Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:54:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for different Trade bot code examples  (Read 4398 times)
Darktongue (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:46:38 PM

So I'm sure this is asking for a lot. perhaps not but I'm looking for some working examples of trade bots that could be used in efforts to help brick and mortar propagation of crypto currency.

The thought crossed my mind and like usual I want to run with it a moment and see where ot would take me.

The idea would be that the biz would be able to exchange at the very least the cost of whatever they wher selling plus maybe a little more for the sake of makeing money. then perhaps if they wanted to leave some coin in the wallet to grow on. ofcourse without hireing or paying a currently established accountant within there company to do all of it by hand.

basically a midnight cashout such as you see with the established credit card machines.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 09:33:58 AM

Interested too, do you know any good links or web ressources for beginners ?
bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 11:47:34 AM

I released a free app called Deja Vu which allows noobs to easily create Mt. Gox trading bots. It's not a bot, but a platform for creating bots which can be as simple or as complicated as you like. Basically you just need to learn a Pascal/Delphi type language and it's as easy as pie to write your own bots.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 11:51:24 AM

I have a simple buy-or-sell-bot for mtgox which I had custom-programmed.
No algos, just "sell what you have" or "buy all the bitcoinz".

And although I know that sharing is caring, it's part of my business and I paid for it.
robocoin

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 12:03:56 PM

http://code.google.com/p/ga-bitbot/
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 08:27:32 PM

Look for Isis ATP in the trading forum here.

Darktongue (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 11:24:11 PM

Thanks for the response from this. I argued with myself at length lastnight about if this would.be one of those weekend warrior jobs or not. After looking at time spent + results earned I've decided to move forward with it.

I'll me.contacting some of you for a purchase as well as those of have offered code. I've looked into several that can be googled with ease to find they are pretty simple nuts abd bolts

What I want to attempt is an online solution. Something with a simple UI that the.brick.and.mortar can use.to cash out quick and get his.greenbacks from without to much effort.

Some things I'm.considering are if the outlet in question would send coins directly to the exchange.or have them.local then send to the.exchange.

Most merchants are used to a 12AM money transfer with CC terminals. So in ether case I'd like the whole process to be able to dump the coins around that.time for the merchant.

I've been fiddleing with a bit of code that would allow a merchant to call for a "Payout" for that.night. The script would then wait until the pre.defined time and send the grand total to the exchange. from that point the bot would handle the rest.  If the merchant is looking to send directly to the exchange and gamble that's strictly up to them.

I think at the least what I come up with can serve as a model. I'm probably going to need some assistance with secureing the script that would dump the local wallets full contents. As I'm sure this would.be something that could be used against the.end user.

daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 11:34:25 AM

Where are you located? Over here, your concept is practically impossible, since you'd need a banking license.

I was thinking about an exchange for quite a while, but when I think about the paperwork, I'm somewhat scared of such a project...

Darktongue (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 04:52:49 PM

Well, I live in the western united states. The idea isn't so much to build an exchange as it is a series of tools working in conjunction that would be packaged together and grandma ready.

Further my hope is to make it useable on any system the end user decides to use. I know some folks are building machines for the task of accepting bitcoin in store while others have come up with DYI plans invovleing pico computing etc.

At the risk of repeating... This is to save time abd automate tasks that the physical store front is already used to seeing done tottaly by machine
daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 05:05:36 PM

You are right about the request restrictions. I'm currently adding quite some code to my trade lib just to keep apps within those restrictions, although I don't fully understand the mtgox ones...(3x trades in an hour, if you don't request all the available trades, or so).

I also got banned for a day, when I tested my trading app. Just fixed bugs and restarted it several times to test my fixes when gox pulled the trigger.

daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 05:27:21 PM

I got some explanation in the mtgoxlive irc channel. But I don't have any detailed specs, what is allowed actually.

daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 06:08:48 PM

I used Java to write my code. Otherwise it would be cool to collaborate with you...  Sad

daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 06:56:22 PM

Can you read Java? So could you read my sources?

daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:14:18 PM

I don't want to publish the entire code yet. Maybe the trade lib part at some point.

daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:40:30 PM

I use a lot of libs, like jsoup or drools, but no trading lib. Wrote my own stuff.

Darktongue (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:03:50 PM

I'd like to thank you all for the chatter in this post. isn't it great what you learn when you just read/listen Smiley

So for an update I've started compileing the concept into a document. In the file I plan on highlighting things that are leaving me puzzled. Also things that I just outright dont know what the hell I'm doing with. I will soon post this and begin posting bounty for those WTF issues I have.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:15:17 PM

Your not using any of the libs available for trading? I'm not sure how good the existing libs are but you're going to need to include one at some stage even just for performance comparison, saw a list here:
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=85659

Those aren't bot trading, they are more like charting softwares that can point out profitable trades, very different from a trading bot.

Again if anyone wants to buy my trading bot skeleton, meaning no strategies but a buy high and sell low. (If you want more information PM me) It was written from scratch not using any libs expect for JSON. Can be extended very easily to another market. It is java, and I make a very good profit from it.
daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 11:38:41 AM

Stan: I have a rootserver and my trade lib already contains some code to write trades to a db via JDBC. If you are interested in creating a network to distribute current market data, let me know.

daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 02:24:47 PM

Well, Stan...I see bitcoin primarily as a cheap testbed to learn new stuff.  A while ago, I didn't know, what a depth is, and now I can already parse and understand it...

I gave my sources to a couple of people and noone has ever contributed a single line back. I also posted some screenshots in IRC and btc-e, so many folks know, what I'm doing...

These images are dated, but you should get the idea.

I don't know enough about indicators and such, so I never seriously tried technical trading so far (but I'm working on such a bot, too), but was focussed on triangle arb for now. Speed is definitely one of the keys here, so a chart data exchange framework would help me.

I also added drools to my app, but don't have a good trading language so far, so I cannot distribute the bot without the trading strategy yet.

But in the long run, I'd like to play with the big guys, once I have developed good trading strategies in the cryptocoin field.

daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 03:50:12 PM

There's an interface for the trade sites, but I didn't add the loading of additional jar files. Wouldn't be too hard, though, to load additional 'drivers' for new trade sites.

I'm in the middle of rewriting most of the stuff (for request restrictions, and such), but pm me a mail addy, if you want to take a look.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: