Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:58:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reputation System and The Corresponding Abuse  (Read 1250 times)
xavTrot6 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 12:56:42 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2016, 03:45:39 PM by xavTrot6

I would like to charge Lutpin with ruining people's trust scores with malicious, erroneous negative trust feedbacks.

4 months ago, a few days I believe before Thanksgiving, US, I was relatively new to the forums, and I did not understand some concepts about scamming and reputation loans and all of that.

I made the mistake of helping a guy with a reputation loan. Proof : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1254441.msg13009211#msg13009211

I saw the guy around the forums, and wanted to help the guy out with his career.

I, immediately got spammed with negative feedbacks, unknown on what I had done.
I got a message, soon from the guy who was OP of the rep loan thread, here : https://i.imgur.com/EqwS0Ks.png , which was very nice.

I soon had a friend communicate to me what reputation loans were about, and I removed the positive feedback from the guy's account,
Soon after, I had to leave all things crypto, and a load of other things online, because a family member passed away, and I had to tend to the spouse and help out with the moving process into a nursing home.

I have returned, and I started this off, apologizing for my actions, for I wasn't aware of the general use of the reputation loans, to buy trust, and later scam, because of the already-present trust on the account.
Proof:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1359022.0

I, instead of being listened to, for apologizing for my actions prior, got slammed with more hate, and one person even went to say that I was "trying to pity" older members.

I, then had a long chat with people on a thread, where my alt (xavTrot6) and the x_Molotov account were marked as being under one owner ( me )
proof : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1206112.msg13869366#msg13869366 and south.

After I got through to one person, who removed it to a neutral, I still have a blaring red negative trust on my account, both of them by @lutpin, who was never involved once in this chain of events, yet whose feedbacks remain on my accounts.

On the XavTrot6 account, it has the alt comment, that it is an alt of x_Molotov. That is true, however, it is stated multiple times on that account, and unless I scammed someone, should not need to be negative, merely a neutral.

On the x_Molotov account, it says
Lutpin 6: -0 / +4   2016-02-14   0.00000000   Reference   Knowingly gave out a reputation loan and left positive trust after being repaid.
Also fails to see his mistake and insists on having done nothing wrong.

I unknowingly gave it out, being described what it was after the fact.
I removed the trust once I understood it.
I did not fail to see my mistake, instead, apologizing for it, and claiming responsibility for my actions.

I can see multiple other feedbacks on @lutpin's account, all saying that he gives malicious feedbacks for the sake of ruining people's reputation and boosting other peoples'.

I do not know those people, so I cannot judge if those are correct statements, or if those are scammers, merely mad at the fact that he gave them negative feedback.

I however, know that the feedback on my account is wrong, the Molotov feedback to be taken off, and the mention of xavTrot6 being my alt, reduced to a neutral or removed.
He wouldn't listen to me via PM, and when I confronted him on a chat on a betting site, he had me blocked, then he blocked me on PM.

Done with.

[EDIT] Same can be said for @timelord2067, he was not involved, yet dropped dual negatives. Only difference is that his did not go through as trusted [EDIT]

Thank you for your time.
Mov/Xav.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 12:57:03 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 01:37:37 AM by Lutpin

I would like to charge Lutpin with ruining people's trust scores with malicious, erroneous negative trust feedbacks.
This isn't a court, you don't "charge" someone.

4 months ago, a few days I believe before Thanksgiving, US, I was relatively new to the forums, and I did not understand some concepts about scamming and reputation loans and all of that.
I made the mistake of helping a guy with a reputation loan. Proof : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1254441.msg13009211#msg13009211
Quotes from the thread:

Take it from someone who knows.. Lock this thread and keep your nose clean.
Trust is earned, not bought and it can't be forced.
Farming trust and reputation will only end badly, and your best bet is to re-evaluate.
Rep loans are frowned upon here, as ou can see you have been given negative trust
you need collateral and a reason to take a loan

And a few posts later, from you:

I have received payment for my loan.
5mBTC. Trust has been posted.

Yeah, you "didn't see that". I know. You should have known from yourself that what you were doing is wrong.

I saw the guy around the forums, and wanted to help the guy out with his career.
Or, what I think is, you wanted to make quick money (0.004BTC in that case), and sold your credibility out for it.
Something I can't approve of, and something you still seem to be ready to do.

I have returned, and I started this off, apologizing for my actions, for I wasn't aware of the general use of the reputation loans, to buy trust, and later scam, because of the already-present trust on the account.
You know what the guy you were willing to trust so easily did later? He tried to run a ponzi.

I, instead of being listened to, for apologizing for my actions prior, got slammed with more hate, and one person even went to say that I was "trying to pity" older members.
That was sho, who was willing to remove his negative on you, nice bringing him into this that way.

I, then had a long chat with people on a thread, where my alt (xavTrot6) and the x_Molotov account were marked as being under one owner ( me )
proof : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1206112.msg13869366#msg13869366 and south.
We find alts, if those are alts of red trusted members, we mark them accordingly. You were in that moment a red trusted member, hence your alt was marked.

Lutpin 6: -0 / +4   2016-02-14   0.00000000   Reference   
Knowingly gave out a reputation loan and left positive trust after being repaid. Also fails to see his mistake and insists on having done nothing wrong.
Let's see what I wrote in the other thread about that:

I have done nothing seriously wrong.
neither of my accounts have done anything wrong
nothing has been done that has been wrong/immoral.

I can see multiple other feedbacks on @lutpin's account, all saying that he gives malicious feedbacks for the sake of ruining people's reputation and boosting other peoples'.
Which you can find on many other users that leave alot of feedback also. Most of those are retaliation feedbacks, given for revenge after a feedback I had left.
Like the one you left me:

"Maliciously hands out feedback, even when he is not involved."

I do not know those people, so I cannot judge if those are correct statements, or if those are scammers, merely mad at the fact that he gave them negative feedback.
Most of them glow in red of -4 and deeper, they are sure nice guys to have a coffee with.

I however, know that the feedback on my account is wrong, the Molotov feedback to be taken off, and the mention of xavTrot6 being my alt, reduced to a neutral or removed.
He wouldn't listen to me via PM, and when I confronted him on a chat on a betting site, he had me blocked, then he blocked me on PM.
I don't think so, and I after all am in the right to leave feedback as I think its correct.
I told you how we could sort this situation out via PM, you said you don't want to, then I blocked you and you followed me to crypto-games.net
What you pulled off there is on the lowest level. Let me quote the chatlog to you:
[23:04] <xCacheMoney> Lutpin.
[23:04] <xCacheMoney> Don't be a pussy.
[23:04] <xCacheMoney> Unblock my PM.
[23:04] <xCacheMoney> Learn how to talk, how to negotiate.
[23:04] <xCacheMoney> You can't be a dick, then ignore comments when people confront you about them.
[23:05] <[MOD]Lutpin> could you please stop harassing me? I blocked your PM for a reason
[23:05] <[MOD]Lutpin> Joter (our admin) already warned you that this is not the right place to talk about it
[23:05] <xCacheMoney> I will "harass you" until you remove the erroneous comments on my accounts.
[23:06] <xCacheMoney> Or I will push and charge you with BS negative reviews in Meta.
[23:06] <[MOD]Lutpin> but not here, drop it, that's my last warning
[23:06] <[MOD]Lutpin> go to meta, make a thread
[23:06] <xCacheMoney> Not here, not PM.
[23:06] <[MOD]Lutpin> I don't really care about it
[23:06] <[MOD]Lutpin> but this here stops right NOW
[23:07] <xCacheMoney> It does not. Until you remove the wrong comments.
You also tried to insult or insulted me on several other occasions.

[...] with sheeple who aren't even involved, following suit, spamming me with negatives.
And the fact that a few people can control the sheeple into spamming negative trusts, [...] when they aren't bloody involved in it.
[...]
However, all the sheeple placing negative trusts on both of my accounts, where they are not involved at all, should not be happening.
[...]
However, the hate just piles up from the sheeple, trying to get in with the higher members, for a pat on the head.
[...]
!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

[...]
My information is 100% correct, as you did land malicious  feedbacks, both on me and some other innocents, while running a 'hategroup', that rounds up people, and spams them with negative feedbacks.
[...]

Oh, and shorenas take on the situation:

Alright, I did a little check on you.

#1 gratz on no longer still being a filthy casual.
#2 grow a spine, you just vanished after the negative rating
#3 there are no shortcuts to trust.

-snip-
I know this may not be easy to answer, but what is a good way to get my reputation up?
I heard rep loans are scammy, and wouldn't do it anyway.
-snip-
a good way to get your rep up, is being honest and doing the right thing.
#4 I will change the rating to neutral, dont make me regret it. This does not mean that others will follow. Dont bother them.
#5 If you want to do trades, do them with the rating you have. Yes, you will get trolled, but those have no interest in trading with you anyway. Those willing to trade with you can use escrow, allow it.

To be honest, I was ready to give you a second chance, as shorena already did. I was even willing to overlook the things that had happened and move on.
But that you left trust from both your alts to the account MonetaCoin shows me, that you did in fact learn nothing and have not changed one bit.

"Acted as escrow for my BET investment program. Professional, fast, and a pleasure to work with."
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=366279

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
xavTrot6 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:37:34 AM

This isn't a court, you don't "charge" someone.

Quotes from the thread:

Take it from someone who knows.. Lock this thread and keep your nose clean.
Trust is earned, not bought and it can't be forced.
Farming trust and reputation will only end badly, and your best bet is to re-evaluate.
Rep loans are frowned upon here, as ou can see you have been given negative trust
you need collateral and a reason to take a loan

And a few posts later, from you:

I have received payment for my loan.
5mBTC. Trust has been posted.

Yeah, you "didn't see that". I know. You should have known from yourself that what you were doing is wrong.

Or, what I think is, you wanted to make quick money (0.004BTC in that case), and sold your credibility out for it.
Something I can't approve of, and something you still seem to be ready to do.

You know what the guy you were willing to trust so easily did later? He tried to run a ponzi.

That was sho, who was willing to remove his negative on you, nice bringing him into this that way.

We find alts, if those are alts of red trusted members, we mark them accordingly. You were in that moment a red trusted member, hence your alt was marked.

Lutpin 6: -0 / +4   2016-02-14   0.00000000   Reference   
Knowingly gave out a reputation loan and left positive trust after being repaid. Also fails to see his mistake and insists on having done nothing wrong.
Let's see what I wrote in the other thread about that:

I have done nothing seriously wrong.
neither of my accounts have done anything wrong
nothing has been done that has been wrong/immoral.

Which you can find on many other users that leave alot of feedback also. Most of those are retaliation feedbacks, given for revenge after a feedback I had left.
Like the one you left me:

"Maliciously hands out feedback, even when he is not involved."

Most of them glow in red of -4 and deeper, they are sure nice guys to have a coffee with.

I don't think so, and I after all am in the right to leave feedback as I think its correct.
I told you how we could sort this situation out via PM, you said you don't want to, then I blocked you and you followed me to crypto-games.net
What you pulled off there is on the lowest level. Let me quote the chatlog to you:
[23:04] <xCacheMoney> Lutpin.
[23:04] <xCacheMoney> Don't be a pussy.
[23:04] <xCacheMoney> Unblock my PM.
[23:04] <xCacheMoney> Learn how to talk, how to negotiate.
[23:04] <xCacheMoney> You can't be a dick, then ignore comments when people confront you about them.
[23:05] <[MOD]Lutpin> could you please stop harassing me? I blocked your PM for a reason
[23:05] <[MOD]Lutpin> Joter (our admin) already warned you that this is not the right place to talk about it
[23:05] <xCacheMoney> I will "harass you" until you remove the erroneous comments on my accounts.
[23:06] <xCacheMoney> Or I will push and charge you with BS negative reviews in Meta.
[23:06] <[MOD]Lutpin> but not here, drop it, that's my last warning
[23:06] <[MOD]Lutpin> go to meta, make a thread
[23:06] <xCacheMoney> Not here, not PM.
[23:06] <[MOD]Lutpin> I don't really care about it
[23:06] <[MOD]Lutpin> but this here stops right NOW
[23:07] <xCacheMoney> It does not. Until you remove the wrong comments.
You also tried to insult or insulted me on several other occasions.

To be honest, I was ready to give you a second chance, as shorena already did. I was even willing to overlook the things that had happened and move on.
But that you left trust from both your alts to the account MonetaCoin shows me, that you did in fact learn nothing and have not changed one bit.

"Acted as escrow for my BET investment program. Professional, fast, and a pleasure to work with."
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=366279

How is leaving positive trust for an escrow service any way the same as giving a rep loan?

You act still like you were there when it all happened, like you have been pondering this for the 4-5 months that you gave it, like the people who were there.

You gave negative trust on top of the previous stuff there, because I was trying to clear my stuff in the Alt thread.

You acted before, and still act like 400k sat is a load of money. I was trying to help the guy. On my other account, I literally gave away .06+ BTC for no reason, besides trying to give back to the community. proof : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1199726.0
Even if it was 400BTC, I would not scam, as I hate scammers and am legitimate in everything that I do.

How do I still seem ready to do that? I understood, apologized, and seized responsibility for my actions.
How am I still "ready to do it"?

Also, literally we were talking in PM, you said "you aren't the one commanding it all" while I was trying to have a mutual agreement, you tried to make me remove both of them first, when you were the one in fault.

I was pissed when I got to cryptogames, because you literally act so superior in everything that you do, then you ignore the person once I tried to talk to you in PM.

Honestly, it's people like you that make me want to leave this forum. So many good things, and ideas, marred by people like you and Timelord, who only show the one side that you put together, and charge with negative feedback.

I am sorry that I was indignant in cryptogames, but your behavior pissed me off.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 01:46:33 AM

How is leaving positive trust for an escrow service any way the same as giving a rep loan?
How is leaving trust from 2 accounts something you can easily approve of.

You acted before, and still act like 400k sat is a load of money. I was trying to help the guy.
You don't get it, do you? It's almost nothing. You were ready to sell out your trust for dust.

How do I still seem ready to do that? I understood, apologized, and seized responsibility for my actions.
You had problems with the trust system back then, you still seem to have problems with it right now.

Also, literally we were talking in PM, you said "you aren't the one commanding it all" while I was trying to have a mutual agreement, you tried to make me remove both of them first, when you were the one in fault.
I was ready to remove the negatives I gave you (or better said, to change them to a neutral) under 2 conditions:
1) You remove either of the trust points you left MonetaCoin
2) You remove your negative on my account
But for you, that was no option, because I had to act first, since
you were the one in fault.

I was pissed when I got to cryptogames, because you literally act so superior in everything that you do, then you ignore the person once I tried to talk to you in PM.
Everything was said. Since you only were coming back again and again appealing me to remove the negative rating, there was no point in exchanging PMs with you.

Honestly, it's people like you that make me want to leave this forum. So many good things, and ideas, marred by people like you and Timelord, who only show the one side that you put together, and charge with negative feedback.
Yeah, I'm the cancer that kills bitcoin, I got it.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

xavTrot6 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:51:50 AM

How is leaving trust from 2 accounts something you can easily approve of.

You acted before, and still act like 400k sat is a load of money. I was trying to help the guy.
You don't get it, do you? It's almost nothing. You were ready to sell out your trust for dust.

You had problems with the trust system back then, you still seem to have problems with it right now.

I was ready to remove the negatives I gave you (or better said, to change them to a neutral) under 2 conditions:
But for you, that was no option, because I had to act first, since
you were the one in fault.

Everything was said. Since you only were coming back again and again appealing me to remove the negative rating, there was no point in exchanging PMs with you.

Yeah, I'm the cancer that kills bitcoin, I got it.

I will remove one of them then.

nice job on the quote from the feedback. I didn't do it for the money. I did it because I thought the kid was legit, and because I didn't know about rep loans being bad.

You did not mention the trust points on Moneta.
You were at fault, as you weren't involved, and I wasn't 100% wrong, where as you were.
And if you removed them both, I would have removed mine.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 01:55:21 AM

You were at fault, as you weren't involved, and I wasn't 100% wrong, where as you were.
There's that thing again.
Feedback can't be wrong. Yours can not, neither can be mine.
You can dislike someones opinion, but you can't tell them their opinion is wrong.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

xavTrot6 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:20:24 AM

There's that thing again.
Feedback can't be wrong. Yours can not, neither can be mine.
You can dislike someones opinion, but you can't tell them their opinion is wrong.

I agree with that.

I will remove the feedback from your account.
Dorrittulx

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:21:31 AM

It's called being the opposite of lenient: fair.

Deal with it, if you fuck up even a tiny bit on this forum you're done for, however severe. Even just once. By accident. Doesn't matter, some users aren't nice.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 02:28:45 AM

Thus meeting my 2 conditions stated earlier:

As shorena already did, I have now changed my ratings on your two accounts to neutral.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

xavTrot6 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:36:29 AM

Thus meeting my 2 conditions stated earlier:

As shorena already did, I have now changed my ratings on your two accounts to neutral.

Thank you.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 6791

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:21:23 AM

Is it just me or has the mood around bitcointalk darkened since these adjustments to the DT list happened?  I see a lot of sniping--more so than usual, and I realize I'm not one to talk, as I can rip new anuses with the best of them.  I don't know, I could be wrong.  Seems like some of the senior members who usually adopt a neutral tone have gone on the attack. 

I think OP realizes his mistake of giving out a rep loan and hopefully he won't do this again.  The question is at what point can these things be forgiven?

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 04:32:05 AM

Is it just me or has the mood around bitcointalk darkened since these adjustments to the DT list happened?
Is it mexxer or me you don't like being on DT?

I think OP realizes his mistake of giving out a rep loan and hopefully he won't do this again. The question is at what point can these things be forgiven?
I'm fairly certain he won't do that again. As for the part of "forgiving":
shorena had left him a negative, and revised it to a neutral. I have done the same, after some discussion.
We both decided to give the guy a second chance (and yes, I know I took longer with that, but that's because the rep loan wasn't the only issue I had).
That's it at the end of the day.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:42:32 AM

Is it just me or has the mood around bitcointalk darkened since these adjustments to the DT list happened?
Is it mexxer or me you don't like being on DT?
<snip>
No, I didn't mean it that way.  I have no problem with Mexxer at all, and in fact I think he does a great job around here.  I'm not as familiar with you, but I don't have a problem with you.  What I wrote was just a straight observation and I'm wondering if others see it the same.  I guess it was the SebastianJu thing where he seemed to be getting attacked from all sides in a tone that I don't often see used with trusted members like him.  And there were other threads too.  But as I said, I could be totally wrong.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 04:48:04 AM

No, I didn't mean it that way.
But it certainly sounded like you did. Sorry, but that might easily be misunderstood in a thread that starts with the sentence
You can see where I get that idea from.

What I wrote was just a straight observation and I'm wondering if others see it the same.  I guess it was the SebastianJu thing where he seemed to be getting attacked from all sides in a tone that I don't often see used with trusted members like him. And there were other threads too. But as I said, I could be totally wrong.
Well, I don't agree. That's only my observation though.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:52:25 AM

Lutpin, take it from me.  If I meant it the way you think I meant it, I would not be afraid to tell you.  I am not playing mind games with you.  I was making a general statement about what I see as a shift in tone in some of the threads that senior members participate in, with this thread being just one of them.  I was not talking about you in particular by any means.  And if you're on DT I have no problem with that, nor Mexxer.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:52:47 AM

I think OP realizes his mistake of giving out a rep loan and hopefully he won't do this again.  The question is at what point can these things be forgiven?

At what point can you believe these things to be said as true? Has OP stuck around long enough yet? Creating a new account and abandoning the old is usually not a good sign but thats just my opinion.
xavTrot6 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:52:56 PM

Is it just me or has the mood around bitcointalk darkened since these adjustments to the DT list happened?  I see a lot of sniping--more so than usual, and I realize I'm not one to talk, as I can rip new anuses with the best of them.  I don't know, I could be wrong.  Seems like some of the senior members who usually adopt a neutral tone have gone on the attack.  

I do see that. All is good now, but I see other members (not just Lutpin) on that attack stance first thing.

I think OP realizes his mistake of giving out a rep loan and hopefully he won't do this again.  The question is at what point can these things be forgiven?

At what point can you believe these things to be said as true? Has OP stuck around long enough yet? Creating a new account and abandoning the old is usually not a good sign but thats just my opinion.

The thing is, you cannot really tell.
This is not us being coworkers in cubicles, but strangers running an online community on the net.

I think that I fucked up badly, as you can tell by the sheer amount of work I have had, and still have to do to get my rep cleared.
However, was 4 months ago giving a rep loan w/o understanding the bigger picture worth getting all the negatives four or five months later?

I agree with what you are saying.

I feel like it was right, for in order for me to clear my rep of the previous negatives, major apologizing and talks with the people who gave those negatives were needed.
On the other hand, people not involved should not be throwing more dirt on the pile, doesn't help at all.

I mean, it's really hard to figure this stuff out.
You either have a system that slams down on scammers and the like, and imprisons a few innocents in the system, or you are too lax, and scammers continue to prey on members.

Creating a new account and abandoning the old is usually not a good sign but thats just my opinion.

I understand it isn't a good practice, especially when we are dealing in the business of feedback, but honestly, it's just a pain to log in and out of BTCT accounts.
I have had this account since Nov. I believe.
I can start swapping out each message by a different account if you want Tongue

Thanks, everyone, for listening.
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:08:58 PM

...and yet for all your bullying about, you haven't removed the negative feedback you left for me...

Hands out negative feedbacks, for literally no reason, watch out for this guy.

Somebody needs to poke me with a stick when my name gets mentioned in one of these threads...

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:14:51 PM

Oh yeh - just recalled why my feedback was negative...

KWH 70: -0 / +7   2015-11-19   0.00000000   Reference   Knowingly giving a Rep. Loan. You basically sold your feedback for dust. Congratulations.

xavTrot6 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 03:41:36 PM

Oh yeh - just recalled why my feedback was negative...

KWH 70: -0 / +7   2015-11-19   0.00000000   Reference   Knowingly giving a Rep. Loan. You basically sold your feedback for dust. Congratulations.
Is that your negative feedback?
I think that is KWH's feedback, and I have to deal with KWH alone to work that out.

If you removed your feedbacks on the both of my accounts, which shouldn't be there, I would remove my trust that I placed there.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: