number of folks who truly and completely understand global economics is very small. That single subject on its own would need a lifetime dedicated to it just to have a hope of completely understanding it, do you think we should dedicate ourselves to that level of understanding for every subject a child becomes curious about to ensure we never lie to them?

No, I think we should explain to them as much as we already know, and if they have more questions, explain those as well, as opposed to oversimplifying because "they're just kids, so they wouldn't get it anyway." That's what my parents did, anyway (explain everything in as much detail as possible I mean). I still remember the lecture while walking with mom to the metro station on the properties of light, it's multiple wave frequencies, how they reflect at different angles when sent through prisms, and how prisms could be made of glass or water, and clouds are essentially a collection of millions of little prisms, when my 5 year old self asked, "Mom, where do rainbows come from?"
The idea, or hope, is that you can give your kids as much of your own knowledge as possible, so that they can start from where you are at and continue expanding their knowledge beyond that, instead of dumbing things down for them, and hope they get to your level when they have "grown up."
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 06:37:28 PM

I think the number of folks who truly and completely understand global economics is very small. That single subject on its own would need a lifetime dedicated to it just to have a hope of completely understanding it, do you think we should dedicate ourselves to that level of understanding for every subject a child becomes curious about to ensure we never lie to them?

No, I think we should explain to them as much as we already know, and if they have more questions, explain those as well, as opposed to oversimplifying because "they're just kids, so they wouldn't get it anyway." That's what my parents did, anyway (explain everything in as much detail as possible I mean). I still remember the lecture while walking with mom to the metro station on the properties of light, it's multiple wave frequencies, how they reflect at different angles when sent through prisms, and how prisms could be made of glass or water, and clouds are essentially a collection of millions of little prisms, when my 5 year old self asked, "Mom, where do rainbows come from?"
The idea, or hope, is that you can give your kids as much of your own knowledge as possible, so that they can start from where you are at, and continue expanding their knowledge beyond that, instead of dumbing things down for them, and hope they get to your level when they have "grown up."

But if you don't dumb things down for them, they won't be good little slaves when they grow up!

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 09:21:44 PM

How much would you bet that it works or doesnt?

This topic is aimed at mainly:
myrkul
Rassah

Is this video a scam?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6Qait2JGY#t=3m12s

and this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJdLA4w3w58

To get back OT:

I can't believe the number of of posters who actually bothered to watch the vids before posting. I haven't, and won't be wasting my time.

Perpetual motion machines are impossible. There's no video evidence I'll accept without an accompanying re-examination of the laws of thermodynamics (for laughs).

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 03:51:32 PM

I don't think free energy is impossible. Our experimental and mathematical modelling requires closed systems by definition, but in reality nothing exists in a closed system. The standard model doesn't hold up at the edges of our observational capabilities, especially when we use vast amounts of computational data to see new and unexplainable relationships. We have plenty of energy here and now for any conceivable purpose, but when it comes time to conquer the Universe, I'm sure we'll discover how to utilize Planck energy. It still may not be free, but there is evidence of power beyond our current understanding.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 07:02:58 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2013, 07:20:58 PM by Rassah

He has spent the years since then completing a system for the production of gravity and energy using a radioactive hydrogen-fueled reactor that is clean and safe.

Um, the only "radioactive" way to use hydrogen is to fuse it. Hydrogen is the lowest level element (1 proton, 1 electron), so any energy from it would have to be either from nuclear fusion, or burning it with oxygen. Only the fusion is radioactive. Did he actually figure out how to make a fusion reactor? If he did, he's ahead of every other scientist on the planet... Warning: Bullshit detected.

He has covered all aspects of the design of a new plasma nuclear system from the very beginning to its present stage. This has included the design, the fuel, the testing and practical applications.

Oh, plasma! OK. Except "plasma" is just a fancy word for "fire," so I guess his reactor just burns hydrogen. Why the hell is that radioactive? Bullshit alert level rising.

In September 2004 he was invited by a leading western country, through its government office organizations, to present his technology for evaluation.

From November 2004 to March 2005 his technology was under consideration by scientists at a university.

What country? Is it in the Americas or Europe? What government office? What scientists? What university? Was it a diploma mill? Were the scientists even in the same field of research? Why so vague??? Bullshit levels critical!

Keshe bottle plasma energy = dude just created a very basic acid battery, no different from a potato or lemon school science fair battery. Contrary to his claims, we understand where electromagnetism and gravity come from really well.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 07:13:26 PM

He has spent the years since then completing a system for the production of gravity and energy using a radioactive hydrogen-fueled reactor that is clean and safe.

Um, the only "radioactive" way to use hydrogen is to fuse it.
Not quite: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium

He has covered all aspects of the design of a new plasma nuclear system from the very beginning to its present stage. This has included the design, the fuel, the testing and practical applications.

Oh, plasma! OK. Except "plasma" is just a fancy word for "fire," so I guess his reactor just burns hydrogen. Why the hell is that radioactive? Bullshit alert level rising.
Plasma is a shit-ton more energetic than simple fire. The electrons are actually stripped from the nucleus. Not in itself radioactive, but a tritium-fueled Plasma reactor would be doable... if difficult to fuel. Not to mention shield.

In September 2004 he was invited by a leading western country, through its government office organizations, to present his technology for evaluation.

From November 2004 to March 2005 his technology was under consideration by scientists at a university.

What country? Is it in the Americas or Europe? What government office? What scientists? What university? Was it a diploma mill? Were the scientists even in the same field of research? Why so vague??? Bullshit levels critical!

100% agreed here, the lack of details makes it smell like urban legend.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 07:27:54 PM

Fire, the actual yellow or blue flame you see IS plasma. Just as different materials turn to solids, liquids, and gasses at different temperatures, they turn to plasma at different temperatures as well. Nor does it have to be particularly hot, as n neon lights are technically plasma too.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 07:35:22 PM

Getting a patent doesn't prove anything scientific. If they had been published in IEEE, that would've meant something.

Sure, I can read their claims and news, or I can just read the following
http://www.keshespace.com/
We have proved through the systems we have developed that have an internal structure similar to the dual core of the Earth, that gravity is created by the interaction of magnetic fields within the different cores of the planet.

And laugh at them and their believers.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 07:38:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXT7DNKnL8s
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."" - Ash

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 07:41:10 PM

+1 what cbeast said

myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 07:51:34 PM

Fire, the actual yellow or blue flame you see IS plasma. Just as different materials turn to solids, liquids, and gasses at different temperatures, they turn to plasma at different temperatures as well. Nor does it have to be particularly hot, as neon lights are technically plasma too.

Good point. But if I understand what the guy is doing, He's basically making a tritium neon light, and then using that as the core of the reactor. After a little more research, I found that shielding wouldn't be a problem, as the decay is beta particles, which could be blocked by paper shielding. (or just left unshielded, it's blocked by skin)

I still say LFTR would be more economical.

Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 08:31:46 PM

Pure energy systems websites are filled with pseudoscience. Linking to their wiki is not good evidence.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 09:08:59 PM

He gives a personal endorsement statement, as well as some theories about where the energy might be coming from.

Yeah, that's not how inventors and scientists work. They come up with ideas on how to create motors and energy generators using actual real physics, discovered and tested by others before them, then they build their machines with very specific expectations, and then they test to see if their ideas and hypotheses were correct.

They don't just slap some magnets and "scientific" stuff together, test what it does, and try to come up with "explanations" afterwards. Crackpots do that. Besides, if these guys build something, test it, and their tests show that it's putting out more energy than it's taking in, the correct conclusion isn't "free energy" or "over-unity," it's " your testing equipment is broken."
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 09:14:25 PM

He gives a personal endorsement statement, as well as some theories about where the energy might be coming from.

Yeah, that's not how inventors and scientists work. They come up with ideas on how to create motors and energy generators using actual real physics, discovered and tested by others before them, then they build their machines with very specific expectations, and then they test to see if their ideas and hypotheses were correct.

They don't just slap some magnets and "scientific" stuff together, test what it does, and try to come up with "explanations" afterwards. Crackpots do that. Besides, if these guys build something, test it, and their tests show that it's putting out more energy than it's taking in, the correct conclusion isn't "free energy" or "over-unity," it's " your testing equipment is broken."

It's also something these guys do: http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Sons_of_Ether Wink

Meizirkki

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 04:15:42 PM

They don't just slap some magnets and "scientific" stuff together, test what it does, and try to come up with "explanations" afterwards.
This does happen sometimes. It happened to me last year (without magnets, tho Tongue) when I built two tesla coils and found out that wireless (via ground) energy transfer between the two is many times more efficient than radiative energy transfer. Internet is filled with crackpot explanations to that and I wasted half a year of my life just to figure it out. Stupidest thing being that without these crackpot explanations making a mess out of a simple phenomenon I probably would have figured it out myself very fast.

There's also one thing I've found out by experiment that I haven't found an explanantion to. An U shape steel core electromagnet and a steel bar connected to it, activated with a high current pulse. The steel bar attached at the point of activation stays strongly attached even after the short pulse if over and power source disconnected. If forced apart they will no longer attach. Nothing significant, just interesting Smiley

And back to the topic: Telluric currents are also a possible source of free energy for a few light bulbs. Wink
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 04:22:24 PM

And back to the topic: Telluric currents are also a possible source of free energy for a few light bulbs. Wink

Yeah, I believe I read about that in an issue of Paradigma.

Just in case it's not clear (we might not all be White Wolf fans):  Roll Eyes

Meizirkki

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 04:46:04 PM

I don't get it sry. (I'm not a netive english speaker)
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 04:53:41 PM

I don't get it sry. (I'm not a native english speaker)
This link should help:
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Sons_of_Ether

Meizirkki

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 05:05:05 PM

I don't get it sry. (I'm not a native english speaker)
This link should help:
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Sons_of_Ether
Ah, right. Cheesy I see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: