Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perpetual motion device - Free Energy - Do you believe in it?  (Read 13951 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:12:41 AM

This tread is about joke technology. There is no such thing as a perpetual motion device! There are machines of extreme efficiency but no manfacured device can operate perpetually without interference. Even a waterfall will eventually run dry or be naturally diverted to a different to a new location.
Wow, look at how indoctrinated this guy is! "No such thing" that's what they said about atoms!

Trust me, I have unverifiable testimonials from millions if not hundreds of satisfied customers!

Everything has a usable life. Nothing (even the sun) can operate forever.
My machine will outlast the sun by a factor of 10. Or it would, if it wasn't near the sun.

Just wondering how long you think you'll be able to keep this up? At least you don't have to worry about keeping a straight face Smiley
I don't know. I started to fear that people were taking me seriously (?!), so I was planning on making it more and more ridiculous before shunning the nonbelievers and making a grand exit.

Now, though, I guess my work here is done.

You fucker! LMFAO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 05:22:12 AM

Incidentally, I ordered four N52 12cm x 2cm x 1.5cm magnets, which should be arriving shortly, and have all the wiring and rods needed for my 2 meter long rail gun. Just need to put it together. Should be fun!  Grin
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:49:11 AM

Incidentally, I ordered four N52 12cm x 2cm x 1.5cm magnets, which should be arriving shortly, and have all the wiring and rods needed for my 2 meter long rail gun. Just need to put it together. Should be fun!  Grin
railguns don't involve magnets, do they? Huh
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 10:20:16 AM

This tread is about joke technology. There is no such thing as a perpetual motion device! There are machines of extreme efficiency but no manfacured device can operate perpetually without interference. Even a waterfall will eventually run dry or be naturally diverted to a different to a new location.
Wow, look at how indoctrinated this guy is! "No such thing" that's what they said about atoms!

Trust me, I have unverifiable testimonials from millions if not hundreds of satisfied customers!

Everything has a usable life. Nothing (even the sun) can operate forever.
My machine will outlast the sun by a factor of 10. Or it would, if it wasn't near the sun.

Just wondering how long you think you'll be able to keep this up? At least you don't have to worry about keeping a straight face Smiley
I don't know. I started to fear that people were taking me seriously (?!), so I was planning on making it more and more ridiculous before shunning the nonbelievers and making a grand exit.

Now, though, I guess my work here is done.

Crap! I guess I ruined everything. I should've pm'ed you. I was actually expecting something along the lines of "Keep this up? What do you mean? And why would "keeping a straight" face be difficult? You lot are all alike - blinded by your devotion to science, etc."

I thought they involved electomagnets.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 11:47:07 AM

lol... show of hands, how many people actually thought I was a free energy nut?
Meizirkki

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 11:51:59 AM

you had quite a clear sarcastic tone in your posts. I don't think you fooled many.  Grin
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 02:14:53 PM

I thought they involved electomagnets.

The wiring and rods will make the electromagnet rail. The permanent neodymium N52 (EXTREMELY powerful) magnets will attract to the wave traveling down those rods, one on each side with the electromagnetic flux going between them. I'm not going to let them shoot out, though, since the 4 of them were about $200. This is just for a demo to sell to some companies. Theoretically, though, I should be able to send them through a wall easily enough.

I thought you were. But then, I deal with those nuts often enough in my real life, so...
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

I did! Kind of wondered how you could be preaching that crap. lol

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:36:42 PM

I can't imagine any way to interpret the monopole video that isn't problematic.  Did any of you actually watch it, especially those who have had a NiFeB magnet?

I try to be respectful and informed.
Meizirkki

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:23:02 PM

I can't imagine any way to interpret the monopole video that isn't problematic.  Did any of you actually watch it, especially those who have had a NiFeB magnet?
if you're serious, please repost a link. I always like to comment. Smiley
Meizirkki

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:26:29 PM

The wiring and rods will make the electromagnet rail. The permanent neodymium N52 (EXTREMELY powerful) magnets will attract to the wave traveling down those rods, one on each side with the electromagnetic flux going between them. I'm not going to let them shoot out, though, since the 4 of them were about $200. This is just for a demo to sell to some companies. Theoretically, though, I should be able to send them through a wall easily enough.
interesting. (and cool Cheesy)
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:06:48 PM

It was in the OP.

Meizirkki

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:50:31 PM

I can't imagine any way to interpret the monopole video that isn't problematic.  Did any of you actually watch it, especially those who have had a NiFeB magnet?
It was in the OP.
yeah, that one. It's called a homopolar motor and it's powered by a battery inside the piece of wood.

EDIT: wait i'm not sure it's a homopolar motor. But a motor anyhow.
EDIT2: nevermind the edit, it's a homopolar motor
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:02:10 PM

I can't imagine any way to interpret the monopole video that isn't problematic.  Did any of you actually watch it, especially those who have had a NiFeB magnet?
It was in the OP.
yeah, that one. It's called a homopolar motor and it's powered by a battery inside the piece of wood.

I'm trying to decide if it is fraud, or farce.
The standard view is that no monopole magnets exist, though very serious and capable investigators are searching for them.
The presentation in the film fails to present monopoles in any light that is credible.

Meizirkki

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:04:31 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=izvitxGgZiQ

There's a complete description of the device. It does not involve monopole magnet.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 07:43:32 PM

It was in the OP.

The standard view is that no monopole magnets exist, though very serious and capable investigators are searching for them.
The presentation in the film fails to present monopoles in any light that is credible.

Monopole magnets exist (the discovery was presented at the Global MAGLEV Conference in 2000 in Lausanne, Switzerland), but they are only possible in superconducting type environments, needing a ton of energy input. Regardless, you wouldn't be able to get a piece of wire to spin with a monopole magnet, since that wire would just be attracted to such a magnet the same way it would be attracted to one of the poles of any normal magnet.
What's happening in the video is the nails are hooked up to a battery hidden in the wooden block, and the ends of the wire insulation are scraped off on one side, so the wire coil becomes a magnet when the scraped side is down, and stops being a magnet when the scraped side is up. Once you get the coil spinning, it periodically turns into a magnet, pulling one end of it (actually just orienting itself) towards the magnet, then it turns off, using inertia to continue spinning until it turns on again, pulling itself once more. A fairly basic motor.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 07:55:41 PM

I just leave that here

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 08:19:21 PM

I just leave that here

[Graph of Stoner Wohlfarth MainLoop]

Um, can you provide some context/explain how this is relevant?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 08:23:48 PM

I just leave that here

[Graph of Stoner Wohlfarth MainLoop]

Um, can you provide some context/explain how this is relevant?

I strongly suspect that the majority of perpetual motion "inventors" were annoyed by the explanation of magnetic hysteresis in high school.
Essentially that is the juggalo meme in a graph.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:15:40 PM

Monopole magnets exist (the discovery was presented at the Global MAGLEV Conference in 2000 in Lausanne, Switzerland), but they are only possible in superconducting type environments, needing a ton of energy input. Regardless, you wouldn't be able to get a piece of wire to spin with a monopole magnet, since that wire would just be attracted to such a magnet the same way it would be attracted to one of the poles of any normal magnet.
What's happening in the video is the nails are hooked up to a battery hidden in the wooden block, and the ends of the wire insulation are scraped off on one side, so the wire coil becomes a magnet when the scraped side is down, and stops being a magnet when the scraped side is up. Once you get the coil spinning, it periodically turns into a magnet, pulling one end of it (actually just orienting itself) towards the magnet, then it turns off, using inertia to continue spinning until it turns on again, pulling itself once more. A fairly basic motor.

Cool.  I guess I'm 13 years behind in my reading...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: