Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:20:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Platinum & Gold PSUs working but with burnt connectors USA & Canada only  (Read 394 times)
Maxumark (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:11:00 PM

I am looking for working Platinum,Gold and Titanium 80+ rated PSUs with burnt or melted 6 or 8 pin PCIE connectors. The PSU needs to still be functioning. I am looking for name brand only and would like to buy multiple of the same unit. Looking for EVGA, Rosewill, Zalman, Antec, Seasonic, Thermaltake, Silverstone, and maybe others.
 PM me with what you have and how many maybe also send a few pictures if it sounds like we can work something out. North America only.  I am new on Bitcointalk, but have been on Litecointalk for almost 2 years. There are a few people on here that know me from Litecointalk and would vouch for me. Thanks  Smiley

Mining LTC and other alts since 2014 when I thought I missed the BTC train.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:44:35 PM

I have a few Seasonic 1250w with at least 1 burnt connector each that I haven't gotten around to RMAing yet. Might have a few other high end supplies also.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:31:19 AM

I have a few Seasonic 1250w with at least 1 burnt connector each that I haven't gotten around to RMAing yet. Might have a few other high end supplies also.

Burnt connectors are very easy to repair, just buy the Pins and a new PCIe connector and a crimp tool and you can fix them yourself.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:43:41 AM

Burnt connectors are very easy to repair, just buy the Pins and a new PCIe connector and a crimp tool and you can fix them yourself.

I know, I'm just lazy. Really, I'd just have to call Seasonic and get them replaced for the cost of shipping them back to Seasonic.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:19:39 AM

I know, I'm just lazy. Really, I'd just have to call Seasonic and get them replaced for the cost of shipping them back to Seasonic.

I'm guessing the burn connector is inside the modular PSU side, so not easily replaceable? If its just a cable's end PCI-e, its def not something that would make me sell the PSU for cheap like OP is hoping. Cost like 30 cents to fix a pci-e connector.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:24:36 AM

I'm guessing the burn connector is inside the modular PSU side, so not easily replaceable? If its just a cable's end PCI-e, its def not something that would make me sell the PSU for cheap like OP is hoping. Cost like 30 cents to fix a pci-e connector.

Yeah, seems it's always the modular connector on the PSU that goes out for some reason.
Maxumark (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:12:52 PM

Yes, to be clear I am looking for high efficiency Platinum or Gold 80+PSUs where the PCIE connector on the PSU is melted or damaged and unusable without repairing. The PSU must be working other wise. I will consider any wattage between 500 and 1500 if the price is right.  Thanks.

Mining LTC and other alts since 2014 when I thought I missed the BTC train.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: