Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:26:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Create new social network dedicated to bicoin?  (Read 1067 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ecwebservices (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Web Development Co. For Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 02:54:00 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 05:32:08 AM by ecwebservices

I'm thinking about creating a social networking site dedicated to bitcoin? What are your thoughts on this?

I already have one social media site: http://ecsocial.tk/

I'm thinking of ideas for it, but I want to make sure it is a good idea. If you agree or have any ideas, let me know!

Note that I'm not talking about a new bitcointalk, as that's just a forum but no, I'm talking about a site like maybe Facebook or Twitter that is for Bitcoin, and possible some altcoins as well. Please give some feedback and I will reply.

ecwebservices (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 03:57:01 AM

No thoughts?

clangtrump

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:03:21 AM

Nice u really did make one. Is this just a trial or you spend money with this?
ecwebservices (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 05:05:48 AM

Nice u really did make one. Is this just a trial or you spend money with this?

I spent money to get the full script, but I edited it like crazy to get it fully working. I can make a fully working social media site that's diferent from the one above though.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:08:11 AM

Some of us like privacy, and too many of us seem to end up being criminals, but if Bitcoin goes mainstream you will be in a good spot.

ecwebservices (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 05:12:26 AM

Some of us like privacy, and too many of us seem to end up being criminals, but if Bitcoin goes mainstream you will be in a good spot.

Well yea but I plan to make the bitcoin one with some more privacy. I want to make it to where the site doesn't save passwords, and that users will not need to enter first and last name, also to need a bitcoin address associated with their account. Also when it comes to the many criminals of bitcoin, I on't care really if there are criminals using the ite as that happens with every social media site.

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:12:47 AM

I think this is a good idea.  But would it conflict with websites like this one?
Daimaru

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:13:42 AM

it's beta or final release?
ecwebservices (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 05:17:37 AM

it's beta or final release?

I haven't made the bitcoin social media site yet.

I think this is a good idea.  But would it conflict with websites like this one?

Not really. I tihnk that this is a forum, and a social media site would allow posting of anything to your profile, not in certain sections. Also it would be a good way for people to just talk about bitcoin. I can also do a chat function.

To be honest, I'm probably just going to make it anyways.

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:31:00 AM

I'm thinking about creating a social networking site dedicated to bitcoin? What are your thoughts on this?

I already have one: http://ecsocial.tk/

I'm thinking of ideas for it, but I want to make sure it is a good idea. If you agree or have any ideas, let me know!

Note that I'm not talking about a new bitcointalk, as that's just a forum but no, I'm talking about a site like maybe Facebook or Twitter that is for Bitcoin, and possible some altcoins as well. Please give some feedback and I will reply.

there is an existing bitcoin social media site which had been announced lately, can't member its url. yours however is very different in a way that its domain is crap lol
no offense this is a free domain as far as i know.  good design though

what you can do however is try to contact a new coin and let them offer your social media account for their distribution both the coin and you could benefit.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
ecwebservices (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 05:38:24 AM

I already have one: http://ecsocial.tk/

there is an existing bitcoin social media site which had been announced lately, can't member its url. yours however is very different in a way that its domain is crap lol
no offense this is a free domain as far as i know.  good design though

what you can do however is try to contact a new coin and let them offer your social media account for their distribution both the coin and you could benefit.

Yea the domain is crap because it's .tk but it's just a site that I'm using for other reasons. I'm aware of zapchain, but I think that I can do one that might be pretty good.

As for contacting a different coin I might just do so. I think some altcoins might be interested. What about instead of just bitcoin, a site of many cryptocurrencys?

ecwebservices (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 11:27:10 AM

I am going to make a social networking site for cryptocurrency, but I need a name..

arlene05973

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

A day without a buzz is like a day that never was

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:33:35 AM

Going Social again for a currency that was invented to preserve their privacy!

My dear i have nothing against you (motivation) but, i suggest you make thorough research and analysis before making any big investment on the project.

Alternative, related exchange forum with different function would be ideal

Thanks
ecwebservices (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 11:38:00 AM

Going Social again for a currency that was invented to preserve their privacy!

My dear i have nothing against you (motivation) but, i suggest you make thorough research and analysis before making any big investment on the project.

Alternative, related exchange forum with different function would be ideal

Thanks

The social networking site would still be able to preserve privacy because you don't need real name!

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:46:12 AM

Nice site design you have. When you get it polished and added in more features, be sure to grab a .com domain before someone buy it (and want to sell to you for 10K lol). Anyway, I actually thought of this idea before - social network for Bitcoiners. I just dont have the time (and skills) to manage a social network. I hope your site will be a successful one. There is many developers in the Bitcoin community, so if you ran into any problem, fear not and ask here!

I do hope that you really know how to develop a website application. And to make your website reach more users, you should try reaching out to the Altcoin community too. Smiley.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
ecwebservices (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 12:05:26 PM

Nice site design you have. When you get it polished and added in more features, be sure to grab a .com domain before someone buy it (and want to sell to you for 10K lol). Anyway, I actually thought of this idea before - social network for Bitcoiners. I just dont have the time (and skills) to manage a social network. I hope your site will be a successful one. There is many developers in the Bitcoin community, so if you ran into any problem, fear not and ask here!

I do hope that you really know how to develop a website application. And to make your website reach more users, you should try reaching out to the Altcoin community too. Smiley.

Thanks! For development purposes I will be using a .tk but for production I will have a .com. I can get it done, but because of little money currently and the fact that some people think that making one might just make this forum a little less worthwhile.

Gothorum

Activity: 882
Merit: 429

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:25:27 AM

Good initiative.
RariBest

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:37:20 AM

i personally think that bitcointalk is a good social network to talk and interact whit other people involved in crypto, so why we should need another social

Bitrated user: raribest.
axxo

Activity: 916
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:21:09 AM

i personally think that bitcointalk is a good social network to talk and interact whit other people involved in crypto, so why we should need another social

OP wants to earn some money thru advertising using his social network.

▄░░▄█▄░░▄
▄▄█░░▄█▀█▄░░█▄▄
▄▄▄█▀▀░░░█▀░░░▀█░░░▀▀█▄▄▄
██▀░░░░░▄█▀░░░░▀█▄░░░░░▀██
██░░░░░▄█░░▄███▄░░█▄░░░░░██
██░░░░██░░▄█▀░▀█▄░░██░░░░██
██░░▄█▀░▄█▀░▄█▄░▀█▄░▀█▄░░██
██░██░░▄█▀░▄███▄░▀█▄░░██░██
███▀░░▄█░░▄█████▄░░█▄░░▀███
██▀░▄█▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█▄░▀██
▀█▀░░▄█████████▄░░▀█▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▀██
██▌░██
▐██░░██
██▌░░██
███████
▀▀░░░▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀██▀▀
██
██
██
▄▄██▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░██
▀██████
██▀██
██▀░██
▀▀▀░░▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
███░███
███████
██▀█▀██
██░░░██
██░░░██
▀▀░░░▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
██████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀███████
██████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄██████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄███████████

████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
███████████████████▀▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░▄░░▐███████
███████▀▀▀░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░████████
█████▄▄▄░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░▐████████
█████████▌▐▀░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████▄░▄█▄▄░░░▐█████████

██████████████████▄██████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:25:16 AM

OP wants to earn some money thru advertising using his social network.

Well, I am perfectly ok with that.  I believe that if you offer a good service that you should be able to make a buck or two.  I am not sure about the social site, it has some good things and bad things to it.  Yet, if you do it and it works, then more power to you for making some money.  Think of all those, and many of them are right here on this forum, that charge to make a new Altcoin.  Everything that a person needs to do it for free is right there on the internet, but people pay because it is such a pain in the ass,
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: