Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:57:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408625 times)
johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:37:33 PM

For those members of our community who do not use slack, telegram, discord or mattermost I'd like to announce that I started "Terracoin helps the world" contest here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818088.
My project is open for everybody, I believe into fluid leadership, so any help is welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 12:38:19 AM

For those members of our community who do not use slack, telegram, discord or mattermost I'd like to announce that I started "Terracoin helps the world" contest here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818088.
My project is open for everybody, I believe into fluid leadership, so any help is welcome.

Thanks John!  Everyone should check this out!

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

HmmInteresting94

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:49:57 PM

Hi yall. New to master-nodes but am curious and interested in jumping in. Been looking into them a bit here and there for about a week and like the direction/ longevity/ community of this coin. I even started accumulating for my stake in a potential mn. I want to be certain I understand this, and I'm sure it's been answered plenty of places but  I'll re-up it for other noobs. (And I did read the WP- so perhaps I missed this tree amongst the forest)

Can someone please confirm that I understand this correctly?: Block number determines overall payout and diminishes at set blocks, and depending on how many MN holders/ miners are active, that will determine the overall and individual payouts on daily/ weekly, etc basis.

I ask because the other day, the daily was above 3trc, and now it's below. That's because more mn are coming online, right?

Also- do miner incentives being equal to that of mn holders have something to do with securing growth, or what? Shouldn't those who stake get more rewards? Just curious as to the philosophy of that decision.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:32:42 PM

Hi yall. New to master-nodes but am curious and interested in jumping in. Been looking into them a bit here and there for about a week and like the direction/ longevity/ community of this coin. I even started accumulating for my stake in a potential mn. I want to be certain I understand this, and I'm sure it's been answered plenty of places but  I'll re-up it for other noobs. (And I did read the WP- so perhaps I missed this tree amongst the forest)

Can someone please confirm that I understand this correctly?: Block number determines overall payout and diminishes at set blocks, and depending on how many MN holders/ miners are active, that will determine the overall and individual payouts on daily/ weekly, etc basis.

I ask because the other day, the daily was above 3trc, and now it's below. That's because more mn are coming online, right?

Also- do miner incentives being equal to that of mn holders have something to do with securing growth, or what? Shouldn't those who stake get more rewards? Just curious as to the philosophy of that decision.

Each block currently pays out 10 TRC.  4.5 to miners, 4.5 to masternodes, and 1 to decentralized governance (sort of).  It does half every 4 years or so.  Miners don't effect the masternode rewards, so just the number of masternode.

As more masternodes come online then the rewards diminish.  The good thing about having more masternodes is it protects the network against DDOS attacks and helps process instantsend and privatesend transactions.  More masternodes also "lock up" coins so they are out of circulation. The lest in circulation the more TRC is worth.  You can check this stats page for more info: https://masternode.terracoin.io/stats.php

The reason we decided to split it straight between both masternodes and miners is for a fair split.  We also need to attract miners to keep the network secure from 51% attacks etc.  As more miners appear they also get less rewards because the difficulty goes up.

Sorry, at work, so this was a quick reply!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

HmmInteresting94

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:10:14 PM

Each block currently pays out 10 TRC.  4.5 to miners, 4.5 to masternodes, and 1 to decentralized governance (sort of).  It does half every 4 years or so.  Miners don't effect the masternode rewards, so just the number of masternode.

As more masternodes come online then the rewards diminish.  The good thing about having more masternodes is it protects the network against DDOS attacks and helps process instantsend and privatesend transactions.  More masternodes also "lock up" coins so they are out of circulation. The lest in circulation the more TRC is worth.  You can check this stats page for more info: https://masternode.terracoin.io/stats.php

The reason we decided to split it straight between both masternodes and miners is for a fair split.  We also need to attract miners to keep the network secure from 51% attacks etc.  As more miners appear they also get less rewards because the difficulty goes up.

Sorry, at work, so this was a quick reply!

Gotcha. Thanks!
ibinsad

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:57:20 AM

Nice coin, but MN roi I think is low.
AdamW_^_^

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:31:48 AM

Sry but not everything is good on high masternode roi. This shitcoins with 1000% will not be for long term. Compare to bitcoin, would bitcoin be worth if it would be easy to get them? Shitcoins with 1000 % will be sold off big and never remain
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 12:48:29 AM

Sry but not everything is good on high masternode roi. This shitcoins with 1000% will not be for long term. Compare to bitcoin, would bitcoin be worth if it would be easy to get them? Shitcoins with 1000 % will be sold off big and never remain

Just to clarify, I believe what AdamW is saying is to be wary of high ROI masternode coins because they may not be around long term, and that with such a high return they will be dumping their coins on the market making them less and less valuable.

I agree that it is always prudent to look at the length of time the dev team has been around and see what their infrastructure is on their coin besides just wallet updates.  It takes a lot of diverse projects to really keep a coin expanding.

Thanks for the input both of you, and welcome to the community!

Now I am off to write the weekly update!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 03:11:43 AM

Weekly Terracoin Update - World! https://medium.com/@clockuniverse/feb-1st-terracoin-update-world-7fc55d6d2443

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

HmmInteresting94

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:26:22 PM

Awesome stuff. I just doubled my TRC in pursuit of my first MN! I have some interesting ideas for broader adoption (marketer by trade), which I am excited about developing further for comment and critique when I'm up and running. I can tell this coin isn't going anywhere thanks to its foundational philosophy and strong community. Looking forward to becoming an "official" community member in the near future.
HmmInteresting94

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:44:21 PM

Awesome stuff. I just doubled my TRC in pursuit of my first MN! I have some interesting ideas for broader adoption (marketer by trade), which I am excited about developing further for comment and critique when I'm up and running. I can tell this coin isn't going anywhere thanks to its foundational philosophy and strong community. Looking forward to becoming an "official" community member in the near future.

Also- I hope I'm not out of line with my exuberance.. Total noob move, sorry! I realize there are many dedicated members that have already put in a ton of sweat to get TRC to where it is today, and who are working on awesome "broader adoption" projects currently. Any guidance as to who best to connect with regarding marketing, would be appreciated. Not trying to step on any toes. 
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 02:20:00 AM

Also- I hope I'm not out of line with my exuberance.. Total noob move, sorry! I realize there are many dedicated members that have already put in a ton of sweat to get TRC to where it is today, and who are working on awesome "broader adoption" projects currently. Any guidance as to who best to connect with regarding marketing, would be appreciated. Not trying to step on any toes. 

We were all noobs at one point so you aren't doing anything wrong!

I am interested in hearing your ideas about marketing etc.  I think I saw that you signed up on our Mattermost server (https://mattermost.terracoin.io/signup_user_complete/?id=ohowtejzq3br7kp66qe466b8my) so feel free to ask any questions or start discussions there, and don't worry about stepping on someones toes.  We learn from the diversity of ideas from the community so new or different ideas often help the process.

Feel free to post on mattermost any questions or ideas that you have.  We have a bunch of different channels on there, and we can always create more if need be.

Thanks and I think you are already an official community member!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

HmmInteresting94

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:00:11 PM

We were all noobs at one point so you aren't doing anything wrong!

I am interested in hearing your ideas about marketing etc.  I think I saw that you signed up on our Mattermost server (https://mattermost.terracoin.io/signup_user_complete/?id=ohowtejzq3br7kp66qe466b8my) so feel free to ask any questions or start discussions there, and don't worry about stepping on someones toes.  We learn from the diversity of ideas from the community so new or different ideas often help the process.

Feel free to post on mattermost any questions or ideas that you have.  We have a bunch of different channels on there, and we can always create more if need be.

Thanks and I think you are already an official community member!

Thank you for that. I looking forward to getting up to speed and getting involved.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:55:57 AM

Terracoin Weekly Update - Regulations https://medium.com/@clockuniverse/feb-8th-terracoin-update-regulations-deb5107c2b86

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

nancydong

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:58:08 AM

keep hard work dev , we all around you.
Shalafi

Activity: 64
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:16:59 AM

Love the weeklys!

This year will be huge for TRC, this is the most undervalued currency I know atm! Smiley
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 01:28:18 AM

keep hard work dev , we all around you.

Love the weeklys!

This year will be huge for TRC, this is the most undervalued currency I know atm! Smiley

Thanks!  And I totally agree!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:54:07 AM

Dear all friend
I run masternode in window VPS, Masternode Tab in my wallet show: ENABLED
But when i check in my friend wallet! This show WATCHDOG_EXPIRED and https://masternodes.online show WATCHDOG_EXPIRED
How to i can fix it!
Thanks
btc2y

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:49:09 AM

Hello,

I like to run a masternode on my desktop. I do not want to have a vps at this point and like to keep it all on my PC. The question is:
Do I need to do anything after creating the mn private key or just keep the client running?
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:44:22 AM

Hello,

I like to run a masternode on my desktop. I do not want to have a vps at this point and like to keep it all on my PC. The question is:
Do I need to do anything after creating the mn private key or just keep the client running?
Dear all friend
I run masternode in window VPS, Masternode Tab in my wallet show: ENABLED
But when i check in my friend wallet! This show WATCHDOG_EXPIRED and https://masternodes.online show WATCHDOG_EXPIRED
How to i can fix it!
Thanks

You'd need to run sentinel to prevent from being expired. https://github.com/terracoin/sentinel

You can also follow this guide and script: https://github.com/u3mur4/terracoin
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: