Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:21:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoins successor  (Read 4651 times)
Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 10:30:42 AM

Ethereum?

Ethereum is not just a coin. it is a trading platform for smart contracts. So it is more user than bitcoin in some extent.
hotsurfing

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:34:32 PM

Ethereum?

Ethereum is not just a coin. it is a trading platform for smart contracts. So it is more user than bitcoin in some extent.

Don't you Ethereum shills have a Ethereum forum? This spamming is pretty full on
hotsurfing

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:01:44 PM

Ethereum?

Don't you Ethereum shills have a Ethereum forum? This spamming is pretty full on

No wait. Sorry you do and it's dead hahaha. No wonder there's so many fan boys spending their days in here hahaha
Rotator

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:34:53 PM

I think you must first kill bitcoin, and then you can talk about successor..
I mean every coin no matter how good he is will stay second until a Bitcoin heart is beating. Tongue
Tacalt

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 11:55:09 AM

I think you must first kill bitcoin, and then you can talk about successor..
I mean every coin no matter how good he is will stay second until a Bitcoin heart is beating. Tongue

I think the bitcoin cannot be killed by external forces. It is a legal property. It can only be killed from within.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 12:30:37 PM

Ethereum

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Rotator

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:27:35 PM

I think the bitcoin cannot be killed by external forces. It is a legal property. It can only be killed from within.
We can't talk about Bitcoin in such manner as he is already dead.
He is still alive and all those coins only can take second and third place, nothing more.
They are just clones.
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:34:03 PM

It's hard to say really. I never really tried to understand much about Ethereum, because it doesn't really sound like it's a "currency", rather, it's sort of a "database" system prototype.  I'm pretty sure Microsoft bought out Ethereum as a testing ground for their Azure platform.  So, in a way, I'm just not that interested in Ethereum.

I don't want to sound like some kind of shill for an altcoin on here, because I hate when people use FUD to encourage people to buy some of their coin.  But, I personally think the new coin on the block that holds a legitimate value compared to bitcoin would be Monero (XMR).  They are sort of a fork off of DASH, in which they both use the "cryptonote" code.  If you don't know much about the cryptonote system, it's basically a way to anonymize transactions on the blockchain through "ring signatures".  Monero is different because of a group of active devs working together on the codebase... whereas DASH has become sort of stagnant with active development.  

DASH is also pretty well known for being insta/ninjamined at the beginning, so that the very early adopters have an incredible amount of coins under their belt... Monero was a fairly launched coin, which makes it more appealing to other people who weren't the very first people to hear about it.  

If you want to read more about cryptonotes... here's the white paper:
https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf

Also, here's what's being worked on Monero as of right now; which is Ring CT (way of anonymizing the actual amounts on the block chain) this is being worked on by Shen-Noether... someone in the monero research lab:

http://diyhpl.us/~bryan/papers2/bitcoin/Ring%20CT%20for%20Monero.pdf

Again, I really don't care if you guys get into it... I just really like it to help remain anonymous in my transactions, and not have everything publicly available on the blockchain.  A cool tool I use, primarily for buying stuff in BTC, is using my XMR (monero) and using https://xmr.to/  to pay any vendor who accepts bitcoins, and pay with xmr to help remain anonymous.  It just converts how much XMR is worth at the current moment of purchase (in BTC) and pays the vendor in BTC.

Edit: I will have to say though, that it does propose fixes for a couple of the problems that Bitcoin is facing right now... 1) XMR has adaptive blocksizes to adjust accordingly to amount of transactions being done 2) Tail emission features, where the total amount of XMR is added on to in the future to incentivize mining in the future (should be 18 Million coins, and then keeps adding coins as need... where it will get closer and closer to 21 Million over time, but keeps decreasing rewards so it never really gets there).

very interesting post,this is the kind of post that will educate newbies like me on what to look for on any crypto currency,newbies and seasoned holders should read this post before they hype on useless coins

It's also dead wrong.
As a matter of fact, XMR is not a fork from dash but from BCN, the first cryptonote coin which have probably been ninjamined/instantmined...
Dash and XMR are both targetting privacy niche but they are very different.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 02:40:31 PM

Ethereum is bitcoin 2.0

<-- Click here!
Rotator

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:47:59 PM

Ethereum is bitcoin 2.0
And who says this?
Ethereum investor and bag holder?
This is some really serious statement. Many could be laughing right now, t
his is bitcointalk not ethereum-talk..
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 04:07:46 PM

Ethereum IS bitcoin 2.0

<-- Click here!
Lutzow

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:16:45 PM

There are so many supporters of Ethereum, there could be basis, there could be none but what's important is the support of the community. With the community support, it means that when there's a major dump a lot will still buy it thinking that they're getting at a bargain. I'm not pro-ETH but the way I see with how they push their coin, it's something that other altcoin doesn't have.

MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:06:35 PM

I love those self proclaimed successor of bitcoin, especially if they come from ico groupation.
Probably many of supporters are actually investors. This is worse kind of advertising through hyping (spam).
This can be very bad and dangerous for newbies, my advice stay away when you see such hype.
I have saw this many times. Cool

You can rent this space
RoseMann

Activity: 270

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:18:55 PM

Ethereum is bitcoin 2.0
And who says this?

If the Ethereum becomes very popular and many applications are built on its platform, then it can become 2.0.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 08:39:37 PM

Ethereum is bitcoin 2.0
And who says this?

If the Ethereum becomes very popular and many applications are built on its platform, then it can become 2.0.

Would be funny if Ethereum became very popular as it would choke and stop working.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 02:59:08 AM

Ethereum is bitcoin 2.0
And who says this?

Would be funny if Ethereum became very popular as it would choke and stop working.

No it wouldn't. Ethereum is being constantly developed.  The scaffolding is already in the code to allow massive scaling.

<-- Click here!
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 05:01:23 AM

Ethereum is bitcoin 2.0
And who says this?

No it wouldn't. Ethereum is being constantly developed.  The scaffolding is already in the code to allow massive scaling.

Amount of resources put behind ethereum is pretty big. Don't see it dying any time soon
Yatsida

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:39:59 PM

The successor to the bitcoin is the bitcoin itself. It will be developed constantly and becomes better and better.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 01:42:32 PM

Bitcoin development is stalled.

Ethereum will subsume bitcoin quite quickly.

<-- Click here!
Tacalt

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:31:32 PM

Bitcoin development is stalled.

Ethereum will subsume bitcoin quite quickly.

Although there is constant development in the Ethereum, there is also developments in Bitcoin, the block size will increase to 2MB by next year.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: