Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:22:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perpetual motion device - Free Energy - Do you believe in it?  (Read 13948 times)
Anon135246

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:51:17 PM

Tesla gained a lot of popularity after Red Alert 1 Tongue
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:52:36 PM

Lol, that first video is just a basic electric motor; there's just a battery inside that wooden block connected to those pins.
You can learn how to build a similar device to the one in the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elFUJNodXps

It works using the same principle that all electric motors use, which is that a magnetic field exerts a force on a current-carrying wire.
repost of a repost etc.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 07:54:45 PM

What infuriates me is how every perpertual motion site has Nikola Tesla's face next to all the crackpot free energy researchers.

Tesla was a brilliant guy, ruining his image is the worst way to gain interest to shady websites Sad

Well he is said to have lost his mind in the last years. The stuff he did come up with prior to his death functions as a crank magnet. Mostly his dispute with Einstein and the rest of the community of the time. This makes him look like a role model to people who think they are up to something but have more screws loose than Tesla had at an old age.
Meizirkki

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:10:18 PM

Tesla and Einstein only had different theories on things. Neither were wrong, they just had different explanations to the same observations. Judging from his engineering abilities Tesla was nothing but clueless of how nature works. I'd like read about his theories, too bad the internets weren't around back then to capture the debates Wink
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:10:56 PM

Perpetual motion is possible only if you don't try to get energy out of it.

Pulling energy from the system make it slow down and stop.
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:12:49 PM

Lol, that first video is just a basic electric motor; there's just a battery inside that wooden block connected to those pins.
You can learn how to build a similar device to the one in the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elFUJNodXps

It works using the same principle that all electric motors use, which is that a magnetic field exerts a force on a current-carrying wire.
Thats another build this guys use a 1.8 amp 12 volt (flat 9.6) battery.
Its Open Source you know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1ErNfqV5fM&feature=player_embedded
@Meizirkki
Electric motors and Neon lamps are completely different worlds
Meizirkki

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:15:49 PM

@Meizirkki
Electric motors and Neon lamps are completely different worlds
no they aren't
Meizirkki

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:21:40 PM

And by the way, that washing machine motor is likely an universal motor that runs on any kind of input. You could probably power it from enough batteries without using a step up circuit.
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 09:30:57 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2013, 09:58:24 PM by manfred

And by the way, that washing machine motor is likely an universal motor that runs on any kind of input. You could probably power it from enough batteries without using a step up circuit.
That could well be, that is just some guys reproducing the circuit and trying different things.

Now going back to the original source the inventor Richard Ritter and his Battery charger.
He is lighting a car back-light 12v and charging a 40Ah Battery at the same time with a death 9v 200mA (5.4 volt) Battery.
His Batteries get burned out because 13.9 volt AC is feed back into them.
Remember its 100% Open source so no hidden coils or whatever.
I guess i just have to invest in a 10mm Neo-Magnet Ball and have a play myself.

Original source of all the fuss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ZYxhLdqqw&feature=youtu.be
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 09:37:59 PM

I believe perp motion is possible, to an extent.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 09:53:48 PM

This is the most complete site I know about the topic:

http://www.free-energy-info.tuks.nl/

It's really worthy to check out, and the one that really made me think that alternative methods of energy production are indeed possible.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:10:25 PM

sort of
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 10:15:23 PM

sort of

Which is powered by the enthalpy between the ambient air and the water.
So not even close.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:38:55 PM

Tesla and Einstein only had different theories on things. Neither were wrong, they just had different explanations to the same observations. Judging from his engineering abilities Tesla was nothing but clueless of how nature works. I'd like read about his theories, too bad the internets weren't around back then to capture the debates Wink

Tesla was brilliant, but like most brilliant guys, he was a bit "touched."  Towards the end of his life, he was touched more than just a bit.  I make this list of the "weirder" Tesla claims as an admirer, not to be an ass.

Tesla theorized about, planned to build, or claimed to have invented the following inventions.

-Teleforce [deathray, particle ray that would destroy armies & all the airplanes in the air.  "But it is not an experiment... I have built, demonstrated and used it. Only a little time will pass before I can give it to the world." ]
-Free Energy. [wikip claims that he meant "utilizing untapped natural sources," but the line's pretty hazy, he was describing harnessing "energies" like gravitational fields]
-Earthquake Machine: a pocket-sized device that could shake a house apart with building waves of energy. [he was obsessed with resonant circuits.]
-Force Field: a Scalar field dome made of energy that will eventually be built big enough to protect a city from attack during wars.
-Tesla's Flying Machine: cigar-shaped.  Nuff said.
-Tesla's car powered by cosmic energy -- a hoax having nothing to do with Tesla, that his loony admirers nevertheless attribute to him.  See here.
-Thought Camera:

And tons more.  He was a great troll.  Possibly the best known pic of him, the one where he reads a newspaper as the Tesla coil is blasting mile-long sparks, is a superimposition of two negatives Smiley

Edit:  The list can be sort-a/mostly found here, though wikip is really shaky on Tesla.  Some stuff pruned/some added.
Meizirkki

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:51:21 AM

He is lighting a car back-light 12v and charging a 40Ah Battery at the same time with a death 9v 200mA (5.4 volt) Battery.
His Batteries get burned out because 13.9 volt AC is feed back into them.
Remember its 100% Open source so no hidden coils or whatever.
I guess i just have to invest in a 10mm Neo-Magnet Ball and have a play myself.

Original source of all the fuss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ZYxhLdqqw&feature=youtu.be
I encourage you to buy the ball, and do some testing. Also, take some time to learn about how electricity and the nature work.

These circuits you're posting are very simple. If any of them were to create energy it would surely happen somewhere in the nature. Think about the consequences. Free energy theorists often talk about saving the world and endign energy wars. But what would happen if all the sudden, someonefound a way to create energy for free? The entire planet would overheat and burn because of humans wasting energy.
Meizirkki

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 12:09:47 PM

Tesla theorized about, planned to build, or claimed to have invented the following inventions.

-Teleforce [deathray, particle ray that would destroy armies & all the airplanes in the air.  "But it is not an experiment... I have built, demonstrated and used it. Only a little time will pass before I can give it to the world." ]
-Free Energy. [wikip claims that he meant "utilizing untapped natural sources," but the line's pretty hazy, he was describing harnessing "energies" like gravitational fields]
BS. I really need a better cite for the gravitation thing. However, Tesla did propose the utilization of geothermal energy, which today is utilized exactly the same way he theorized hundred years ago.
Here's my earlier post dealing with these two points
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136137.msg1451263#msg1451263

-Earthquake Machine: a pocket-sized device that could shake a house apart with building waves of energy. [he was obsessed with resonant circuits.]
-Force Field: a Scalar field dome made of energy that will eventually be built big enough to protect a city from attack during wars.
-Tesla's car powered by cosmic energy -- a hoax having nothing to do with Tesla, that his loony admirers nevertheless attribute to him.  See here.
-Thought Camera
here, though wikip is really shaky on Tesla.  Some stuff pruned/some added.
I call [citation needed] on force field and thought camera. Resonator thingy and flying machine are plausible.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 12:48:33 PM

BS. I really need a better cite for the gravitation thing. However, Tesla did propose the utilization of geothermal energy, which today is utilized exactly the same way he theorized hundred years ago.
Here's my earlier post dealing with these two points
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136137.msg1451263#msg1451263

-Thought Camera
here, though wikip is really shaky on Tesla.  Some stuff pruned/some added.
I call [citation needed] on force field and thought camera. Resonator thingy and flying machine are plausible.

I'm not sure what sort of citations you expect.  I can certainly give you Wikip links, would you be happy with that?  I can point you to books like "The Fantastic Inventions of Nikola Tesla," multiple biographies, and other questionable authorities.  I can not otherwise document my claims without doing some serious poring through the stacks & a healthy dose of luck.  If Tesla was not granted a patent for a particular "invention," what would you accept as "documentation"? 
If you *are* happy with wikipedia as a source, everything i have mentioned could be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nikola_Tesla_patents Smiley

Finally, i hope you have read my post in its entirety.  I'm not trying to make Tesla out to be a loon. He's someone i admire.
Meizirkki

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 01:39:11 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 02:17:03 PM by Meizirkki

Finally, i hope you have read my post in its entirety.  I'm not trying to make Tesla out to be a loon. He's someone i admire.
yes, I did. I wasn't challenging you, only questioning your cite. Smiley

Tesla has indeed been a crack magnet, for much much longer than the internet has existed. Many old books get things wrong about him too, some which wikipedia use as citations. The only sources I consider very reliable are interviews and patents, plus other documents where Tesla himself has had the chance to state things by himself.

For example, his magnifying transmitter and the rest of the "world system" he planned have been taken out of context countless of times throughout the history and if you look into some of the perpertual motion communities in the web, they have a lot of credible looking citations that basically say "it works but nobody knows how". It just so happens that Tesla himself was interviewed about it during his lifetime, and that interview is available in some e-books too. Tesla's own words leave no room for anything magical about it, but rarely does anyone choose to cite Tesla instead of a random "Tesla researcher".

EDIT: Here's the interview I'm talking about
NIKOLA TESLA ON HIS WORK WITH ALTERNATING CURRENTS
and Their Application to Wireless Telegraphy, Telephony and Transmission of Power : An Extended Interview

Wikipedia gets it right in their World Wireless System -article,
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 02:08:53 PM

I think the closest thing to a practically usable almost perpetual energy source are those renewable ones: solar, wind, geothermal, gravity, tides, earths magnet. Dyson spheres around the sun, or satellites around the earth like in Gundam 00.

I've had this idea for a long time, but need to actually do it to test it, despite all the signs pointing to "it won't work". Basically, you chain a bunch of gen sets and motors together. Or a bunch of UPS.

Probably won't work, but I'd like to see how long it lasts.

Meizirkki

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 02:21:01 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telluric_current Wink plug two wires into earth and you have free energy

[/not sarcastic] Some early telegraph stations were powered this way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: