Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:11:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perpetual motion device - Free Energy - Do you believe in it?  (Read 13951 times)
s40ward

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:22:18 PM

Perpetual energy in the sense of perpetual motion seems less than ideal to me.  Why not utilize the energy of empty space?  Free energy baby Cheesy 

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:24:26 PM

Perpetual energy in the sense of perpetual motion seems less than ideal to me.  Why not utilize the energy of empty space?  Free energy baby Cheesy 
please continue
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:55:52 PM

I'm trying to decide if it is fraud, or farce.
The standard view is that no monopole magnets exist, though very serious and capable investigators are searching for them.
The presentation in the film fails to present monopoles in any light that is credible.

Monopole magnets exist (the discovery was presented at the Global MAGLEV Conference in 2000 in Lausanne, Switzerland), but they are only possible in superconducting type environments, needing a ton of energy input. Regardless, you wouldn't be able to get a piece of wire to spin with a monopole magnet, since that wire would just be attracted to such a magnet the same way it would be attracted to one of the poles of any normal magnet.
What's happening in the video is the nails are hooked up to a battery hidden in the wooden block, and the ends of the wire insulation are scraped off on one side, so the wire coil becomes a magnet when the scraped side is down, and stops being a magnet when the scraped side is up. Once you get the coil spinning, it periodically turns into a magnet, pulling one end of it (actually just orienting itself) towards the magnet, then it turns off, using inertia to continue spinning until it turns on again, pulling itself once more. A fairly basic motor.

I made a device following Geim et al in Nature, 2000, nicknamed "the diamagnetic levitator."

I used a Radio Shack NiFeB, some custom made 0.5" x perhaps 3/16" Bismuth disks of which I still have perhaps 5,000, and a low energy ceramic "Kitchen Magnet" all in very carefully aligned initial geometry.

Is there any chance you have the software to do a mesh analysis of the magnetic field and potential energy vs displacement of the system?
In addition, I would like to have an analysis with a bismuth torus about 1mm tube, ideal cross section, large enough to clear the NiFeB magnet, at at the height where gravity and magnetic life nominally cancel.
Such software was far, far outside my budget in 2000.

I try to be respectful and informed.
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 11:06:22 PM

lol... show of hands, how many people actually thought I was a free energy nut?

I did! Kind of wondered how you could be preaching that crap. lol
I guess I need to take my "!!!!!11" and make it "!!!!!11one" Wink
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 04:20:13 AM

Is there any chance you have the software to do a mesh analysis of the magnetic field and potential energy vs displacement of the system?

I have access to such software, but don't actually own it Sad
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:45:14 AM

I have access to such software, but don't actually own it Sad

Does that mean "work justified access" only?  Undecided
But wait, professional development is always ok, right?

I try to be respectful and informed.
s40ward

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:51:13 AM

please continue

According to the disclosure project, the aliens (Shocked) use a "free energy" device that does just this.  You know how in a quantum vacuum state there is still energy present?  Heisenberg had a lot to say about this.  Here's the wiki with more info on vacuum energy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_energy.  Now I understand that the disclosure project has a scientific importance roughly equivalent to the town drunk, but it's still a neat idea to consider.  No fuel required.  You're using the energy inherent to the universe.  There's something beautiful about that.  

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meizirkki

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 08:57:08 AM

According to the disclosure project, the aliens (Shocked) use a "free energy" device that does just this.  You know how in a quantum vacuum state there is still energy present?  Heisenberg had a lot to say about this.  Here's the wiki with more info on vacuum energy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_energy.  Now I understand that the disclosure project has a scientific importance roughly equivalent to the town drunk, but it's still a neat idea to consider.  No fuel required.  You're using the energy inherent to the universe.  There's something beautiful about that.  
ah, I see. Cool I'm into this aether theory actually, that there's an all space filling medium. That means no free energy ofc, but it can explain the appearing and disappearing particles Smiley
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 09:39:31 AM

please continue

Aliens? Are these Mexicans, Canadians or New Zealanders?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 02:30:42 PM

please continue

The timing of today's XKCD is quite ironic http://www.xkcd.com/1240/
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:22:00 PM

Perpetual energy in the sense of perpetual motion seems less than ideal to me.  Why not utilize the energy of empty space?  Free energy baby Cheesy  
please continue

The timing of today's XKCD is quite ironic http://www.xkcd.com/1240/

You know your way around magnetism, tell me what you think about this device:

https://www.google.com/search?q=clearwave+cw-125+review

My water is so hard that I need a chisel to clean the tub and I don't have room for a salt softener. Think it'll work?

Edit: BTW, did you ever complete that project for the maglev train? You know, the one where I asked you if we're doing your homework for you.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 03:41:04 AM

My water is so hard that I need a chisel to clean the tub and I don't have room for a salt softener. Think it'll work?

Edit: BTW, did you ever complete that project for the maglev train? You know, the one where I asked you if we're doing your homework for you.

I don't really know much about particle ionization, sorry Sad

As for that MAGLEV train. working on it. We've decided to focus on the linear motor, first, since a model of it is fairly easy and cheap to built (that's what the "rail gun" with the magnets I ordered is for), and our (my business partner and I) idea is to pitch the linear motor to roller coaster companies. We want to present it to them as an option to set up a high speed linear motor down the lengths of the entire coaster track, so roller coasters don't have to be limited by inertia from the first drop any more and can even accelerate up.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:59:14 AM

I don't really know much about particle ionization, sorry Sad

As for that MAGLEV train. working on it. We've decided to focus on the linear motor, first, since a model of it is fairly easy and cheap to built (that's what the "rail gun" with the magnets I ordered is for), and our (my business partner and I) idea is to pitch the linear motor to roller coaster companies. We want to present it to them as an option to set up a high speed linear motor down the lengths of the entire coaster track, so roller coasters don't have to be limited by inertia from the first drop any more and can even accelerate up.

Thanks anyway. I'm going to try it only because it doesn't take up much space.

That's a cool idea and much less red tape to plow through. You're lucky that uncle left you the rights to his work. You can build on that for a lifetime career.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 03:13:19 PM

You're lucky that uncle left you the rights to his work. You can build on that for a lifetime career.

Grandpa. And the main issue we're dealing with is that his  level of physics and mathematics is beyond that of anyone else we can find, so it's going to be really hard to keep moving forward
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:25:08 AM

You're lucky that uncle left you the rights to his work. You can build on that for a lifetime career.

Grandpa. And the main issue we're dealing with is that his  level of physics and mathematics is beyond that of anyone else we can find, so it's going to be really hard to keep moving forward

Oh yeah, Grandpa. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:29:28 PM

Its nice to see some guys actually make progress and best of all its 100% open source.
Unfortunately its in German but he is running a 230 volt AC Washing machine motor of a 9 volt battery (yes its barely turning but you have to start somewhere), or charging a 40Ah car battery for half an hour with the 9 volt milliamp battery.
http://www.slimlife.eu/wordpress/2013/09/selbstlaufender-stromerzeuger-ritter-ladegeraet/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK8hQX7GDDA

A word of warning though as the ball rotates at several thousands of RPM (yes you read right) some guys have overdone it and consequently the ball disintegrated and seriously wounding some guy. Main rotation is North to South and also alternatively spins left to right.
Meizirkki

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:39:14 PM

A word of warning though as the ball rotates at several thousands of RPM (yes you read right) some guys have overdone it and consequently the ball disintegrated and seriously wounding some guy. Main rotation is North to South and also alternatively spins left to right.
yay, a step up converter. I made a solid state version of one year ago. It made 9mm long sparks, terrible noise and lit up many 120cm fluorscent bulbs with a single 4.2V li-po cell.

Efficiency was very good (>90%), probably much better than the above posted circuit has.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 07:40:54 PM

Finally we are starting to get into the real crank territory. Cheesy
Meizirkki

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:46:06 PM

What infuriates me is how every perpertual motion site has Nikola Tesla's face next to all the crackpot free energy researchers.

Tesla was a brilliant guy, ruining his image is the worst way to gain interest to shady websites Sad
HyperBeam

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:50:51 PM

Lol, that first video is just a basic electric motor; there's just a battery inside that wooden block connected to those pins.
You can learn how to build a similar device to the one in the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elFUJNodXps

It works using the same principle that all electric motors use, which is that a magnetic field exerts a force on a current-carrying wire.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: