Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:42:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Relaunched Completely  (Read 11492 times)
TheDR

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:43:17 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 01:00:47 AM by TheDR

Great your improving the white paper. You should also use those bitcoins you get on the automated and industrialized software creation network running on bitcoins here codevalley.com. But if you do that save a dozen btc worth of your coin for me to buy and we will be billionaires Wink and I would even learn skills and help develop as a volunteer!

Sincerely,
Daniel Hazelton Waters
TheDR

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:34:25 AM

P.S. I have already started investing some btc but most of my btc is tied up momentarily. I am serious about contributing too.
Makingsure

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Judge a Man not by his postcount,but by activity

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:59:49 AM

P.S. I have already started investing some btc but most of my btc is tied up momentarily. I am serious about contributing too.

gtfo

new ACCOUNT made just to show "how invested you are, and how talented you are"
but have no profile on the most popular btc forum in the world?

i smell a shill...

btw-- things like this de-credit you greatly, i am now NOT investing,
 thank god i was waiting for less days left on ipo anyways
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:09:38 AM

You've avoided responding to this twice now. Do you intend to put those profiles of the core development team up as stated?

Also curious about this. As someone who obviously has had his doubts (and will not bring them up again), at least I'd like to see profiles/info on the people behind the coin. So far, all I have seen are just a lot of red flags.

TheDR

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:14:53 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 03:35:03 AM by TheDR

I am no shill. Had to look that up even though I guessed what it meant. But I have decided to wait until some of these concerns are dealt with. If this is a pump and dump or outright scam I am in the dark about it. I have some talents and if a few things about this project was altered properly I would jump in with them.

For instance with 150,000 transactions a second you could tout the potential use of them for future autonomous networks like D.A.C.'s This project could also easily contribute to APPS using Safe and Ether with it simultaneously. If you polished up your crowdsale presentation and gave more transparency I would be astonished if it did not sell out within a cycle of cpu.
TheDR

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:41:12 AM

Call this function S.E.E. Safe Elastic Ether apps
poornamelessme

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:51:55 AM

Also curious about this. As someone who obviously has had his doubts (and will not bring them up again), at least I'd like to see profiles/info on the people behind the coin. So far, all I have seen are just a lot of red flags.

We all understood that you do not want to invest.
Can you please stop the red flag spam? You have done that for 5 pages already. Lets just not.

Hmm? I actually stated I was considering investing in the coin earlier, but there were issues not resolved to my liking (so I wouldn't be an early investor, but never ruled out investing later on). You can check my post history in general... I'm not a guy who just goes around spamming coins for the sake of spamming (either hype or fud/spam).

Asking for more info on the people behind the coin would hardly be called spam. If anyone gets all defensive over questions people ask in an ICO thread, I question the sincerity of both the devs and anyone supporting said coin. Nothing wrong with asking for more info about who is actually running the ICO. The fact that this info wasn't available Day One, is a red flag in my opinion ... it could just be an organizational issue... actually hope that is all it was.
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:21:09 PM

poornamelessme, just to announce:
I have been in touch with Lionel and I made the decision that I will start working on this coin.

Not sure about the others, but here is my short CV:

I am working as a researcher in an academic facility in Berlin, Germany.
I have gotten in touch with bitcoin really early (around 2012) so you could consider me an early adopter: as I got plenty of BTC I do not request to get paid in any form.
I don't want to come off too self confident, but I would call myself a crypto virtuoso.
Not only have I solved the 100,000 NXT bounty to identify a serious flaw in their POS function (which essentially could be tricked into being a pure proof of work function, see the proper thread)
but I also collected the Counterparty.io bug bounties multiple times for finding critical flaws in the protocol that allows for theft or loss of funds (Check with the devs if you want).
Futhermore, I have identified and discovered a large blockchain-surveillence attempt that has been executed by a company named Chainalaysis (Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=978088.10)).
There habe been many follow-up news articles in the press about that (just one quick google find: http://www.coindesk.com/chainalysis-ceo-denies-launching-sybil-attack-on-bitcoin-network/)
Also, I have helped patching some security issues specially regarding some sophisticated DOS attacks in the official Bitcoin client.
For reference check my acknowledgements in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/release-notes/release-notes-0.10.1.md.

Apart from that I am around here for pretty long. I have done many giveaways, I paid many bounties.
The only red trust feedback that I got is from one guy: he wanted to buy 60 BTC for cash (meeting in person) and I backed off in the last minute. Rightly, as his other feedback shows.

I feel its time to do something new, something big so I volunteered to help here.

Current Investment:

I am currently invested in this coin with a total of 6.8799 BTC.

But seriously, this coin needs more guys. Come on bord and help either on a paid or voluntary basis.

It's an honour to have you here with us!
poornamelessme

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:51:11 PM

I have been in touch with Lionel and I made the decision that I will start working on this coin.

Thanks for that. It does seem like you know what you are doing there. The way you had been posting (more than Lionel even), led me to believe something like this, or that you invested most of the current ICO amount (guess it's a bit of both).

Lionel still plans to post his CV as well as the other team members though, right? I understand it can be tricky, as nobody here wants to post too much info about themselves ... but if going the ICO route, some info is needed. Usually when I invest in a coin (and expect many others do this too), it's not even necessarily about the coin ... it's about the devs.
TheDR

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:48:26 PM

I just made another little contribution to the crowdfund. I am not certain if this project will get much more support but I have plenty of btc (also in early)if it starts moving faster. I have a little extra time to invest for free too if I see anything I can do. I do not have the repertoire as some others but I can develop skills. I think the lack of transparency is temporary oversight. But I will not go too deep in until it is worked on.
Sincerely,
Daniel Ray Waters Hazelton Ortiz (yes my legal name for real)
Braino

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

IRONX - Fully regulated World-Class Exchange

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:08:35 PM

ICOs are fun Wink

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:11:23 PM

Thanks for that. It does seem like you know what you are doing there. The way you had been posting (more than Lionel even), led me to believe something like this, or that you invested most of the current ICO amount (guess it's a bit of both).

Lionel still plans to post his CV as well as the other team members though, right? I understand it can be tricky, as nobody here wants to post too much info about themselves ... but if going the ICO route, some info is needed. Usually when I invest in a coin (and expect many others do this too), it's not even necessarily about the coin ... it's about the devs.

I agree with poornamelessme. The main reason why I'm not investing so far is not because the code is not fully developed but because Lionel has not given his CV.
Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:19:24 PM

Looks interesting, I hope you get the updated whitepaper out before the reward reduces too much because if you can show that the 51% attack concerns are unfounded then I'll definitely want in on this.

nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 12:05:55 AM

Looks interesting.
Dazza

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:15:16 AM

Quote from:  Cryptorials
Looks interesting, I hope you get the updated whitepaper out before the reward reduces too much because if you can show that the 51% attack concerns are unfounded then I'll definitely want in on this.

I will give my best so that we publish a refreshed whitepaper this weekend which carefully addresses the 51% attack issues as well as all other questions that came up during the last days.

I assume you're talking about the attack I outlined above.

I suggest we call it the "faster algorithm" attack or somesuch.  The effect of the attack is the same as the 51% attack in that it could allow the attacker to take control of the consensus and effect double-spends, and other assorted nastiness.  But the computational resources required by the attacker are very modest indeed, much less than 51%.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 06:54:57 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 07:34:24 AM by klintay

I just invested 1btc

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/df71cd7e97c66a899db7f7c66965856323c4b9fdf801eea2fa9b629a2dd47770

project has promise...he who dares wins Smiley

How do you decide which computation request gets priority? In the order they are submitted?
Cryptorials

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:39:20 AM

I will give my best so that we publish a refreshed whitepaper this weekend which carefully addresses the 51% attack issues as well as all other questions that came up during the last days.

Awesome, hope it doesn't completely take over your weekend, lol.

I suggest we call it the "faster algorithm" attack or somesuch. 

If I have to refer to it again that's what I'll call it then. Glad you're sticking around, I'll be interested to read how it works in more detail myself but I'd be more convinced that there's no problem if I know there is someone who seems to know what they are talking about trying to poke holes in it.

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 10:13:42 AM

I'll watch this Smiley
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:15:24 PM

leave a mark here.   

don't let me down. i will be back.
Cryptorials

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:26:19 PM

I have a dumb question about the crowdsale: the description says there will be an import tool to swipe your ELC from your wallet.dat; if I send coins from an address which doesn't have a wallet.dat but which I have the keys for, I presume I will be able to fairly easily import from just the private key?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: