Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:44:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is IMMORTAL...  (Read 3581 times)
the_poet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:58:56 AM

Bitcoin is proving to be extremely strong, practically "immune to death". If you look at Bitcoin Obituaries, people among the most influential and powerful in the world (let JPMorgan CEO be one example) have been unsuccessfully trying to bring it down. Even Hearn tried to destroy it and, despite all the incredibly negative promotion worldwide, Bitcoin's price went down a little only to (slowly) get back. If not even one of its creators was able to kill it, who will?

Under construction.
Dekker3D

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:09:45 AM

Bitcoin is proving to be extremely strong, practically "immune to death". If you look at Bitcoin Obituaries, people among the most influential and powerful in the world (let JPMorgan CEO be one example) have been unsuccessfully trying to bring it down. Even Hearn tried to destroy it and, despite all the incredibly negative promotion worldwide, Bitcoin's price went down a little only to (slowly) get back. If not even one of its creators was able to kill it, who will?

Another altcoin might slow it down but not actually kill it. Someday one of the altcoins will emerge as a better payment option and take away the throne from bitcoin as the top crypto out there.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:16:50 AM

Another altcoin might slow it down but not actually kill it. Someday one of the altcoins will emerge as a better payment option and take away the throne from bitcoin as the top crypto out there.

i see no reason for that to happen, as long as they do not offer anything worth it, and no right now there is not a single altcoin that offer something that bitcoin lack or that bitcoin can not have in the future
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:24:51 AM

Yup, BTC is immortal but will not be the King crypto forever.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:03:15 PM

If they can't beat Bitcoin, they should instead join. not sure where this strategy came from but yeah. don't be surprise if you once again see those name in the bitcoin business.

It already exist as far as I know. Monero has it all, it just don't get to attract more users and isn't used by a lot of us.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:11:45 PM

I red "Bitcoin is IMMORAL...", but yes, now that I saw that it is "IMMORTAL", I agree with you. Bitcoin is indestructible Wink !
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:25:58 PM

i see no reason for that to happen, as long as they do not offer anything worth it, and no right now there is not a single altcoin that offer something that bitcoin lack or that bitcoin can not have in the future

I agree here, ATM no other alt coin has the infrastructure that Bitcoin has nor the merchants, hashing power, people, development, or funding...

I did NOT invest in ETH but see them as the only ones who eventualy might be able to compete with Bitcoin ONE day. Although they have a long way to go.

Zacudis

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:43:04 PM

Only further active development can make bitcon immortal. If it is not developed further, it will be replaced by other coins such as Ethereum.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
Ya-ing

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:53:29 PM

It is certainly not "inmmortal" in the sense of being always on top. As other have said, there are cryptos that offer more features than Bitcoin (faster tranfers, interest, more anonimity etc.) and one of those could reach to be the number one.

But I think that Bitcoin is always likely to survive.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:46:27 PM

eMule is immortal (after implemented KAD network).
Bittorent is immortal (after implemented DHT network).
Bitcoin is immortal ... when miner (automated, like 100% every 10s for 1s) is implented on CORE software.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 3441

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 03:05:18 PM

For now as it stands yes, It's sort of immortal since IIRC it has died 90 times already and yet here we are, using it day to day however it would need constant improvement by developers to ensure it will last forever and we shouldn't take things for granted just for how they are at the moment as nothing would last forever but some last longer than others.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:14:12 PM

As long as it has utility - utility that is better than any other competitor, then Bitcoin will continue to keep on keeping on.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:46:38 PM

bitcoin has the first movers advantage and that will keep it well in front for a long time .......

arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:19:41 AM

Yes only if suddenly someone brings something really new and more promising.
But even then lots of supporters will stay till the end of bitcoin as we know it today..
More examples you can find at the altcoin scene..
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:21:22 AM

But even then lots of supporters will stay till the end of bitcoin as we know it today..

As of now bitcoin is immortal because of its unique coding and algorithms and i dont think altcoin will ever reach that level

Am I spamming? Report me!
Zacudis

Activity: 159

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:26:10 AM

As of now bitcoin is immortal because of its unique coding and algorithms and i dont think altcoin will ever reach that level

I think that is because of the network effect. Bitcoin is the first one and it has first arriver advantage.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:49:35 AM

I think that is because of the network effect. Bitcoin is the first one and it has first arriver advantage.

Yes it's the network effect and the fact that most of the new innovations in other coins can mostly be implemented in Bitcoin.
So altcoins can be seen as some kind of test laboratories.
Dekker3D

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:53:24 AM

For now it seems to be immortal since there's no direct competitor yet but time will come when a better one comes along without the mining problem (high difficulty) and delays (confirmation).

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:59:15 AM

For now it seems to be immortal since there's no direct competitor yet but time will come when a better one comes along without the mining problem (high difficulty) and delays (confirmation).

an altcoin which you can mine without any difficulty will be worthless...

also bitcoin will probably die in the future (like a century from now, perhaps). not because of altcoin but because of time.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 12:10:31 PM

pffft.......Give it time.

Bitcoin at the moment, is essentially a cash cow for whales. If Bitcoin is to have another 'moment in the sun', then it will coincide with a Chinese Economic collapse and Capital Flight out of the CNY. Beyond that, Bitcoin don't have nothing going for it that competing cryptos don't do much better and has plenty things wrong with it that other cryto's don't have.

Blockchain is here to stay (unfortunately), but Bitcoin isn't.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: